Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GAP] Gapcoin - Prime Gap Search - New Math Algo - CPU / GPU - Zero Premine  (Read 286844 times)
UsernameNumber7

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:34:18 PM

Wallets
 won't change unless you change databases..................Using Gapcoin
 as the 2d bridge to the 3d Quantum world.

You don't want to enter Quantum computers without a strong fall back
base.  It will help a lot with error correction and logic gates if you
can build your own Quantum Logic Gates using Prime Gaps to
directly generate Quantum systems from Gap blockchain. 

The Quantum operations could just be ported off the blockchain for security much like the NSA uses DPI (deep packet inspection) tools.    

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 01:19:29 PM

... with an increased network hashrate and difficulty - blocks with higher merits will be found automatically.

" if the difficulty reaches 35.4245 38.07, every block will be a new world record:

You can say with good certainty that if the difficulty reaches 38.07 almost every block will either produce a new record or beat an old record of some length?  

add
My first inclination would be to try and have a landing page that spells out the benefit of having more people on the network, then send targeted traffic to the page, like per mil ads in science journals. Would be a cheap campaign and might lead to a vast effect. I am probably not going to do that, but if somebody with an interest in math who wants to learn about advertising wants to try I might chip in a little for ads.

Also, from your link I see the 17th highest merit ever prime gap was found by Gapcoin. But also there is one person on the list Dana Jacobsen who has some skill in finding high merit gaps. Eventually, if the coin gets more organized, it may be wise to see if somebody like that knows something that can sharpen the algorithm.

It is a matter of computational certainty.

Dana Jacobsen - https://github.com/danaj

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:00:46 PM

Would be incredible to get that person to take a look at all of the math and science coins and suggest tweaks to the algorithms.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 04:05:15 PM

Would be incredible to get that person to take a look at all of the math and science coins and suggest tweaks to the algorithms.

I've dropped Dana Jacobsen an email to gauge if they might have any interest in helping with the Gapcoin project.

- https://archive.org/details/danajacobsennumbertheory - print "Just another Perl hacker,";
- who also codes in C, C+GMP and is somewhat legendary in this field, I'd imagine.

TBH I have collated a database of university math / science depts, ready to be contacted as we progress, hopefully.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

I've dropped Dana Jacobsen an email to gauge if they might have any interest in helping with the Gapcoin project.

- https://archive.org/details/danajacobsennumbertheory - print "Just another Perl hacker,";
- who also codes in C, C+GMP and is somewhat legendary in this field, I'd imagine.

TBH I have collated a database of university math / science depts, ready to be contacted as we progress, hopefully.

If you can make a bounty wallet I'll contribute a small amount. Maybe ask that person to just take a brief look at the code and see if there is any obvious way to make an improvement. There is a chart on one of the linked pages that shows a bunch of different algorithms for finding primes, or something, so efficiency seems to be a focus. Maybe even ask if he/she will look over the other math/science coins algorithms briefly, xpm, ric, grc, etc and look for obvious mistakes the original devs might have missed. I have some grc so if you make a bounty wallet in gap and grc to induce experts I'll donate a little bit to start. Maybe a small part of the gap bounties you collect can be used to selectively offer faucets on university math websites.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:29:35 AM

If you can make a bounty wallet I'll contribute a small amount. Maybe ask that person to just take a brief look at the code and see if there is any obvious way to make an improvement. There is a chart on one of the linked pages that shows a bunch of different algorithms for finding primes, or something, so efficiency seems to be a focus. Maybe even ask if he/she will look over the other math/science coins algorithms briefly, xpm, ric, grc, etc and look for obvious mistakes the original devs might have missed. I have some grc so if you make a bounty wallet in gap and grc to induce experts I'll donate a little bit to start. Maybe a small part of the gap bounties you collect can be used to selectively offer faucets on university math websites.

PM sent.

Also,

Gapcoin Club Tor nodes have been upgraded to either Tor 0.2.9.11 or 0.3.0.8

- https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-0308-released-fix-hidden-services-also-are-02429-02514-02612-0278-02814-and-02911

"Source code for a new Tor release ( 0.3.0.8 ) is now available on the
website. Among other things, it fixes two issues in earlier versions
of the hidden service code that would allow an attacker to cause a
hidden service to exit with an assertion failure."

Gapcoin Club Tor nodes can be found here, if anyone needs them;

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.msg18512899#msg18512899

Yes, Gapcoin has more genuine Tor nodes than the recent and 2nd incantation of "Torcoin".  Cheesy

... and GAP is also helping with research for tornull.org - as mining Gapcoin (even on single core instances is mostly above BE) helping to self-fund the nodes, some of which are also Bridges!

Math + Science + Research and yet most folks on this forum would still seemingly rather invest or support 'vapour-ware' ICO's  *shrugs*  Huh

wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:56:51 PM

Please help if gapcoin is still somewhere trade? I have some mined coins long, I would gladly get rid of them, if they are worth anything else  Cool

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:16:34 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 02:32:29 PM by BitcoinFX

Please help if gapcoin is still somewhere trade? I have some mined coins long, I would gladly get rid of them, if they are worth anything else  Cool

- https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=GAP_BTC
- https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=GAP_LTC

- https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_GAP/
- https://novaexchange.com/market/LTC_GAP/

Wish I could visit my 2010-2011 self to say "you might want to keep just a few of those" !

Disclaimer: This post does not constitute financial advice.

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:11:05 PM

Please help if gapcoin is still somewhere trade? I have some mined coins long, I would gladly get rid of them, if they are worth anything else  Cool

Agree with FX.

This coin  is probably as good a coin as you'll find to hold on to.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 10:39:34 AM

Still actively seeking a developer that we can work with and continuing to contact existing pool operators for a new pool.

Also contacted CoinExchange.io to enquire if they might add Gapcoin (GAP) ...

support (at) coinexchangeio.freshdesk.com

Hi Gapcoin Core Team,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We would require your source code (preferably on Github) and a square logo to add your coin to Coinexchange.io

There is a 0.25 BTC fee for new coin additions.

New coins are added within 24 hours of payment.

While not essential we would also appreciate the link to a block explorer for your currency.

If you are interested and would like to proceed please let me know and I will send you a payment address.

Alternately let me know if you have any questions prior to making a decision.

Sincerely,
CoinExchange.io Support Team

Within the next month or so I will be commencing with a development fund for Gapcoin also incorporating some mining contracts for investors in the project. Shares will likely be issued via coinprism - https://www.coinprism.com/ - Open Assets Platform.

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:22:18 PM

Goodluck BitcoinFX we will need it..........

If we can get to 30 million Primes per second we would hit a big goal long term if we can maintain it.

Investments are getting squeezed everywhere not much left to squeeze out of some projects for profit, The Federal Reserve seems to have hooked up the bubble in the stock market with Digital Currencies to make sure in a crash they both fall together at least in their minds, which couples with their other line of fraud ICO's and spamming fake crypto projects to dilute energy systems from the Bitcoin eco-system.

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:27:28 PM

Goodluck BitcoinFX we will need it..........

If we can get to 30 million Primes per second we would hit a big goal long term if we can maintain it.

Investments are getting squeezed everywhere not much left to squeeze out of some projects for profit, The Federal Reserve seems to have hooked up the bubble in the stock market with Digital Currencies to make sure in a crash they both fall together at least in their minds, which couples with their other line of fraud ICO's and spamming fake crypto projects to dilute energy systems from the Bitcoin eco-system.

30 million new primes a second from the prime seeking coins is a long way off probably, years, but when that happens gapcoin would probably need an entirely different kind of algorithm, since by then there will be visible patterns in gaps that can be used to find new gaps.
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:22:42 PM

This is quite nice project, I see from others, my friend have send me (cause other were just shitcoins I think Tongue).
This is quite good ideas to search for prime gap numbers.
Is there any pool - I would mine it with it happily.
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:22:21 PM

No need for a pool, solo mine is perfect right now.............It would have to be 5 times higher Mining rate for a pool. 

If you are going to build your own Wallet from source I posted instructions on page 78.

Ubuntu/Trisquel works, Opensuse does not work, well I got it to compile but it would not launch the wallet.

Debian would "probably" work as would Linux Mint which is Ubuntu.

Distrowatch.org 

Once you compile and or set your hardware configurations using BitcoinFX recommended way

setgenerate true (total number of treads minus 1)

4 core 8 thread CPU would be Setgenerate true 7

8 Core 16 thread CPU would be Setgenerate true 15

If you have only 4 or 8 cores just use all of them Setgenerate True

Hung_Daddy

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:01:04 PM

This is quite nice project, I see from others, my friend have send me (cause other were just shitcoins I think Tongue).
This is quite good ideas to search for prime gap numbers.
Is there any pool - I would mine it with it happily.

can someone explain to me what this prime number searching is? I'm a bit confused
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:56:44 AM

Confusion is a "Generic Type"

What is causing your confusion?  Is that G.A.P. is not real expensive to acquire?  Or you can't grasp the techncal specifications for it's "Utilities"?

State where you are blocked and than maybe or maybe not someone can help. 

My guess is you have not done any research, to ask an intelligent question, which is fine and to be expected.  But even amateurs can make broad stupid questions to get a rise of someone. 

bonosurgut

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:58:36 AM

No need for a pool, solo mine is perfect right now.............It would have to be 5 times higher Mining rate for a pool. 

If you are going to build your own Wallet from source I posted instructions on page 78.

can you post instruction for windows solo mining ?
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:24:47 AM

We see some pump going on cryptopia, is there any development going? Some individual or team are making something with gapcoin to make more useful?
elionu

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:59:30 PM

Still lack of volumes but seems something is boiling
elionu

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:02:12 PM

little pulse of volumes maybe is coming alive........
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: