Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GAP] Gapcoin - Prime Gap Search - New Math Algo - CPU / GPU - Zero Premine  (Read 286846 times)
djz8484728474

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 11:57:39 AM

*snip*

I am looking for the commands to start the GPU, I got the AMD kernal installed........

The next gapcoin.club guides will be for GPU mining, an advanced guide for cloud mining (security), compiling the GUI for ubuntu 16.04 LTS and a how to for Gapcoin on Tor.

If you look back in the thread there are some settings / commands for GPU mining.

As much as its great to have the Gapcoin network (and mining) fully decentralized at present, we are going to need a pool or two up and running to stand the best change at hitting a world record prime gap.

My main focus at present is a new working pool, some basic promo and outreach to the mathematics / academic communities.

Interested mining pool operators and developers are welcome to PM me.
great work.
i want advanced guide for cloud mining (security).
that is cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UsernameNumber7

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:05:33 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2017, 11:52:49 PM by UsernameNumber7

For
 Economy probably the most realistic solutiion would be to start a LLP
offshore company in Antigua (just joking) that offers customized sifts
and hash rates for N.A.S.A. and or others to break encryptions.  

Now you might seem like I am anti-encryption, I am not I am anti weak
encryption and if we can break the current system we can force it to
move to higher standards than the current extremely weak ones of today.  

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"
YomKi

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:47:50 AM

For Economy probably the most realistic solutiion would be to start a LLP offshore company in Atigua (just joking) that offers customized sifts and hash rates for N.A.S.A. and or others to break encryptions. 

Now you might seem like I am anti-encryption, I am not I am anti weak encryption and if we can break the current system we can force it to move to higher standards than the current extremely weak ones of today. 

Was this just a general comment on life, or do you believe finding large prime gaps to be relevant to this?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 04:13:02 PM

I've just run some numbers on the approximate cost of generating 1 GAP against avg. electricity prices and hardware etc., and based on CPU mining at the current difficulty level (against a BTC price of more than $1000) 1 GAP coin should really have a min. value of no less than around 500 satoshi's.

Anyone selling at less than 500 satoshi either has free hardware and/or free electricity, or perhaps mined / accumulated a lot after the pool closed down, or before the first block halving etc., GPU mining wouldn't of made that much difference.

Its all relative, although something to think about.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 05:22:33 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 05:35:12 PM by BitcoinFX

Is there a way to see the overall activity?

About 2 weeks ago the rate of record results on the Gapcoin page went up dramatically, and has stayed that way.  The overall number of Gapcoin records had been falling by about 100/month since January (that is, the number of gaps found were not enough to keep up with the amount of records broken by others), but since then it has been able to keep up and even gain a little.

I looked at the coinia stats page on the first post, and it doesn't seem right.  BitCoinFX reports one of his machines generates 15M pps.  That exceeds coinia's "networkprimeps" number for most of this year.  It's reporting a current value of about 22M pps, which implies there are only a couple machines running, which doesn't seem right.  It shows 500 new accounts every day, and one would think they might actually run something.

TBH it takes a while to get up to full speed across all the rows. Although, I don't think that the 'true' pps value is being reflected here.

What I do know is that these are (more or less) the optimal CPU settings for finding the most blocks with my system, using the Chinese Remainder Theorem to speed up mining with the 512 large shift.

If this community gets more organized and we have a couple of new pools running with tons of generic CPU miners to push the difficulty up + solo miners running the CRT then we could smash the record.

The CRT miner did not exist when the pool was running at full-tilt. If a pool can be set-up to accept shares of differing shifts on different ports then this will be very interesting!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:17:14 AM

If Jonn9 doesn't show up to do some editing, we should also start a new thread that we/you can control and edit information as it becomes available for the first page. 

And use your website as well, as the old one while it still works. 

But list as much relevent of the old information as possible.................

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:15:39 AM

It seems for Debian/Gnu the GPU does not build from Github, I read further back and Jonn9 never released it, only a windows version and a linux.zip.  I tried the GPU commands for ./gapminer no luck, I think for it to work I need the execute inside ./gapminer-gpu to fire up my Nano card.

Obviously I have no problem CPU mining this as the reward self-regulates, but if we want to break records we need working GPU mining and "working" GPU instructions.  Reading through this thread is pretty harsh, not missing much, starting a new thread couldn't hurt.

I find that most of this "culture" revolves around secret untold ways for people to master as their greed takes hold over them, designed this way by the digital organ harvest masters. 

Happy Sabbath GapCoiners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I buried 1.1 Million G.A.P. never to heard from again........................................and I will continue burning more till the rooster crows, or the fat lady sings........................

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:08:23 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 08:02:49 AM by UsernameNumber7

Bitcoin / Development & Technical Discussion / Re: Bitcoind x86
binary for CentOS    on: August 03, 2010, 09:05:08 PM
Quote from: sgtstein on August 03, 2010, 05:30:37 PM

I have successfully built it with 4.8, 4.7 never would but with 4.8
bitcoind locks up whenever it dumps the initial block download to disk.
Undecided

"I urge you not to use BDB 4.8.  The database/log0000* files will be
incompatible if anyone uses your build and then goes back to the
official build." ~ Satoshi

Here is a good example of a small piece of what is going on shaping
mental designs.  Their likely end game is to so thourghly destroy this
space with fraud and thefts and crime that people will demand their
other government run micro-chip blockchains.....................

Enter the Dragon - End Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unfPOkaedD0

"Rememeber the Enemy only has images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives, destroy the image and you will break the enemy"

BetterOldCoins

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:17:30 PM

If Jonn9 doesn't show up to do some editing, we should also start a new thread that we/you can control and edit information as it becomes available for the first page. 

It would be good to have a thread with the gapcoin.club website on the original post and which fx could update. J0nn9, like a lot of devs, seems to have burnt out on doing 100% of the work, but everything still seems to work well. The most important thing is to have a page that shows all the records, including realtime the latest ones.

UN7 and FX and YomKi, all of you seem to have a lot of tech knowledge, maybe this coin can live.

Look at how primecoin is rising and then look at the primecoin website http://primecoin.io/ Same Riecoin http://riecoin.org/updates.html They are all good coins but gap might be the better of the three.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 11:35:26 PM

Gapcoin now has 5 8 addnode=.onion addresses for connectivity via the Tor network.

addnode=gapjxn4tu4gxmqxv.onion
addnode=gapqwfoecvhkoifb.onion
addnode=gap2nsvhispcyuw3.onion
addnode=gapr7miih6qnvpa5.onion
addnode=gapjp4zaoxeefepi.onion
addnode=gaptbn4uyvv7ln7d.onion
addnode=gap5eiwtcw35ympv.onion
addnode=gapxnu2mgche3y7v.onion

If you want to connect Gapcoin via Tor, then here is a gapcoin.conf client example;

Code:
listen=0
daemon=1
server=1
port=31469
rpcport=31397
rpcuser=gapcoinrpc
rpcpassword=YOUR_RANDOM_GAPCOIN_RPC_PASSWORD
proxy=127.0.0.1:9150
maxconnections=8
onion=127.0.0.1:9150
addnode=gapjxn4tu4gxmqxv.onion
addnode=gapqwfoecvhkoifb.onion
addnode=gap2nsvhispcyuw3.onion
addnode=gapr7miih6qnvpa5.onion
addnode=gapjp4zaoxeefepi.onion
addnode=gaptbn4uyvv7ln7d.onion
addnode=gap5eiwtcw35ympv.onion
addnode=gapxnu2mgche3y7v.onion
addnode=45.76.140.157

Note that the Tor Expert Bundle uses SOCKS port 9050 instead.

You can just connect the wallet via the Tor Browser Bundle (although it is not really advised for privacy as it will potentially effect the anonymity of browsing, but it will work). Instead you should use and configure the Tor Expert Bundle.

Tor (torrc additions) client only for TBB, example;

Code:
ClientOnly 1
SOCKSPolicy accept 127.0.0.1/8
LongLivedPorts 21,22,706,1863,5050,5190,5222,5223,6523,6667,6697,8300,31469

Note that you obviously need to start the TBB first (and keep it open / running) and then start the Gapcoin wallet. The reverse being correct for shut down.

LongLivedPorts is the 'default' TBB / Tor ports list + Gapcoin port 31469 - the default ports list is present to help ensure that the client does not stand out.

This information will be added to the new gapcoin.club website in due course along with a more up-to-date copy of the Gapcoin_blockchain.zip - however a fairly recent copy is available from cryptochainer.com

- http://108.61.216.160/cryptochainer.chains/chains/Gapcoin_blockchain.zip

We now have 8 dedicated addnode=.onion's for Gapcoin

- https://gapcoin.club/downloads/gapcoin.conf.tor.txt

Two of the nodes are running as public Tor Relays;

- gapcoinclub0 - https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/ECB19658A16F608C8ED7B3AE44720ADE76AF063B
- gapcoinclub1 - https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/7584319D0E19DAE85621223E2A22F92123EAB815

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 11:51:58 PM

It would be good to have a thread with the gapcoin.club website on the original post and which fx could update. J0nn9, like a lot of devs, seems to have burnt out on doing 100% of the work, but everything still seems to work well. The most important thing is to have a page that shows all the records, including realtime the latest ones.

UN7 and FX and YomKi, all of you seem to have a lot of tech knowledge, maybe this coin can live.

Look at how primecoin is rising and then look at the primecoin website http://primecoin.io/ Same Riecoin http://riecoin.org/updates.html They are all good coins but gap might be the better of the three.

Indeed. Work is continuing behind the scenes (at a slow pace due to having other commitments).

We can probably look to start a new thread once the website is upgraded with some more content.

If anyone wants to help support the project and the new infrastructure then donations / contributions are welcome here:

- gapcoin.club - GAP - GfPgFXmuH1XFTBtjHcVH1Bju4SbaeqWYeR
- gapcoin.club - BTC - 177yXWw8RhG94ThYdYnjT3kb8E7kjR4gMP

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:11:36 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 04:22:14 PM by UsernameNumber7

There

is a large contingent that feeds off of new "developers" and holds lots

of hardware to mimick growth or reality on shortwave lengths, into what
is essentially a hi-jacked project called Bitcoin.

Convincing someone to invest into a computer to specifically task to
generate something is asking alot.  Most people even though computers
are mass produced in China most Americans cannot devote enough power
into the "game".  Their Cell Phones getting hijacked by cell towers
collecting data is the most they are used to using computers.  Not that
 I don't imagine them intelligent, but taxed into submission.  

Most outlets available today do not at all provide any benefit to the
average person.  Now who is to judge which intelligence should dominate
culture?  I do not wish to be the judge and I do not agree that
Capitalists choose to further their version of intelligence over all
others.  It iis not like the best shall win (they will eventually), when
 90% of the rest have a Tax Gun to their heads forcing the flow
 away from themselves into anothers schemes.

It is completely understandable that the USA and maybe Europe have a
digital version of slavery that which goes on in 3rd world countries.
 No one ever expects anything out of Asia in regards to Freedom.
 The illusion that the top %1 to %10 percent will lift all the boats
beneth the ship of the nation is probably the stupidiest line of
reasoning hatched out of some kindergarten crayon economics class.  Only
on paper does the USA exist as a 1st tier or 1st world nation.  In
reality on the ground it is not much different than anywhere else, that
is run down and Tattooed up.  Certain aspects still operate out of necessity, but so do
they also in 3rd world countries as well, even Venezuala.  

I can clearly see the games played here trying to propritorize and
patent certain aspects for new projects to angle a better audience and
stash of cash or stash of bitcoins. It is what it is, and probably not
much different than anything else going on in the world at the moment.
 The Secret Service and FBI have hordes of Bitcoins to disrupt any
projects and infiltrate to preserve their currency dominance.  
The uniqueness of Bitcoin was not lost on them, and their hatred is evident if you look close enough.

The other main theme that a core of people tried to hi-jack Satoshi
claiming Bitcoin is Anon and start the new crypto-currency version of what Tor has become, due to it being able to connect through Tor early on
 in Version 0.2.0.  

Of which Satoshi correctly wished to have no part of
taunting the powers that be with such language.  Now it seems every new project
attempt has to insert such language of taunts? It seems more like a controlled
delivery by the DEA of some hard drugs on this forum everyday?  It does
not surprise me that the FBI honeypot division would set up their
mal-ware shop on Bitcointalk Ann threads..................

Take your time is my point BitcoinFX if you wish to skip all that, AMD
Naples new server chips is what I recommend someone to build as a new
computer to mine with.  

BitcoinFX you are the senior member so it's your show.  I am gonna do
what I can, hacking the hardware side.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

Good to see there is still talking in here. I should give some time and read what has been written over the previous couple months.

Is the coin being traded somewhere? A block explorer?
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:36:12 PM

Its being traded on cryptopia. Blockexplorer can be found here I think : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gap/

I was wondering why this community thinks nowadays there is still room for a coin searching for prime numbers or in this case the difference in prime numbers when there is so much innovation in the crypto scene since this coin was launched?
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:41:03 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 07:43:23 PM by UsernameNumber7

G.A.P. provides the opportunity to hack lots of hardware and G.A.P. is customizable easily for hacking purposes wheras the other prime number engines are not.  Primecoin higher rate one makes you pay a fee for a proprietary wallet to mine with.  

Riecoin is not customizable but is hoged up so much there is no room to experiment.  

Primegaps is much more insteresting than building a prime number blockchain, at least to me.

I disagree that there is "innovation" going on in this space, however there is tons of speculation and money managers moving into it organizing their defences.  Which I have also decided to set up shop here, but what if they succeed and take out G.A.P.?  Well they might get rid of me, but I will likely just skip a small gap and pop up ahead of them elsewhere.............seems like BitcoinFX is a good old hand to steer the ship as well.  

Most of the so called "innovation" revolves around different schemes to launder money more effectively for the Secret Service and DEA to hide any hordes they collect.  It's bad business for them when they get caught from Silk Road basically running the joint.  They  don't want to get caught again, so they dump stores of bitcoins into any ideas that "developers" they can latch onto to make for them.  Throw in the "private" investors who also share the same ideals and goals and we arrive to today.  

Look forward to the JamesWeb Telescope soon.  

AAA-Autonomous Astronauts Association is a possibility to openly declare G.A.P. to assist.  But obviously not project wide but for any organized group within G.A.P. to do so.  It is basically and open source project system for aspiring Astronauts.  

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:59:32 PM

I need a intelligent force to translate this into 9.2 Bitcoin core to be applied to Gapcoin............thank you and 5000 G.A.P. to anyone who can. 

I tried but there are too many iterations at one time to change for my abilities currently.   But I might be the one who does it and keep my G.A.P.  nothing like incentivizing myself.....

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9319

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 12:20:21 PM

Hello, is this coin still up? Dev didn't on since long time

For people who been following kindly give some information thanks
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:01:45 PM

Hello, is this coin still up? Dev didn't on since long time

For people who been following kindly give some information thanks

What kind of info do you need? It's all in this thread.
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:48:42 PM

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/9319

(This won't work yet just rough draft)

Line=Line

Src/init.cpp

Gap/Bitcoin

500=874
501=875
618=1112

Src/net.cpp

Gap/Bitcoin

606=624
1556=1634
1729=2171
1771=2253
1805=2284
1454=1839
1431=1799
1422=1784
1312=1635

src/net.h

Gap/Bitcoin

224=635
139=537

sync.h

238=267

src/rpcnet.cpp

134=156

Could be mistakes but I think that might help more than not for rough estimate.  

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:46:45 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 12:06:07 AM by UsernameNumber7

well I apoligize, Bitcoin does compile and build under Gnu/Debian.  

However using a GNU operating system and trying to use the debian repository from Debian does not however build on GNU.

I was successful in using Github to build Bitcoin only using Free Software............I don't have time to examine Debians package

And the SSL Cert builds only up to March 2016 for Gapcoin, but it is still 1 year better than the windows Gapcoin build.  

I am not sure why it would not build using the most up to date certificate.  

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: