Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:06:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260263 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ninja registrator

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:23:52 PM

Danbi,

If you can take ANY other groestl coin (what..all three of them?) and have it work in a heart beat, which they do, its not the stratum, its the coin.

True, you can make other groestl based coins work, but this is only part of the game. There is other hashing involved besides groestl in DMD and the other coins.

Still hacking, but so far, we have two choices:

1. make DMD hash like the other groestl coins and fork (!) again.

2. Modify both stratum AND the miner and avoid the fork. I am currently working in this direction.

in my thoughts? if the stratum is already working for other coins? even if its only 3 with this algo..... why would someone insist on changing and trying to fix something that isn't broke?
afraid of the fork? but the fork would solve the problem! also if your changing the code to change stratum and other then who says that this wont happen again ? instead of using tried and true ?
just my thoughts on breaking something that is working or not?
sure I understand the challenge of making it work and wanting to prove that your good coders but make this work like the other groestl and if we all have problems then its solved with more then just a single coin right?

The ralationship between wallet (getblocktemplate) - stratum - miner and wallet (getwork) - miner is very, very different.
In the later case, it is the wallet that controls block construction/verification etc. In the first case, it's all three parties.
In the case of the other coins, it "just works", because the neccesary work to support it has already been done. We will do it for DMD as well, don't worry.

The choice to fork again is no an easy one, at least not in this moment. Sure, the fact that DMD's implementation is not exactly like GRS's has been overlooked, but this is done thing, in the past. We need to look in the future, where we have precisely the above choices.

I for myself don't care much about any recognition, but am not feeling easy to have operated a pool and it suddenly stops because a bunch of people insist they don't share any knowledge. This cryptocoin stuff exists on the basis of community trust, which only exists when everything is open source.

common trust? well every moment that goes by and every proprietary and not open source change they make to make this "unique" running the road alone doesn't offer trust.... take a look at the entire world not just a small part of it!

the dev said"   Still hacking, but so far, we have two choices:

2. Modify both stratum AND the miner and avoid the fork. I am currently working in this direction.

taking the fork would solve the problem and number 2 is simply taking on a doubt full approach on coding that may or may not succeed.

I would think more of trying to get this working as others are working and not simply hack stuff to simply make it work for the moment then later it happens again. or not? but who knows?
with taking the fork it would get this coin back in the running trying to recover some of its credibility and would have several "devs" working on it not just this team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:06:10 PM

common trust? well every moment that goes by and every proprietary and not open source change they make to make this "unique" running the road alone doesn't offer trust.... take a look at the entire world not just a small part of it!

taking the fork would solve the problem and number 2 is simply taking on a doubt full approach on coding that may or may not succeed.

I would think more of trying to get this working as others are working and not simply hack stuff to simply make it work for the moment then later it happens again. or not? but who knows?
with taking the fork it would get this coin back in the running trying to recover some of its credibility and would have several "devs" working on it not just this team

That's not the dev, that's me. There might be other options I am not aware of, that the dev might know. I am just trying to help -- and this is what I have come to so far.

Both approaches are fine with me -- the new DMD needs significant modifications from the old DMD in order to be mined in pools, no matter what. Either forking, or making the proper modifications to stratum/miner will work. Forking is just more painful.

By the way, "hacking the code" is the stage when you make it work. Then you refactor your hacks before publishing to make it fit the respective stratum/miner/wallet frameworks.

Again, I am not the dev of either the wallet, the stratum server or the miner. I am just an member of the public, who happened to care.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:22:48 PM

That's not the dev, that's me. There might be other options I am not aware of, that the dev might know. I am just trying to help -- and this is what I have come to so far.

Both approaches are fine with me -- the new DMD needs significant modifications from the old DMD in order to be mined in pools, no matter what. Either forking, or making the proper modifications to stratum/miner will work. Forking is just more painful.

By the way, "hacking the code" is the stage when you make it work. Then you refactor your hacks before publishing to make it fit the respective stratum/miner/wallet frameworks.

Again, I am not the dev of either the wallet, the stratum server or the miner. I am just an member of the public, who happened to care.

I think Cryptsy should get their wallet working. Beyond that, DMD shouldn't be forked again to accommodate private pools. mining is working fine. I'm certain that someone with the proper software skills will get it working on a pool.
morrisonsa

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:34:25 PM

Wts 60 dmd.
m5j0r

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:08:57 PM

@2tights: mining is NOT working fine you exlude the vast majority, all the average users that need normal pools like danbi's

so much time has passed. devs need to look into all of the things that the others above me and myself have posted and get going fast or this is gonna die just as fast as all the other 99999 clones.

I already moved on to mining other coins since mining without a pool is NOT an option for me. Danbi's pool worked fine and he also is very helpful and trying to fix stuff, but devs need to work with all the helpful people out there not just tell everybody to wait a billion times.

But most important to investors like me: price is on the edge. you NEED to get it up now, or it's gonna fall much much further
2tights

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:12:23 PM

@2tights: mining is NOT working fine you exlude all the vast majority, the average users that need normal pools like danbi's

so much time has passed. devs need to look into all of the things that the others above me and myself have posted and get going fast or this is gonna die just as fast as all the other 99999 clones.

If you'd just solo mine, then you'd be fine. I'm up to almost 40 DMD... hows that waiting for pools going for you?

There is no advantage to pool mining other than minimizing short term variance. However, right now as many have stated, solo mining is working just fine which contrary to your perception is more important than pool mining.
ninja registrator

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:16:11 PM

@2tights: mining is NOT working fine you exlude all the vast majority, the average users that need normal pools like danbi's

If you'd just solo mine, then you'd be fine. I'm up to almost 40 DMD... hows that waiting for pools going for you?

There is no advantage to pool mining other than minimizing short term variance. However, right now as many have stated, solo mining is working just fine which contrary to your perception is more important than pool mining.

NOT EVERYONE CAN SOLO MINE, SOME DONT HAVE THE HORSEPOWER TO SOLO MINE AND THAT IS A VAST MAJORITY! SO ALL THOSE THAT WONT OR CANT SOLO WILL SIMPLY DROP THE COIN! I WOULD SAY AS THEY DROP THE COIN THEN THE CREDIBILITY ALSO GOES OUT THE WINDOW

opps sorry for the  caps lock
m5j0r

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:25:43 PM

caps are very appropriate here.

he just wont get it. if you like statistics then see it this way: you CAN find the same amount of dmd in a week. but if you DONT YOU HAVE LOST ALL THE MINING TIME
if you were in a pool you would get relatively constant results ALL OF THE TIME

this is only about horsepower. besides, for any kind of statistical significance you would have to run 24/7 with constant operation and that is something not achievable by the majority, the guy with a normal pc.
The guy that also has to use his pc for you know work and stuff?
SaintFrantic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:37:15 PM

I'll ask again nicely.Is POS active or not?

ninja registrator

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:38:02 PM

he just wont get it. if you like statistics then see it this way: you CAN find the same amount of dmd in a week. but if you DONT YOU HAVE LOST ALL THE MINING TIME

this is only about horsepower. besides, for any kind of statistical significance you would have to run 24/7 with constant operation and that is something not achievable by the majority, the guy with a normal pc.

I AGREE

the situation is that if every single person would look at this from only his prospective then this coin is DYING FAST.
I do have mining rigs and I can mine solo but to be honest I prefer not to because I like to know for a fact at any given moment I can change with a single click of the button my mining pool and coin! offering myself the chance to have a higher gain! I have mined diamonds for several months steady and made ALOT!
but at any given moment I am also mining at least 4 other coins!
I love diamonds and they bought me some key components in my rigs but .............
solo mining is out of the question and............. waiting for your last meal might  be the last thing you do ..........

Groestl algo is working for the other coins......... drop the pride and make it work for this also but stop dinking around and lets get it done so the VAST MAJORITY OF US MINERS  can get back to work!

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:38:40 PM

hello.
Who follow the forum http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html there is something to actively distribute spam.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
2tights

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:41:48 PM

"if you like statistics.."

dude it has nothing to do with "liking" anything. Its math, plain and simple. Argue with your emotions all you want...

This isn't personal, it's just funny to me really. You can lead a horse to water....
ninja registrator

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:45:07 PM

hello.
Who follow the forum http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html there is something to actively distribute spam.

even on the official forum the "DEVS" last update was over a few days ago! now that is truly prompting his community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2tights

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:52:33 PM

hello.

even on the official forum the "DEVS" last update was over a few days ago! now that is truly prompting his community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are wondering where this are at right now, here is my understanding:

1. solo mining is working great.
2. Cryptsy isn't working yet
3. pool mining is generally not working

The dev has stated they will work to get that pool component working, and it will be an update to DMD once the fix is found.

I don't know if that has changed.
DrReaper

Activity: 190

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:53:52 PM

I would suggest than if your unable to solo mine diamond you should be mining some other coin right now. I am sure the Devs or someone will get pool mining working at some point. Getting upset about something you can't do anything about is pointless.

I cannot mine diamond while I am awake. I can't let it run that long without messing with it.
2tights

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

I would suggest than if your unable to solo mine diamond you should be mining some other coin right now. I am sure the Devs or someone will get pool mining working at some point. Getting upset about something you can't do anything about is pointless.

I cannot mine diamond while I am awake. I can't let it run that long without messing with it.

What problems are you having? I've been very solid for days.
m5j0r

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:15:33 PM

He just wont get it. The reason why it doesnt make sense to mine DMD at that difficulty with your average pc is plain math. pure and simple.

Additionally when only mining  at night your chances drop a lot more.

@2tights: there isnt emotion anywhere, im only interested in investing in something worthy and im doing the maths. which leads to mining other coins right now and just buying dmd.
but that leads to the question: will the devs fix things fast enough to not disrupt mass appeal.
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 05:24:46 PM

it seems that this is a good coin

Yes, the coin is great! Just needs some polishing first, it seems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Cryptsy and their 'support'. I don't think some of you had to deal with Cryptsy before. I've sent numerous reminders to them, spoken each time on Chat with 'customer support' who cannot do anything but report things somewhere further. We have Technical Assistant (Tier 2) assigned to our case , but still didn't get any answers.

I agree HR with all you've said but some things are not penetrable. I also have part of my coins on Cryptsy and don't wan it there as I have no intention to sell them and want to generate interest and it's not the place for that.

For those who are interested in checking on the Foundation Wallet please see this address

dZi9hpA5nBC6tSAbPSsiMjb6HeQTprcWHz

It's been used as a Communit Investment Jar and you can see that half of the funds we currently have in our balance were donated by community members.

http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/topic,29.0.html

Nothing came out of this address apart from recent winning prize of 10DMD to Jepistons for winning Cooking Hash Function competition. The Out transaction was labelled as such as well.

So someone asked the question if we were flooding the market with miners contributions.. there's nothing to flood the market with.. not with these peanuts.

And we have no intention of abandoning this coin. We believe this will be a success story no matter what critics say. We've been through hell before already and it didn't kill us.

It's really hard to report on the current progress. As I said we are going through THE WHOLE CODE, bit by bit to solve our issues. We are working on it.

popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

hello.

Thanks, sorted.. grrr spam bots.

ninja registrator

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:35:41 PM

He just wont get it. The reason why it doesnt make sense to mine DMD at that difficulty with your average pc is plain math. pure and simple.

Additionally when only mining  at night your chances drop a lot more.

@2tights: there isnt emotion anywhere, im only interested in investing in something worthy and im doing the maths. which leads to mining other coins right now and just buying dmd.
but that leads to the question: will the devs fix things fast enough to not disrupt mass appeal.

first he has to lead the horse to water then he has to break out the old sterilization pot for the water
cleans the pot with diligences
 gets a few sticks to rub together and tries to make a fire
don't work so he pulls out the magnifying glass on a cloudy day
even that isn't working but alas... his flint should do it!
nope......
uses the magnifying glass to dry the book of matches in his pocket
starts the fire
grabs the pot and runs to the water
trps and stumbles ...."pot goes flying"
gets up and recovers the pot
back to washing it!
fills it with water
back to the fire that died cuz of the wind.
That horse is getting mighty thirsty by now!
2 sticks.... all over again....
finally getting that water to boil and sterilize!
as he is waiting  he walks to the horse wanting to clam him with soothing words...
upon approach the horse looks at him quickly spinning and back kicks him knocking him down......
the horse turns and says........
see that guy over there with the lighter?
he is also holding a bottle of water.....
your turn has passed as the horse goes with the other guy that offered him a apple

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: