Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes that should not be listed as "Lending"  (Read 119581 times)
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:51:24 PM

Team Ponzi should all be labelled as such, (maybe a dumbass tag?) - That way we know not to believe the FUD they spout

Miracles first, apologies second.

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 11:13:47 PM

When he does pay everyone back (with interest) will we get a heartfelt appology from Micon and everyone else on team Ponzi?

I will make a youtube video with a straw hat on, a sign that says "I, Bryan Micon, was 100% wrong about the matter of Pirateat40 & Bitcoin Savings & Trust" 

I will then also compose 16 bars into a rap about FUD, and how BurtW was right.  The rap will also touch on inducting Pirateat40 to the BTC hall of fame and will portray Satoshi as a closet cross-dresser from Idaho that makes it big time at Goldman Sachs and recruits some of his friends to start Bitcoin in 2008

I assume you will do the same for me if I am right and you are wrong?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Ponies

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:16:41 PM

BurtW shilling until the very end. Do the other shills have as much heart?
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:24:50 PM

When he does pay everyone back (with interest) will we get a heartfelt appology from Micon and everyone else on team Ponzi?

I will make a youtube video with a straw hat on, a sign that says "I, Bryan Micon, was 100% wrong about the matter of Pirateat40 & Bitcoin Savings & Trust" 

I will then also compose 16 bars into a rap about FUD, and how BurtW was right.  The rap will also touch on inducting Pirateat40 to the BTC hall of fame and will portray Satoshi as a closet cross-dresser from Idaho that makes it big time at Goldman Sachs and recruits some of his friends to start Bitcoin in 2008

Witnessed.

Ilikeham

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:38:41 PM

I assume you will do the same for me if I am right and you are wrong?

Not that I care which way this comes out, however in the event that this DOES come out in Pirate's favour I absolutely need to see this video, so

quoted.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:46:47 PM

Miracles first, apologies second.

is this about the time for the obligatory  "omg guyz, i was just about to make payouts and was using a new computer just for this purpose and i got hacked.  sorries!"
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 11:53:50 PM

1)  It is a mixture of denial and anger that leads to the users who post "Aw man, all this FUD happened so Pirate had to close shop"  - how could this thread prevent the "market arbitrage" from continuing?  did we expose Pirateat40's "secret trading strategy" that if everyone knew about he couldn't make these huge profits?  

1a)  For those just picking this thread up, the Pro-Ponzi group loved the term "FUD" or "Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt" - a term I believe Pirate gave them to label coherent logic about how BCST operates as a Ponzi Scheme.  

2)  Here is what Pirateat40 changed his OP to in this thread --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.0  

Quote from: Pirateat40
After much consideration, I’ve decided to close down Bitcoin Savings & Trust.  

Why?
The decision was based on the general size and overall time required to manage the transactions.  As the fund grew there were larger and larger coin movements which put strain on my reserve accounts and ultimately caused delays on withdraws and the inability to fund orders within my system.  On the 14th I made a final attempt to relieve pressure off the system by reducing the rates I offered for deposits.  In a perfect world this would allow me to hold more coins in reserve outside the system, but instead it only exponentially increased the amount of withdrawals overnight causing mass panic from many of my lenders.

So now what?
I’ve spoken with my clients over the last week and come to an agreement that would allow me to close down my operation within a week.  Currently my reserve (operating wallets) are drained from fulfilling the withdraw spree that happened after the rate drop announcement.  All withdraws at this point will be delayed until Monday when the shutdown process begins..  

At this point I will no longer accept deposits.  Any coins sent into the system as of now will be returned immediately.

When will I get my coins?
Starting Monday I’ll begin systematically closing and withdrawing accounts as coins are transferred.  I don't expect the entire process to last longer than a week. The moment your account is closed you’ll receive your coins plus any interest accrued up to the hour it was sent.

Thanks
I’d like to thank all of my lenders and PPT operators that were a key element in making Bitcoin Savings & Trust a success.  Bitcoin has grown a lot since I started this and want you to know that you were a vital part in helping it grow.

Now, I have a lot of work to do. Stay Tuned

-pirate

BTW, this is all bitlane’s fault.  (j/k you nut)

Again, we are talking classic Ponzi 101.   At the time of collapse, a smart Ponzi schemer will let the marks or "investors" down as easy as possible, stalling for as long as possible to avoid the initial anger and possible retribution from marks who have lost money in the scam.  The excuse as to the closure is almost as hilariously vague as the original description of the BCST scam:

The decision was based on the general size and overall time required to manage the transactions.  As the fund grew there were larger and larger coin movements which put strain on my reserve accounts and ultimately caused delays on withdraws and the inability to fund orders within my system.

Let's dissect this statement:
  • The decision was based on the general size and overall time required to manage the transactions - there exists a BCST website to automatically do the transactions.  Bitcoin has an API
  • As the fund grew there were larger and larger coin movements which put strain on my reserve accounts and ultimately caused delays on withdraws and the inability to fund orders within my system - big coin movements?  put strain on reserves?  inability to fund orders?   vague, lofty language that says nothing of substance.  What are all these coin movements and ability to fund orders anyway?  Pirate never told anyone other than BurtW his investment strategies - why does the fund being too large force it's closure?

and now for the stalling.  And this part is very important to a Ponzi schemer.  The anger some of the scammed "investors" should feel on this day will now be turned into nervousness over the next week, not anger:

So now what?
I’ve spoken with my clients over the last week and come to an agreement that would allow me to close down my operation within a week.  Currently my reserve (operating wallets) are drained from fulfilling the withdraw spree that happened after the rate drop announcement.  All withdraws at this point will be delayed until Monday when the shutdown process begins..  

some vague reasons for not paying all BTC out right now, or at least half, or 25% of what everyone is owed.  Remember his thread is locked and there is almost no way to contact him at this point, save BurtW and Paytob.tc - they likely have contact info but he will stop talking to them soon too.  Maybe then they will give us any info that could lead us to the Dox.  But either way, the After-the-fall-Ponzi-stall is on.

Starting Monday I’ll begin systematically closing and withdrawing accounts as coins are transferred.  I don't expect the entire process to last longer than a week. The moment your account is closed you’ll receive your coins plus any interest accrued up to the hour it was sent.

Yes, starting Monday (not today of course) there will be a closing process.  This process will involve Pirateat40 destroying some Hard Drives, trading BTC for USD & Euro, and booking some plane tickets.  This process will NOT involve the orderly return of BTC funds.  

This is the stall after the fall.  If you are owed $$ from Pirate, a passthrough, a bond, or whatever other fictional vehicle you invested in that is exposed to BCST - it's game over starting now - but you likely won't be angry for a week still because of what the scammer posted.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 11:59:29 PM

Clipse?  Aq?  Psy?  bitcoin.me ?  imsaguy?  

"Silence Lloyd - it's fucking golden" - Ari Gold

Akka
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:00:06 AM

Lets just wait and see what happens and see if Pirate pays.

I'm more curious to see what will now happen to all the lending operations that had "nothing to do with pirate".

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:12:18 AM

Clipse?  Aq?  Psy?  bitcoin.me ?  imsaguy? 

Don't worry, fucker. I have more on Pirate than you earn in 2 years playing poker as a pro.
And what i have in there can be considered chump change.
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:47:29 AM

I'm more curious to see what will now happen to all the lending operations that had "nothing to do with pirate".

^^^^^ This!
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:16:20 AM

Dank Bank shall redeem it.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 01:20:57 AM

Dank Bank shall redeem it.
If pirate does pay everyone back, maybe all of his supporters will dump there coin into the 4.2%/week Dank Bank.  Get ready for millions in deposits.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:25:10 AM

Team Ponzi should all be labelled as such, (maybe a dumbass tag?) - That way we know not to believe the FUD they spout
Ok. I added it to myself voluntarily.

softwareseller

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:39:27 AM

1)  It is a mixture of denial and anger that leads to the users who post "Aw man, all this FUD happened so Pirate had to close shop"  - how could this thread prevent the "market arbitrage" from continuing?  did we expose Pirateat40's "secret trading strategy" that if everyone knew about he couldn't make these huge profits?  

1a)  For those just picking this thread up, the Pro-Ponzi group loved the term "FUD" or "Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt" - a term I believe Pirate gave them to label coherent logic about how BCST operates as a Ponzi Scheme.  

2)  Here is what Pirateat40 changed his OP to in this thread --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.0  

After much consideration, I’ve decided to close down Bitcoin Savings & Trust.  

Why?
The decision was based on the general size and overall time required to manage the transactions.  As the fund grew there were larger and larger coin movements which put strain on my reserve accounts and ultimately caused delays on withdraws and the inability to fund orders within my system.  On the 14th I made a final attempt to relieve pressure off the system by reducing the rates I offered for deposits.  In a perfect world this would allow me to hold more coins in reserve outside the system, but instead it only exponentially increased the amount of withdrawals overnight causing mass panic from many of my lenders.

So now what?

At this point I will no longer accept deposits.  Any coins sent into the system as of now will be returned immediately.

Thanks
I’d like to thank all of my lenders and PPT operators that were a key element in making Bitcoin Savings & Trust a success.  Bitcoin has grown a lot since I started this and want you to know that you were a vital part in helping it grow.

Now, I have a lot of work to do. Stay Tuned

-pirate

BTW, this is all bitlane’s fault.  (j/k you nut)

Again, we are talking classic Ponzi 101.   At the time of collapse, a smart Ponzi schemer will let the marks or "investors" down as easy as possible, stalling for as long as possible to avoid the initial anger and possible retribution from marks who have lost money in the scam.  The excuse as to the closure is almost as hilariously vague as the original description of the BCST scam:

The decision was based on the general size and overall time required to manage the transactions.  As the fund grew there were larger and larger coin movements which put strain on my reserve accounts and ultimately caused delays on withdraws and the inability to fund orders within my system.

Let's dissect this statement:
  • The decision was based on the general size and overall time required to manage the transactions - there exists a BCST website to automatically do the transactions.  Bitcoin has an API
  • As the fund grew there were larger and larger coin movements which put strain on my reserve accounts and ultimately caused delays on withdraws and the inability to fund orders within my system - big coin movements?  put strain on reserves?  inability to fund orders?   vague, lofty language that says nothing of substance.  What are all these coin movements and ability to fund orders anyway?  Pirate never told anyone other than BurtW his investment strategies - why does the fund being too large force it's closure?

and now for the stalling.  And this part is very important to a Ponzi schemer.  The anger some of the scammed "investors" should feel on this day will now be turned into nervousness over the next week, not anger:

So now what?

some vague reasons for not paying all BTC out right now, or at least half, or 25% of what everyone is owed.  Remember his thread is locked and there is almost no way to contact him at this point, save BurtW and Paytob.tc - they likely have contact info but he will stop talking to them soon too.  Maybe then they will give us any info that could lead us to the Dox.  But either way, the After-the-fall-Ponzi-stall is on.

Yes, starting Monday (not today of course) there will be a closing process.  This process will involve Pirateat40 destroying some Hard Drives, trading BTC for USD & Euro, and booking some plane tickets.  This process will NOT involve the orderly return of BTC funds.  

This is the stall after the fall.  If you are owed $$ from Pirate, a passthrough, a bond, or whatever other fictional vehicle you invested in that is exposed to BCST - it's game over starting now - but you likely won't be angry for a week still because of what the scammer posted.

Witnessed

miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:44:07 AM

Astounding. BTCS&T is shutting down. Get off your high horse. Wait and see how the week plays out.

There's more to this saga than Team Ponzi has a handle on. I really want to see Micon's video admission on being wrong. If I'm wrong, it'll be bad enough that I lost my deposit. Funny how having skin in the game changes the perspective.

For now, ten days to closure. Let's see how it plays out.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 01:47:05 AM

I have said all along its personal choice what you invest your coins in and your white knighting wont change a thing. Exactly how am I a shill since I dont run a pirate pass through and post threads such as https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=100064.0

Unlike you Ive never wasted investors money in shady poker deals. BTW how can you pimp out sealswithclubs when online poker is banned in the US ? You even showed yourself playing it on youtube which will be an open and close case for the feds when they come knocking  Cheesy

Don't throw rocks when you're sitting in glass fucking houses.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:55:11 AM

I've been trying to get that message to him indirectly. I guess he's just too dumb to get it.
I bet the FBI loves suckers like him. Slam dunk cases. He goes to jail for life and not even one more smartass trues to do the same.
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:01:40 AM

You even showed yourself playing it on youtube which will be an open and close case for the feds when they come knocking  Cheesy

And you know that kind of bust would include pinning as much crap on Bitcoin as possible. If something like that does happen, the short-sighted boyscout will have done way more harm than good with his rants.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 02:02:28 AM

When I was at uni I worked as a bouncer at one of these places. I can tell you, very little sitting goes on in the average fucking-house. Mostly people are prone, but there are also some slings and hanging straps, and one client preferred to be upside down while being whipped.

No rock throwing, either. That's totally against the rules.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: