Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:45:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701023 times)
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 12:28:11 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has ran across the following when GPU mining with RX 480's with Awesome Miner:

All of my R9 Fury rigs and R9 380 rigs have no problem displaying the GPU temps, hash rate, etc...  You will notice in the following image link that I have Rig #17 highlighted in grey up top and in the window at the bottom you see each GPU with their Fan speed percentage, Temperature, etc... Which see:

[Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 7.08.58 AM (3).png](https://postimg.org/image/5ntc1y0o3/)

In this next screen shot, you will see I have Rig #14 high lighted.  Yet, it does not display the temperature of Rig #14 in the top window like the other Rigs and it does not display the GPU's in the bottom window with their fan speed, hash rate, temperature, etc... Which see:

[Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 7.20.56 AM (3).png](https://postimg.org/image/tkcpgb9lx/)

Rig 14 is a rig made up of 6 x RX 480's.  I have two more rigs of RX 480's I'm in the process of putting together.  I'm just wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong that is keeping the temps from posting in Awesome miner as well as keeping the GPU's from being listed in Awesome miner?

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:  I have been up the entire night.  It is now 7:27am CST.  I may be sleeping when someone answers this post.  Please be patient for me wake up later to view any replies to my post.

Thanks in advance...

David

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 07:58:56 PM

Agreed.  My thoughts on it are simply this.  If you're going to have a program that is dedicated to mining, then you should have the option to mine anything with whatever is at your disposal.  Asic, GPU, CPU, FPGA, etc...  To see that show up in Awesome Miner would be all the conviction I'd need to make a purchase.  As it is, I'm using Miner Control for CPU / GPU mining and while it does a great job, I'd much rather centralize it all in a single App.  If Awesome Miner does this, then that's the goto app for me.  Smiley
First about your initial question about Zpool. It should work with Awesome Miner. On their web site I can see the following instructions:
stratum+tcp://<algo>.mine.zpool.ca:<PORT> -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> [-p <OPTIONS>]

In Awesome Miner this should be added as a Pool with the following settings, where I will use X11 algorithm as an example:
Server URL: stratum+tcp://x11.mine.zpool.ca:3533
Worker name: (your bitcoin wallet address)

Auto profit switching is not supported for Zpool. I couldn't find an API on their web site, which would be required in order for Awesome Miner to support it.

To answer your question about ASIC / GPU and so on. Awesome Miner doesn't care too much about this as long as you use it together with a Cgminer style miner API (or Sgminer, Claymore's Ethereum, ccMiner). You can for sure connect to many different systems and get a good overview of the mining from a single user interface.

Please try the free version of Awesome Miner to see if it works well for the features you are looking for.

Alright, so at the risk of seeming a bit dense, say I wanted to mine yescrypt on Zpool using CPU.  How would I go about setting that part up?
I have ASIC's running there and it does well so I got that part figured out and I'm fairly certain I can get the GPU portion of it working but the CPU has me stumped.

Hi,
I've actually never tried CPU mining with Awesome Miner. Which CPU mining software are you using? Some of them have cgminer like API's that can be enabled that Awesome Miner can connect to.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 08:03:34 PM

I'm curious if anyone has ran across the following when GPU mining with RX 480's with Awesome Miner:

All of my R9 Fury rigs and R9 380 rigs have no problem displaying the GPU temps, hash rate, etc...  You will notice in the following image link that I have Rig #17 highlighted in grey up top and in the window at the bottom you see each GPU with their Fan speed percentage, Temperature, etc... Which see:

[Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 7.08.58 AM (3).png](https://postimg.org/image/5ntc1y0o3/)

In this next screen shot, you will see I have Rig #14 high lighted.  Yet, it does not display the temperature of Rig #14 in the top window like the other Rigs and it does not display the GPU's in the bottom window with their fan speed, hash rate, temperature, etc... Which see:

[Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 7.20.56 AM (3).png](https://postimg.org/image/tkcpgb9lx/)

Rig 14 is a rig made up of 6 x RX 480's.  I have two more rigs of RX 480's I'm in the process of putting together.  I'm just wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong that is keeping the temps from posting in Awesome miner as well as keeping the GPU's from being listed in Awesome miner?

Any help would be appreciated.
I would like to see what Claymore's Etheruem miner is reporting over the API on Rig 14 compared to one of the other. Could you please generate an API report for Rig 14 and Rig 1 for example? You find this feature in the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. Please send the information via PM or by e-mail to info[at]awesomeminer.com
Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
Percivul

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:15:50 PM

Agreed.  My thoughts on it are simply this.  If you're going to have a program that is dedicated to mining, then you should have the option to mine anything with whatever is at your disposal.  Asic, GPU, CPU, FPGA, etc...  To see that show up in Awesome Miner would be all the conviction I'd need to make a purchase.  As it is, I'm using Miner Control for CPU / GPU mining and while it does a great job, I'd much rather centralize it all in a single App.  If Awesome Miner does this, then that's the goto app for me.  Smiley
First about your initial question about Zpool. It should work with Awesome Miner. On their web site I can see the following instructions:

In Awesome Miner this should be added as a Pool with the following settings, where I will use X11 algorithm as an example:

Auto profit switching is not supported for Zpool. I couldn't find an API on their web site, which would be required in order for Awesome Miner to support it.

To answer your question about ASIC / GPU and so on. Awesome Miner doesn't care too much about this as long as you use it together with a Cgminer style miner API (or Sgminer, Claymore's Ethereum, ccMiner). You can for sure connect to many different systems and get a good overview of the mining from a single user interface.

Please try the free version of Awesome Miner to see if it works well for the features you are looking for.

Alright, so at the risk of seeming a bit dense, say I wanted to mine yescrypt on Zpool using CPU.  How would I go about setting that part up?
I have ASIC's running there and it does well so I got that part figured out and I'm fairly certain I can get the GPU portion of it working but the CPU has me stumped.

Hi,
I've actually never tried CPU mining with Awesome Miner. Which CPU mining software are you using? Some of them have cgminer like API's that can be enabled that Awesome Miner can connect to.

I typically use CPUMiner-opt 3.3.8.  It handles most of the algos out there and a handful of them will actually turn a profit.  I never though that CPU mining should be completely ignored as it does have alt-coins that are still worth mining, even with electric included.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:37:22 AM

there is an API reference to scripting and manage Ant miner S9??
thanx

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:31:01 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2016, 05:14:48 AM by dmwardjr

I would like to see what Claymore's Etheruem miner is reporting over the API on Rig 14 compared to one of the other. Could you please generate an API report for Rig 14 and Rig 1 for example? You find this feature in the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. Please send the information via PM or by e-mail to info[at]awesomeminer.com
Thanks!

Hi patrike,

Thanks for the quick reply!  My apologies for the delay.  I've been setting up more rigs.  I still have the following rigs remaining to build (set up): 6 more rigs made up of  6 x Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury's in each rig, two more rigs made up of 6 x R9 390's in each rig and one more rig made up of 6 x RX 480's.  I've been going on approximately 5 to 6 hours sleep each day for the past 4 days.  

It's more important for me at the moment to get all the rigs going first before I begin trouble shooting technical issues.  I will get back with you on the API Report after I've set up the remaining rigs.

Cheers,

David

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 06:55:43 PM

thanx
Not at the moment. Do you want to develop your own external application and connect to a REST API provided by Awesome Miner?
Awesome Miner also has a built in C# scripting feature, but this is not what you are looking for I assume?

This is something I've had plans for, so is there is an interest in providing this, it could be added.

unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:11:09 PM

thanx
Not at the moment. Do you want to develop your own external application and connect to a REST API provided by Awesome Miner?
Awesome Miner also has a built in C# scripting feature, but this is not what you are looking for I assume?

This is something I've had plans for, so is there is an interest in providing this, it could be added.

just to know...
Awesome Miner built in C# scripting feature,
can read a txt file from a folder in my intranet,
elab it...
and then modify frequency of my miners??

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 09:15:34 PM

thanx

just to know...
elab it...
The C# scripting feature don't have access to the Antminer Frequency command in the current version. However, I just added support for it, so in next version (that will be available quite soon) you will be able to write scripts like the following:

Code:
IMinerBase miner = Context.Miner.GetByName("Antminer S9 #1");
Context.Miner.AntminerSetFrequency(miner, "root", "admin", 675);

You can of course access all C#/.NET features like reading from file in these scripts, so the value "675" in the example could be read from a file.

I will also update the documentation for the C# scripting API when the new version is available (not yet):
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/script.aspx

fvineyard

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:10:21 AM

I would be interested in testing a development version that has fan control in addition to frequency control.

That would be handy in summer months to change settings at night when my ambient temps are lower.
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 06:59:14 AM

thanx

just to know...
elab it...
The C# scripting feature don't have access to the Antminer Frequency command in the current version. However, I just added support for it, so in next version (that will be available quite soon) you will be able to write scripts like the following:

Code:
IMinerBase miner = Context.Miner.GetByName("Antminer S9 #1");
Context.Miner.AntminerSetFrequency(miner, "root", "admin", 675);

You can of course access all C#/.NET features like reading from file in these scripts, so the value "675" in the example could be read from a file.

I will also update the documentation for the C# scripting API when the new version is available (not yet):
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/script.aspx

i'm searching for a set up who can read current output Kw production from photovoltaic plant and setting up/shutdown S9 miners.
this is what i'm searching for.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 05:23:32 PM

I would be interested in testing a development version that has fan control in addition to frequency control.

That would be handy in summer months to change settings at night when my ambient temps are lower.

You can try the feature in the development version 1.7.8. You can enable download of development versions in Options -> "Check for development versions". Then you close the Options dialog and go to Menu -> "Check for updates".

You will find the Antminer Fan settings next to the existing Antminer frequency settings (In toolbar: Tools -> Antminer).

I'm still not sure if the Fan feature actually is working on all Antminers. If you experience any problems, set the fan speed back to Default, and Awesome Miner will revert all changes.
I did have one user that couldn't get this feature to work, but I don't have all details on that case yet.
Please share any findings on this.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 06:31:52 PM

You can see the api info here:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/api

And the actual API json is outputted here:

http://www.zpool.ca/api/status

Not sure if the format/content is what's needed but there you have it Smiley

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
JarBinks

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 07:40:26 PM

Agreed.  My thoughts on it are simply this.  If you're going to have a program that is dedicated to mining, then you should have the option to mine anything with whatever is at your disposal.  Asic, GPU, CPU, FPGA, etc...  To see that show up in Awesome Miner would be all the conviction I'd need to make a purchase.  As it is, I'm using Miner Control for CPU / GPU mining and while it does a great job, I'd much rather centralize it all in a single App.  If Awesome Miner does this, then that's the goto app for me.  Smiley

Cheers!

To make it a little more appealing, maybe, zpool uses the standard YiiMP Pool API.
So by doing it once you will gain any pool using the standard YiiMP API.
I am using the same API with multiple pools from a .net app.  Works peachily.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 08:35:22 PM

Cheers!

To make it a little more appealing, maybe, zpool uses the standard YiiMP Pool API.
So by doing it once you will gain any pool using the standard YiiMP API.
I am using the same API with multiple pools from a .net app.  Works peachily.

Thanks for providing this input. I will implement support for this in Awesome Miner.

Shivoreun

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 03:35:54 PM

Trying to mine with awesome miner, and get some very strange result Undecided
My coin is DMD. Miner is sgminer 5.4.0-nicehash-1 (also tried a nicehash-39) and the problem is, that there is only rejects on any pool Sad I'am suspecting, that something wrong in the --kernel parameter, it's should be "--kernel diamond", but looks like that Awesome Miner ignoring it. I've already tried to put it as an option in Miner Properties->Advanced and tried to put the --kernel diamond into miner commandline parameters (Miner Properties->Command Line), but still rejects only. Tried to put the whole miner commandline
Code:
--kernel diamond --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --auto-fan --auto-gpu --gpu-fan 75-100,75-100 --temp-target 72,72 --temp-overheat 81,81 -I20,20 -w 256,256 -g 1,1 --gpu-engine 1075,1200 --gpu-memclock 150,150 --lookup-gap 2,2 --gpu-powertune 22,22 -o stratum+tcp://dmdpool.digsys.bg:3333 -u <myusernamehere> -p <mypasshere> -o stratum+tcp://eu.miningfield.com:3378 -u <myusernamehere> -p <mypasshere>
but no effect Sad
If I will run the sgminer via CMD with this commandline - all is OK, pools are accepting shares.
What's I did wrong with Awesome Miner?..

P.S. Sorry for errors in English - it's not my native language...
Percivul

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:51:36 PM

Hey Patrike, I was curious if you'd have a moment to respond to my question from last week?  About setting up a CPU Miner in Awesome Miner or if it doesn't support that?

Thanks
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:55:03 PM

I am having difficulty getting the mobile web browser working. I've got the port forwarded and it works on the PC that is running awesome miner. But I'm unable to get anything on my phone? Any suggestions would be great.
fvineyard

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:28:13 AM

You can try the feature in the development version 1.7.8. You can enable download of development versions in Options -> "Check for development versions". Then you close the Options dialog and go to Menu -> "Check for updates".

You will find the Antminer Fan settings next to the existing Antminer frequency settings (In toolbar: Tools -> Antminer).

I'm still not sure if the Fan feature actually is working on all Antminers. If you experience any problems, set the fan speed back to Default, and Awesome Miner will revert all changes.
I did have one user that couldn't get this feature to work, but I don't have all details on that case yet.

When I tried the fan settings on my S9 it wiped all the settings and I was unable to restore to defaults from within Awesome Miner. The miner appeared offline to Awesome Miner, but I still had access via the web interface which showed all settings as blank even after a reboot. I had to perform a reset on the miner and re-enter all settings.

Speed settings seemed fine though.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 07:44:11 AM

When I tried the fan settings on my S9 it wiped all the settings and I was unable to restore to defaults from within Awesome Miner. The miner appeared offline to Awesome Miner, but I still had access via the web interface which showed all settings as blank even after a reboot. I had to perform a reset on the miner and re-enter all settings.

Speed settings seemed fine though.
Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the inconvenience. Setting back to Default should have worked in the latest development release, but it doesn't look that there is a way to get the Antminers to react on fan speed settings.

What Awesome Miner was trying to do was to set the following in /config/cgminer.conf (or bmminer.conf on S9):
"bitmain-fan-ctrl" : true,
"bitmain-fan-pwm" : "80",

From the information I could find on the web, it looked like it was supported on Antminers - at least in the past. Maybe it's no longer supported, and then this cannot be supported from Awesome Miner.
If anyone want to experiment with the two settings above, feel free to do that. It might be that only the pwm-setting should be set.

The fan setting in Awesome Miner was only available in the latest development releases, and it will be removed. I do hope that we can figure out a way to control this in the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: