Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:03:57 PM

Block explorers stuck, that .de pool not paying in a timely manner, what is going on?  Huh

https://block.burstcoin.info is NOT stuck
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:18:10 PM

Block explorers stuck, that .de pool not paying in a timely manner, what is going on?  Huh

https://block.burstcoin.info is NOT stuck

Thanks man! I like how it translates the Burst prices into $, and the overall the design of your site is top notch Wink
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:40:23 AM

my pool pays, look in your wallet not in the stuck blockex!

also i switched the link to https://block.burstcoin.info, so you can see the payments in this blockex.
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:56:23 AM

Sold all burst coin. I'm out.
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:33:56 PM

Good, you probably sold some of those to me.  I'm in.
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:01:08 PM

Good, you probably sold some of those to me.  I'm in.

Grin

I understand this coin is in transition now, but assuming something happens at some point Burst is an amazing buy at this price.  People who don't realize that haven't been around long enough or aren't very good investors.
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:45:12 PM

File-Sharing via Burstcoin could quite 'easy' be done.

The Usecase:
- You uploaded files to Usenet or File-Hosters or FTP or whatever ... and optional protected them by password (rar/zip).
- Now you want to 'sell' this files for BURST.

The Solution:
- Create a new account with optional accountInfo (Name and description) about the files that are provided by this account. (for example a tv-show season)
- Send encrypted messages to this acccount, containing the download url and the password for the download (e.g. one for every episode of the tv-show)
- Offer the download in Market and finally provide the password of the above created account to anyone that buys it. (Could think of AT that does it automated ...)
- The customer can now access the account, decrypt the messages and access the files.

Notice:
This could be simplified for users by writing a special client that just uses the burst server api. (no need to access the wallet)

Advanced:
A encrypted message can contain ~1kb of data, a special client for File-Sharing could use JSON as format for different kinds of data-info stored encrypted in the blockchain ...
e.g. usenet-download, hoster-download (upload.to etc.), ftp-download etc. in detail the needed data differs a bit.

However, i currently think of (and started to implement) such a file-sharing client based on burstcoin blockchain ... this is no decentralized storage, but could solve the problem to receive micropayments for uploads.

Edit:
Burst already has a build in decentralized storage with encryption ... you can store 1kb data for 1 burst in a encrypted message, thats 1000 burst for a MB, quite cheap at current burst prices :-)  Sure, we need a little software to split a file in pices (if needed) and send the needed messages. On the other side collect messages and rejoin the parts back to a file. Just a theoretical case ofcause, mass usage is not possible at max. 255kb in 4minutes. But hey, if you want to give your files a higher prio, just pay more for your transactions :-)

There is quite a lot, that could be implemented using the burst server api and ATs, even without wallet updates within near future ... be creative!!

This one is amazing. If you or someone else can implement it, it will be huge thing. I don't care of burstcoin price. IMO lower is better to buy more Smiley I want price drop to 1 satoshi Cheesy

Stay tuned, i'm currently working on something like that, as plugin for wallet (copy in html folder),
using: GWT (http://www.gwtproject.org/) and Browser File-API (http://www.w3.org/TR/FileAPI/) along with BURST Server-API (https://wallet.burst.city/test) ...
In addition to the quoted above, it will be possible to select a image, convert it into a thumb and store that in the blockchain (for a few burst) ... yes that would be a real decentralized storage, even if the amount of data is quite limited.

I could need some help with AT ... would this work:
- at-account has a encrypted message
- at-account receives money from money-sender account
- at-account decrypts the message
- at-account sends content of decrypted message ... encrypted to money-sender account

FrilledShark

Activity: 617

I am the signed message, without I am not

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 04:54:04 PM

File-Sharing via Burstcoin could quite 'easy' be done.

The Usecase:
- You uploaded files to Usenet or File-Hosters or FTP or whatever ... and optional protected them by password (rar/zip).
- Now you want to 'sell' this files for BURST.

The Solution:
- Create a new account with optional accountInfo (Name and description) about the files that are provided by this account. (for example a tv-show season)
- Send encrypted messages to this acccount, containing the download url and the password for the download (e.g. one for every episode of the tv-show)
- Offer the download in Market and finally provide the password of the above created account to anyone that buys it. (Could think of AT that does it automated ...)
- The customer can now access the account, decrypt the messages and access the files.

Notice:
This could be simplified for users by writing a special client that just uses the burst server api. (no need to access the wallet)

Advanced:
A encrypted message can contain ~1kb of data, a special client for File-Sharing could use JSON as format for different kinds of data-info stored encrypted in the blockchain ...
e.g. usenet-download, hoster-download (upload.to etc.), ftp-download etc. in detail the needed data differs a bit.

However, i currently think of (and started to implement) such a file-sharing client based on burstcoin blockchain ... this is no decentralized storage, but could solve the problem to receive micropayments for uploads.

Edit:
Burst already has a build in decentralized storage with encryption ... you can store 1kb data for 1 burst in a encrypted message, thats 1000 burst for a MB, quite cheap at current burst prices :-)  Sure, we need a little software to split a file in pices (if needed) and send the needed messages. On the other side collect messages and rejoin the parts back to a file. Just a theoretical case ofcause, mass usage is not possible at max. 255kb in 4minutes. But hey, if you want to give your files a higher prio, just pay more for your transactions :-)

There is quite a lot, that could be implemented using the burst server api and ATs, even without wallet updates within near future ... be creative!!

This one is amazing. If you or someone else can implement it, it will be huge thing. I don't care of burstcoin price. IMO lower is better to buy more Smiley I want price drop to 1 satoshi Cheesy

Stay tuned, i'm currently working on something like that, as plugin for wallet (copy in html folder),
using: GWT (http://www.gwtproject.org/) and Browser File-API (http://www.w3.org/TR/FileAPI/) along with BURST Server-API (https://wallet.burst.city/test) ...
In addition to the quoted above, it will be possible to select a image, convert it into a thumb and store that in the blockchain (for a few burst) ... yes that would be a real decentralized storage, even if the amount of data is quite limited.

- at-account sends content of decrypted message ... encrypted to money-sender account

Edit: If everyone uploaded a image to the block chain the blockchain would become huge, and that could make it very hard to run a local wallet for new users.
Also When does bytebank payout?
If it's dead could the owner buy back the asset full price or for a reduced amount?

Not very active. Please use PM or email to get a reply from me.
High value lender – Within 24 hours, I can fund your 10 BTC loan. Give me 48 hours and 20 BTC will be ready.
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:18:00 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 05:31:24 PM by luxe

If everyone uploaded a image to the block chain the blockchain would become huge, and that could make it very hard to run a local wallet for new users.

Transactions per block are limited and data per transaction is limited ... blockchain can only grow within its parameters (max: ~90MB day / ~30GB year) ... you want us to make no transactions to keep the blockchain small? It would be very good for burst, if all available transactions would be 100% used ... even if the demand is higher than available ... that would increase transaction fees (mining rewards) ...
pilscoop

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:30:26 PM

Is it safe to mine Burst on a laptop? Or can I get my HDD toasted or something?
FrilledShark

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 07:34:41 PM

If everyone uploaded a image to the block chain the blockchain would become huge, and that could make it very hard to run a local wallet for new users.

Transactions per block are limited and data per transaction is limited ... blockchain can only grow within its parameters (max: ~90MB day / ~30GB year) ... you want us to make no transactions to keep the blockchain small? It would be very good for burst, if all available transactions would be 100% used ... even if the demand is higher than available ... that would increase transaction fees (mining rewards) ...

I know that 100% usage of the bursts transactions would benefit Burst, but if the blockchain would grow with 30GB/Year you would have a bigger blockchain then bitcoin after only 2/3 a single year.
I support what you are doing, it's a nice way of adding more features to burst, but it's going to make it harder for new people to join.

On a laptop, the HDD is smallere, which means that the drive need to spin faster and have higer usage. Then a HDD get used, laptop or not, it will have a chance of dying. Laptop HDD have higer usage (spins faster) and will age faster then a desktop, which add up to a greater chance of the HDD dying faste,. but A laptop have lower power drain so it can be more profitable if you mine on laptops.
TL:DR, The HDD will get used more and that will make it age faster. It's safe but less recommend then doing it on a desktop.

High value lender – Within 24 hours, I can fund your 10 BTC loan. Give me 48 hours and 20 BTC will be ready.
Irontiga

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:47:45 AM

GWT looks sweet Cheesy

No, an at account can not decrypt a message, or at least I don't think it can, as it doesn't have a passphrase.If it did everyone would have to know it, making it useless anyway.
Irontiga

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:49:28 AM

I know that 100% usage of the bursts transactions would benefit Burst, but if the blockchain would grow with 30GB/Year you would have a bigger blockchain then bitcoin after only 2/3 a single year.
I support what you are doing, it's a nice way of adding more features to burst, but it's going to make it harder for new people to join.

On a laptop, the HDD is smallere, which means that the drive need to spin faster and have higer usage. Then a HDD get used, laptop or not, it will have a chance of dying. Laptop HDD have higer usage (spins faster) and will age faster then a desktop, which add up to a greater chance of the HDD dying faste,. but A laptop have lower power drain so it can be more profitable if you mine on laptops.
TL:DR, The HDD will get used more and that will make it age faster. It's safe but less recommend then doing it on a desktop.

I mine with a laptop, using another laptop HDD hooked up through USB. Haven't had any issues.

@ByteBank payouts, well, bytebank is discontinued, and buy back order is at 5k (sell price). If there isn't an order atm, just wait, i'll get crowetic onto it.
haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:17:11 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 03:40:25 AM by haitch

@ByteBank payouts, well, bytebank is discontinued, and buy back order is at 5k (sell price). If there isn't an order atm, just wait, i'll get crowetic onto it.

@FrilledShark - I've put up a buy order for 450K Burst worth of ByteBank, which will cover all outstanding ByteBank assets, feel free to sell your holdings of the asset into it, I'll sort it out with Crowetic.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:59:00 AM

A fully utilized Bitcoin Blockchain would grow at around 1TB/week, or around 150GB/day. Fully utilized Bitcoin blocks are unlikely to happen, and likewise fully utilized Burstcoin blocks are also unlikely to happen. At full utilization of the blockchain the size of the Bitcoin blockchain would increase at around 1666x the pace of the Burstcoin chain.

Look at realistic usage rather than the extreme end use cases.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
FrilledShark

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 01:15:23 PM

I mine with a laptop, using another laptop HDD hooked up through USB. Haven't had any issues.

Well, There is no problem in doing it, but the lifespan of a laptop HDD is lower

A fully utilized Bitcoin Blockchain would grow at around 1TB/week, or around 150GB/day. Fully utilized Bitcoin blocks are unlikely to happen, and likewise fully utilized Burstcoin blocks are also unlikely to happen. At full utilization of the blockchain the size of the Bitcoin blockchain would increase at around 1666x the pace of the Burstcoin chain.

Look at realistic usage rather than the extreme end use cases.

H.
Yeah i know, but a huge blockchain does not benefit bitcoin or burst. I can't say what realistic usage would look like, but a huge blockchain  dose not benefit. That said i still support what you guys are doing.
Btw, thanks for creating that buy order.

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:36:21 AM

Later on we might need a lightweight client developed for BURST.
Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:51:23 PM

Later on we might need a lightweight client developed for BURST.
It seems pools are disappearing.  Besides Burst.ninja which other pools are devoted to burst. Which assets are involved with the current pools that have closed?

burst.mininghere.com is still active:
BURST.MiningHere.com
Pool balance: 81,921
Registered Miners: 568
Active Miners: 558

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:05:13 PM

Pool.burstcoin.de
Cobra98

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:09:59 PM

Pool.burstcoin.de

Site not working anymore. I've been mining there since learning how to and read last night in the chat box he was closing it down.
Pages: « 1 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: