Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:55:52 PM

At least 1aguar thinks that the thing he follows is God. So, he is better than the atheists who don't even know (most of the time) that they are making themselves out to be God by their atheism.

Brother, there is only One God; my beliefs qualify as Christian, as you saw MMH admit; there is a simple test:
The Messenger who you follow gave you only ONE Commandment;
No need to deify the messenger when his commandment was as simple as it IS!

I did not admit it's Christian, because you do not believe Jesus saves us. That's not Christian. Following Jesus's 2 commandments is. You do NOT.

Loving the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul is loving Him as your Creator and loving Jesus as your savior. Anything less is breaking it and not Christian.

And Jesus gave 2 commandments, not just one. They encompass the 10 commandments.

Brother, there is NOTHING about a savior or the person of Emmanuel in Jesus' New Commandment. Whether it is one or two does not make a difference, we both know what is meant by the New Commandment.
He said "love one another as I have loved you", not "love one another because I am your savior".
He said "love GOD" and "GOD is within YOU", not "love Jesus, your savior, for I will forgive you".
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:59:49 PM

At least 1aguar thinks that the thing he follows is God. So, he is better than the atheists who don't even know (most of the time) that they are making themselves out to be God by their atheism.

Brother, there is only One God; my beliefs qualify as Christian, as you saw MMH admit; there is a simple test:

I did not admit it's Christian, because you do not believe Jesus saves us. That's not Christian. Following Jesus's 2 commandments is. You do NOT.

Loving the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul is loving Him as your Creator and loving Jesus as your savior. Anything less is breaking it and not Christian.

And Jesus gave 2 commandments, not just one. They encompass the 10 commandments.

Brother, there is NOTHING about a savior or the person of Emmanuel in Jesus' New Commandment. Whether it is one or two does not make a difference, we both know what is meant by the New Commandment.
He said "love one another as I have loved you", not "love one another because I am your savior".
He said "love GOD" and "GOD is within YOU", not "love Jesus, your savior, for I will forgive you".

I'm sorry you feel that way. And stop calling me brother. My profile clearly says I'm female.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:02:07 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way. And stop calling me brother. My profile clearly says I'm female.

hmm, well unfortunately in this community that can only go one of two ways: 1. awkward geeks behind computer screens will start hitting on you. 2. you'll be labelled a scammer for trying to take advantage of said awkward geeks.

i'd leave gender out of it. Wink

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:06:25 PM

hmm, well unfortunately in this community that can only go one of two ways: 1. awkward geeks behind computer screens will start hitting on you. 2. you'll be labelled a scammer for trying to take advantage of said awkward geeks.

They can hit all they like, I'm already taken and will ignore it. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone, as you don't see me asking for any crypto. I don't bring it up to get anything, except hopefully, not being called "brother" and "man" all the time. Wink
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:11:33 PM

They can hit all they like, I'm already taken and will ignore it. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone, as you don't see me asking for any crypto. I don't bring it up to get anything, except hopefully, not being called "brother" and "man" all the time. Wink

fair enough, fair enough. i'm just throwing it out there, half-joking. i've been lurking these forums a long time, and have ample reading experience when it comes to these things. Cheesy

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 07:11:43 PM

Still waiting for 1aguar to prove I am not a god.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
1aguar

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:23:18 PM

It's not that I feel that way; it is what he said or did not say that matters.
The New Commandment relates to your behavior, NOT your belief.
I don't need to believe anything besides LOVE to be a true Christian, for GOD IS LOVE.
You are forgiven of everything by just believing in Jesus?
It is not so for this is NOT the teaching of the New Commandment;
you have to earn your spiritual unity via God's kingdom within you, then you too can say "I and my father are one" and "I am going to the Father".
Ponder it, it is reason, not feeling.

My perspective is based on reason and has support all throughout the Bible; even Paul says "he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law.".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Commandment

And I am sorry for the label, my sister; it is only a general term like "Man", "prophet", "Father", "Son", etc.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:37:44 PM

It's not that I feel that way; it is what he said or did not say that matters.
The New Commandment relates to your behavior, NOT your belief.
I don't need to believe anything besides LOVE to be a true Christian, for GOD IS LOVE.
You are forgiven of everything by just believing in Jesus?
It is not so for this is NOT the teaching of the New Commandment;
you have to earn your spiritual unity via God's kingdom within you, then you too can say "I and my father are one" and "I am going to the Father".
Ponder it, it is reason, not feeling.

My perspective is based on reason and has support all throughout the Bible; even Paul says "he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law.".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Commandment

And I am sorry for the label, my sister; it is only a general term like "Man", "prophet", "Father", "Son", etc.

Np. But I notice all of those general terms denote males. "woman", "prophetess", "mother", "daughter", etc. Wink

But the thing is, I keep telling you that Jesus said the only way to the Father was through the Son, but you don't believe that means you have to believe in Him as the savior. The bible talks about sacrifices to get clean from sin...why do you think they sacrificed animals to the Lord?
1aguar

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:01:52 PM

But the thing is, I keep telling you that Jesus said the only way to the Father was through the Son
And I keep refuting this point of view by telling you that it is merely an interpretation (as explained in StackExchange and Phoenix Journals), and it is not part of the core teaching which is called the New Commandment. He came to show us the path, but his being was not that path; it was his Oneness with God that was significant.

but you don't believe that means you have to believe in Him as the savior. The bible talks about sacrifices to get clean from sin...why do you think they sacrificed animals to the Lord?

I don't see anywhere where Jesus referred to himself as a "savior".
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:07:17 PM

But the thing is, I keep telling you that Jesus said the only way to the Father was through the Son
And I keep refuting this point of view by telling you that it is merely an interpretation (as explained in StackExchange and Phoenix Journals), and it is not part of the core teaching which is called the New Commandment. He came to show us the path, but his being was not that path; it was his Oneness with God that was significant.

but you don't believe that means you have to believe in Him as the savior. The bible talks about sacrifices to get clean from sin...why do you think they sacrificed animals to the Lord?

I don't see anywhere where Jesus referred to himself as a "savior".

Why do you think they used to sacrifice animals? Or why do you think they put that into the bible if you don't believe it?
1aguar

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:17:07 PM

Why do you think they used to sacrifice animals? Or why do you think they put that into the bible if you don't believe it?

It may be an allegory related to law and commerce, similar to stories found in the Book of Jasher.
I have not studied it enough to come to a conclusion; I have not read the entire book nor even the parts about animal sacrifice; I focus on the parts of the Bible that do reflect truth, such as the New Commandment and the part about not judging.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:24:54 PM

It may be an allegory related to law and commerce, similar to stories found in the Book of Jasher.
I have not studied it enough to come to a conclusion; I have not read the entire book nor even the parts about animal sacrifice; I focus on the parts of the Bible that do reflect truth, such as the New Commandment and the part about not judging.

If you believe you are connected to the Lord, then ask Him for the truth, (Jesus said He was the truth) and read the OT with an open mind. You may not change your mind, but give it a shot sometime.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:32:42 PM

This thread has turned into why do Atheists hate Religion? to Why don't I just convert you to my Beliefs?
1aguar

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:04:51 PM

This thread has turned into why do Atheists hate Religion? to Why don't I just convert you to my Beliefs?

Why don't atheists use rational thinking when confronted with the evidence?
Same can be asked of fundamentalist Christians.

In other words, why do atheists prefer to explain away observations by making up stories without any evidence?
Perhaps they are unaware of truth, or they are closed-minded, so they lash out against religions, which try to teach truth, but usually fail.

Quote from: MakingMoneyHoney
Jesus said He was the truth
The Christ way is the truth, he is our example; he is not our savior or else he would have said as much, repeatedly.

Quote from: MakingMoneyHoney
read the OT with an open mind.
Why not read Phoenix Journals with an open mind? It is all in plain English with no allegory, including the true teachings of Jesus about karma and reincarnation, and you will not be misled by Pharisees if you ask God within for the truth. "Seek it and ye shall find".
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:16:51 PM

In other words, why do atheists prefer to explain away observations by making up stories without any evidence?
Perhaps they are unaware of truth, or they are closed-minded, so they lash out against religions, which try to teach truth, but usually fail.

what is this "truth" you speak of? are you saying there is some kind of universal truth? how would you (or anyone) be able to recognize it as such?

generally, religions, too, make unprovable assumptions about existence and of "truth." is lashing out against them unreasonable?

my approach is to be skeptical of anything that is unprovable, unknowable. by definition, since human perception is subjective, that is virtually all knowledge.

in other words, to be either a theist or an atheist is a nonsensical position to me.

ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:32:58 PM

1. malice : they are with the devil.
2. greed : they want to impose their own religion.
3. stupidity : they are "blind" to the light.

Why not read Phoenix Journals with an open mind? It is all in plain English with no allegory, including the true teachings of Jesus about karma and reincarnation, and you will not be misled by Pharisees if you ask God within for the truth. "Seek it and ye shall find".

I am becoming quite a fan of the game : finding pharisee on teevee...
and to be sure : pharisees, those that speak in lies, naturally, ie mother tongue (and no it's not a disease).
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:48:07 PM

I follow the mailman once in a while. When his brake lights go on, I get the message.

I use caution.

Do you forget so quickly that Emmanuel told us "do this and thou shalt live"?
Thank Goodness that He followed His own instructions, since you don't follow them.

So, all that is required is to follow the Law; strive for perfection in this regard and you shall live.
Now, now. He didn't say "follow." He said "do."

Do you so easily forget the passage which says "meditate upon God's Law day and night" and thou shall be blessed?
Notice that, that passage doesn't say the way in which you will be blessed. Here it is. You will be blessed because you will see that you are NOT doing the things that you meditate on perfectly as is required. When you see this, you will look for life in a different way. You will find life in the only One Who kept the Law perfectly, Jesus the Messiah/Christ. Thus you will be blessed by meditating on the Law.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg12495336#msg12495336.

So, all that is required is to know the Law; strive to understand your duty and you shall be blessed.
What? Now you are saying "know," when above you said "do." Make up your mind, will you?

Purity and perfection of intent is what is required in God's Law; humans will always "break", and this was always known, but a man with a kind heart has a pure intent and he is blessed and shall live.
If you break the Law, your intent isn't kind and pure enough for God.

By the most salient accounts, my God is the same as yours, we only have a few disagreements:
Such a thing is only for God to determine in the final analysis.

If I say that "God" includes Jesus of the Bible, and you say that God doesn't, how can we have the same God?

the terrorizing of the child Isaac by a God who IS LOVE
the part about God adding to the Gospels because they were incomplete the first time around
the part about God writing the NT in the first place, and inspiring all of those authors
the part about the Pharisee Saul being a righteous person who accurately taught the Christ path
God's teaching of karma and rebirth, rather than the teaching of the Pharisees (resurrection)
and also the part about a "savior", one who is viewed as an authority figure (rather than a teacher and a way-shower, one who should be emulated, not deified), who allegedly mediates your interaction with God (despite teaching that God's kingdom resides within YOU).
Oh, and also the POSSIBILITY that God may well have sent MESSENGERS JUST AS PROMISED.

Throw the Kid under the bus, if you haven't thrown the Baby out with the bath water long ago.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:58:16 PM

Whoever enters through Jesus will be saved - John 10:7-10:
Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Read completely this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg12496552#msg12496552.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:07:06 PM

what is this "truth" you speak of? are you saying there is some kind of universal truth? how would you (or anyone) be able to recognize it as such?

generally, religions, too, make unprovable assumptions about existence and of "truth." is lashing out against them unreasonable?

my approach is to be skeptical of anything that is unprovable, unknowable. by definition, since human perception is subjective, that is virtually all knowledge.

in other words, to be either a theist or an atheist is a nonsensical position to me.

In the science religion, there are a few real and true laws. Three of these laws that prove the existence of God when combined are:
1. Cause and effect, otherwise known as action and reaction;
2. Universal entropy, with nothing known to the opposite;
3. Universal complexity, with no known source of the complexity.

Nobody says that an atheist need follow or dig into any religion, not even the religion of science. Hopefully the atheist will live long enough and become mellow enough that he will want to find out what the truth is before it is too late for him.

Smiley

figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:16:39 PM

In the science religion, there are a few real and true laws. Three of these laws that prove the existence of God when combined are:
1. Cause and effect, otherwise known as action and reaction;
2. Universal entropy, with nothing known to the opposite;
3. Universal complexity, with no known source of the complexity.

Nobody says that an atheist need follow or dig into any religion, not even the religion of science. Hopefully the atheist will live long enough and become mellow enough that he will want to find out what the truth is before it is too late for him.

Smiley

how can you prove cause and effect? you can only prove that we can perceive an effect. this says nothing about universal truth or knowledge. similarly, human perception of "time" is inherently flawed with subjectivity---how can we ever know or prove entropy? finally, "complexity" is not prima facie evidence of anything (certainly not intelligent design or anything similar)

from an epistemological perspective, these are just buzz words.

Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: