Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 12:13:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701594 times)
tamerdagli

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:02:29 PM

I got a request not sure if you will do it but think about it .

Sense the DEV of afterburner said he won't support anything over 8GPUs and calls mining crazyness . lol

which isn't any more.

is there a way you can link AM to use other OC clocking software or come up with something built into awesome like ab and the AB Server . it might benefit you better in the long run .

I'll even pay extra for it , if needed ... as a bought add on with a one time charge Smiley .

same here
sans

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:07:48 PM

granatgas is down,nicehash is down,zpool send change MH to GH in keccak - what about profit switcher more custome. how about script/config for parsing custom pools?!
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:00:32 PM

Sense the DEV of afterburner said he won't support anything over 8GPUs and calls mining crazyness . lol

There is nothing to stop you using much more than 8 GPUs in afterburner and it will work fine.  The limit is on what is switchable from the main interface (limited to 8 ).  To adjust the 9th and over GPU, just go into settings and select it there.  Also if you synchronise your GPUs it will adjust all, including the 9th etc.
Dalba

Activity: 92

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:28:02 PM

keccak is changed it to match the other blake/sha algos with BTC per GH instead of MH.

https://github.com/tpruvot/yiimp/commit/6b6866048e2e5a1ab0fb373e0c65da296bb0556b

You'll need to update accordingly.
Thanks! A new Awesome Miner version will be released within the new few hours to adjust to these changes.

Hello Patrike,
I have one question regarding the "update mining software definitions", as i think i don't really understand the purpose... Doesn't this button be used to update mining softwares used by AM ? I would have think for example i just have to click this button to update to latest ccminer or dstm miner latest version... But it seems i'm wrong as i never find what this button is used for ... I always get "No updates could be found" message.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 09:59:24 PM

Something that is really crying out to be fixed is that starting a miner should automatically stop any other miner running on that host before it starts.  Also if a miner is set to autostart, it should disable the option on other miners on the same host.  It's messy and unprofessional that these aren't implemented.
Thanks for the feedback.

In most cases the recommendation is to use Managed Templates to switch between multiple configurations instead of having many Managed Miners for the same host.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/managedtemplate.aspx

There can of course be instances where you do want more Managed Miners, so I fully understand your point here.

Yeah I love the managed templates and use them extensively.  However I have a managed miner for each host and a profit switcher for each host.  The problem is that if I want to change a host over from a managed miner to a profit switcher, I need to be careful to stop one before starting the other.  Similarly it is currently possible for one host to have autostart set on both a managed miner and a profit switcher which is really messy when the computer starts up.

It's not a big deal but it is a nuisance and logically it would be much neater if starting one would automatically stop the other on the same host.  I don't see a downside as I can't imagine anyone wanting to run both at the same time.  I doubt it would be a big issue to implement and IMHO it would make the software tidier.

I hope you will consider it.
One difficult scenario to consider is that you sometimes to want two Managed Miners to run on the same host. If you do both GPU mining and CPU mining, or if you have one GPU miner running nVidia and the other your AMD cards. This adds some complexity to the auto-start concept.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:06:17 PM

There seems to be a bug in the 'Frequently Asked Questions' section of your website help pages.

If I expand the line - 'How can I switch between different configurations for Managed Miners?' and follow the link there it takes me to a page about Dual mining with Claymore.

It should go to the section on defining managed templates. Unfortunately the page which talks about managed templates says nothing at all about how to define one, only that it is identical to defining a managed miner. It surely cannot be quite identical because the miner name needs to be different for each rig which uses the template.

Thanks - I've corrected the incorrect link, and also made two clarifications based on your comment:

The Description field of the Managed Template is used to display the name of the template itself, and it will not be applied to the Managed Miner. The "Add to worker name" field is not configurable for a Managed Template, because it's unique per Managed Miner.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:14:35 PM

Benchmarking cryptonight on AMD still points to nicehash stratums, therefore not usable, is there any way to change the default benchmarking pool?
If it's a Managed Profit Miner, it will try to benchmark using pools defined in the Profit switching section. Not all mining software requires to connect to a pool to do benchmarking, but some do.

Please go to Options dialog, Profit switching section and disable (uncheck) Nicehash.

The reason it's looking at what you have in your profit switching section is that I don't want to hard code any pool + worker/wallet that belongs to me in the software. All users of Awesome Miner should feel confident that Awesome Miner never ever will mine anything for me. Not for benchmarking and not for any other scenario either. All hashes belongs to you!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:24:18 PM

Hi, I have 2 managed profit miners configured and DSTM Zcash CUDA Miner it's not taking the worker name on miningpoolhub when you use override pool settings, i want to have different worker names but they always mining with the deafult working name that you define in options>profit switching.
I've tried putting the --user XXX.XXX in command line with no luck. EWBF have the same problem, is anyone having the same problem?

I've never tried to use the override pool setting options, but why would you want two different worker names?  It makes more sense to have the same worker name and two different rig names.  So if your worker name in miningpoolhub is "puwaha", and the profit miner names are "rig1" and "rig2", then AM will combine them to make "puwaha.rig1", and "puwaha.rig2".  They will then show up in the same dashboard in miningpoolhub.

I need to mine to different addresses that is why i need two separate worker names, everything is working fine on zpool and hashrefinery but with miningpoolhub workers names are not working with EWBF and DSTM miners.
I will try to reproduce with the combination you point out here.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:33:00 PM

1) You can still force the profit miner to mine a specific unlisted coin. In Options dialog, Coins&Profit section, you can add a user defined coin where you also can specify high profit value for it. Then add a pool using this coin and then add the pool as a "Custom pool" to the profit switcher (Profit switching section of the Options dialog). When the profit switcher looks at what is most profitable, your user defined coin will be number one.

2) If you only have Managed Miners (not profit switching), please use the concept of Managed Template to fast change between different configurations. This can be used instead of defining two Managed Miners for a single computer. See:

1) I understand the concept of the changing the coin in the profit section, the problem with setting a coin to an artificially high value to force it to the top is that now the estimated earning values are off. From a convenience stand point, i dont have a "rough estimate" on how much i'm making. If i leave an accurate value for the coin settings, i would have to turn off all other profit switching options and leave only custom pool. Which leads us to the second problem: there's only one place to set custom pool for profit switching, and it applies to ALL profit miners. What if i want only a certain set of rigs to mine one coin, and the rest on regular zpool/mph/hashrefinery settings. Hence the need to have one profit miner and one managed miner for each rig.

To take that scenario even further, I am soon going to have certain rigs that need 4 miners configured because i have both amd and nvidia cards in them, 1 nvidia managed, 1 amd managed, 1 nvidia profit and 1 amd profit. 4 licenses used on one rig Sad

2) I appreciate the managed templates, they help alot, but now I've got an ever growing list of templates, because I need to have a seperate template for each different combination of video card, coin and in some cases, pool. I think something that would help tremondously with this had been brought up as a feature request before, the ability to mass apply only certain settings to all the selected miners, instead of an entire template. I eagerly await that feature Smiley

Do you mind if i ask why licenses are tied to number of miners configured, instead of to the managed hosts themselves?
The license concept has looked like this since 3.5 years ago, and back then the scenarios were not as complex as today. It was quite easy to understand where you had 10 miners in your list and you know that it was 10 licenses required. Back then it was often 5-6 GPU systems from a single vendor while 8 and 13 GPU systems are more common these days.

I do appreciate your feedback on this, because I also want to have a license concept that is fair for everyone, although there will always be scenarios where it's difficult.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:34:48 PM

I got a request not sure if you will do it but think about it.  Please  .

which isn't any more.

is there a way you can link AM to use other OC clocking software or come up with something built into awesome like ab and the AB Server . it might benefit you better in the long run .

I'll even pay extra for it , if needed ... as a bought add on with a one time charge Smiley .  
Thanks for your suggestions on this.

Developing and maintaining overclocking libraries for AMD and nVidia myself would probably take quite some time. I've also looked at alternatives like nVidia inspector that can be launched via command line to do clocking.

Are there any other good solutions out there to integrate with?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:37:07 PM

granatgas is down,nicehash is down,zpool send change MH to GH in keccak - what about profit switcher more custome. how about script/config for parsing custom pools?!
The zpool thing is resolved, but it's also possible to manually adjust this using the Profit Factor setting in Options dialog, Online Services.

The C# scripting feature in Awesome Miner is already used by some users to set custom profit on a user defined coin. That coin would then be used by a pool that is added to the profit switcher.

I've also received requests to support the same interface over the HTTP API, making it possible to develop scripts that tell Awesome Miner the profit of a user defined coin.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 10:40:10 PM

keccak is changed it to match the other blake/sha algos with BTC per GH instead of MH.

https://github.com/tpruvot/yiimp/commit/6b6866048e2e5a1ab0fb373e0c65da296bb0556b

You'll need to update accordingly.
Thanks! A new Awesome Miner version will be released within the new few hours to adjust to these changes.

Hello Patrike,
I have one question regarding the "update mining software definitions", as i think i don't really understand the purpose... Doesn't this button be used to update mining softwares used by AM ? I would have think for example i just have to click this button to update to latest ccminer or dstm miner latest version... But it seems i'm wrong as i never find what this button is used for ... I always get "No updates could be found" message.
I have on purpose not made all recent updates available with that feature because of the time it takes me to verify new software versions in combination with older versions of Awesome Miner. I will go back to make more use of this feature later on.

GoRdiE

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:09:56 AM

Hi, CPU minning is not working for me. I have a i5-650 and I tried with the last cpuminer-opt with AM 4.2.6 and the previous 4.2.5. Using Profit profiles, I tried to execute cpuminer-multi but It doesn't work at well.

Pocessor is a "Clarkdale" with support: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST), Intel 64, XD bit (an NX bit implementation), TXT, Intel VT-x, Intel VT-d, Hyper-Threading, Turbo Boost, AES-NI, Smart Cache.

Soft like Minergate is workin well, but I will like other options. ¿Ideas?

Thanks a lot
choff5507

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:21:29 AM

Im  really hoping someone can answer a couple questions I have.

Ive been using MPH for a little while now and I got it successfully working mining a single coin with Awesome Miner but I cannot for the life of me get the auto profit switching to work. I get a stratum login error and Im not sure why. I even reviewed the diagnostics which shows the text from the command window and it all looks correct.

I also know that MPH has their own auto switching capability, does anyone want to clarify how this works? For example, I can select algos I want to run under the hub workers menu, and it gives the auto switching port as 12XXX but no exact port unless it's any port? Also, no server is specified but it seems that all their servers on their list are by algo so I have no idea what server to try and connect to.

So, what am I missing, can anyone help me get the profit switching automatically working properly with Awesome Miner?
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:22:13 AM

Something that is really crying out to be fixed is that starting a miner should automatically stop any other miner running on that host before it starts.  Also if a miner is set to autostart, it should disable the option on other miners on the same host.  It's messy and unprofessional that these aren't implemented.
Thanks for the feedback.

In most cases the recommendation is to use Managed Templates to switch between multiple configurations instead of having many Managed Miners for the same host.

There can of course be instances where you do want more Managed Miners, so I fully understand your point here.

Yeah I love the managed templates and use them extensively.  However I have a managed miner for each host and a profit switcher for each host.  The problem is that if I want to change a host over from a managed miner to a profit switcher, I need to be careful to stop one before starting the other.  Similarly it is currently possible for one host to have autostart set on both a managed miner and a profit switcher which is really messy when the computer starts up.

It's not a big deal but it is a nuisance and logically it would be much neater if starting one would automatically stop the other on the same host.  I don't see a downside as I can't imagine anyone wanting to run both at the same time.  I doubt it would be a big issue to implement and IMHO it would make the software tidier.

I hope you will consider it.
One difficult scenario to consider is that you sometimes to want two Managed Miners to run on the same host. If you do both GPU mining and CPU mining, or if you have one GPU miner running nVidia and the other your AMD cards. This adds some complexity to the auto-start concept.

I hadn't considered that scenario but nonetheless I'm sure it's a small minority, albeit, one that must be catered to.  However given the significant nuisance factor involved, what about having an option in settings that can allow/disallow simultaneous miners on hosts?  As it stands at the moment, the autostart feature is a pain as you need to be careful to turn it off for the managed miner when you use the profit switcher and vice-versa.

tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:03:57 AM

Deleted
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:22:50 AM

which isn't any more.

Developing and maintaining overclocking libraries for AMD and nVidia myself would probably take quite some time. I've also looked at alternatives like nVidia inspector that can be launched via command line to do clocking.

don't forget the one that comes with AMD driver now.

Wattman

I'll learn how to use wattman .as much as l like using After burner it has issue with the new AMD driver still,  it only works with 3 cards anything over 3 the the fan and over clock section is grayed out they know about it and it seems there not fixing it, so i have to use the Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute from 8/23/2017 if i want to use more then three AMD cards in a rig with after burner it fine so far with any of a mount of Nv cards i have tried.. and i tried using After burner 4.4.2 beta no go with the new AND drivers .

ASUS tweak -ii it's a fork afterburner .
https://www.asus.com/us/site/graphics-cards/gpu-tweak-ii/

There is not really much to pick from.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Calentie El Horno

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:31:27 AM

Hello! Quick question - how do I assign different GPUs to different pools?

The "Enable/Disable" button is greyed out on the GPU tab for the pool, and using Rules does not switch off GPUs either (and would do it globally). I've looked through all settings and do not see an easy way to just mine altcoins on zpool with one GPU and eth on nanopool with the other GPU.
Hi,
You need to create more than one miner, and for each miner you need to specify the command line for only using specific GPU's. For example if you run Claymore Miner you specify "-di 0,1" on the first miner and "-di 2,3" on the second. The difficult part is if you are going to do profit switching with many mining software. Awesome Miner doens't have any automatic way of setting this up for you, so it will be some work to figure out all command line parameters for all software to be used.

Enable/Disable concept for GPU's are only for mining software that has support for this feature. It's not supported by all.

Can you point me in a direction where I would be able to find the info to figure out what command line parameters one would use for setting up profit switching?
More pressing... Short of pulling out my second way too old gpu ( being replaced. new one in transit ) How would I tell Awesome Miner to completely ignore the 2nd gpu?
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:29:54 AM

Hello! Quick question - how do I assign different GPUs to different pools?

The "Enable/Disable" button is greyed out on the GPU tab for the pool, and using Rules does not switch off GPUs either (and would do it globally). I've looked through all settings and do not see an easy way to just mine altcoins on zpool with one GPU and eth on nanopool with the other GPU.
Hi,
You need to create more than one miner, and for each miner you need to specify the command line for only using specific GPU's. For example if you run Claymore Miner you specify "-di 0,1" on the first miner and "-di 2,3" on the second. The difficult part is if you are going to do profit switching with many mining software. Awesome Miner doens't have any automatic way of setting this up for you, so it will be some work to figure out all command line parameters for all software to be used.

Enable/Disable concept for GPU's are only for mining software that has support for this feature. It's not supported by all.

Can you point me in a direction where I would be able to find the info to figure out what command line parameters one would use for setting up profit switching?
More pressing... Short of pulling out my second way too old gpu ( being replaced. new one in transit ) How would I tell Awesome Miner to completely ignore the 2nd gpu?

That's the thing.  You don't tell AM to ignore the 2nd GPU, you have AM tell the mining software to igniore the 2nd GPU.  It's a lot easier with managed miners as you can specify the command line attributes either at the pool level or the managed miner level.  I like to put these at the pool level, so that you don't have to go and change the managed miner every time you want to change pools.  For instance, if I'm mining Zcoin, I put the "-a lyra2z" for ccminer to use that algorithm at the pool level.  This works better, as I don't have to remove the "-a lyra2z" at the managed miner level every time I want to change the pool on the managed miner.

For profit switching, this becomes a lot more difficult, as you can only ever select specific algorithms that use particular software that has the ability to skip or disable GPUs.  I know that Claymore's has this ability.  But honestly, this would be a pain to setup... and to what end?

As you mentioned, it would probably make more sense to just pull that 2nd GPU out.  Sometimes, the root cause of the problem is a simple fix, rather than trying to use software to mask over the root cause.
ojmalik

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:46:14 AM

which isn't any more.

Whats silly is afterburner works fine with 10 GPUs, so clearly it's not a 8GPU limitation. It only crashes when you do 11+ GPU. Sounds like laziness or antipathy on Afterburner Dev's part, which is unfortunate.

When setting up a new rig, instead of Afterbuner, I've recently started using asus GPUTweak on all my rigs to set baseline power and fan profiles for 12 GPU rigs beforehand.

For managed miners, I then have in the execute additional commands section, "nvoc *coreclock* *memclock*" (3rd party utility) to set the core and memory clocks, and "nvidia-smi -pl *watts*" (nvidia utility) to set the power levels. It's not as easy as afterburner, but it is for sure more reliable. I do like that nvsmi takes wattage numbers for input instead of a % amount, which can vary depending on different cards TDP factory settings. Can't use this for profit miners at the moment unfortunately, i'm hoping something similar will be considered for them in the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: