Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:20:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes that should not be listed as "Lending"  (Read 119576 times)
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:02:44 AM

You can't make much money that way when there are functioning exchanges and you're not producing a product. In fact, you are much more likely to lose money.

[...]

So manipulations have to be much more subtle to have even a chance of working. You have to gradually push the market to convince a large number of other people that the "natural price" is something other than what it would be if not for your manipulations. And the reason this won't work is because there are a number of well-financed people who are too smart to fall for this. It only takes one to make you lose more and more as you try to move the price at a loss and split the gain more and more as you try to take profit as it goes back. Since there are several, this is just not going to work.

Really?  Sorry for the off topic followup but take a look at what DeBeers or OPEC or ATT  or any other famous monopoly / market maker has done.  You don't have to convince anybody what a "natural price" is..  if you have bought all the cheaper items, then anybody who wants an item has to pay the higher price no matter how smart they are. 

In theory anyway.. market maker theory which seems unlikely to be widely published for similar reasons to the fact that cutting edge crypto isn't immediately published.  In any case, a topic for another thread because I doubt its related to these high yield investments. 

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:33:35 AM

new addition for the list?

"What am I doing with the coins?" 
If I was to provide a simple answer like buying 50 BFL singles and going mining, or putting 10,000 coins into XYZ asset on GLBSE then there wouldn't be much science in that and it would ruin the market that I am looking at.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=100913

I believe the Pirate Ship is going to sink before I have the 10+ hrs to research every iteration of the PPT's on GBLSE and every "I'll pay you unreasonable% per week" thread - although I think I am close, just needs more grooming of the list.  After those are done then it's time to investigate all the questionable mining bonds and the obscure scams that don't fit those categories.  After BCST goes boom, this low-level scammery will die down after the entire community sees the damage done.  I'll bet new rules / categories will be created.  I will look into Patrick's thread.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:40:37 AM

new addition for the list?

"What am I doing with the coins?" 
If I was to provide a simple answer like buying 50 BFL singles and going mining, or putting 10,000 coins into XYZ asset on GLBSE then there wouldn't be much science in that and it would ruin the market that I am looking at.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=100913

yay - I'm famous.

Good job and congrats on the new venture PatrickHarnett.

The free advertising is definitely a win for the Starfish!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=38896;sa=showPosts

yikes it seems like these shill and/or pro-Ponzi accounts are also big in the mining threads.  I will bet even money some of the mining bonds are dirty.  These are going to be much harder to prove when compared to this giant obvious Ponzi because there is in fact an underlying business unit that will likely make at least some money.  The most transparent mining bonds with updated stats and verifiable blockchain payments from mining pools should be the standard.  I have not looking into even 1 mining bond yet so I have no clue what I will find.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:37:42 AM

You didn't respond last time but it fits again
you say words like investigate, but never like... show up with any results

Seriously, if you have anything else other than 1) "you don't know therefore ponzi" or 2) "omg 7% therefore ponzi" it would be good if it wasn't buried under those two piles of crap

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Clipse

Merit: 502

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:49:30 AM

Im convinced now Micon is simply Trolling his own thread for higher page rankings.

Everyone with half a brain should just stop posting on this thread to kill its google rankings so that Micon doesnt get his stiff on every day googling himself. Im done posting here, Good day sir.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 02:34:15 PM

What is pirate and shills' response to http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243200/bitcoin-ponzi-schemes-savings-and-trust?

I like the quote by Gavin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sKx6lhxM_8
Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 02:40:34 PM

Im convinced now Micon is simply Trolling his own thread for higher page rankings.

Everyone with half a brain should just stop posting on this thread to kill its google rankings so that Micon doesnt get his stiff on every day googling himself. Im done posting here, Good day sir.

Are you capable of writting a post without personal attacks?

Try it (unless for some reason you follow your own advice).
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:13:12 PM

What is pirate and shills' response to http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243200/bitcoin-ponzi-schemes-savings-and-trust?

I like the quote by Gavin:

Good advice that I expect will be widely ignored: only invest in what you know.

So-called high yield investments are (almost?) always dressed-up Ponzi schemes. If you "invest" in them then please lick your wounds quietly when they implode. And if you're one of the lucky few who make money on them, don't expect me to admire your investing wisdom, any more than I'd admire the number-picking brilliance of a lottery winner.

(my emphasis)

Aside: Thank you shills, for helping me sharpen my Perl web-parsing skills!

Bitcoin itself is a high yield investment (relative to other currencies), so according to you it's a ponzi?

Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:26:23 PM

So-called high yield investments are (almost?) always dressed-up Ponzi schemes. If you "invest" in them then please lick your wounds quietly when they implode. And if you're one of the lucky few who make money on them, don't expect me to admire your investing wisdom, any more than I'd admire the number-picking brilliance of a lottery winner.

(my emphasis)

Bitcoin itself is a high yield investment (relative to other currencies), so according to you it's a ponzi?

In what possible sense is bitcoin an HYIP?
Bitcoin is just a means of exchanging capital, it has no returns structure whatsoever. Stop trying to confuse the issue.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:40:13 PM

You do understand that HYIP is an abbreviation standing for High Yield Investment Program right? Firstly high is (highly Wink) subjective. Second of all, all other things being equal (risk among other things) high yield investments are better than low yield investments. The term HYIP does not imply scam at all, it is merely an indicator of the yield on the investment.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:41:29 PM

(my emphasis)

In what possible sense is bitcoin an HYIP?
Bitcoin is just a means of exchanging capital, it has no returns structure whatsoever. Stop trying to confuse the issue.

In term of real wealth, bitcoin is a high yield investments (for now at least, and yes, with no garantee whatsoever). It does yield wealth to buy bitcoins.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:45:06 PM

Nah Bitcoin yields nothing. 1 BTC == 1 BTC forever. It's just the amount of purchasing power (often expressed in monopoly money) that changes. While this is significant (to actual people) it does not imply yield.

I'm quite sad my wage keeps dropping every day Sad (denoted in BTC)
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:53:42 PM

Nah Bitcoin yields nothing. 1 BTC == 1 BTC forever. It's just the amount of purchasing power (often expressed in monopoly money) that changes. While this is significant (to actual people) it does not imply yield.

I'm quite sad my wage keeps dropping every day Sad (denoted in BTC)

Yes I understand that what I said was poorly phrased, sorry about that. I didn't want to be misleading.

Yes, that's why I'm searching for a job that pays in bitcoin, but that's hard to find at the moment Cheesy
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 08:25:29 PM

If anyone is certain pirate is running a ponzi and wants to bet BTC100,000+ against him, PM me.  I have an idea.  You must be willing to risk large amounts of BTC.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:28:47 PM

If anyone is certain pirate is running a ponzi and wants to bet BTC100,000+ against him, PM me.  I have an idea.  You must be willing to risk large amounts of BTC.

I hope the idea is "Pay 6% until Pirate collapses" to lure away enough Pirate capital to break him.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
gene

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:24:20 AM

I hope the idea is "Pay 6% until Pirate collapses" to lure away enough Pirate capital to break him.

All Ponzi schemes eventually collapse. Interesting how quiet it's gotten lately.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
Coin.Karma

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:14:22 PM

this was the fastest from 0 to bullshit thread on this forum, and you have become forum history again by creating and supporting the death of one of the best opportunities that could have hit you guys given the limited intelligence you survive with, haha cheers micon and gang.....
drakahn

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:19:35 PM

Team Ponzi should all be labelled as such, (maybe a dumbass tag?) - That way we know not to believe the FUD they spout

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 07:34:03 PM

Pirate's not paid everyone back yet.. so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:48:24 PM

I just want to see how many people Amit they where wrong and be the bigger person.. And how many act like cry baby's Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: