Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701043 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 05:12:23 AM

He did it again  Wink
Patrik, updated 30 miners conf file… still 30 to go…
Leave at least one so you can try the feature in next release that will setup the Antminer API automatically.  Wink

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:35:03 PM

He did it again  Wink
Patrik, updated 30 miners conf file… still 30 to go…
Leave at least one so you can try the feature in next release that will setup the Antminer API automatically.  Wink

Will do  Wink

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 05:26:39 PM

Awesome Miner v1.7.5 has just been released.

You can now configure Antminer API access (privileged mode) from Awesome Miner. There are also improvements to the feature to change Antminer frequency.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 06:41:27 PM

Awesome Patrik, will try it out ASAP  Wink

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
guabina

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 10:29:43 PM

You can now configure Antminer API access (privileged mode) from Awesome Miner. There are also improvements to the feature to change Antminer frequency.
´´

I just bought the professional version of the software to enable API privileges and does not work.

https://s31.postimg.org/3zp3r1ghn/API.png
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 05:00:23 AM

´´

I just bought the professional version of the software to enable API privileges and does not work.
Could you please send me the Awesome Miner log file to info[at]awesomeminer.com? You will find it in the toolbar: Tools -> Log File. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:56:20 PM

Can anyone help me out?
Some of my miners have restricted api access and others have privileged. I've followed these instructions "Awesome Miner will automatically configure the Managed Miners to use Privileged mode by default. These settings can be changed from the Advanced section of the miner properties in the Awesome Miner Options dialog." But I can't see where to change it?
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:14:05 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 07:33:44 PM by wmabern

HI,
I've got the professional version. Right now it is at version 1.7.4. I have tried 4 or 5 times to get it to update to 1.7.5. It goes through the motions, but always comes back with the old version. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Smiley

I tried to update on 2 different laptops.

*** Never mind, it finally updated. (I should add I have only been able to get it to update on one laptop.) Still trying to get it to work.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 08:09:06 PM

Can anyone help me out?
Some of my miners have restricted api access and others have privileged. I've followed these instructions "Awesome Miner will automatically configure the Managed Miners to use Privileged mode by default. These settings can be changed from the Advanced section of the miner properties in the Awesome Miner Options dialog." But I can't see where to change it?

Those instructions are related to Managed Mining, and doesn't apply for External Miner feature that is used to monitor ASIC miners.

Are you using Antminer? S7 or S9 maybe?

Just a minute ago, I released Awesome Miner v1.7.6 with some corrections to the API Access feature where Awesome Miner can connect to S7 or S9 and enable Privileged mode.
The feature is available in the toolbar: Tools->Antminer ->Configure API access
I will write a guide for this on the web site, hopefully it will be finished tomorrow.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 08:12:56 PM

HI,
I've got the professional version. Right now it is at version 1.7.4. I have tried 4 or 5 times to get it to update to 1.7.5. It goes through the motions, but always comes back with the old version. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Smiley

I tried to update on 2 different laptops.

*** Never mind, it finally updated. (I should add I have only been able to get it to update on one laptop.) Still trying to get it to work.
If an application isn't installing/upgrading properly, it's often a good idea to first make sure to uninstall it (if already installed) from Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Next step is to reboot the computer. Then you can try to make a fresh installation again.

In 99% of the cases all installers works fine the first time without any reboots or problems. However, every once in a while, especially when there are pending Windows Update installations that are waiting for the next reboot, Windows can prevent installers from executing properly. This is why a reboot can solve the problem by letting Windows Update finish.

I'm not sure if the above is the case for you, but at least it should be worth a try.

Sierra8561

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:18:31 PM

Can anyone help me out?

Those instructions are related to Managed Mining, and doesn't apply for External Miner feature that is used to monitor ASIC miners.

Just a minute ago, I released Awesome Miner v1.7.6 with some corrections to the API Access feature where Awesome Miner can connect to S7 or S9 and enable Privileged mode.
I will write a guide for this on the web site, hopefully it will be finished tomorrow.

I have both s7's and s9's. I'll update it and see how it works. Thanks
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:34:14 PM

replied to patrike here :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1550796.msg15833332#msg15833332

after S9 reboots, it's restricted again, have to re-enable/reflash/mod.

after updating, the freq change is no more for free editions Sad sob sob
Sierra8561

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:45:04 PM

Thanks Patrik, everything is working flawlessly. Your software lives up to its name AWESOME.
Sierra8561

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:48:01 PM

Can anyone help me out?

That worked great, thank you
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 07:21:05 PM

replied to patrike here :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1550796.msg15833332#msg15833332

after S9 reboots, it's restricted again, have to re-enable/reflash/mod.
I've just implemented a feature in Awesome Miner that can fix the API privileges automatically. Awesome Miner will be able to detect S7 and S9 miners in Restricted API mode, and simply reconfigure them over SSH to Privileged API mode. It will look like pure magic in action. You will be able to reboot, reflash, reset configuration, add new miners and Awesome Miner will sort it out.

This feature will of course not be enabled by default, but it will be possible to configure this behavior in the Options dialog.

wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:26:23 PM

Very nice. It's great to see you constantly pushing out improvements and new features! Keep up the great work! Smiley

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 09:24:08 PM

Future versions of Awesome Miner - please leave feedback

I receive many good feature suggestions from users of Awesome Miner. I take note of all feature requests and the most popular and realistic requests are implemented first. Features that can be used by many users are of course prioritized.

There are four large concepts that I would like to receive feedback on. Would you use any of these features if they are introduced in future versions of Awesome Miner? Which one is most important?

Feature #1 - Public cloud service for monitoring

Today
Today Awesome Miner has a built in web interface that can be used for monitoring and perform the most common operations. The web engine is running inside Awesome Miner, and can be accessed from any computer / tablet / phone on the local network. However, in order to access it outside the local network, you need to configure your firewall for port forwarding.

Future?
Awesome Miner could push all statistics to a public cloud service, providing a web interface that can be accessed from any Internet connected device (computer / tablet / phone). Of course you need to enter you username and password in order to get access to the information.

Optionally, this could also be enabled:
- Allow certain operations to be performed from the public web (like switching between the predefined pools, change pool priority, reboot, ...)
- Allow you to create guest accounts for your mining friends, and give them a monitoring view of only a selected group of miner

A cloud service like this would not be for free, and could for example require you to have one of the following: 1) A yearly subscription or 2) Enterprice Edition or above.

The cloud web is not a replacement for the existing Awesome Miner application, it's just an addon like the current built-in web is. The amount of features will initially be mainly about monitoring, and not for configuring the system.

I've started a proof-of-concept implementation of this a year ago, but the development was put on hold as it will require a significant effort to complete, and I would like to know how many that would actually use a feature like this. I've seen a few "cloud based mining monitoring" projects being introduced in the past, but they have closed down after a while.

Feature #2 - Multiple users and improved management
Any user with access to your computer and Windows account can play around with Awesome Miner. To make it work better in multi user environment, the following could be implemented:
- Require password to open the Main window and Options dialog of Awesome Miner
- Make it possible to define multiple user accounts for the built-in web. Give access to only specific operations or miners for those user accounts
- Maybe support for connecting the Awesome Miner UI to Awesome Miner on another system to manage it

Feature #3 - Linux support for Managed miners
There are no plans to run the entire Awesome Miner UI on Linux and it's important to point out that Awesome Miner can already today connect to the API of Linux based miners using the External Miner feature.

The new feature would instead be to develop a Linux based version of the Remote Agent used for Managed miners. This would give Awesome Miner full control of the mining, and provide features like start mining, stop mining and process monitoring.

Feature #4 - "App Store" concept: Share pool settings, rules and scripts
Awesome Miner also have the feature to import and export entities like pools, rules and scripts. To take this to the next level, an "App Store" concept could be introduced where users can upload pool settings and scripts to a public service, and all other users of Awesome Miner could browse, read the description and install these entities on their system. A user could then for example import the Bitcoin pool BTCC and only have to enter a worker name.

The main concern here is security. For pools it would probably be fine, but importing scripts from someone else is not good from security point of view. Then a review concept would be required first.

Because of the security concern, this feature may not be realtistic - but hopefully it can trigger some other innovative ideas for future development.

Please let me know your comments on the above, and also let me know if there are any other areas where you think Awesome Miner could expand.

psiko33

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:49:15 PM

Future versions of Awesome Miner - please leave feedback

I receive many good feature suggestions from users of Awesome Miner. I take note of all feature requests and the most popular and realistic requests are implemented first. Features that can be used by many users are of course prioritized.

There are four large concepts that I would like to receive feedback on. Would you use any of these features if they are introduced in future versions of Awesome Miner? Which one is most important?

Feature #1 - Public cloud service for monitoring

Today
Today Awesome Miner has a built in web interface that can be used for monitoring and perform the most common operations. The web engine is running inside Awesome Miner, and can be accessed from any computer / tablet / phone on the local network. However, in order to access it outside the local network, you need to configure your firewall for port forwarding.

http://www.awesomeminer.com/img/link/design01.png

Future?
Awesome Miner could push all statistics to a public cloud service, providing a web interface that can be accessed from any Internet connected device (computer / tablet / phone). Of course you need to enter you username and password in order to get access to the information.

Optionally, this could also be enabled:
- Allow certain operations to be performed from the public web (like switching between the predefined pools, change pool priority, reboot, ...)
- Allow you to create guest accounts for your mining friends, and give them a monitoring view of only a selected group of miner

A cloud service like this would not be for free, and could for example require you to have one of the following: 1) A yearly subscription or 2) Enterprice Edition or above.

The cloud web is not a replacement for the existing Awesome Miner application, it's just an addon like the current built-in web is. The amount of features will initially be mainly about monitoring, and not for configuring the system.

I've started a proof-of-concept implementation of this a year ago, but the development was put on hold as it will require a significant effort to complete, and I would like to know how many that would actually use a feature like this. I've seen a few "cloud based mining monitoring" projects being introduced in the past, but they have closed down after a while.

http://www.awesomeminer.com/img/link/design02.png

Feature #2 - Multiple users and improved management
Any user with access to your computer and Windows account can play around with Awesome Miner. To make it work better in multi user environment, the following could be implemented:
- Require password to open the Main window and Options dialog of Awesome Miner
- Make it possible to define multiple user accounts for the built-in web. Give access to only specific operations or miners for those user accounts
- Maybe support for connecting the Awesome Miner UI to Awesome Miner on another system to manage it

Feature #3 - Linux support for Managed miners
There are no plans to run the entire Awesome Miner UI on Linux and it's important to point out that Awesome Miner can already today connect to the API of Linux based miners using the External Miner feature.

The new feature would instead be to develop a Linux based version of the Remote Agent used for Managed miners. This would give Awesome Miner full control of the mining, and provide features like start mining, stop mining and process monitoring.

Feature #4 - "App Store" concept: Share pool settings, rules and scripts
Awesome Miner also have the feature to import and export entities like pools, rules and scripts. To take this to the next level, an "App Store" concept could be introduced where users can upload pool settings and scripts to a public service, and all other users of Awesome Miner could browse, read the description and install these entities on their system. A user could then for example import the Bitcoin pool BTCC and only have to enter a worker name.

The main concern here is security. For pools it would probably be fine, but importing scripts from someone else is not good from security point of view. Then a review concept would be required first.

Because of the security concern, this feature may not be realtistic - but hopefully it can trigger some other innovative ideas for future development.

Please let me know your comments on the above, and also let me know if there are any other areas where you think Awesome Miner could expand.

awesome can't wait !!!!!
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:01:42 PM

hum..
could be nice!
but you need "Cloud" layer who is not free.
I hope you will give it as "option" and leave the price of software as is.

Wink Wink Wink

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 06:46:40 PM

Hi Patrike,
Great continuing work on AM. I like the idea of an "app store" where people could share their setups and tips/tricks and simple scripts.

I have a question that is not really a request or something 'needed". But for convenience and ease of use /eye strain, is there a way to increase font size on the updatable fields for us old folks with older eyes?

Second, in the Customize Progress Field / Define Custom Expressions (list), I have - "Best Share: " + status.BestShare - in line #2. I know this is pretty trivial, but is there any way to add commas to this (and other fields perhaps) to make the numbers easier to read?

Rather than 6745637465317, it would be easier to read 6,745,637,465,317.

I guess if I had to choose between the two "wishes", I would like to increase certain font sizes to make reading a little easier. But both would be cool.

If either of those features are available already, sorry, but I have not read the manual that thoroughly. Smiley

Thanks for all you do! Smiley

I've got something else I want to ask about, but I'll leave that for another day.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: