Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I would purchase mining time with...
BTC - 231 (57.5%)
MTGOXUSD Codes - 32 (8%)
Credit Card - 112 (27.9%)
Other e-currency (ie. Dwolla, Paxum) - 27 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 400

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUMAX | The Bitcoin Mining Marketplace  (Read 215503 times)
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 06:30:31 PM

Until then, relax and if you're not happy there's nobody keeping you here.

Sorry but I don't think this part was needed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 06:31:40 PM

Sorry but I don't think this part was needed.
The truth hurts, doesn't it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 06:49:55 PM

Bug zux0r on IRC?

Seriously
A guy comes along , finds a way to make you extra money while making a profit at the same time
and all anybody has are endless complaints.
Lol, +1 to that...
Some people use GPUMAX instead of pool-hopping and are not that impressed by the ratio of extra payout vs. downtime.

I'm happy to be part of this beta and report problem as, I guess, is what you expected...  I just don't like to be treated like shit because I get paid extra.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 06:56:26 PM

[GPUMAX has created a miner vs miner market and I think many of you are use to a pool vs pool market.

Right now, we are competing, but not so much on price, as on hours spent behind our screens adjusting prices.

So, it's different and working as it should

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 07:16:06 PM

[GPUMAX has created a miner vs miner market and I think many of you are use to a pool vs pool market.

Right now, we are competing, but not so much on price, as on hours spent behind our screens adjusting prices.

it's free market after all.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 07:17:28 PM

The only reason this happened was because everyone wants shares all the time.  This is the same thing that happened when we first launched and took time to balance out.  It was designed so that WE don't set the prices, the market does.  Gas stations work the same way.  If we post what the current average rate is, those that manage it correctly lose the edge of competing for shares.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 07:40:26 PM

the question was not answered.

How can you tell if a purchase is running without lowering the price or have an api key?

Right now, there is no way.  I realize that miners wanna make MORE money but if you're not getting work and we're running purchases, it's not like you're losing anything you're just not making as much as you could be.

GPUMAX has created a miner vs miner market and I think many of you are use to a pool vs pool market.  So, it's different and working as it should.  With that said, we have a lot of things coming soon that will drastically change pricing and the market.

it is NOT just about making more money..   it is the fact that miners are lowering the price for no reason other then there is not a purchase running....  so whenever a purchase stops...   the 'weighted avg' starts to fall because miners dont know that there is not a purchase running.

I am not complaining, I am just trying to help those other miners that dont know as much about the gpumax system as some of us do.

I can tell instantly wether it is purchase or price related by setting one worker lower then the rest, but most are not set up or equipped to do that.

edit:  10%  is about 4btc/d  or about 1200 btc year  ..... 

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 07:48:39 PM

The only reason this happened was because everyone wants shares all the time.

Does that surprise you?
That said, i dont necessarily want all the time, but like every other miner, what I dont want, is that my "edge" is being behind a computer screen 24/7 figuring out what the price is and adjusting prices accordingly.

This is not like a commodity market. You cant store shares, they become worthless the second they are created, so miners sell 24/7 what they produce. If the price varies 24/7 on supply and demand, thats fine, as long we have simple tools that handle the selling for us, and not what we have now, when the price drops 5% while you sleep, you end up selling nothing all night.

Gas stations work the same way.

A gas station doesnt need to pump fuel 24/7. If its not selling enough, it can lower its price and still sell the gas it hadnt sold before. Mining doesnt work like that.

A better comparison is electricity supply. The way that works is with volume contracts. If GPUmax offered  that, that would be fine. Offer or Bid on a contract for x shares over x days, and as a miner you can enter the contract or not, but if you do, you know the price and the amount of shares and then you can go to bed Smiley. And there would be no point hiding the bids or having to guess how long it will run.

siggy

Activity: 381

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 07:54:04 PM

The only reason this happened was because everyone wants shares all the time.  This is the same thing that happened when we first launched and took time to balance out.  It was designed so that WE don't set the prices, the market does.  Gas stations work the same way.  If we post what the current average rate is, those that manage it correctly lose the edge of competing for shares.

While I agree that having the market automatically set the price is best, I think the current implimentation is missing a piece.  Currently "the market" is defined as a contest between sellers.  The Buyers have no input here.  The buyers are presented with a "take it or leave it" price.  If a buyer was willing to by 10 million shares at .000048, there is no way for him to convey that information to "the market".   

As there is a 1 month backlog on processing purchases (I believe I've seen that mentioned on the forum here somewhere), there SHOULD be a price at which everyone gets shares all the time. (within the constraints of Pirate sack time).  If the current algo does not allow for that, then not only are sellers losing out on profits, but buyers are losing because they are having to wait longer for their purchases to process, and most importantly, GPUMAX is losing out because it isn't getting any fee for private shares.

Sigg

P.s.  STILL think GPUMAX is the best thing since sliced bread.  Since we are still in BETA, it seems to me like this is the time when such discussions should be taking place. 
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 08:16:35 PM

The only reason this happened was because everyone wants shares all the time.

Does that surprise you?
That said, i dont necessarily want all the time, but like every other miner, what I dont want, is that my "edge" is being behind a computer screen 24/7 figuring out what the price is and adjusting prices accordingly.

This is not like a commodity market. You cant store shares, they become worthless the second they are created, so miners sell 24/7 what they produce. If the price varies 24/7 on supply and demand, thats fine, as long we have simple tools that handle the selling for us, and not what we have now, when the price drops 5% while you sleep, you end up selling nothing all night.

Gas stations work the same way.

A gas station doesnt need to pump fuel 24/7. If its not selling enough, it can lower its price and still sell the gas it hadnt sold before. Mining doesnt work like that.

A better comparison is electricity supply. The way that works is with volume contracts. If GPUmax offered  that, that would be fine. Offer or Bid on a contract for x shares over x days, and as a miner you can enter the contract or not, but if you do, you know the price and the amount of shares and then you can go to bed Smiley. And there would be no point hiding the bids or having to guess how long it will run.

Actually I like this idea, with a little modification.

Buyers can place contract bids up, and all the miners see is how many shares purchased, and the price offered by the buyer. The miners can then either accept the contract at the price offered, or leave it waiting for another contract to come up. Pirate can also edit the software to automatically subtract his 10% or whatever he charges for the service.

This way it actually becomes a market, not just miners setting a that the buyers have to either take or leave.
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 08:42:01 PM

Pirate can also edit the software to automatically subtract his 10% or whatever he charges for the service.

Purchase price *.9090909091 dropping the seventh digit past the decimal of the result seems to be the magic number to get the most for your hash power when a purchase is running, so close enough to 10% that it don't really matter.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 08:44:01 PM

Nope.  .44 doesn't work either.

this is exactly why the price keeps dropping,  when purchases are not running, miners are lowering the price to get work that is NOT there.

everyone,  Please make sure there is a purchase running before testing lower prices!

Don't worry, it was only temporarily set at that price (and my hashpower is insignificant anyway).  I have it set higher than that pretty much 24/7.

Buckwheet

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 11:20:58 PM

And to think..the only thing I could think of that could be "coming soon" was notification of a worker disconnect.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:15:40 AM

Bug zux0r on IRC?

Seriously
A guy comes along , finds a way to make you extra money while making a profit at the same time

I think it is important to differentiate between simple complaining and actual suggestions and feature requests. While it's easy to categorize anything less than voracious thank-yous as complaining, doing that not only fails to actually address the problem but in effect contributes to it. Whining about other people whining simply exacerbates the problem.

I do not disagree that some of the negative posts are simple whining, but I certainly do not think all of them are. Many users have legitimate problems with the service and are asking for help or making suggestions in perfectly reasonable and polite ways. Whine about the whiners if you will, but at least respect legitimate gripes such as Transisto's and jjimm64's. (And before you cry foul, I do not know either of them at all.)

With all due respect Pirate, is that really how you want to run your company? "If you don't like it, then leave"? There's a lot of ground in between dealing with every tiny gripe and utterly dismissing serious, polite, and legitimate questions. Users of any company have problems every day. I'm not going to just quit going to a grocery store because they gave me one bad carton of milk. I go there, talk to the manager, give them a chance to explain themselves. If they give reasonable reasons for why my carton of milk was bad, if they explain themselves civilly and don't simply dismiss my claims, I give them another chance. If they just dismiss my queries, I will leave, no question about it, and find another grocery store. That you haven't experienced yet, because there is no "other GPUMAX". But it will come, and when it does, I encourage you to at least consider my words. These people are giving you a chance here. If you want to throw that away, that's your choice.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 12:42:35 AM

Bug zux0r on IRC?

Seriously

I think it is important to differentiate between simple complaining and actual suggestions and feature requests. While it's easy to categorize anything less than voracious thank-yous as complaining, doing that not only fails to actually address the problem but in effect contributes to it. Whining about other people whining simply exacerbates the problem.

I do not disagree that some of the negative posts are simple whining, but I certainly do not think all of them are. Many users have legitimate problems with the service and are asking for help or making suggestions in perfectly reasonable and polite ways. Whine about the whiners if you will, but at least respect legitimate gripes such as Transisto's and jjimm64's. (And before you cry foul, I do not know either of them at all.)

With all due respect Pirate, is that really how you want to run your company? "If you don't like it, then leave"? There's a lot of ground in between dealing with every tiny gripe and utterly dismissing serious, polite, and legitimate questions. Users of any company have problems every day. I'm not going to just quit going to a grocery store because they gave me one bad carton of milk. I go there, talk to the manager, give them a chance to explain themselves. If they give reasonable reasons for why my carton of milk was bad, if they explain themselves civilly and don't simply dismiss my claims, I give them another chance. If they just dismiss my queries, I will leave, no question about it, and find another grocery store. That you haven't experienced yet, because there is no "other GPUMAX". But it will come, and when it does, I encourage you to at least consider my words. These people are giving you a chance here. If you want to throw that away, that's your choice.

Miners are not our customers but instead our workers. Those that i have a problem with know why and ultimately I'm tired of dealing with anyone that can do nothing but complain but contiunes to use the service, which is the reason for my comment.

Like i have stated countless times before, we are working on changes to improve the system and trying to keep everyone happy but there is always going to be complainers. GPUMAX is something much bigger that it appears and until that information is public all i can say is wait for it.

Running a large operation in a tech savvy online community is like trying to write a paper with a bunch of grammer professors looking over you.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:10:57 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2012, 01:26:00 AM by BinaryMage

Miners are not our customers but instead our workers. Those that i have a problem with know why and ultimately I'm tired of dealing with anyone that can do nothing but complain but contiunes to use the service, which is the reason for my comment.

Oh, they are your customers, like it or not. Both buyers and sellers of hashing power are contracting with you to provide a service. I understand and empathize with not wanting to deal with whiners, I just ask that you try not to brush off everything negative as a malevolent complaint.

Like i have stated countless times before, we are working on changes to improve the system and trying to keep everyone happy but there is always going to be complainers. GPUMAX is something much bigger that it appears and until that information is public all i can say is wait for it.

You have certainly stated it countless times before, and I assure you I have no doubts that you are working on changes. Nor do I expect you to make future plans public if you do not wish to. However, I fail to see how this in any way impedes you from answering honest queries instead of brushing them off.

Running a large operation in a tech savvy online community is like trying to write a paper with a bunch of grammer professors looking over you.

That it is. But it is also a unique opportunity to have knowledgeable, caring people provide feedback on and help you improve your company. It is what you make of in. And in any case, as you said yourself,
if you're not happy there's nobody keeping you here.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 01:19:31 AM

+1 one of the most apt statements I have seen in awhile

freshzive

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:25:12 AM

is gpumax down for others? my miners arent getting any work and occassionally when they do the shares all being rejected

leveer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:38:47 AM

is gpumax down for others? my miners arent getting any work and occassionally when they do the shares all being rejected
The "pool" isn't accessible for me, either, but the website is working fine...
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:50:37 AM

Oh, they are your customers, like it or not. Both buyers and sellers of hashing power are contracting with you to provide a service. I understand and empathize with not wanting to deal with whiners, I just ask that you try not to brush off everything negative as a malevolent complaint.

You have certainly stated it countless times before, and I assure you I have no doubts that you are working on changes. Nor do I expect you to make future plans public if you do not wish to. However, I fail to see how this in any way impedes you from answering honest queries instead of brushing them off.

That it is. But it is also a unique opportunity to have knowledgeable, caring people provide feedback on and help you improve your company. It is what you make of in. And in any case, as you said yourself,
if you're not happy there's nobody keeping you here.
BinaryMage, you make valid points and I agree. There are whiners, and there are people (such as yourself) asking valid questions, pointing out valid deficiencies, suggesting improvements. All of these have a similar sound to those casually listening. It takes care to distinguish one from the other. Not everyone will.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: