Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:23:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 [829] 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
Malek17

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:24:36 PM

This coin is brilliant but in order to succeed,

listing on coinmarketcap must be in MBYTE or KBYTE

https://www.coindesk.com/weathering-altcoin-shitstorm-investing-next-one/

"It seems ridiculous to say, but the cheaper the asset, the greater the chance of a return. And when I said cheap, I'm not referring to a fundamental measure of value like a value investor would (P/BV, P/E, etc). I'm referring to its price.

A chart of returns over the past seven days paints this picture. There's a direct negative correlation between the price of the token and return. It's scary, but it's unfortunately true."

"Investors trying to find fundamental value are ripping their eyes out. XRP, with legitimately zero fundamental usage (see below), just passed BTC in diluted market cap."

unfortunately I have to agree with you, which means guys in charge of changing this are acting stubbornly. but on the other hand, this is not for tony to decide. it's not his choice, exchanges and CMC should be contacted individually for this change to happen.
it won’t happen before Tonych agree to the Idea,exchanges is the easiest part hopefully Tonych will break his silence either agree or don’t agree to the Idea and put an end to it

he did. Tony said on reddit it's never going to happen. At which point I finally gave up :|
well that's good to hear there is an end to it,can you post a link where  he said that in reddit so every one stop talking about changing to MB  and move one

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
konigilya

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:36:27 PM

Omg. Bought that for 217$  100 Byteballs. And today saw price and was like O_O. Change becomes something good. Hodling.
sailthor

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:01:26 PM

Tony, could you possibly apply to list on Binance? https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000822512-Listing-a-Coin-on-Binance-com
They only accept applications from developers of a coin

sprinkles

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:28:19 PM

So is the cat out of the bag now? Been a nice accumulation phase. Shame it didn't last just a little bit longer.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:41:17 PM

May I suggest to leave the GBYTE/MBYTE discussion for a while? Let's not get the Byteball community divided (leave that to Bitcoin) Tongue

I noticed textcoin is denominated in GB too btw. I think the high value of a full GB is fitting for what BB is.
You can easily edit that. In fact, the wallet I used for this is set to bytes, so I entered "10000 bytes". When editing, make sure it's correct, otherwise you'll get a very disappointed (or vary happy!) new Byteball user.

Here is your link to receive 10000 bytes (≈0.01 USD): https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?feel-rural-move-multiply-pyramid-weapon-oppose-loud-biology-joy-click-coconut

Here is your link to receive 0.15 MB (≈0.14 USD): https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?cross-only-fun-swarm-dash-remove-wet-soldier-real-vast-token-swarm

(in case someone wonders: yes, I did get these funds from another text-coin here, just giving some back)

Thanks for the tip, but I can't seem to change it in the mobile wallet. It is set to bytes as a unit, but the message talks about GB.

=P
xylem29

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:55:34 AM

Anyone know if I link my BTC wallets with my Byteball wallet right now, will this set me up for the next distribution or do I need to wait for the announcement?
sailthor

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:02:21 AM

Anyone know if I link my BTC wallets with my Byteball wallet right now, will this set me up for the next distribution or do I need to wait for the announcement?

You will be set up.

deuxmill

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:41:46 AM

You will be set up.

Does it matter if i wait a little longer?
xylem29

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:27:21 AM

You will be set up.

Cheers mate - thanks.

My other question is re: the backups.

For the main asset GBytes, a one time back-up of the seed is sufficient to restore your wallet and your balance correct?

Contrasted with the full back-up option, which is required to be done each time you receive Blackbytes (the private asset) - should we do a full-back up after we spend and receive Blackbytes or only after we receive Blackbytes?

Just found out the linking feature of the byteball wallet via signing a message only works for legacy bitcoin wallets (ie. non-segwit). So I linked my non-segwit account, which has a current balance of zero.

When the next airdrop is announced, all I would have to do is send my BTC from my non-linked to my linked (the legacy one) address and this would be automatically detected by the byteball link bot right? I don't need to do anything else other than sending my funds to the linked address ?

Thanks for all the help!
Malek17

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:34:35 AM

You will be set up.

Cheers mate - thanks.

For the main asset GBytes, a one time back-up of the seed is sufficient to restore your wallet and your balance correct?

Contrasted with the full back-up option, which is required to be done each time you receive Blackbytes (the private asset) - should we do a full-back up after we spend and receive Blackbytes or only after we receive Blackbytes?

Just found out the linking feature of the byteball wallet via signing a message only works for legacy bitcoin wallets (ie. non-segwit). So I linked my non-segwit account, which has a current balance of zero.

When the next airdrop is announced, all I would have to do is send my BTC from my non-linked to my linked (the legacy one) address and this would be automatically detected by the byteball link bot right? I don't need to do anything else other than sending my funds to the linked address ?

Thanks for all the help!
you better wait for an announcement from Tonych about the next distribution and the new distribution methods as you never know distribution to bitcoin holders could be cancelled and replaced by new method
sailthor

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:49:03 AM

You will be set up.

Cheers mate - thanks.

Thanks for all the help!
From the wikipedia https://wiki.byteball.org/backups:
Byteball uses a single extended private key for all wallets, BIP44 is used for wallet address derivation. There is a BIP39 mnemonic for backing up the wallet key, but it is not enough. Private payments and co-signers of multisig wallets are stored only in the app's data directory, so better use the built-in backup function! Go to hamburger menu > settings > full backup, this will create an encrypted and optionally compressed backup file.

Yes. We are not totally sure if the March airdrop is going to happen though, Tony (dev) may change it.

bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:02:39 AM

So is the cat out of the bag now? Been a nice accumulation phase. Shame it didn't last just a little bit longer.

What's the big news?
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:24:42 AM

Version 2.1 released: https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases

* Added ability to send all public assets as textcoins.  Previously it was available only for bytes.
* Added ability to remove the sent textcoins from the wallet, which allows to create paper wallets for cold storage.  The paper wallet is just the 12 words of the textcoin.  After writing it down (and optionally printing as QR code using any QR code generator), you delete the textcoin from the wallet to protect it from online threats.  Later, you can get this money back online by using Claim link on the Receive tab of the wallet and typing the 12 words.  If you don't plan to spend 90% of your balance in the near future, this is a way to keep it safer.
* Added dollar amounts in the texts that come with textcoins.  Those who receive textcoins via email, will have a better idea how much they received.
* Added dollar amounts in the display of wallet balances, transaction history, and fees.  The fees are particularly important.  I saw many people trying to get the dollar value of Byteball fees and almost always they were 2 or 3 zeros off.  The rates are updated from Bittrex and Freebe every 5 minutes.  Hub operators, please update your hubs.
* Fixed the remaining crashes in full wallets

Another small but important update: when a textcoin link is clicked on Android which doesn't have Byteball app installed yet, the user will be automatically redirected to our app on Google Play and the textcoin will be passed on to Google Play, then to the newly installed app, and claimed immediately after the wallet is created.  Which is a very smooth process for new users.

that's the only few coin i think are doing great.

i hope byteball can become as big as iota.

it's a great coin with a great future.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pinstripe

Activity: 35
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:30:26 AM
Merited by LoyceV (2)

The Great ByteBall Name Debate:
What follows is taken from an exchange with some folks on our Reddit, encapsulating the essence of the great ByteBall name debate, and some responses which obviously I feel have value. I present this here in the hopes that it be a bridge to a place where we are all on the same page and moving forward in the most constructive way. My apologies if I seem a bit harsh at times in the larger thread [link below], but some issues have the potential to do us great harm. Especially with marketing efforts. I don't want that to happen. Let's fix things, even if only temporarily until we are a bit further along and much stronger.

Everytime the name or denomination issue comes up, we all pick sides and quarrel with each other. I am just as passionate as you about this outstanding project and I want my (our) investment of time and money to do very well. But, we must understand that Byteball is a huge endeavor with many, many moving complex parts, and the project is very young. It still very much needs to be nurtured. When we look at what has been accomplished in just over a year, who can say it's not breathtaking, but it is not a certainty - most especially if we quarrel amongst ourselves and allow others to distract us with issues that can be framed very differently.

Potential Investor:
There’s no marketing for byteball How come IOTA? How come RaiBlocks? How come everyone else is to the moon but us?
Response:
A shame you can't see how much is actually going around you. There are Translations, Video Fawcets, experiments with Textcoin, email money, paid article placements videos being made, articles being written and promoted and so much more it's hard to keep track. Things also have to be in place first for bigger promotions to have the best effect - I guess you're too focused on the price alone. cmon bro, get involved, do something to help your investment, go make a positive comment somewhere or give a few bytes to a buddy. we all got some work to do.  Things are coming together perfectly. Things often need a bit of time for the pieces to come together just right. Why no moon for us yet? Markets are strange beasts that sniff out uncertainty and act accordingly.

Investor:
ByteBall sounds like BITE BALL. Which normie would put serious money into something that sounds obscene. If in doubt about Byteball name, ask your mum or girlfriend for honest opinion :-)
Response:
If your mum or girlfriend read the Whitepaper (https://byteball.org/Byteball.pdf) (which you obviously have not), they would immediately understand why it's named ByteBall - it's named for what it is - Not so hard to understand. Say it out loud a few times with some good energy behind it. It's a FANTASTIC NAME! It Fits Perfectly!  ... and we don't need normies who think we sound obscene. when they grow up, we will be here.

Investor:
The name isn't just a barrier facing investors, it's also a barrier facing the average potential user. As many such users face the same decision, "can I really say 'how many byteballs?' to my barista / boss / mom," some will understandably choose not to use it. That's a real problem, that's adoption. Good tech is only one piece of usability; network effects of a payment platform is even more important. So while it's understandable that tech comes first, it's also important to realize good branding is a core part of the product itself for consumer products.
Really, they should just hire someone to handle it.

Response:
It has to be understood that the whole "name & denomination as a big problem" thing arose after the price didn't skyrocket like so many other lesser offerings, leaving bewildered supporters to point fingers and quarrel amongst each other. Seriously flawed analysis IMO. The price was depressed for completely different reasons. Community infighting is one of the worst things that can happen to a project such as this - it has the potential to mess things up big time. I've been in marketing my whole life and have seen first hand, over and over, how quickly & easily the right messaging changes peoples perception of things. This young project did not have that aspect properly in place, and communications have also not been optimal - so the issue has festered. I have also seen countless times how infighting can destroy a project. Let's not let that happen here.

It's time for this to change.

With our help, messaging and communications will become more & more sophisticated over time, addressing the concerns of yours and others that the name is somehow sexually obscene.

For example, ByteBall is the platform, Bytes are the currency.
One would say to one's barista / boss / mom, "how many Bytes", will that be Gbytes, Mbytes, or Kbytes? In the same way, ByteBall (the platform) can use messaging that clearly presents it as Revolutionary New Technology, DAG - a "Ball of Bytes" - an astonishingly flexible Platform for Virtual Asset Value Transfer in the Digital Age - in short time there would be no issue at all.

Last thing I want to say is this: I have no doubt whatsoever that an even better name could be conjured, but it is absolutely the wrong time to be having these debates. It is divisive, demoralizing and as counterproductive as anything could be right now, and those things had very little to do with the price - price was governed by entirely different factors, things are not always what they appear to be - at minimum, we need to put this on the shelf for a while. The most productive thing supporters could do right now is to move forward united & engaged in building this amazing thing together. If you are a contributor, your efforts are bringing enormous value to the platform. Thank you! Please shrug off any feelings of low morale you may have because of any divisive issues. Let's do our best work within the structure we currently have - all will work out just fine.

Wonderful things are happening all over the place. We are sitting on a Rocket. Let's get on with what really matters right now.

Reference:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/7pkwc0/wake_up_marketing_rebrand_learn_from_railblocks/
Paltus

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:59:20 AM

I submitted a form to add Byteball to Bit-Z exchange and filled Tonych contacts (public of course).
Anton, sorry for such impudence.

FREE DISTRIBUTION TO BTC HOLDERS         NEW CONSENSUS ALGORITHM
● Byteball ●    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
               REGULATORY COMPLIANT ASSETS               UNTRACEABLE PAYMENTS
Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:01:56 AM

Good stuff Pinstripe! Glad to have you involved  Smiley

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:30:07 AM

Is anyone in contact with jl777 about trying to get Byteball on BarterDEX? jl777 is a major holder of BB, it might take some work, but man, it would be worth it to have atomic swaps for BB with bitcoin clones, KMD, and maybe ETH and erc20 tokens soon too.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16552

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 10:38:05 AM

I noticed textcoin is denominated in GB too btw. I think the high value of a full GB is fitting for what BB is.
You can easily edit that.
Thanks for the tip, but I can't seem to change it in the mobile wallet. It is set to bytes as a unit, but the message talks about GB.
You can (manually) edit it before posting. It's just text.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:18:06 AM

You can easily edit that.
You can (manually) edit it before posting. It's just text.

Ah I see, thanks. Worthwhile to do, I'm trying to turn all my friends, collegues and acquintances into Byteball millionairs =D

=P
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:19:33 AM

I also like a lot the new wallet showing dollar values of GB and assets,will it be possible in future to also add Euros(and eventually other FIAT currencies)?
Multicurrency Values of GB was a good option for the future. I think that is possible, Tonych can use the Coinmarketcap API instead the Bittrex API. I hope he like your Idea... 

It will be possible.  Not a huge priority at the moment though.

Simplicity is beauty
Pages: « 1 ... 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 [829] 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: