Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:53:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:41:10 AM

If anyone else has a nice list a FUDsters please let me know, this list will not only appear on vericoinish but multiple websites that my buddies own that have a huge following. I come up with great ideas after half a bottle of JW.
http://www.vericoinish.com/index.php/blog/the-fud-list

Those 2 are now on my ignore list so no worries I will not be reposting their garbage again. I am excited about the FUD list though totally awesome

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:45:13 AM

If anyone else has a nice list a FUDsters please let me know, this list will not only appear on vericoinish but multiple websites that my buddies own that have a huge following. I come up with great ideas after half a bottle of JW.
http://www.vericoinish.com/index.php/blog/the-fud-list

Those 2 are now on my ignore list so no worries I will not be reposting their garbage again. I am excited about the FUD list though totally awesome
Show me one thing I've said in this thread that's untrue?  Oh wait... you can't...

Yet I can show you plenty of things that the defenders of forking say that is complete bullshit - and I do.

Good to know you're a drunkard tho - definitely adds to your credibility.

Weak minds use the ignore button when they grow annoyed that they can't defend their ideas (typically, because their ideas are wrong).

(Also, I'd be willing to bet that lootz will un-ignore me long enough to read this post, because he obviously cares a hell of a lot about his likely loss of investment because he believed in VRC)
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:51:07 AM

Hey look phzi is saying something but it says he is blocked that is fantastic. I am guessing he is defending himself in 1 way ar another. Something along the line of I am rite because, and he is wrong because...

Use the list very helpful to know who to block guys, http://www.vericoinish.com/index.php/blog/the-fud-list
CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:51:23 AM

It's nice to see some passion from the naysayers. The louder they are, the more they reveal the importance of VRC.

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:58:34 AM

You guys really need to learn your Bitcoin history! Bitcoin had been rolledback!

8th August 2010 - 92 billion BTC into existence

On 8th August 2010 bitcoin developer Jeff Garzik wrote what could be mildly described as the biggest understatement since Apollo 13 told Houston: “We’ve had a problem here.”. “The ‘value out’ in this block is quite strange,” he wrote on bitcointalk.org, referring to a block that had somehow contained 92 billion BTC, which is precisely 91,979,000,000 more bitcoin than is ever supposed to exist. CVE-2010-5139 (CVE meaning ‘common vulnerability and exposures’) was frighteningly simple and exploited to the point of farce by an unknown attacker. In technical language, the bug is known as a number overflow error.So instead of the system counting up 98, 99, 100, 101, for example, it broke at 99 and went to zero (or -100) instead of 100. In layman’s terms, someone found a way to flood the code and create a ridiculously large amount of bitcoin in the process.

The fix was the bitcoin equivalent of dying in a video game and restarting from the last save point. The community simply hit ‘undo’, jumping back to the point in the blockchain before the hack occurred and starting anew from there; all of the transactions made after the bug was exploited – but before the fix was implemented – were effectively cancelled.

How serious was it? Bitcoin’s lead developer Wladimir Van Der Laan is pretty blunt about it, telling me: “It was the worst problem ever.”

Source1: http://www.coindesk.com/9-biggest-screwups-bitcoin-history/
Source2: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822.0
phzi

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:04:09 AM

You guys really need to learn your Bitcoin history! Bitcoin had been rolledback!

On 8th August 2010 bitcoin developer Jeff Garzik wrote what could be mildly described as the biggest understatement since Apollo 13 told Houston: “We’ve had a problem here.”. “The ‘value out’ in this block is quite strange,” he wrote on bitcointalk.org, referring to a block that had somehow contained 92 billion BTC, which is precisely 91,979,000,000 more bitcoin than is ever supposed to exist. CVE-2010-5139 (CVE meaning ‘common vulnerability and exposures’) was frighteningly simple and exploited to the point of farce by an unknown attacker. In technical language, the bug is known as a number overflow error.So instead of the system counting up 98, 99, 100, 101, for example, it broke at 99 and went to zero (or -100) instead of 100. In layman’s terms, someone found a way to flood the code and create a ridiculously large amount of bitcoin in the process.

The fix was the bitcoin equivalent of dying in a video game and restarting from the last save point. The community simply hit ‘undo’, jumping back to the point in the blockchain before the hack occurred and starting anew from there; all of the transactions made after the bug was exploited – but before the fix was implemented – were effectively cancelled.

How serious was it? Bitcoin’s lead developer Wladimir Van Der Laan is pretty blunt about it, telling me: “It was the worst problem ever.”

This is a hard-fork for internal reasons, not a blockchain rollback for external reasons - HUGE difference.  It was done because the protocol wasn't implemented properly, not because some third-party exchange messed up.

Obviously you need to learn your terminology...

Bitcoin used a hard-fork, which caused that block to be invalid and unacceptable (because it was)...  Nothing was invalid or unacceptable (protocol-wise) about the block that VRC rolled back to.

There are hard-forks, forks, and blockchain rollbacks (essentially, large blockchain re-organizations).

Hard-forks are performed because there is a bug in the software that needs fixing - a fault in the software itself.
Bitcoin has had a few emergency hard-forks; 2 to be exact.  These are positive changes - they show that the developers and community are on top of things, and capable of fixing the protocol or protocol implementation when necessary.

Forks are when there are two competing blockchains - this is usually a bad thing.  Simple forks are often caused when there are protocol version conflicts, and the longer chain stops getting accepted by a set of nodes, who then branch into their own chain.  Forks are almost always a bad thing.

Blockchain rollbacks and re-orgs happen when someone 51% attacks the network, or for the first time with VRC, when devs decide to force a revert to a previous checkpoint.  Blockchain re-organizations (rollbacks) are VERY BAD.  They show that the network has NO orphan security, and that you very simply should not trust your money on that blockchain.

A fork is not a fork.  Anyone that says that has no idea what they are talking about, and you probably shouldn't believe anything else they clai

And, FFS... the big and red text doesn't make your point more valid - it just makes you look desperate.
phzi

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:09:29 AM

It's nice to see some passion from the naysayers. The louder they are, the more they reveal the importance of VRC.
It's more along the lines of naysayers are trying to save less-informed educators from falling for the utter bullshit that these supporters (aka: people that have lost money and are desperately hoping their posts will cause the value to go back up) spew about un-related bitcoin hard-forks, and massively misuse terminology to serve their own point.  You can see the un-informed and under-educated posts a mile away - they almost always have the word FUD in them in an accusatory tone against someone making a decent argument.

Look at it this way:  
I'm not for any other coin or trying to stir shit for no reason - I've never mentioned any competition in this thread, nor am I trying to further my own situation (other then maybe see my post count climb).
The people that are posting in support of this coin all have a stake in the coin, and want to see it's value increase.  Many have lost money that they are hoping to recover, and so throw nonsense words around like FUD.

Dunno about you, but I certainly know who I wouldn't be listening to...
MAD945

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:16:21 AM

This is a hard-fork for internal reasons, not a blockchain rollback for external reasons - HUGE difference.  It was done because the protocol wasn't implemented properly, not because some third-party exchange messed up.

Obviously you need to learn your terminology...

Bitcoin used a hard-fork, which caused that block to be invalid and unacceptable (because it was)...  Nothing was invalid or unacceptable (protocol-wise) about the block that VRC rolled back to.

There are hard-forks, forks, and blockchain rollbacks (essentially, large blockchain re-organizations).

Hard-forks are performed because there is a bug in the software that needs fixing - a fault in the software itself.
Bitcoin has had a few emergency hard-forks; 2 to be exact.  These are positive changes - they show that the developers and community are on top of things, and capable of fixing the protocol or protocol implementation when necessary.

Forks are when there are two competing blockchains - this is usually a bad thing.  Simple forks are often caused when there are protocol version conflicts, and the longer chain stops getting accepted by a set of nodes, who then branch into their own chain.  Forks are almost always a bad thing.

Blockchain rollbacks and re-orgs happen when someone 51% attacks the network, or for the first time with VRC, when devs decide to force a revert to a previous checkpoint.  Blockchain re-organizations (rollbacks) are VERY BAD.  They show that the network has NO orphan security, and that you very simply should not trust your money on that blockchain.

A fork is not a fork.  Anyone that says that has no idea what they are talking about, and you probably shouldn't believe anything else they clai

And, FFS... the big and red text doesn't make your point more valid - it just makes you look desperate.

Bitcoin did rollback the blockchain because of external reasons...a hacker had exploited a vulnerable part of the software.

You need to read that quote again...
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:17:08 AM

@ phzi

Ah so your a hero who is helping, I see  Wink

And so much effort too. So selfless  Cheesy

phzi

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:27:12 AM

Bitcoin did rollback the blockchain because of external reasons...a hacker had exploited a vulnerable part of the software.

A hacker exploited a vulnerability IN the bitcoin core client - that would not be called an external problem...  Durp.

Core Client != Third Party Exchange.  Get it?

Bitcoin patched a vulnerability, which caused a rollback past the invalid block (it was an invalid block, afterall, just not detected properly). 
When you can show the vulnerability that VRC patched (they didn't...) then you can say it's the same.

Bitcoin devs patched a bug via a hard-fork.  VRC dev team FORCED a blockchain rollback.

Are you starting to see the difference, or are you going to continue to be intentionally blind?

@ phzi

I never said selfless - I get entertainment and a higher post count, lol.
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:32:22 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 09:15:00 AM by CodeHunter

I get entertainment and a higher post count, lol.

Post count? Bwuahahahaha Cheesy oh man. The aspie of aspies.

MAD945

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:42:23 AM

A hacker exploited a vulnerability IN the bitcoin core client - that would not be called an external problem...  Durp.

Core Client != Third Party Exchange.  Get it?

Bitcoin patched a vulnerability, which caused a rollback past the invalid block (it was an invalid block, afterall, just not detected properly). 
When you can show the vulnerability that VRC patched (they didn't...) then you can say it's the same.

Bitcoin devs patched a bug via a hard-fork.  VRC dev team FORCED a blockchain rollback.

Are you starting to see the difference, or are you going to continue to be intentionally blind?

@ phzi

I never said selfless - I get entertainment and a higher post count, lol.

Thank you for confirming with me that Bitcoin Indeed performed a rollback...thank you
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:14:57 AM

I don't want to FUD here, but if things are so bad as some persons try to state here, who was so stupid to buy VRC with 20BTC? Shortsighted whale or just blind kiddie?
setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:18:36 AM

I don't want to FUD here, but if things are so bad as some persons try to explain here, who was so stupid to buy VRC with 20BTC? Shortsighted whale or just blind kiddie?

I didn't invest 20 BTC but i've sold all my other coins and now i'm all in VRC. I'm sure it pays out.

I still don't get any payouts from the mining pool!

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:20:28 AM

I don't want to FUD here, but if things are so bad as some persons try to explain here, who was so stupid to buy VRC with 20BTC? Shortsighted whale or just blind kiddie?

I didn't invest 20 BTC but i've sold all my other coins and now i'm all in VRC. I'm sure it pays out.

I still don't get any payouts from the mining pool!

I am all in with my spare BTC that I had left from really bad day trading.
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:34:38 AM

More miners means more hashrate meaning:
[...]
-hurts dedicated miners of the coin when we leave them with high difficulty
[...]

That is kinda part of the point of this pool... to devalue altcoins by raping them and then trading them to BTC.

So you are still in this raping business, phzi?
Taurenchief

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:34:45 AM

A fork is not a fork.  Anyone that says that has no idea what they are talking about, and you probably shouldn't believe anything else they claim to know.

Nothing I'm saying is untrue, nor attacking a specific coin.  I would make these statements about any blockchain that was re-organized like VRC was.

It's not FUD if it's true - it's sharing knowledge.  
FUD has become the most ridiculously overused buzz word in this thread.  And it's being used to discredit people who's points cannot otherwise be disproven.  So, please, keep shouting FUD at me... it's obvious you're the only one spreading bullshit when you do so.

After reading your explanation of the fork vs hard fork vs block chain roll back, I recalled the early days of vericoin.
In the first day of mining, at around 1500 blocks, there was a fork (pow stage of vericoin was a fork heaven), the developer used a hard fork to hardfork the block chain to a early block before the fork happens.

I lost about somewhere between 10000 and 12000 coins in that hard fork (I was in the hero pool, the long and main block chain, and the 0feepool was on shorter chain, and in the first day, diff was very very low). At that time, I didn't think much about the hard fork (or we can now call it a rollback). After reading this explanation, that hard fork is just a mistake and should never be done. What the developers should have done is to find the long block chain, and use that right block chain to ask miners go to miner on that chain, rather than rolling it back.

Those forks happened multiple times and i remember it was rolled back multiple times. I was always mining in the hero pool and also lost some coins during those rollbacks.

Now I think it back, the rollback after mintpal hack is not alone(it has been done multiple times before), it has shown the incompetence of the developers, looks like they don't know what they were doing and just do what they want to do, rather than following the right thing in the community.

I don't want to FUD, but I am trying to say the fact. You guys can look at my post history and tell.
portdavenport

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:38:24 AM

If it were not for the MP issue (which is now resolved), Vericoin ("VRC") would probably be at near or sub Cloak price levels now.

As soon as the current line of updates are out in force, this coin is sure to rally.

Android Wallet
New Website
VRCRadio.com
Buy Vericoin (VRC/FIAT)
and more...

With ongoing Dev support, professional branding, promotions, social media penetration, and early retail adoption...

With some of the fastest transaction times in Crypto, it's a wonder why we are not knocking on the doorstep of Litecoin.

hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:40:57 AM

tic toc, tic toc

bought 1btc at 22000sat
bought 1btc at 21000sat
bought 1btc at 20000sat
bought 1btc at 19000sat [all filled ]

will buy 20btc all the way down to 1000sat if need be

too easy, see you 18 year olds in 3 weeks 6 days
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:50:13 AM

tic toc, tic toc

bought 1btc at 22000sat
bought 1btc at 21000sat
bought 1btc at 20000sat
bought 1btc at 19000sat [all filled ]

will buy 20btc all the way down to 1000sat if need be

too easy, see you 18 year olds in 3 weeks 6 days

I am 21 and holding,  does it mean I am grown up now?  Cheesy

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: