Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:33:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 [850] 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032123 times)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 05:25:34 AM

well, there you go.  we can see how SC's are going to be implemented, if you're correct.  these corporate ledger systems can expected to be managed the same way as they are now, opaquely and possibly subject to manipulation.

The difference being that the user will now be offered a more open source alternative from which to choose. The fact that more opaque, closed-source system will exist is inevitable and should suprise no one. Whether they succeed or not in this new paradigm of open source code and trustless alternatives is another question. One that the free market will decide

lol, your attempts at subterfuge are so obvious.  or maybe you're just naive.  the corpSC does not function or work w/o liquidity or value.  the whole SC exercise is to be able to move BTC to SC.  for corpSC to work well, it needs to attract as much value and liquidity as possible, and in this case, by definition that is as many BTC as possible.  such logic failure.

Hmm no, your brain dead logic is the failure. For corpSC to work well, it needs to attract as much value and liquidity as NECESSARY FOR THE SERVICE TO FULLFILL THE DEMAND OR NEED. One cannot create more demand for an application than exist.

It takes a real idiot to consider that there are a bunch of applications of features that would be more important to people than MONEY

what's obvious here is that these gangs of top level corps dependent on the current fiat system can't compete in a Bitcoin self contained world.  the best way to deal with this is to transform these problematic Sound Money BTC to corpCoin via SPVproof.

There goes your brain dead logic in action once again. Corporate entities willing to bootstrap a closed-source, opaque sidechain on top of Bitcoin will NOT want to use SPVproof+MM. The federated server model is preferable to ensure control over the chain and security that is not dependent on miners MM.

As you would know, the federated model exists with Bitcoin as is. Therefore Blockstream could create such type of chain for corpCOIN RIGHT NOW without the need for SPVproof

That fucks up your logic quite a bit, doesn't it?

One of the features of side chains is that they don't need a free market to succeed.  They don't need open source or even demand for the side chain. 
For example one application would be coupons: 

1) Bitcoin merchant franchise company central office buys some BTC, and sends it to their side chain.
2) company inflates the side chain
3) company distributes the coupon "backed with bitcoin" (coupon is worth $20 off and has $0.10 worth of BTC in it with a locktime transaction at the expiry date so company gets it back if not used).
4) franchisees that accept the coupon are compensated the $20 back from the corporate promotion and they get 0.10 in BTC as their redemption bonus if redeemed before the expiry date.

This would not need to be open source, or require any free market distribution or any users to buy it even.

Interesting application but I honestly don't see the point you are trying to make...or at least how it applies to my comment about free market decision.

So sidechains can succeed at doing what exactly if they generate no free market demand?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but if no user participate in this scheme how exactly does it "succeed"?

The users don't really have a choice.
The users are the franchisees of the corporate.  
They accept the coupon, and collect the $20.00 + ($0.10 in BTC) for $20.00 store credit from the consumer, or they lose their franchise.
So no free market demand is needed for some applications.

Side Chains can take all sorts of forms.  Essentially anything that can run a software program can be a part of the SPV proof.  It is pretty wide open in what it can do and for what it can be used.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:27:33 AM

i'm offering a 2 BTC bounty for the IRL identity of brg444 OR a direct proof of a tie to Blockstream.

i'll increase it to 4 BTC if you can give me satisfactory evidence of both his IRL identity AND a direct tie to Blockstream.

both will be subject to my satisfaction of the evidence.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:32:32 AM

well, there you go.  we can see how SC's are going to be implemented, if you're correct.  these corporate ledger systems can expected to be managed the same way as they are now, opaquely and possibly subject to manipulation.

The difference being that the user will now be offered a more open source alternative from which to choose. The fact that more opaque, closed-source system will exist is inevitable and should suprise no one. Whether they succeed or not in this new paradigm of open source code and trustless alternatives is another question. One that the free market will decide

lol, your attempts at subterfuge are so obvious.  or maybe you're just naive.  the corpSC does not function or work w/o liquidity or value.  the whole SC exercise is to be able to move BTC to SC.  for corpSC to work well, it needs to attract as much value and liquidity as possible, and in this case, by definition that is as many BTC as possible.  such logic failure.

Hmm no, your brain dead logic is the failure. For corpSC to work well, it needs to attract as much value and liquidity as NECESSARY FOR THE SERVICE TO FULLFILL THE DEMAND OR NEED. One cannot create more demand for an application than exist.

It takes a real idiot to consider that there are a bunch of applications of features that would be more important to people than MONEY

what's obvious here is that these gangs of top level corps dependent on the current fiat system can't compete in a Bitcoin self contained world.  the best way to deal with this is to transform these problematic Sound Money BTC to corpCoin via SPVproof.

There goes your brain dead logic in action once again. Corporate entities willing to bootstrap a closed-source, opaque sidechain on top of Bitcoin will NOT want to use SPVproof+MM. The federated server model is preferable to ensure control over the chain and security that is not dependent on miners MM.

As you would know, the federated model exists with Bitcoin as is. Therefore Blockstream could create such type of chain for corpCOIN RIGHT NOW without the need for SPVproof

That fucks up your logic quite a bit, doesn't it?

One of the features of side chains is that they don't need a free market to succeed.  They don't need open source or even demand for the side chain. 
For example one application would be coupons: 

1) Bitcoin merchant franchise company central office buys some BTC, and sends it to their side chain.
2) company inflates the side chain
3) company distributes the coupon "backed with bitcoin" (coupon is worth $20 off and has $0.10 worth of BTC in it with a locktime transaction at the expiry date so company gets it back if not used).
4) franchisees that accept the coupon are compensated the $20 back from the corporate promotion and they get 0.10 in BTC as their redemption bonus if redeemed before the expiry date.

This would not need to be open source, or require any free market distribution or any users to buy it even.

Interesting application but I honestly don't see the point you are trying to make...or at least how it applies to my comment about free market decision.

So sidechains can succeed at doing what exactly if they generate no free market demand?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but if no user participate in this scheme how exactly does it "succeed"?

The users don't really have a choice.
The users are the franchisees of the corporate.  
They accept the coupon, and collect the $20.00 + ($0.10 in BTC) for $20.00 store credit from the consumer, or they lose their franchise.
So no free market demand is needed for some applications.

Side Chains can take all sorts of forms.  Essentially anything that can run a software program can be a part of the SPV proof.  It is pretty wide open in what it can do and for what it can be used.

Oh, I see. Well of course in some settings certain actors will not be given a choice but you can't deny that open source does democratizes the marketplace and could eventually lead to a more transparent corporate world. Now that it is possible, consumers will eventually demand it.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:33:10 AM

i'm offering a 2 BTC bounty for the IRL identity of brg444 OR a direct proof of a tie to Blockstream.

i'll increase it to 4 BTC if you can give me satisfactory evidence of both his IRL identity AND a direct tie to Blockstream.

both will be subject to my satisfaction of the evidence.

Shocked

Am I eligible to participate  Huh

Cheesy

you have brought this witchhunt to another level

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:44:29 AM

Here: I'll throw you a bone since I really don't have anything to hide and it can only serve to make you look even more stupid in your own thread.

https://twitter.com/bergalex

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:50:48 AM

Here: I'll throw you a bone since I really don't have anything to hide and it can only serve to make you look even more stupid in your own thread.

Should have let me out you... we could have split the bounty.

Seriously cypher, don't be a dick.  There is no reason to fuck with people's privacy over an internet fight.  Grow the fuck up.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:52:03 AM

Should have let me out you... we could have split the bounty.

Seriously cypher, don't be a dick.  There is no reason to fuck with people's privacy over an internet fight.  Grow the fuck up.

Cheesy

I'm the one who feels stupid now

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:01:52 AM

I think his account was hacked, or maybe he's been tweaking a bit.  The real cypherdoc would never do anything like that.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:04:23 AM

Seriously cypher, don't be a dick.  There is no reason to fuck with people's privacy over an internet fight.  Grow the fuck up.

I think his account was hacked, or maybe he's been tweaking a bit.  The real cypherdoc would never do anything like that.

You'd be surprised what one can do when he is backed up into a corner all by himself.

Oh well, I'm not mad  Cheesy He's all bark and no bite

edit: it is saturday night, maybe he's been drinking too much  Undecided

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:21:00 AM

the Blockstream bounty still applies btw  Cheesy

nothing you've said has changed my mind.  in fact, its all crystallized it for me.

allowing the exit of BTC from its secure blockchain via the SPVproof breaks the whole concept of the Sound Money function of Bitcoin in my book.  whereas ppl would have been forced to buy into BTC to participate in Bitcoin, now they will be able to buy all sorts of SC speculative assets which will be derivatives of BTC, whether they be on federated servers or decentralized SC's.  Bitcoin won't be Bitcoin anymore thus ppl should willingly do this as BTC really won't have the ability to appreciate anymore as it will no longer represent Sound Money.  in essence, i see these speculative SC's, which Blockstream will be creating for fees, to be inflationary.  their ledgers will be hidden and opaque and insecure as i doubt they will be mined as MM has a limited capacity.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:23:54 AM

nothing you've said has changed my mind.  in fact, its all crystallized it for me.

allowing the exit of BTC from its secure blockchain via the SPVproof breaks the whole concept of the Sound Money function of Bitcoin in my book.  whereas ppl would have been forced to buy into BTC to participate in Bitcoin, now they will be able to buy all sorts of SC speculative assets which will be derivatives of BTC, whether they be on federated servers or decentralized SC's.  Bitcoin won't be Bitcoin anymore thus ppl should willingly do this as BTC really won't have the ability to appreciate anymore as it will no longer represent Sound Money.  in essence, i see these speculative SC's, which Blockstream will be creating for fees, to be inflationary.  their ledgers will be hidden and opaque and insecure as i doubt they will be mined as MM has a limited capacity.

so did you sell your Bitcoins yet?

because, you know, the federated peg sidechains are coming. Bitcoin is not Bitcoin anymore, already.  Cry

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:26:49 AM

the Blockstream bounty still applies btw  Cheesy

nothing you've said has changed my mind.  in fact, its all crystallized it for me.

allowing the exit of BTC from its secure blockchain via the SPVproof breaks the whole concept of the Sound Money function of Bitcoin in my book.  whereas ppl would have been forced to buy into BTC to participate in Bitcoin, now they will be able to buy all sorts of SC speculative assets which will be derivatives of BTC, whether they be on federated servers or decentralized SC's.  Bitcoin won't be Bitcoin anymore thus ppl should willingly do this as BTC really won't have the ability to appreciate anymore as it will no longer represent Sound Money.  in essence, i see these speculative SC's, which Blockstream will be creating for fees, to be inflationary.  their ledgers will be hidden and opaque and insecure as i doubt they will be mined as MM has a limited capacity.

because, you know, the federated peg sidechains are coming. Bitcoin is not Bitcoin anymore, already.  Cry

i already said i don't mind federated servers as it doesn't touch source and therefore doesn't change Bitcoin.

i may even use a federated server if it has good features.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:28:28 AM

let me have you answer that question.

what is more likely to inflate Bitcoin?

Bitcoin on off-chain schemes or Bitcoins on algorithmically pegged sidechains

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:34:21 AM

the SPVproof will break Bitcoins core foundation which is the link btwn its currency unit and its blockchain.  this by itself will be inflationary as we will no longer have a functioning system as value gets drained away to speculative SC's (speculative in the sense of not being BTC anymore).  off chain systems don't inflate Bitcoin as those BTC deposited at a gox lumped address, for example, still exist on the Bitcoin blockchain.  the orderbooks can do their stuff but it is not inflationary to Bitcoin.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:35:58 AM

nothing you've said has changed my mind.  in fact, its all crystallized it for me.

allowing the exit of BTC from its secure blockchain via the SPVproof breaks the whole concept of the Sound Money function of Bitcoin in my book.  whereas ppl would have been forced to buy into BTC to participate in Bitcoin, now they will be able to buy all sorts of SC speculative assets which will be derivatives of BTC, whether they be on federated servers or decentralized SC's.  Bitcoin won't be Bitcoin anymore thus ppl should willingly do this as BTC really won't have the ability to appreciate anymore as it will no longer represent Sound Money.  in essence, i see these speculative SC's, which Blockstream will be creating for fees, to be inflationary.  their ledgers will be hidden and opaque and insecure as i doubt they will be mined as MM has a limited capacity.

because, you know, the federated peg sidechains are coming. Bitcoin is not Bitcoin anymore, already.  Cry

i already said i don't mind federated servers as it doesn't touch source and therefore doesn't change Bitcoin.

Cheesy

you are beyond retarded

when are you ever going to realize that federated peg create the same off-mainchain BTC scheme as SPVproof would? a sidechain, is a sidechain, is a sidechain. the method used to validate information and communicate between chains changes little. please don't give me that "institutionalized" or "systemized" bullshit.

whereas ppl would have been forced to buy into BTC to participate in Bitcoin, now they will be able to buy all sorts of SC speculative assets which will be derivatives of BTC, whether they be on federated servers or decentralized SC's.

So in one post federated servers are bad because they create speculative assets that diminishes Bitcoin Sound Money properties but in the next post you "may even use a federated server"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Lay off the drinks brother

brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:42:04 AM

the SIDECHAINS will break Bitcoins core foundation which is the link btwn its currency unit and its blockchain.  this by itself will be inflationary as we will no longer have a functioning system as value gets drained away to speculative SC's (speculative in the sense of not being BTC anymore).  off chain systems don't inflate Bitcoin as those BTC deposited at a gox lumped address, for example, still exist on the Bitcoin blockchain.  the orderbooks can do their stuff but it is not inflationary to Bitcoin.

FTFY.

Off chain systems can be equally speculative and drain away value in very much the same way as sidechains would.

Additionally, bitcoins locked on sidechains exist in the same way those deposited at gox do. In fact, considering they can be algorithmically pegged and claimed on the mainchain they are even more real than the BTC at gox.

In both cases, inflation off the mainchain can not affect the mainchain so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

How were you able to somehow deceive all of the people in this thread into thinking you were somehow someway an intelligent person  Huh

This stuff you are saying right now is downright embarassing.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:44:46 AM

Cheesy

you are beyond retarded

when are you ever going to realize that federated peg create the same off-mainchain BTC scheme as SPVproof would? a sidechain, is a sidechain, is a sidechain. the method used to validate information and communicate between chains changes little. please don't give me that "institutionalized" or "systemized" bullshit.

whereas ppl would have been forced to buy into BTC to participate in Bitcoin, now they will be able to buy all sorts of SC speculative assets which will be derivatives of BTC, whether they be on federated servers or decentralized SC's.

So in one post federated servers are bad because they create speculative assets that diminishes Bitcoin Sound Money properties but in the next post you "may even use a federated server"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Lay off the drinks brother

man, you are one insolent kid.

i keep emphasizing the SPVproof b/c that is indeed what i'm against b/c it changes source, not SC's in general.  you're unable to ascertain that given all the posts i've made about this?  sheesh.

federated servers aren't really even on my radar as ppl are free to do whatever they want in their private communities as long as they don't come begging to change source to profit from their business model.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:51:07 AM

the SIDECHAINS will break Bitcoins core foundation which is the link btwn its currency unit and its blockchain.  this by itself will be inflationary as we will no longer have a functioning system as value gets drained away to speculative SC's (speculative in the sense of not being BTC anymore).  off chain systems don't inflate Bitcoin as those BTC deposited at a gox lumped address, for example, still exist on the Bitcoin blockchain.  the orderbooks can do their stuff but it is not inflationary to Bitcoin.

FTFY.

Off chain systems can be equally speculative and drain away value in very much the same way as sidechains would.

Additionally, bitcoins locked on sidechains exist in the same way those deposited at gox do. In fact, considering they can be algorithmically pegged and claimed on the mainchain they are even more real than the BTC at gox.

In both cases, inflation off the mainchain can not affect the mainchain so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

How were you able to somehow deceive all of the people in this thread into thinking you were somehow someway an intelligent person  Huh

This stuff you are saying right now is downright embarassing.

this is where you are very wrong.

the SPVproof allows a transformation of BTC to all manner of speculative assets by allowing an offramp to these speculative SC's with opaque ledgers and insecurity. this does 2 things; drains value from Bitcoin itself and increases attacks while on this insecure SC.  this is a totally different situation from a gox general deposit address which still exists on the Bitcoin blockchain and even if hacked just moves those BTC to the hackers new address. 
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:52:49 AM

i keep emphasizing the SPVproof b/c that is indeed what i'm against b/c it changes source, not SC's in general.  you're unable to ascertain that given all the posts i've made about this?  sheesh.

federated servers aren't really even on my radar as ppl are free to do whatever they want in their private communities as long as they don't come begging to change source to profit from their business model.

and you are one senile grampa

what you keep emphasizing is your opposition to the detachement of the BTC asset from the BTC mainchain onto potentially speculative sidechains that could drain away the value off the BTC mainchain. I hope you did not forget this. If so I can gladly pull up your numerous posts that clearly imply this mechanism would "destroy Bitcoin"

what I keep emphasizing, which you are seemingly to stupid or disingenuous to comprehend, is that federated servers do exactly this.

it has never been a debate about changing the source code or not. so unless you are trying to move the goal post ONCE AGAIN, then at least make at attempt at being honest.

you concern is Bitcoin's Sound Money property.

my answer to your concern is you should see your bitcoins RIGHT NOW because SIDECHAINS using a federated model are this danger you so very much fear

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:55:35 AM

and you are one senile grampa

what you keep emphasizing is your opposition to the detachement of the BTC asset from the BTC mainchain onto potentially speculative sidechains that could drain away the value off the BTC mainchain. I hope you did not forget this. If so I can gladly pull up your numerous posts that clearly imply this mechanism would "destroy Bitcoin"

what I keep emphasizing, which you are seemingly to stupid or disingenuous to comprehend, is that federated servers do exactly this.

it has never been a debate about changing the source code or not. so unless you are trying to move the goal post ONCE AGAIN, then at least make at attempt at being honest.

you concern is Bitcoin's Sound Money property.

my answer to your concern is you should see your bitcoins RIGHT NOW because SIDECHAINS using a federated model are this danger you so very much fear

no, that's just been your misperception of my argument.  it's ALWAYS been about changing source code.
Pages: « 1 ... 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 [850] 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: