Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:45:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 [863] 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
ParanoidLunatic

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:32:43 PM

How do i sign up for the airdrop with a segwit address? They say we cannnot sign messages but I did it just fine for the Bitcoin Rhodium airdrop.

Hey
I don't know actually
what's the heck held your back
from including btc address into future drop distribution list
of byteball? But just wondering why would segwit address opt to acts
as a core reason to prevent you linking btc address into byteball wallet transition system! 
Anyway make sure you
spends little a bit time reading few guidelines to follow for linking address before start of the process!
Here is a great reading
regarding how to linking btc address for participating byteball airdrop's distribution!

https://wiki.byteball.org/airdrop

Thanks!

When I tried to link my segwit (starts with 3) with the transition bot it replied with this:
"Only P2PKH addresses (those that start with 1) can sign messages."
it said i can verify with a microtransaction but i rather use signing messages and dont see why it wouldnt work.

https://f0me.net/
https://www.tipbot.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 06:54:37 PM

When I tried to link my segwit (starts with 3) with the transition bot it replied with this:
it said i can verify with a microtransaction but i rather use signing messages and dont see why it wouldnt work.

It doesn't matter what you rather do.
Your option is to do what the bot says or not do it at all.

You can't sign with a SW address, so you can't do it.

That said, if you want to register by using the signing method, then move your coins to an address that can actually sign messages (legacy / addresses starting with a 1).

ParanoidLunatic

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:19:31 PM

That said, if you want to register by using the signing method, then move your coins to an address that can actually sign messages (legacy / addresses starting with a 1).

This isnt helpful at all and with terrible attitude... Regardless of what i do, devs should try and make their bot work well and should i not report a possible bug? There is no reason signing doesnt work with segwit address.

https://f0me.net/
https://www.tipbot.io/
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:53:30 PM

This isnt helpful at all and with terrible attitude... Regardless of what i do, devs should try and make their bot work well and should i not report a possible bug? There is no reason signing doesnt work with segwit address.
I think it because segwit coin fork. Buy real bitcoins and do what the bot says, no one's not care what you rather do
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:05:29 PM

WTS a large number of blackbyte, 250k - 500k MBB, PM offers (ABOVE current market price)

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
kokopopz

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:32:22 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

WTS a large number of blackbyte, 250k - 500k MBB, PM offers (ABOVE current market price)

Did you try one of the blackbyte bots?
I dont see why I would buy above marketprice...
avasiliev

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:57:51 AM

Check this out - community starts to talk about ICOs on BB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtbxzTpsqU4&feature=youtu.be - amazing overview of SilentNotary ICO by a community member - 14 min video with comments
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:56:17 AM

Blackbytes Bytes Exchange BEEB is offering you 1,000,000 Bytes!

Buy and sale your BlackBytes on BEEB! - http://beeb-bot.com

Here is your link to receive 1,000,000 Bytes: http://www.beeb-bot.com/textcoinclaim.php#textcoin?domain-pluck-industry-other-deliver-item-fetch-island-predict-confirm-arrest-anchor

MaryAngela_Fantocci

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:16:42 AM

Hello and good day Smiley Are there any plans for future bytes and blackbytes distributions for coin holders?

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:15:45 AM

I was trying to send GBB to another address but I got the following message: Could not send payment: Too many messages, try sending a smaller amount. Anybody had that before?
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:19:46 AM

Hello and good day Smiley Are there any plans for future bytes and blackbytes distributions for coin holders?

Find on the website:
https://byteball.org

The 11th round is tentatively scheduled for the full moon of March (Mar 2, 2018 at 00:51 UTC). The balances will be snapshotted at the time of the first Bitcoin block after this date, and rules for this round are as indicated above. Depending on the progress of other distribution methods, this round can be postponed or even canceled.

Chat with the Transition Bot to link your Bitcoin and Byteball addresses and participate, track linking progress at transition.byteball.org.
-doubleU-
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1307

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:57:21 AM
Merited by jjacob (1)

I was trying to send GBB to another address but I got the following message: Could not send payment: Too many messages, try sending a smaller amount. Anybody had that before?
This error message is explained on the Byteball Wiki Page. It seems you want send a great amount of Blackbytes, try to send many smaller transactions.

███████████████████████████
█████████▀▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀████████
█████▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀█████
████ █▀▄███████████▄▀██████
███▄█ ███████▀ ██████ █ ███
██▀█ ███  ▀▀█  ▀██████ █ ██
██ █ ████▄▄      ▀▀▀██ █ ██
██ █ █████▌        ▄██ ████
███▄█ █████▄▄   ▄▄███ █▀███
████▀█▄▀█████▌  ▀██▀▄█ ████
█████▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀▄█████
████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████████████████████
█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█  ▄  ▄▀▀ █   ▄▀█ ▀█▀ ▄▀▀ ▄███▄
█ █▀█ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀ ▀▀█ █   █ █  █  ▀▀█ ▀███▀
█ █▄█ █▄█ █▄█     ▄▄▀ ▀▄▄ █▄▀  █  ▄▄▀   
                                        █
████████████████████████████████████ 
███▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀███ 
█▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀████▄
█ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ █████
█ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ █████
█▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄████▀
███▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███
████████████████████████████████████
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▐█████████████▌
▄█  █████████
▄█████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████  ███████████▀
▄█  ██████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████████▀
███████
█████████████████████
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
Afkbio

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:44:36 PM

Hi, I created a discord server for discussing DAG coins. Every DAG is listed and has its own channel.

https://discord.gg/auFsMSD.

Feel free to join us ! See ya.  Wink
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

Hello!
I need to clarify this unpleasant story.
(...)
Nevertheless, some of the participants consider themselves offended. It's up to you, but in my opinion we did more than we should have.
(..)
Meet new ICO on BB Platform.
https://silentnotary.com/

I apologize with the beloved Byteball community if replying to the long post of SilentNotary (which here I'm only partially posting, click on the quote link to read it all) might be offtopic, but since there is some hype here on Byteball thread about SilentNotary going to use Byteball for its ICO, perhaps that's not entirely offtopic. Know your partners, after all.
It does not impress me the fact that after its first failed ICO SilentNotary has paid some of the bounty hunters. The fact is that so many were not paid, especially those who were quietly waiting to receive their stakes without staying on the forum all the time harassing the team with continuous questions and that begging attitude and constant whining which is so despicable, hateful and without any dignity. I admit I was one of those quite ones, who has waited faithfully and finally got nothing for all my work. Now, I don't really care for those few tokens from a social campaign, which I'm not even sure they are worth something now, but I care about the principle. And I don't care if "legally" SilenNotary was not obliged to pay those who had worked for them. This is something which has to do with ethics, and human quality. Your actions define you for what you are. And if you don't take any measures to be sure to pay EVERYBODY who has worked for you, just because you don't feel legally obliged to, you are just..., well I let anyone fill the dots with their best words.
Meet Byteball's new partner.
This is their lovely final message to their bounty community:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2016468.msg24451549#msg24451549
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 06:30:48 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1), TheFuzzStone (1)

An update about future distribution plans.

So far, bytes were mainly distributed via airdrops to holders of BTC and Bytes, and a relatively small portion was distributed through the cashback program.  We started this free distribution with the purpose of getting the currency as wide spread as possible, and while the purpose stays the same, methods can change.  The airdrop method worked well to get the initial user base, but it also proved to be the least efficient in terms of user acquisition cost.

Over the next few months, we'll add more methods of free distribution.  One of them is already being developed, I expect it to be ready in the first half of December.  

The new methods are designed to grow our user base faster than the money supply.

While the new methods are still untested, it is early to drop the airdrops.  That's why the next round of distribution to Bytes and BTC holders is tentatively planned for the full moon of March 2, 2018.  The rules are the same as in the previous round:

For every 16 BTC you receive 0.1 GB,
For every 1 GB you receive additional 0.1 GB,

and similar rules for blackbytes.

This round can be postponed or even canceled depending on performance of other distribution methods.

As I said before, airdrops to holders of BTC and Bytes, which we did on full moons, were a good way to bootstrap the network and get initial attention.  But last few airdrops failed to attract any significant number of new users while quickly consuming the undistributed pool.  We had to pivot to other distribution methods, but at the time I was writing the above post they were not ready yet, and I had to tentatively put another old-style airdrop on the calendar.

Now that the new distribution methods are ready and proven, and we've added even more methods than originally planned, the March airdrop is cancelled.  November airdrop was the last one that paid to holders in proportion to their balances.

This is the list of the current distribution methods (in no particular order) that we'll continue to use and improve:

1. Cashback.

2. Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their real name.  It is true that the referral system didn't work quite well for new users who have no Bytes yet, and we are going to introduce a new scheme which will allow to refer new users without sending them any Bytes.

3. Giveaways, such as those that Rafael does to his youtube subscribers.

4. Mass sending of textcoins to subscribers of our partners.  We have done two so far https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1heT6TUSpTJgRW-FUM0LbcoVjXZRCb3PbXQQLmzvNRvM/edit#gid=323859176 and will work on improving conversion in the future campaigns.

Other similar methods will be added over time, the purpose is to use the remaining undistributed coins most efficiently to acquire as many new users as possible.

There were multiple suggestions to redirect a part of undistributed funds from free distribution, i.e. from acquiring users, and spend it for hiring more people, paying contractors, etc.  While I understand the reasoning behind these suggestions, it is also important that we learn to spend money wisely, with the maximum effect per spent $, before (and if) we scale up the budget.  Anyway, it is unnecessary to repurpose the undistributed funds now as we have enough funds in the Community Fund to fund the current operations in the near future: it is over $1m in Bytes (plus another $1m in less liquid blackbytes).

Simplicity is beauty
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:55:38 PM

Thank you Tony! This is excellent news  Cheesy Cheesy
maco144

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:47:09 PM

All for holding off on giving community funds to BTC holders who just dump immediately. Glad the KYC referral staying in place as Ive added some people and want to add more.
jpucela14

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:50:03 PM

I am so excited about the next full moon.

Do you guys have already fixed the Segwit claim problem with the transition bot?

Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:03:23 PM

As I said before, airdrops to holders of BTC and Bytes, which we did on full moons, were a good way to bootstrap the network and get initial attention.  But last few airdrops failed to attract any significant number of new users while quickly consuming the undistributed pool.  We had to pivot to other distribution methods, but at the time I was writing the above post they were not ready yet, and I had to tentatively put another old-style airdrop on the calendar.

Now that the new distribution methods are ready and proven, and we've added even more methods than originally planned, the March airdrop is cancelled.  November airdrop was the last one that paid to holders in proportion to their balances.

This is the list of the current distribution methods (in no particular order) that we'll continue to use and improve:

1. Cashback.

2. Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their real name.  It is true that the referral system didn't work quite well for new users who have no Bytes yet, and we are going to introduce a new scheme which will allow to refer new users without sending them any Bytes.

4. Mass sending of textcoins to subscribers of our partners.  We have done two so far https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1heT6TUSpTJgRW-FUM0LbcoVjXZRCb3PbXQQLmzvNRvM/edit#gid=323859176 and will work on improving conversion in the future campaigns.

Other similar methods will be added over time, the purpose is to use the remaining undistributed coins most efficiently to acquire as many new users as possible.

There were multiple suggestions to redirect a part of undistributed funds from free distribution, i.e. from acquiring users, and spend it for hiring more people, paying contractors, etc.  While I understand the reasoning behind these suggestions, it is also important that we learn to spend money wisely, with the maximum effect per spent $, before (and if) we scale up the budget.  Anyway, it is unnecessary to repurpose the undistributed funds now as we have enough funds in the Community Fund to fund the current operations in the near future: it is over $1m in Bytes (plus another $1m in less liquid blackbytes).

How Blackbytes are going to be be distributed ? As far as I know none of these methods above distribute Blackbytes.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:44:17 PM

1. Cashback.

IMO this is very bad news. None of these methods are "proven" as you say, and they are all far more opaque than distributing to addresses with balances that can be checked on the networks.

How many dollar-equivalents have been spent in the cashback program so far? What's there been like 50 people send their passport to Juobi or whatever now? Youtube crypto scam videos? Really?

There are still 40% of coins to distribute, and now they are basically completely able to be distributed by shady backroom deals or not at all. There is no way to validate distribution beyond this point. So long and thanks for all the fish.
Pages: « 1 ... 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 [863] 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: