Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:17:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 [840] 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170601 times)
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:49:57 PM

are burst devs related to this solar scam?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=917737.msg10077014#msg10077014

shame on you..

you guys just killed your coin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:01:44 PM

shame on you..

You are jumping to conclusions. Where does it say that DEV is involved?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:07:17 PM

shame on you..

I agree, pretty harsh words. While I do concur that the project sounds far-fetched to say the least, perhaps the time has come to start thinking and going big.

As always, do your own due diligence and think for yourself.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:14:50 PM

shame on you..

prove other wise.. sings are in the air

THEY MADE A DEAL TO PUMP BURST?? or they think users will pump

jamoes

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:25:42 PM

I was looking through the Burstcoin source code, and one thing that worries me about future scalability is the hard-coded MAX_NUMBER_OF_TRANSACTIONS constant, which limits the number of transactions per block to 255. This is similar to the 1 MB block size limit that is currently affecting bitcoin. Bitcoin is bound by this block size limit, and therefore the bitcoin network can only process a maximum of 7 transactions per second. Burstcoin has a similar limit right now, but its limit is 63 tx/sec. This gives Burstcoin more time to solve the problem - but since solving it requires a hard fork,  I think it would be better to solve the problem now while the coin is still young.

I think the best solution is something along the lines of Gavin Andreson's proposal to increase the maximum block size by 50% per year. I think in Burstcoin's case, the solution should be to increase the maximum number of transactions per block by 3.45% per month (which is about equal to a 50% increase per year).

This is an important change for the future scalability of Burstcoin. And it's an important change to make now, because the more the coin matures, the more difficult it will be to introduce a successful hard fork.

If you're interested, @burstcoin, I'd be willing to take a crack at coding up this change in behavior.

Bumping this since no one commented on it. Does anyone else think it's a good idea to raise the maximum blocksize formulaically over time?
xizmax

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:26:00 PM

shame on you..

prove other wise.. sings are in the air

THEY MADE A DEAL TO PUMP BURST?? or they think users will pump

1. This coin was not premined. A pump would serve more purpose if the dev had a big stash, as far as I know he mined fair and square as the rest of the people.
2. Choosing a 25year long solar farm project is a poor pump vehicle. You need something with a faster ROI to pump effectively
3. There has been no indication whatsoever that koko and dev are collaborating on this, where is your evidence that they are? Where lies the burden of proof?
4. There is no shame in promoting a coin. while it not being a pump.

Full disclosure: I would really like for koko's project to work, even though I don't own any shares. Crypto needs success stories

xizmax

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:31:30 PM

I was looking through the Burstcoin source code, and one thing that worries me about future scalability is the hard-coded MAX_NUMBER_OF_TRANSACTIONS constant, which limits the number of transactions per block to 255. This is similar to the 1 MB block size limit that is currently affecting bitcoin. Bitcoin is bound by this block size limit, and therefore the bitcoin network can only process a maximum of 7 transactions per second. Burstcoin has a similar limit right now, but its limit is 63 tx/sec. This gives Burstcoin more time to solve the problem - but since solving it requires a hard fork,  I think it would be better to solve the problem now while the coin is still young.

I think the best solution is something along the lines of Gavin Andreson's proposal to increase the maximum block size by 50% per year. I think in Burstcoin's case, the solution should be to increase the maximum number of transactions per block by 3.45% per month (which is about equal to a 50% increase per year).

This is an important change for the future scalability of Burstcoin. And it's an important change to make now, because the more the coin matures, the more difficult it will be to introduce a successful hard fork.

If you're interested, @burstcoin, I'd be willing to take a crack at coding up this change in behavior.

Bumping this since no one commented on it. Does anyone else think it's a good idea to raise the maximum blocksize formulaically over time?

You raised all valid points, the issue is known. If any coin is to become a large provider it needs to be able to process large numbers of tx's
Whether are there any downsides to your proposal code-wise, you'll have to wait for the dev to answer. I am really not the most qualified to tackle that issue.

0bert

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:47:54 PM

my transaction from faucet is still not confirming after half a day. I want to start mining but kinda losing hope on this coin.

Apparently my address is not on the blockchain: http://burst.cryptoport.io/acc/BURST-MGYC-6PTV-X9HL-FK8D4

Is there any better tutorials on how to config the wallet? the readme file says i have to type my ip in the nxt,myaddress=xxx but it crashes.

I am using 1.2.0

Sent you 4 burst, make an outgoing transaction when you get them - that will secure your acc.

I think there is something wrong with the faucet, maybe its not updated to 1.2.0
The community is pretty helpful, so after you got your acc sorted ask away. Please be more specific as Pilotseye said Smiley

BURST-8NZ9-X6AX-72BK-2KFM2 is dev v2 pool. Dev mentioned a few posts ago that the wallet froze and he restarted it. I think the transactions will revert to pool wallet. Whether they will be sent out again I cannot tell.

Hey ho, i guess i have the same problem...
I have no account balance in my wallet, but i see under recent transactions the faucet payout. Maybe it's their old wallet...

Anyhow, i want to start mining and studied the guide already.
I have an empty 1TB hdd, made directions for miner, plotter etc. but it seems to me that i stuck on "account activation" thing...
Also i have to send some burst out to get my account/wallet active, after this i can go on with plotter and miner... ?!?

Thanks for your help!  Smiley
xizmax

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:51:57 PM

my transaction from faucet is still not confirming after half a day. I want to start mining but kinda losing hope on this coin.

Apparently my address is not on the blockchain: http://burst.cryptoport.io/acc/BURST-MGYC-6PTV-X9HL-FK8D4

Is there any better tutorials on how to config the wallet? the readme file says i have to type my ip in the nxt,myaddress=xxx but it crashes.

I am using 1.2.0

Sent you 4 burst, make an outgoing transaction when you get them - that will secure your acc.

I think there is something wrong with the faucet, maybe its not updated to 1.2.0
The community is pretty helpful, so after you got your acc sorted ask away. Please be more specific as Pilotseye said Smiley

BURST-8NZ9-X6AX-72BK-2KFM2 is dev v2 pool. Dev mentioned a few posts ago that the wallet froze and he restarted it. I think the transactions will revert to pool wallet. Whether they will be sent out again I cannot tell.

I have no account balance in my wallet, but i see under recent transactions the faucet payout. Maybe it's their old wallet...

I have an empty 1TB hdd, made directions for miner, plotter etc. but it seems to me that i stuck on "account activation" thing...
Also i have to send some burst out to get my account/wallet active, after this i can go on with plotter and miner... ?!?

You are correct, when you get your acc in order you can proceed with plotting and mining
PM me your address and I will send you 4 burst, which is enough to make an outgoing transaction and to set pool reward assignment.

0bert

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:56:22 PM

I am using 1.2.0

You are correct, when you get your acc in order you can proceed with plotting and mining
PM me your address and I will send you 4 burst, which is enough to make an outgoing transaction and to set pool reward assignment.

It's my account id? BURST -____-____-____-_____ ?
(Public key is the same?)

I am a lil confused with this wallet...  Grin
xizmax

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:59:38 PM

I am using 1.2.0

It's my account id? BURST -____-____-____-_____ ?
(Public key is the same?)

I am a lil confused with this wallet...  Grin

Yes, it is in that form "BURST -____-____-____-_____"

Guidedog

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:04:49 PM

is there any way i can buy burst with real money?
xizmax

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:08:10 PM

Not directly (at least I don't know of a way unless you trade directly with someone who has Burst)

You can buy BTC then trade BTC for Burst on some exchanges like bittrex and poloniex

Guidedog

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:12:37 PM

Not directly (at least I don't know of a way unless you trade directly with someone who has Burst)

You can buy BTC then trade BTC for Burst on some exchanges like bittrex and poloniex

Ah... ok then. Thanks
mczarnek

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:17:53 PM

You saying cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, aren't real money?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Guidedog

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:19:55 PM

no. my english is not good. Im saying government money. Of course cryptocurrencies are real money, that's why im in to it.
xizmax

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:22:40 PM

no. my english is not good. Im saying government money. Of course cryptocurrencies are real money, that's why im in to it.

Smiley no problems mate, mczarnek is just pulling your leg a bit. The phrase used in cryptoworld for government money is "fiat"

Also, glad to see that trust score changed mczarnek Smiley

0bert

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:23:27 PM

I am using 1.2.0

Thx to xizmax!  Wink Will give updates about mining... or asking again maybe first.   Grin
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 10:41:10 PM

I believe miners will loose their earnings if pool is lagging, right?

If it's loose, put some glue on it.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
Cryptock

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:53:55 AM

Burst holding up, hopefully we can see 200 sat

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Pages: « 1 ... 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 [840] 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: