Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:02:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625085 times)
daberti

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:58:22 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 07:33:01 PM by daberti

This does NOT change things. And I do own AEONS !
daberti = sanitariu ? I feel like I just heard your rant over on Git. Is your only stake in this coin as a trading vessel? There may be better options for you other than a lightweight anonymized variant of an already established idea, platform, and developer. You can see there is a core community here right?

daberti is daberti. Granted. And can you see that I gave my contribute here with a compiling guide mentioned by Arux? Steer away from me, with given respect.

Said that, as I'm an owner of AEON coins I'd really hope it will stay at high 70k Sat levels....yet it is very strange it is in excess of 74K at trex and 61k at the other Exchange.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:33:57 PM

We now have AEON COIN's official DISCORD channel. Accept the invite and chat away!

To clarify there is nothing 'official' about this or any Discord channel, if by 'official' it is meant to be associated with the core project/repo/thread/etc.. I don't use Discord.

Community initiatives, including this one, are welcome.
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:37:27 PM

1. Please consider using a smaller pool to spread the hash rate around or use the stratum proxy if you enough hash rate to solo mine. As long as you can get blocks 'regularly' (whatever that  means to you), you don't need to swarm onto the same pool as everyone else. A healthier mining network that is decentralized will improve confidence in the coin.

2. Hash rate for AEON should be higher than XMR on the same hardware. The ratio depends on the hardware.

Thanks for the feedback smooth! I agree with your first statement and have done that on other coins with good results, so will highly consider going with sumominer pool instead.

On point 2, that's what I was hoping to hear, so really eager to get at least 1 of my rigs up and running on AEON to see what it can do.

Do you have any recommendation mining-wise for AMD GPUs?

OK, so I feel like I am making a bit of progress towards getting a miner set up but would like to ask for some validation to make sure I am on the right track...

1- Pool:  planning to go with sumominer pool - I went there to try and register but don't see anywhere to do that. For these pools, can I therefore assume it's the non-registration model that just uses your wallet address to both track your rewards and paste into the code of the miner?  I think Ethermine is the same like this... just want to make sure I dont need to register on the pool.

2- I have an AEON wallet on Bittrex but of course that has been down for what seems like forever. So. I rezlized I need to create a new wallet somehow. I found the win64 AEON ZIP v0.9.12 off the official site and unpacked it.  I ran the aeond.exe and it just now completed synchronizing after a little under 2 hours.

From here, I understand I need to run the simplewallet.exe to set up my wallet.

3- After I get that address, I should be able to configure a miner, correct?

I have downloaded wolf GPU AEON miner .2 from github and unzipped it. This is quite a bit different from recent Claymore miners but this is what I THINK needs to be done to configure for AEON mining:

- open aeon.conf file in text editor
- replace "url" with:  stratum+tcp://aeon.sumominer.com:3335
- replace "user" address with my own wallet address created above
- save and exit config file
- run miner.exe

so... are those steps correct?  is there anything else that needs to be done in that config file?

OK... so I just tried all of the above but it doesn't work. When I try to launch the miner.exe, it looks like very brief flash of window pops up but then disappears. I also trying running as Admin. This is a rig that I have been mining ETH & XMR on, so there should be no interference from things like virus software. Windows defender is the only thing on their but that has always come up with a prompt well after a new miner has been launched.

Clearly I have missed some critical piece but not sure what it is.  Do I need to enter other things into that config file like Algo, Pool, etc?

One thing I just thought of... I ran that aeonD blockchain sync on a different PC than the one I am trying to run the miner on.  Do I need to do that sync on each PC that I intend to mine on?  If so, does it need to keep running while miner is going or can it be exited after initially synced?

Try using the miner and steps shown in this thread.  I haven't used Wolf's miner, but I think it's similar. Or you could just use this one: https://github.com/shyba/aeon-stak-amd

It's a bit different, but if you check the readme and instructions it's not to bad to set up.

Thanks Elder... I went to the GitHub link you provided and downloaded the entire contents as a ZIP file.  I unpacked it and read the readme and opened the config.text file.  However, the 2nd step after updating config file with personal info is to launch the executable, but I checked everywhere and there is no .exe included in this zip.  A quick check of the actual github page also does not show any .exe file, so I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do here.

Can you elaborate on the "miner and steps shown in this thread" comment?  Are you talking about the mining from wallet option on the initial post or some other option?

Nippel66

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:42:07 PM

The growth seems steady, this is cool.
Good work @Smooth cant wait for next week  Grin

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:46:35 PM

1. Please consider using a smaller pool to spread the hash rate around or use the stratum proxy if you enough hash rate to solo mine. As long as you can get blocks 'regularly' (whatever that  means to you), you don't need to swarm onto the same pool as everyone else. A healthier mining network that is decentralized will improve confidence in the coin.

2. Hash rate for AEON should be higher than XMR on the same hardware. The ratio depends on the hardware.

Thanks for the feedback smooth! I agree with your first statement and have done that on other coins with good results, so will highly consider going with sumominer pool instead.

On point 2, that's what I was hoping to hear, so really eager to get at least 1 of my rigs up and running on AEON to see what it can do.

Do you have any recommendation mining-wise for AMD GPUs?

OK, so I feel like I am making a bit of progress towards getting a miner set up but would like to ask for some validation to make sure I am on the right track...

1- Pool:  planning to go with sumominer pool - I went there to try and register but don't see anywhere to do that. For these pools, can I therefore assume it's the non-registration model that just uses your wallet address to both track your rewards and paste into the code of the miner?  I think Ethermine is the same like this... just want to make sure I dont need to register on the pool.

2- I have an AEON wallet on Bittrex but of course that has been down for what seems like forever. So. I rezlized I need to create a new wallet somehow. I found the win64 AEON ZIP v0.9.12 off the official site and unpacked it.  I ran the aeond.exe and it just now completed synchronizing after a little under 2 hours.

From here, I understand I need to run the simplewallet.exe to set up my wallet.

3- After I get that address, I should be able to configure a miner, correct?

I have downloaded wolf GPU AEON miner .2 from github and unzipped it. This is quite a bit different from recent Claymore miners but this is what I THINK needs to be done to configure for AEON mining:

- open aeon.conf file in text editor
- replace "url" with:  stratum+tcp://aeon.sumominer.com:3335
- replace "user" address with my own wallet address created above
- save and exit config file
- run miner.exe

so... are those steps correct?  is there anything else that needs to be done in that config file?

OK... so I just tried all of the above but it doesn't work. When I try to launch the miner.exe, it looks like very brief flash of window pops up but then disappears. I also trying running as Admin. This is a rig that I have been mining ETH & XMR on, so there should be no interference from things like virus software. Windows defender is the only thing on their but that has always come up with a prompt well after a new miner has been launched.

Clearly I have missed some critical piece but not sure what it is.  Do I need to enter other things into that config file like Algo, Pool, etc?

One thing I just thought of... I ran that aeonD blockchain sync on a different PC than the one I am trying to run the miner on.  Do I need to do that sync on each PC that I intend to mine on?  If so, does it need to keep running while miner is going or can it be exited after initially synced?

Try using the miner and steps shown in this thread.  I haven't used Wolf's miner, but I think it's similar. Or you could just use this one: https://github.com/shyba/aeon-stak-amd

It's a bit different, but if you check the readme and instructions it's not to bad to set up.

Thanks Elder... I went to the GitHub link you provided and downloaded the entire contents as a ZIP file.  I unpacked it and read the readme and opened the config.text file.  However, the 2nd step after updating config file with personal info is to launch the executable, but I checked everywhere and there is no .exe included in this zip.  A quick check of the actual github page also does not show any .exe file, so I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do here.

Can you elaborate on the "miner and steps shown in this thread" comment?  Are you talking about the mining from wallet option on the initial post or some other option?

I believe you need to compile it for Windows to have the .exe show up..... Arux posted a compiled version about halfway down this page of this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.msg18761705#msg18761705 --- if that doesn't work let me know and I can upload the one I've been using for awhile now.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:56:03 PM

Maintenance update release (0.9.13.0) and development update

Windows binaries have been added.
Windows binaries (md5 checksum)

aeond.exe (2c6a896c3f4fdf778d51a91c9768ca01)
simplewallet.exe (be00bfafad1f7bb2e2381df0db47b4d6)

Here are some comments from Arux about the new binaries:
win64 binaries 0.9.13.0:
sync OK (no need to sync from scratch, 0.9.12.0 blockchain is compatible), wallet OK (no need to rescan a 0.9.12.0 wallet), transfer OK.
Arux

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:03:46 PM

win64 binaries 0.9.13.0:
sync OK (no need to sync from scratch, 0.9.12.0 blockchain is compatible), wallet OK (no need to rescan a 0.9.12.0 wallet), transfer OK.
I forgot to mention boost version is 1.64

qwep1

Activity: 610
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:28:22 PM

win64 binaries 0.9.13.0:
When you start on the wallet bittrex

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  -  Masternodes  -  Obfuscation

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
wolf64

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:05:38 PM

I'm not a coder, so didn't ever try to compile the shyba fork after I found https://github.com/Arux-BTT/aeon-stak-amd/releases. Not sure whether there is any difference. There was some comment about AMD drivers that put me off trying to compile it myself.
Since I didn't find a compiled version for CPU, I followed these absolutely perfect instructions https://github.com/shyba/aeon-stak-cpu/blob/master/WINCOMPILE.md.

Personal observations on my absolute low-end machine, Win7/x64:
aeon-stak-amd (Arux), single 7870@GPU1GHz/M1.2GHz, 2GB, 660H/s
aeon-stak-cpu (shyba), I7-2600k@3.4GH, with memory locking 800H/s, without 650H/s. So memory locking is essential. Details in config.txt.

The above result was quite amazing considering that on various other cryptoNight miners I achieve about double the hash rate (440H/s, claymore_cryptonight) on GPU compared to CPU (200+H/s, xmr-stak-cpu).
Alley Volta

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 09:09:42 PM

This does NOT change things. And I do own AEONS !
daberti = sanitariu ? I feel like I just heard your rant over on Git. Is your only stake in this coin as a trading vessel? There may be better options for you other than a lightweight anonymized variant of an already established idea, platform, and developer. You can see there is a core community here right?

daberti is daberti. Granted. And can you see that I gave my contribute here with a compiling guide mentioned by Arux? Steer away from me, with given respect.

Said that, as I'm an owner of AEON coins I'd really hope it will stay at high 70k Sat levels....yet it is very strange it is in excess of 74K at trex and 61k at the other Exchange.

I think a lot of folks here have Aeons including myself. Someone literally went into the same gripe about Bittrex on Git not more than a few days ago. Same tone, same vocabulary and grammar, same idea. I give respect where respect is due but telling me to 'Steer away' is  Cheesy  for a compilation guide. Probably won't stop all the Trex conspiracy theories... back and to the left!
canibalgb

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

Beam me up!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:10:28 PM

1. Please consider using a smaller pool to spread the hash rate around or use the stratum proxy if you enough hash rate to solo mine. As long as you can get blocks 'regularly' (whatever that  means to you), you don't need to swarm onto the same pool as everyone else. A healthier mining network that is decentralized will improve confidence in the coin.

Please could you indicate a (1)good miner for win10, and a (2)good pool?

I think I finally found the answers:

(1) https://ci.appveyor.com/project/shyba/xmr-stak-cpu/build/1.2.3-4/artifacts

(2) https://minergate.com

Thx.

Please try to use something other than minergate. This is the list of reputable pools:
http://aeonpools.net/

I'm having a hard time for getting a wallet and having an address. But I'm trying this.  Shocked
Elder III

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:37:12 PM

I'm not a coder, so didn't ever try to compile the shyba fork after I found https://github.com/Arux-BTT/aeon-stak-amd/releases. Not sure whether there is any difference. There was some comment about AMD drivers that put me off trying to compile it myself.
Since I didn't find a compiled version for CPU, I followed these absolutely perfect instructions https://github.com/shyba/aeon-stak-cpu/blob/master/WINCOMPILE.md.

Personal observations on my absolute low-end machine, Win7/x64:
aeon-stak-amd (Arux), single 7870@GPU1GHz/M1.2GHz, 2GB, 660H/s
aeon-stak-cpu (shyba), I7-2600k@3.4GH, with memory locking 800H/s, without 650H/s. So memory locking is essential. Details in config.txt.

The above result was quite amazing considering that on various other cryptoNight miners I achieve about double the hash rate (440H/s, claymore_cryptonight) on GPU compared to CPU (200+H/s, xmr-stak-cpu).

Aeon is one of the only coins I've found with both CPU and GPU mining possible where a good CPU beats current generation GPUs. It's pretty easy on the GPU though, low power consumption and temps, so with current prices it's worth GPU mining right now.
daberti

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:45:14 PM

win64 binaries 0.9.13.0:

Thanks 👌🏻👍🏻
canibalgb

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

Beam me up!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:06:58 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 10:19:00 PM by canibalgb

Roadmap
April 26, 2015 - new roadmap announced
Mobile-friendly PoW and block time (released)
GUI wallet (in progress)
32-bit and ARM support (released, but requires low memory footprint below)
Low memory footprint (in progress)
Signature trimming
Blockchain pruning (test release available)
Multisig and payment channels (instant payments)

Will it be ready soon?

* Difficult to find the way to the moon, without this tool!
daberti

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:33:11 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 12:13:54 AM by daberti

I think a lot of folks here have Aeons including myself. Someone literally went into the same gripe about Bittrex on Git not more than a few days ago. Same tone, same vocabulary and grammar, same idea. I give respect where respect is due but telling me to 'Steer away' is  Cheesy  for a compilation guide. Probably won't stop all the Trex conspiracy theories... back and to the left!

Dear mate (not polemizing, believe me), now on trex is on 54.7K Sat and heavily waving.

Elaborating a bit more my ideas when you see as today was seen RSI value at 93% (1 day resolution) you should know that a coin is overbought by at least 13%.
When you see an EMA 50 days, 1day resolution, starting a typical exponential slope you should know that something is going wrong. Even more wrong if it is an anonym coin.
As I'm writing, always at trex, with 5 minutes resolution, MACD (12,26,9) is well below 0; same for 15 minutes resolution and 30' one. This underlines a confirmed short period dipping thread , which was just expected by who is writing. Bid and Ask  have a greater spread, so the equilibrium phase is far from being reached.

Let's add something to the mix: how is it behaving XMR in total BTC equivalent exchanges if compared vs AEON? Badly indeed. As I'm writing AEON shows >1407 BTC and XMR >266 BTC . Always according to trex.

Now, what it is (has been) happening it is quite clear to me  Cool

altcoins.pw

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:11:14 AM

How can I withdraw aeon with poloniex?
I have 890 AEON
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmdqa65p6ug1ude/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202017-10-02%2003.07.11.png
But I can not withdraw for 2 months?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/km1ghw7wnby0yr7/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202017-10-02%2003.08.45.png
Support is not responding 47 days
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdx948kmxgwc7g1/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202017-10-02%2003.09.43.png
Elder III

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:43:04 AM

I don't think Poloniex has supported AEON for a long long time now.  Maybe someone who has dealt with them can help you, but I think those coins may be lost forever. Sad
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:23:44 AM

win64 binaries 0.9.13.0:

Thank you. This will make life easier for us. Compiling sources in Windows is harder than doing it in Linux because more errors appear and there are more incompatibilities.

I also want to ask, if Aeon's volume stays this high, will there be a chance that it will be back trading in Poloniex?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Alley Volta

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 03:42:57 AM

I think a lot of folks here have Aeons including myself. Someone literally went into the same gripe about Bittrex on Git not more than a few days ago. Same tone, same vocabulary and grammar, same idea. I give respect where respect is due but telling me to 'Steer away' is  Cheesy  for a compilation guide. Probably won't stop all the Trex conspiracy theories... back and to the left!

Dear mate (not polemizing, believe me), now on trex is on 54.7K Sat and heavily waving.

Elaborating a bit more my ideas when you see as today was seen RSI value at 93% (1 day resolution) you should know that a coin is overbought by at least 13%.
When you see an EMA 50 days, 1day resolution, starting a typical exponential slope you should know that something is going wrong. Even more wrong if it is an anonym coin.
As I'm writing, always at trex, with 5 minutes resolution, MACD (12,26,9) is well below 0; same for 15 minutes resolution and 30' one. This underlines a confirmed short period dipping thread , which was just expected by who is writing. Bid and Ask  have a greater spread, so the equilibrium phase is far from being reached.

Let's add something to the mix: how is it behaving XMR in total BTC equivalent exchanges if compared vs AEON? Badly indeed. As I'm writing AEON shows >1407 BTC and XMR >266 BTC . Always according to trex.

Now, what it is (has been) happening it is quite clear to me  Cool

I'm happy you got that under control mate   Wink   You're looking in all the right places for the values to back up your supposition, even now there is data being created to fit your model... you just need to find it sweetheart.   Kiss
BTC4QB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Aliens are real!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:53:13 AM

Is this just a 'pump and dump' story again and again? nothing much to look, it will be back 19k and sideway 4ever ...ever again. Lips sealed
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: