Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:27:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 [852] 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032123 times)
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:44:32 AM

Everytime you resort to ignoring my comments I smile knowing I've won that argument.

It's a special kind of insolence, that can hold a belief that off block chain transactions and on blockchain transaction are the same, all the while claim superior knowledge, insight and understanding, while insulting those who attempt to point out otherwise.

I can only laugh when it boils down to a self proclaimed victory.

Cypher this girl has trolled you hard, even lamchop ran away.
brg444's too ignorant to know what he's talking about or he's lying

The intelligent posts speak for themselves, brg444 is only seeking to cover them in $#!±.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:49:06 AM

p

the basis of my argument is that the BTC unit cannot be separated from its blockchain (mainchain) w/o breaking Bitcoin as Money. imo, sidechains allow this and if you read their whitepaper, their core assumption is that they they can be separated.

What you don't care about Bitcoin's Sound Money principles anymore  Angry How dare you !  Cry

They're one and the same point, I don't understand your pitch?

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:50:52 AM

you mean like this trick?

i'm an asshole.

Everytime you resort to ignoring my comments I smile knowing I've won that argument.

You are a sad, sad person cypher. I hope you get some help. This pathetic ego of yours is digging you a hole from where you'll have a hard time climbing out of.

do you really think ppl actually listen to your bullshit ad hominems?  it just shows how young and immature you are.

they just laugh at you like i do.

Seems to my like he's pounding your balls flat with a mallet.  It's all kinds of funny.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:52:26 AM

It's a special kind of insolence, that can hold a belief that off block chain transactions and on blockchain transaction are the same, all the while claim superior knowledge, insight and understanding, while insulting those who attempt to point out otherwise.

The intelligent posts speak for themselves, brg444 is only seeking to cover them in $#!±.

I'm still waiting for you to counter-argument my reply to your question.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:53:03 AM

i'm an asshole.

You are a sad, sad person cypher. I hope you get some help. This pathetic ego of yours is digging you a hole from where you'll have a hard time climbing out of.

do you really think ppl actually listen to your bullshit ad hominems?  it just shows how young and immature you are.

Seems to my like he's pounding your balls flat with a mallet.  It's all kinds of funny.

i'm just relieved to know that i really am arguing with a 24yo kid with a shitty job. Wink  (who still might be a Blockstream shill)
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:55:42 AM

p

the basis of my argument is that the BTC unit cannot be separated from its blockchain (mainchain) w/o breaking Bitcoin as Money. imo, sidechains allow this and if you read their whitepaper, their core assumption is that they they can be separated.

What you don't care about Bitcoin's Sound Money principles anymore  Angry How dare you !  Cry

My pitch?

My pitch is that cypherclown has been championing the danger of breaking the holy link between the BTC unit and its blockchain for the past 50 pages but now that he FINALLY realizes federated server sidechains creates this exact mechanism and that these are implementable natively he has yet again moved the goal post to another fallacious argument.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:57:08 AM

i'm just relieved to know that i really am arguing with a 24yo kid with a shitty job. Wink  (who still might be a Blockstream shill)

this 24 y/o has been making a mockery of you in your own thread. that should bring you no form of relief whatsoever

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:57:10 AM

p

My pitch?

My pitch is that cypherclown has been championing the danger of breaking the holy link between the BTC unit and its blockchain for the past 50 pages but now that he FINALLY realizes federated server sidechains creates this exact mechanism and that these are implementable natively he has yet again moved the goal post to another fallacious argument.

wat?!  lol!

always misportraying my position to try and make yourself look good.  girl.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:00:05 AM

p

My pitch?

wat?!  lol!

girl  Huh where is that even coming from

by the way I'm standing right here on the corner waiting for you to formulate your next sidechains doomsday scenario. better make it a good one this time, the last few were a bit too shallow on paranoia  Undecided

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:05:36 AM

i'm an asshole.

Seems to my like he's pounding your balls flat with a mallet.  It's all kinds of funny.

Sure I'm laughing too not because brg444 has a solid argument but because cypher keeps him going, the parts that makes it worth reading is the self proclaimed arrogance, shining through the insults.
___

Why do you put up with it cypher, not that you need to do anything, I like Peter's distillation of the issue, what follows is insight brg444 doesn't want presented, so you not getting an opportunity to refine you're point.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:07:05 AM

p

My pitch?

wat?!  lol!

girl  Huh where is that even coming from

by the way I'm standing right here on the corner waiting for you to formulate your next sidechains doomsday scenario. better make it a good one this time, the last few were a bit too shallow on paranoia  Undecided

everything i said makes sense even with federated servers.  they're INSIGNIFICANT to Bitcoin as they don't change the source code.  that's all i care about.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:10:10 AM

i'm an asshole.

Sure I'm laughing too not because brg444 has a solid argument but because cypher keeps him going, the parts that makes it worth reading is the self proclaimed arrogance, shining through the insults.
___

Why do you put up with it cypher, not that you need to do anything, I like Peter's distillation of the issue, what follows is insight brg444 doesn't want presented, so you not getting an opportunity to refine you're point.

Undecided

Still waiting

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:10:29 AM

i'm an asshole.

Seems to my like he's pounding your balls flat with a mallet.  It's all kinds of funny.

___

Peter exactly distilled both our arguments, along with NL's.  so yeah, i'm happy.  

why do i put up with brg444?  i don't know.  not that i can do anything about him.  he does help me distill and crystallize my thoughts on this issue which is good.  i know exactly where my objection lies:  the SPVproof.  aka offramp.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:12:03 AM

Peter exactly distilled both our arguments, along with NL's.  so yeah, i'm happy. 

why do i put up with brg444?  i don't know.  not that i can do anything about him.  he does help me distill and crystallize my thoughts on this issue which is good.  i know exactly where my objection lies:  the SPVproof.

Hmmm nop. I'm not gonna let you piggyback off Peter & NL's contribution.

Their comments had nothing to do with your schizophrenic brain farts.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:14:48 AM

i'm an asshole.

___

i'm quite relieved knowing who he is.  you think i should just put him on ignore?  never done that before.  it's not like i learn anything from him.
brg444

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:15:36 AM

Peter exactly distilled both our arguments, along with NL's.  so yeah, i'm happy.  

why do i put up with brg444?  i don't know.  not that i can do anything about him.  he does help me distill and crystallize my thoughts on this issue which is good.  i know exactly where my objection lies:  the SPVproof.  aka offramp.

So you prefer centralized, less secure, more opaque off-chain schemes that can eventually lead to concerning disincentivization for the miners to secure the network and creates considerably more fractional reserve risks.

That's rather strange  Undecided

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:16:11 AM

Don't assume any high ground here.

You haven't corrected the nonsense reply to this post or addressed the concerns I raised here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg9409835#msg9409835

You never replied to the questions asked of you here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg9449317#msg9449317

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:17:07 AM

Don't assume any high ground here.

You haven't corrected the nonsense reply to this post or addressed the concerns I raised here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg9409835#msg9409835

You never replied to the questions asked of you here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg9449317#msg9449317

don't hold your breath.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:17:49 AM

I had all kinds of shitty jobs when I was a kid (but I didn't end up with any college debt.)  I actually enjoyed all of the shitty jobs and moved on when I stopped enjoying them.  Anyway, I don't have much respect for anyone who does NOT have a shitty job at that age.  It only tells me that they are probably some sort of a silver spoon trust fund brat.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:20:20 AM

I had all kinds of shitty jobs when I was a kid (but I didn't end up with any college debt.)  I actually enjoyed all of the shitty jobs and moved on when I stopped enjoying them.  Anyway, I don't have much respect for anyone who does NOT have a shitty job at that age.  It only tells me that they are probably some sort of a silver spoon trust fund brat.

well, he could have a shitty job simply b/c of his shitty attitude.  he could behave at work just like he does here.  do you think i should put him on ignore?
Pages: « 1 ... 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 [852] 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: