Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:17:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032138 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:21:29 AM

Did gold stop being "Sound Money" when promissary notes arised?

comparing gold to Bitcoin is like comparing a horse buggy to a Ferrari.

I don't know. I'm just playing the empathy card and placing myself in your clown shoes. Huh

Maybe then I can understand your SC breaks BTC "Sound Money" theory

hey molecular and sickpig.  brg444 and Odalv keep calling me names!!! waaaaaaaa:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:44:56 AM

Lol, or like comparing real estate to a picture of real estate.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 03:25:54 AM

would you prefer that Bitcoin particpate in the coming Currency Wars or get bogged down in trading SC speculative assets directly within the protocol?  remember, you want all this fiat to have to "buy in" to BTC, the currency unit.

Bring On the Currency Wars

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/11/21/bring-on-the-currency-wars/

Finding it hard to stimulate domestic demand through cheap credit in a world of rock bottom interest rates, the next best solution central bankers have settled on is to generate growth by boosting net exports. And the way to do that is to devalue their currencies.

Those Currency Wars are already underway. It's frightening to think of Bitcoin being "weaponised" as a tool in this regard. Imagine a govt acknowledged actively purchasing btc....

Bitcoin is not really weaponizable in that sense.  It is instead the disarming end of the conflict.
The war is more between the different central banks, and less between the governments.
That people confuse these sadly shows how much Bitcoin is a product of its time.
A country is not its currency.

hum poor me who thought that was precisely the case for the last couple milleniums.  or could it be the opposite? ^^
maybe we werent developped enough to grasp such novel concept but still you cant make such bold assertion seriously.

The USA is on its 3rd central bank.  (Not including the civil war greenback or the confederate script.)  Abolishing the CBs has never been easy.  Few people alive today remember a time when free of such.
As a nation the US struggled against the establishment of government banks repeatedly.  For the last 100 years that struggle has failed.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:47:24 AM

Give me the horse and buggy any day if no gas stations are open.

You probably anticipated me saying something like that after the years (literally) that we've been going at it.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:31:15 AM

Gas station analogous to the internet. Without the net we are back to horse buggy
days and back to good old fashion non exponential growth and innovation!! good and bad
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:58:41 AM

Gas station analogous to the internet. Without the net we are back to horse buggy
days and back to good old fashion non exponential growth and innovation!! good and bad
If you've ever thought Bitcoin was in a bubble, you should look at the population explosion, we're at a point were there are more people alive than have ever died in the history of humanity. We're going to have pain but the only path forward is with technology some technology's are so important we don't give them up, like the wheal and the plow, I think we'll add the internet to that list too.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:07:45 AM

If you've ever thought Bitcoin was in a bubble, you should look at the population explosion, we're at a point were there are more people alive than have ever died in the history of humanity. ...

Panic!  The sky is falling!  Run for the hills!  (But don't forget to give the 'sustainability' scammers everything they ask for so they might save us from the impending crisis.)

http://overpopulationisamyth.com/

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:28:56 AM

If you've ever thought Bitcoin was in a bubble, you should look at the population explosion, we're at a point were there are more people alive than have ever died in the history of humanity. ...

Panic!  The sky is falling!  Run for the hills!  (But don't forget to give the 'sustainability' scammers everything they ask for so they might save us from the impending crisis.)

The root to sustainability is hard money, (and redefining personal property) centrally controlled sustainability is as sustainable as the FED. But the science is good we know the problem environments just haven't figured out who's responsible, hint it's not the EPA, or how to control it. (Yip over population is a central control idea)

A little deflation and and money supply contraction will be uncomfortable, we'll figure out what are and aren't priorities very quickly, and all of a sudden paper cups and disposable phones seem like stupid use of resources. There are lots of solutions Bitcoin is my favorite.

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:32:53 AM

The war is more between the different central banks, and less between the governments.
That people confuse these sadly shows how much Bitcoin is a product of its time.

LoL, please stop, same textbooks, same education, same cocktail, same goals, same ideologies: Inflation is good, because it motivates to work more, otherwise you would be lazy and would think to enjoy life. Exactly what a german dude planed. we never left war economies.

"In order to mitigate the potential impact of Bitcoin, the meaning of Article IV, Section 5 could be expanded to include digital currencies. Rather than limiting its scope to currencies used by colonies or overseas territories, the IMF could use Article IV Section 5 to label Bitcoin—or other digital currencies like it—a “separate currency.”159 As such, the IMF could require member nations to pay part of their subscription quota with Bitcoins.160 This would require member nations to purchase Bitcoins independently. They would then contribute that amount to the IMF’s general fund as part of their quota, receiving an amount of their own currency or special drawing rights equal to the value of the Bitcoins paid in exchange.161 In short, expanding the meaning of Article IV, Section 5 would grant the IMF a means of indirectly accumulating Bitcoins through its members."- from the paper quoted above

Grin

Again is it a joke? You have still faith in those institution like they like to be called? I think it's idiotic. They want SDR, because they can print them... and enjoy life with the inflation (money printing) they do for themselves, meanwhile you have to work for a diminishing return, so they can keep their perks.

Abolishing the CBs has never been easy.  Few people alive today remember a time when free of such.
As a nation the US struggled against the establishment of government banks repeatedly.  For the last 100 years that struggle has failed.

Exactly as it's an intergrant part of the USMC, and as the USMC is still at war... I don't see a way forward but a big confrontation. Or the USMC wins (which isn't in it's interest, otherwise no more USMC) or the USMC do it's job perfectly, manage the grow of the enemy (is there really an enemy?, or it's just a propaganda war to get a population distraction - management?). Freing humanity from such people is worth it. What ever the cost. it's that or slavery at their mercy.

If you've ever thought Bitcoin was in a bubble, you should look at the population explosion, we're at a point were there are more people alive than have ever died in the history of humanity. We're going to have pain but the only path forward is with technology some technology's are so important we don't give them up, like the wheal and the plow, I think we'll add the internet to that list too.

yes of course I have to pay for those that can't control their legs and open them all the time without thinking on how they are gonna raise their children. better to beg. fsa.

money is faster...
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:42:10 AM

Panic!  The sky is falling!  Run for the hills!  (But don't forget to give the 'sustainability' scammers everything they ask for so they might save us from the impending crisis.)

The root to sustainability is hard money, (and redefining personal property) centrally controlled sustainability is as sustainable as the FED. But the science is good we know the problem environments just haven't figured out who's responsible, hint it's not the EPA, or how to control it. (Yip over population is a central control idea)

The root to sustainability is the stateless community, which is anarchy, autarchy and selfsufficiency beyond an economy. An economy has never ever been something different than a "state bastard" (Paul C. Martin). State, money and debt (= organised violence) is the root of the collectivist rise-and-fall-society (communism, feudalism, capitalism, idiotism).

http://www.miprox.de/Wirtschaft_allgemein/Martin-Symp.pdf
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:02:53 AM

Panic!  The sky is falling!  Run for the hills!  (But don't forget to give the 'sustainability' scammers everything they ask for so they might save us from the impending crisis.)

The greatest anthropocentric and religious bullshit ever. That is as if the gorilla (or the lion) would explain to the other species, that it doesnt matter if they populate the planet by a million or 10 billion individuals (with an equivalent of 50 energy slaves on top of each one = 500 billion).

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2012/03/28/the-sixth-great-extinction-a-silent-extermination/
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:32:34 PM

http://uncovermichigan.com/content/22019-asteroid-mining-its-way

Gold soon irrelevant?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:28:31 PM

like i said, just allow Bitcoin to function as Sound Money and we will win!  do not separate the unit from its BC!  think nom, nom, nom...

Bitcoin-transactions will most likely be VAT-exempt in The Netherlands (Dutch Source)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2n2unb/bitcointransactions_will_most_likely_be_vatexempt/
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 05:09:09 PM

Did gold stop being "Sound Money" when promissory notes arose?
According to Bernanke, yes it stopped.  lol

Ron Paul: "Do you think gold is money?"
Ben Bernanke: "No"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NJnL10vZ1Y at 4:25

Federal Reserve Notes are the king of the promissory notes.  People even still call them Dollars.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 05:31:12 PM

LoL, please stop, same textbooks, same education, same cocktail, same goals, same ideologies: Inflation is good, because it motivates to work more, otherwise you would be lazy and would think to enjoy life. Exactly what a german dude planed. we never left war economies.

An economy is also a different thing than a currency.
I don't know if my text book is anything like yours, but maybe a dictionary would help you?  
There are different definitions for all three of these "economy" "currency" "country".

I can't see what point you are making here other than "we never left war economies", I would agree with you on that.
War is typically what ends sound money.  The threat of WWI ended gold and silver current money in the USA and brought the 3rd central bank.

The War of 1812 brought the 2nd.

So yes, for so long as there is a central bank, you can say "we" never left war economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_central_banking_in_the_United_States

My point is slightly different though.  You can end the currency quite nicely without ending the country.
(At least twice so far in the USA, if not counting the Civil War currencies of Lincoln's greenback and the Confederate script - we got 2 new central banks out of that war one for each side, both also ended)

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:33:37 PM

The root to sustainability is the stateless community, which is anarchy, autarchy and selfsufficiency beyond an economy. An economy has never ever been something different than a "state bastard" (Paul C. Martin). State, money and debt (= organised violence) is the root of the collectivist rise-and-fall-society (communism, feudalism, capitalism, idiotism).

In stateless community there is violence too. The only difference is that you have to do justice yourself. I prefer the efficiency of a giant USMC. I think that people that don't support collectivization of defense have an agenda... that will ultimately result in them being some kind of afg bad warlords. I hope that you will have time to develop counter measure against the Imperial fleets once you start to commit violent act in a pacified territory belonging to the Empire... or else where... I wish you gl, you will need it Cheesy. What's your opinions on Imperialism, and the emperorless Empire version, aka THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

money is faster...
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:34:12 PM

This understanding is growing, our community is local but interconnected globally. There is a lot of FUD with globalization, it's all to do with centralized global management. But decentralized local and global cooperation is the future.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:37:07 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 05:50:26 PM by brg444

like i said, just allow Bitcoin to function as Sound Money and we will win!  do not separate the unit from its BC!  think nom, nom, nom...

Bitcoin-transactions will most likely be VAT-exempt in The Netherlands (Dutch Source)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2n2unb/bitcointransactions_will_most_likely_be_vatexempt/

Undecided

How many times are we going to tell you that the unit (value) will be seperated by multiple different schemes whether or not SPVP is implemented.

Also, it matters little what happens of the unit. The concern is where the value is assigned and whether that value is safely stored and congruent with the ledger.

Sound Money is a function of the ledger. If the ledger is distributed on multiple blockchains but is kept intact and secure then the Sound Money property lives on.

edit : maybe you want to adopt the more reasonable or rational stance related to the danger of changing mining incentives. that is at least a defendable opinion.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:51:23 PM

In stateless community there is violence too. The only difference is that you have to do justice yourself. I prefer the efficiency of a giant USMC. I think that people that don't support collectivization of defense have an agenda... that will ultimately result in them being some kind of afg bad warlords. I hope that you will have time to develop counter measure against the Imperial fleets once you start to commit violent act in a pacified territory belonging to the Empire... or else where... I wish you gl, you will need it Cheesy. What's your opinions on Imperialism, and the emperorless Empire version, aka THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?
That has been the case throughout history but the source of all wealth then was land, we have transitioned to a knowledge based source of wealth now, we can always regress but we have an opportunity to move forward.

Introducing Sno-Caps - The People's Cap-And-Trade: http://youtu.be/fCtf9eumuhU
In the video above James D'Angelo, proposes an revolutionary idea, if you stretch your imagination you can envision such a decentralized system being used for property rights, managed by the living. And no need for the Mafia.

And a free anarcho capitalist world could exist without going out of balance.

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:55:47 PM

like i said, just allow Bitcoin to function as Sound Money and we will win!  do not separate the unit from its BC!  think nom, nom, nom...

Undecided

How many times are we going to tell you that the unit (value) will be seperated by multiple different schemes whether or not SPVP is implemented.

Also, it matters little what happens of the unit. The concern is where the value is assigned and whether that value is safely stored and congruent with the ledger.

Sound Money is a function of the ledger. If the ledger is distributed on multiple blockchains but is kept intact and secure then the Sound Money property lives on.

edit : maybe you want to adopt the more reasonable or rational stance related to the danger of changing mining incentives. that is at least a defendable opinion.

There is no we, just an insolent you.

Pages: « 1 ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: