Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:22:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821055 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 03:28:52 AM

what happened to the 30+dapps that were supposed to be announced last week? did i miss them? are they any good? or was it all lies?

Yeah it was to pump eth and turned out to be lies. They may be taking the time to migrate to etc
? lol wow you change your mind fast dont ya

So truth is it was lies...thank you Roll Eyes

Pretty much eth is a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:32:30 AM

what happened to the 30+dapps that were supposed to be announced last week? did i miss them? are they any good? or was it all lies?

Yeah it was to pump eth and turned out to be lies. They may be taking the time to migrate to etc

so are you  Cheesy

I know dude, like that one time he rolled back transactions to save his buddies from losing cause they cant code for shit, then had some bipolar episode with some crazy hat bullshit, right after he decided he was a legend named Robyn hood...and then to steal people's money? SSHHIIIIIIIITTTTT! BIGGEST SCAM EVER RIGHT THERE. I bet he wishes he could roll it on back lol
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:23:51 AM

In my opinion those dapps do not really matter. Who was the guy on twitter that posted the news? Is he known in the Ethereum community?

Anyway those dapps are probably small independent ones that will not really make any impact on the platform, ETC or ETH. But I could be wrong so please enlighten me.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:51:53 AM

You know, you guys are hilarious, slapping each other with kippers.

@bitpop - pump did say he would stay away from this thread if you did the same. Seems like you don't want that to happen for some reason. Also if you're going to try and throw a scam attack at least make it more than a one liner.

@pump I generally support etc but carry on winding these guys up, it's hilarious Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
Ruhtilg

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Totally. Eventually it may be the way to go, in its current state no way. Look at every pos coin ever. Devs and friends sell off the stake until the price is not even worth mentioning. More than that it's a matter of principle, miners kept the chain alive, kept the hash up and kept etc relevant when it could have flatlined , we need the miners. Without them this isn't going to play out like everyone hopes. Alot of my friends around here are miners and so am I, no mining they will just move on then your at the mercy of traders shills and pumpertits

The ETH might live after changing to pure PoS. But ETC might not. It is better for it to be PoW for much longer and becomes more established.
agrs

Activity: 896
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:37:58 AM

Totally. Eventually it may be the way to go, in its current state no way. Look at every pos coin ever. Devs and friends sell off the stake until the price is not even worth mentioning. More than that it's a matter of principle, miners kept the chain alive, kept the hash up and kept etc relevant when it could have flatlined , we need the miners. Without them this isn't going to play out like everyone hopes. Alot of my friends around here are miners and so am I, no mining they will just move on then your at the mercy of traders shills and pumpertits

The ETH might live after changing to pure PoS. But ETC might not. It is better for it to be PoW for much longer and becomes more established.

pow+pos classic
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 09:06:09 AM

LOL @bitpop
You even deleted this?:
Jeezes... you really are the worst that ever happend ETC.

Deleted:

@bitpop is a troll trying to bring the price of ETC and ETH down it seems.
Thats atleast what he's been doing for weeks now.

How much of this thread is deleted? 30%? 50%?   Maybe even more.

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 09:09:29 AM

can someone give me a link to ETC richlist asap

http://unforked.info/home OR http://blocks.elaineou.com/home especially

its a glaring inconsistency that we can't search whats going on wrt to this ownership

--

--
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 09:37:22 AM

what do you think about the bitcoin meeting where only very few core bitcoin core developer and only a few of the biggest bitcoin miners were invited? Do you think bitcoin is getting more and more centralized? And what do you think about ethereum and the hard fork? I think that bitcoin and ethereum are going to become more and more centralized because of the economic model behind them. Bitcoin is deflationary so the people who have the most money will be rich in bitcoin too. And in ethereum it is similar.  In both systehms there are no mechanism to prevent that rich people get richer without producing something usefull for the people like food, produkts or work for the people. Bitcoin is like gold and ethereum is like oil the only diffrent is that bitcoin and ethereum are virtuell so it is not like gold or oil it is not real. It is not doing something good for the people and it doesn't support people who do something usefull like producing food. Those systems are only for the richt. The poor can't profit from those systems. Yes transferring money is going to become cheaper with bitcoin and smart contracts are going to make machines going to be more independent. Bitcoin is a store of value really? You shouldnt store your money in bitcoin you should invest in your local community so the money circulates this is why money is nice because money is only alive if it moves. And why is ethereum inflationary? Does it make sens? Why does ethereum not have a negative interest instead of a inflationary system. If it would be negative interest the money would be easier to control. It would be easier because you could vote who will get the money. the money which get in there would always stay the same. In an inflationary system the economy has always to expand which is not good for enviroment. In an system with a negative interast and a fix ammount of money the exconomy doesen't have to get bigger it only can get faster and more efficent. The circulation speed of money is the key of economic success.

Some valid points, the biggest thing about ethereum is pos at least bitcoin doesn't pay the people with the most even more money..., those dev/white black Robyn hood buterin foundation people holding the most, they will be the ones who get the majority of the stake from pos. People haven't caught on to that yet. PoS coins don't work, Crypto is about mining, alot of other stuff too but pow is a must for this to work.

This is a great analogy. Although, I think POS is going to be more energy efficient and faster, but only in mass adoption scale. Someday.

PoW is empirically verified and has ecological validity, i.e it has proven to have worked.  PoS on the other hand is still experimental.  Moreover: there are new emerging types of PoW.  Proof of Capacity for instance (PoC), which is very energy efficient to the extent you can mine with a smart phone.  This will allow Ethereum Classic to extend into underdeveloped countries like in Africa, Asia, South America.  The current direction of ethereum classic is PoW/PoS Hybrid.  
(Dash has just become PoW/PoS Hybrid.  If you stake 1000 Dash, you get to be a validating node and earn revenue from transactions )
If we offer both we will attract supporters of both

How we will build Ethereum Classic?

Decentralised Communication & Society
Decentralised Law
Decentralised Production of Goods, Services & Energy
Decentralised Monetary System

just to add some thoughts:
law:
executive, legislative and judicative have to be separeted and independend.  

as we can see where it leads to, in the ETHfork case, if it is in the vitims or in one hand.

about POS vs POW or what the community will decid.

i understand why miners at the moment see the importanc of there work as very high and for sure it is. but as the crypto grows this will change. massadaption. to make it a fair system where every one has same value in a vote. we need to find a solution taht pays the miners for what they do now for the system and will keep them an income in the future. but i belive in the future people on cells and tablets or watches will mine.

pow/pos is surely a good compromis till the masses are ready .

i dont think pos is posible at the techniqucal standart we have at the moment.

ayiphelmy
Copper Member

Activity: 416
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:44:20 AM

etc dev is collecting money from stupid pumper LOL LOL LOL
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:57:20 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 11:20:28 AM by greenuser

what do you think about the bitcoin meeting where only very few core bitcoin core developer and only a few of the biggest bitcoin miners were invited? Do you think bitcoin is getting more and more centralized? And what do you think about ethereum and the hard fork? I think that bitcoin and ethereum are going to become more and more centralized because of the economic model behind them. Bitcoin is deflationary so the people who have the most money will be rich in bitcoin too. And in ethereum it is similar.  In both systehms there are no mechanism to prevent that rich people get richer without producing something usefull for the people like food, produkts or work for the people. Bitcoin is like gold and ethereum is like oil the only diffrent is that bitcoin and ethereum are virtuell so it is not like gold or oil it is not real. It is not doing something good for the people and it doesn't support people who do something usefull like producing food. Those systems are only for the richt. The poor can't profit from those systems. Yes transferring money is going to become cheaper with bitcoin and smart contracts are going to make machines going to be more independent. Bitcoin is a store of value really? You shouldnt store your money in bitcoin you should invest in your local community so the money circulates this is why money is nice because money is only alive if it moves. And why is ethereum inflationary? Does it make sens? Why does ethereum not have a negative interest instead of a inflationary system. If it would be negative interest the money would be easier to control. It would be easier because you could vote who will get the money. the money which get in there would always stay the same. In an inflationary system the economy has always to expand which is not good for enviroment. In an system with a negative interast and a fix ammount of money the exconomy doesen't have to get bigger it only can get faster and more efficent. The circulation speed of money is the key of economic success.

Some valid points, the biggest thing about ethereum is pos at least bitcoin doesn't pay the people with the most even more money..., those dev/white black Robyn hood buterin foundation people holding the most, they will be the ones who get the majority of the stake from pos. People haven't caught on to that yet. PoS coins don't work, Crypto is about mining, alot of other stuff too but pow is a must for this to work.

This is a great analogy. Although, I think POS is going to be more energy efficient and faster, but only in mass adoption scale. Someday.

PoW is empirically verified and has ecological validity, i.e it has proven to have worked.  PoS on the other hand is still experimental.  Moreover: there are new emerging types of PoW.  Proof of Capacity for instance (PoC), which is very energy efficient to the extent you can mine with a smart phone.  This will allow Ethereum Classic to extend into underdeveloped countries like in Africa, Asia, South America.  The current direction of ethereum classic is PoW/PoS Hybrid.  
(Dash has just become PoW/PoS Hybrid.  If you stake 1000 Dash, you get to be a validating node and earn revenue from transactions )
If we offer both we will attract supporters of both

How we will build Ethereum Classic?

Decentralised Communication & Society
Decentralised Law
Decentralised Production of Goods, Services & Energy
Decentralised Monetary System

just to add some thoughts:
law:
executive, legislative and judicative have to be separeted and independend.  

In a centralized society yes,  but decenteralized?  Ok, the people will decide the legislative aspect with a social contract and a model of governance in a decenteralized fasion. However, judicative can also be decenteralized and decided upon by the people.

Some intesting work has already been done with this Crowdjury consept:

Quote: "You may be wondering about enforcement or ramifications of a guilty verdict on Crowdjury. Of course, having a guilty verdict recorded in the blockchain would be damaging to an individual’s personal or commercial brand, but enforcement extends beyond that.  Sharing economy platforms (think: AirbnB and Uber) are becoming commonplace, and Crowdjury is a tool that could help maintain justice in that type of transaction. Imagine a form of “smart contracting”, in which a platform for business transactions could be linked to Crowdjury, and any transaction automatically cancelled and refunded following a guilty verdict. Even national, state and local governments could incorporate Crowdjury into their own processes in order to reduce costs and increase transparency. The idea of enforceable, online justice is hard to imagine, but that reality may not be as far off as we think."  End Quote:
Ref:  http://www.impactbeacon.com/federico-ast-making-justice-accessible-for-all-with-crowdjury/

Moreover, if we don't do it with Classic, the establisment and banking sector will and they will do it with ethereum.  Smart Contracting is not just about money, it is also about law. i.e Smart Legal Contracts

as we can see where it leads to, in the ETHfork case, if it is in the vitims or in one hand.

We all know that there was no democracy involved here,  anyone could  vote multiple times thanks to EF.

about POS vs POW or what the community will decid.

i understand why miners at the moment see the importanc of there work as very high and for sure it is. but as the crypto grows this will change. massadaption. to make it a fair system where every one has same value in a vote. we need to find a solution taht pays the miners for what they do now for the system and will keep them an income in the future. but i belive in the future people on cells and tablets or watches will mine.

pow/pos is surely a good compromis till the masses are ready .

i dont think pos is posible at the techniqucal standart we have at the moment.

Like i say, all eyes on Dash to see if they can make a hybrid model work.
All eyes on Burst to see if they can make PoC work.

Intersting times, intersting debate  Wink

@usukan this is the problem when you launch a coin before making plans to launch a coin.  But this is what we have to work with ATM, things will get better.

Grahnite

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

DeepOnions for the WIN!

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:15:54 AM

How can anybody have any trust for the ETH Foundation left? I am all in on ETC. I really hope it grows and prosper. Good luck to everybody working on ETC.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ShooterXD

Activity: 924

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:20:56 AM

Etfh Just keep making faults.
I cant understand how people keep trusting on this.

Maybe only smart investors getting profit

hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:27:42 AM

How do we withdraw mined ETC from supernova pool?

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 11:30:48 AM

Eth has no trust left

vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:31:10 AM

my account, edit account , cash out. you'll need your pin
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:37:00 AM

PM "ocminer" it's his pool, he is very helpful

ayiphelmy
Copper Member

Activity: 416
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:43:16 AM

Eth has no trust left
i can't trust u too until etc make a progress
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 11:44:29 AM

Eth has no trust left

Well, thats not correct.

ETH devs arent trolling like a 12 year old.

Sadly.. ETC is run by kids, thats why its not getting any traction.

Many people had hopes for this.. but you and these other whining kids have made sure that never happens.
You still believe trolling in the ETH thread makes ETC looks good?

Here's a tip for you. Before you post, think "What would my dad think, and invest in after this post".
That should probably help you out a lot.

Yesyes.. i know this one will be deleted like MOST of the posts in this thread.
Just a shame.... "immutable" my ass.

ShooterXD

Activity: 924

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:52:48 AM

Go in edit acc, scroll down, then u go find a place to put ur address

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: