What makes a site "good" in your opinion?
Rate the following 8 features from most important to least important:
* design (safe-dice looks pretty)
* house edge (satoshidice has 1.9% house edge, most have 1%)
* speed (some sites have very fast betting)
* provable fairness (can they prove that the rolls are fair?)
* reputation (will the site let you withdraw if you win?)
* crowd-fundedness (can you invest in the bankroll?)
* community (is there chat? is it good?)
* novelty (do they offer anything different like range bets, jackpots, etc.?)
This is my opinion:
1. reputation = this is above all else. If the site or operator is reputable, chances are, the other immediate factors will just follow. All other features don't matter if no one trusts you or your site..
2. provable fairness = even if it is provably fair, reputation ranks higher. This helps, and is a given actually. You can't run a site now that is not provably fair. At least for players.
3. design, speed, novelty = I'd lump this together. raffles and lottos are slow. dice are fast. animated table games with nice graphics are in between.
4. crowd-fundedness = some people like to gamble on the other side.
5. community = some people like to participate in chats, promotions, contests, brag how much they won, whine how much they lost.
6. house edge = for all sites under 3% or under 2.5% house edge, the differences are ... well, it depends on the players and / or investors. Investors like higher house edges, players like lower house edges, but if the casino is not making profits, they risk closing.
If the house edge is higher than 3% or 5% or 10%, then it might matter to some players. But between 1% and 1.9% ... While that is a decision left to the operators, and while it does indeed mean double, ... again, in my opinion the other factors contribute more. The house edge only matters when it is too high, and by too high, I mean higher than 3% or higher than 5%, depending on the game.