Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:44:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 [2040] 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 02:17:24 AM

That was something we were considering , but after looking everything over, its a really bad idea. Im sure Tarkin will remove that option in the next release.

@GenTarkin. The biggest threat to these miners is the temp of the VRM. I think the critical temp of the vrm is around 85C. Can you put a switch in that will shut down the die @85C , that we can choose to have this active or not, or even better have a drop down to choose the shutoff temp, and a switch to activate or not.  I can send more btc if you can do this. This prevents permanent damage to the VRM, thats what overheats, NOT the processors or dies.

Vegas

UPDATE: have a working VRM checker. It basically disables the die whos VRM is over 85. It simply turns it to OFF in webgui and restarts bfgminer. The die can of course be turned back on by selecting a freqency in webgui and reapplying settings.
Controlling it via webgui is probably not gonna be an option at least for now. I have no idea how that portion of the webgui code works lol.
Will post when its ready for download =)

The VRMs enter thermal shutdown at 120C to protect themselves, anything over about 105C is getting sketchy but under that things will make it..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:20:34 AM

New release up:
https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/releases/tag/v.91

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:21:53 AM

That was something we were considering , but after looking everything over, its a really bad idea. Im sure Tarkin will remove that option in the next release.

@GenTarkin. The biggest threat to these miners is the temp of the VRM. I think the critical temp of the vrm is around 85C. Can you put a switch in that will shut down the die @85C , that we can choose to have this active or not, or even better have a drop down to choose the shutoff temp, and a switch to activate or not.  I can send more btc if you can do this. This prevents permanent damage to the VRM, thats what overheats, NOT the processors or dies.

Vegas

UPDATE: have a working VRM checker. It basically disables the die whos VRM is over 85. It simply turns it to OFF in webgui and restarts bfgminer. The die can of course be turned back on by selecting a freqency in webgui and reapplying settings.
Controlling it via webgui is probably not gonna be an option at least for now. I have no idea how that portion of the webgui code works lol.
Will post when its ready for download =)

The VRMs enter thermal shutdown at 120C to protect themselves, anything over about 105C is getting sketchy but under that things will make it..
Are you sure? Well, people cast in what they want the thermal trigger at and Ill change it to that. For now its 85C

Note donations would be greatly appreciated =)
I still have yet to be paid in full for the .5btc bounty =/

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:18:22 AM

Thank you Ill send more BTC in the next day or two. Guys if you want this quality of work to continue, youll have to send some BTC also, nobody works for free.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:28:27 AM

Thank you Ill send more BTC in the next day or two. Guys if you want this quality of work to continue, youll have to send some BTC also, nobody works for free.

Vegas

Thanks man!

Im implimenting webgui control now =)

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:28:38 AM

this is a dumb question..i know zip about such things..but can you put some kinda heatsink (assuming you can find some that fit) on the vrms...or is that just silly? (likely) Smiley

The problem is getting an exact fit between the heatsink and the vrms, then you risk crushing the vrms as they are ceramic. With that soft thermal pad, its gentle, and when you tighten the heatsink its soft and spongy.

If you are having problems with VRM temps I used these on my Jupiters when they were overclocked and they are a perfect fit (and cheap), haven't needed them on the neptune or titan myself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Aluminium-Memory-Chip-Cooler-Aluminium-Heatsink-DDR-RAM-UK-/221843635860?hash=item33a6e93e94

tonycamp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:29:46 AM

well if its official the selling ima posible small asic sha256 scrypt buyer of this things...

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
pinhead666

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:36:20 AM

well if its official the selling ima posible small asic sha256 scrypt buyer of this things...

What?
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:57:27 AM

UPDATE:
New release v.92

Ability to set DCDC temp threshold on/off & temperature via webgui.

NOTE: due to having extremely minimalistic webpage coding skills... the values shown on page DO NOT reflect current settings.
Its ok to update DCDC settings as many times as needed, the BFGminer is not restarted or interrupted.

Need to refresh ur advanced settings page for it to show =)

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:44:14 AM

I think that firmware is worst than original 2.00 knc firmware
TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:17:45 AM

Instead of turning an overheated die OFF, how about just bump the MHz down a notch, say from 325 to 300, no need to turn them off

we have some 100 degree days coming up and I will likely have to bump them down manually

I haven't tried your firmware yet but likely will

thx for your efforts

UPDATE:
New release v.92

NOTE: due to having extremely minimalistic webpage coding skills... the values shown on page DO NOT reflect current settings.
Its ok to update DCDC settings as many times as needed, the BFGminer is not restarted or interrupted.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:18:17 AM

I am eventually gonna send you some btc but for right now I am unsure due to the fact that even you you fixed the firmware to ignore DEAD dies and your other
 adv page and I also like the temp tweaks......options) ie you will get some btc if even if i never use your mods just for the pleasure of watching you try and succeed

but anyway am still stalling installing it for now (away from home a lot over time this month)

my question is how do you handle the soft asic resets where it comes up 1a NONCE received whatever the msg is ..and eventually it fixes its self promptly after
maybe saying the same message in 4 lines like 1a 1b 4c 2d or whatever?

I already have 2 dead dies on a cube each on the 2 port controller on the 2nd Titan ....so constant reboot for this sorta soft asic issue is not needed

anyway anyone have these pop up and the firmware shrugs it off without issue? just kinda staying behind the pack of folk here  in that I will use this 2 cube unit vs the
6 cube other unit to test and with these issues as my testing of such but the two cube unit has these issues

1) 1 die dead and set to off on each cube

2) my temps are high on the vrms can go above 85c seen as high as 90c and it still hashes (one hot cube)

3) the soft asic resets or whatever they are called above ..how does your firmware handle such

lots of dorky stuff and constant reboots are probably not too good if issues using this as the test unit of the firmware

so braver folk then me anything above an issue or is all golden? or don't ya know quite yet?

If i get a weekend off and can watch the unit I may toss this up just to see what goes boom but maybe others know more already?

(we also serve who quiver in fear with the woman folk in the rear during the battle ..much nicer and more cozy) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
psy112

Activity: 346

psygambler

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 11:26:59 AM

What happend with the updates of firmware to the titan from KNC? Did they just turned their back on us? They promised higher hashrate with firmware updates.

They can't be happy with the result of the Titan, when you look at miningrigsrentals, there hardly any titans with the same speed.

But I guess they fucked us over after the lawsuit against them, like they did before we received the miners in the beginning.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:49:52 PM

What happend with the updates of firmware to the titan from KNC? Did they just turned their back on us? They promised higher hashrate with firmware updates.

They can't be happy with the result of the Titan, when you look at miningrigsrentals, there hardly any titans with the same speed.

But I guess they fucked us over after the lawsuit against them, like they did before we received the miners in the beginning.

they have not had any firmware since February.....I think not a lot of RMA support either but not sure ask around here

no need for firmware when you cancel the product(s) and move to the data hall operation..hell they don't even have support for jupiter/saturns on their
main page anymore

some progress on firmware updates here by folks thou (tweaks etc) so hopeful and I will likely eventually upgrade all my stuff to such and contribute
btc to his efforts...if for no other reason THRILLED some one has the skills to make those efforts Smiley

but yeah....knc dumped us off in front of the orphanage a long time ago Smiley

a big 20/20 regret I have as NEVER backing up their knc forums back in the day.....dang it....at least some kinda tech info of stuff tried would be on such
if nothing else etc...they toasted that because of the contrary messages from staff on such imho because of the lawsuit...so sigh ...as a meager resource we
don't even have that

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
psy112

Activity: 346

psygambler

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 02:16:08 PM

I have lost all of my trust to KNC since the titan was released. And with the lack of updates of the firmware it goes even lower. Now it really feels like they have given us the finger! Isn't the costumer always right?

But wouldn´t they be interested in developing firmware for the farm they own? Or the have probably already done it and don't want to share it with us costumer, because then we would add extra speed to the network?

they have not had any firmware since February.....I think not a lot of RMA support either but not sure ask around here

no need for firmware when you cancel the product(s) and move to the data hall operation..hell they don't even have support for jupiter/saturns on their
main page anymore

some progress on firmware updates here by folks thou (tweaks etc) so hopeful and I will likely eventually upgrade all my stuff to such and contribute
btc to his efforts...if for no other reason THRILLED some one has the skills to make those efforts Smiley

but yeah....knc dumped us off in front of the orphanage a long time ago Smiley

a big 20/20 regret I have as NEVER backing up their knc forums back in the day.....dang it....at least some kinda tech info of stuff tried would be on such
if nothing else etc...they toasted that because of the contrary messages from staff on such imho because of the lawsuit...so sigh ...as a meager resource we
don't even have that

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:29:04 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 03:43:00 PM by vegasguy

@Gen just sent you another .17 BTC. Thanks for your excellent work!

Guys if you want the updates to continue please donate to GenTarkin. His Btc address is : 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At

Ive donated .5 BTC to him, please donate too!

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:59:46 PM

But wouldn´t they be interested in developing firmware for the farm they own? Or the have probably already done it and don't want to share it with us costumer, because then we would add extra speed to the network?

I don't actually think KNC have a scrypt farm, the increase in hashrate when batch 1 was released was on a par with the number of machines sold.

They probably intended too, but the yield on the first batch of chips was so bad that they didn't have enough left over, and when the second batch was due to ship they had to start refunding people as they still didn't have enough chips to fulfill existing orders.

I suppose they could have ordered a 3rd batch, but the network hashrate has not reflected any large changes so it's not something that has happened yet and with the imminent block halving on LTC would be a brave move.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:59:28 PM

I am eventually gonna send you some btc but for right now I am unsure due to the fact that even you you fixed the firmware to ignore DEAD dies and your other
 adv page and I also like the temp tweaks......options) ie you will get some btc if even if i never use your mods just for the pleasure of watching you try and succeed

but anyway am still stalling installing it for now (away from home a lot over time this month)

my question is how do you handle the soft asic resets where it comes up 1a NONCE received whatever the msg is ..and eventually it fixes its self promptly after
maybe saying the same message in 4 lines like 1a 1b 4c 2d or whatever?

I already have 2 dead dies on a cube each on the 2 port controller on the 2nd Titan ....so constant reboot for this sorta soft asic issue is not needed

anyway anyone have these pop up and the firmware shrugs it off without issue? just kinda staying behind the pack of folk here  in that I will use this 2 cube unit vs the
6 cube other unit to test and with these issues as my testing of such but the two cube unit has these issues

1) 1 die dead and set to off on each cube

2) my temps are high on the vrms can go above 85c seen as high as 90c and it still hashes (one hot cube)

3) the soft asic resets or whatever they are called above ..how does your firmware handle such

lots of dorky stuff and constant reboots are probably not too good if issues using this as the test unit of the firmware

so braver folk then me anything above an issue or is all golden? or don't ya know quite yet?

If i get a weekend off and can watch the unit I may toss this up just to see what goes boom but maybe others know more already?

(we also serve who quiver in fear with the woman folk in the rear during the battle ..much nicer and more cozy) Smiley

Just try it out man, Im not sure what reboot issues ur experiencing, is this with my firmware? If not then no idea what u speak of. I dealt w/ the reboot issues when dies are flagged to off manually.
My firmware really doesnt do anything w/ soft resets.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:00:43 PM

I think that firmware is worst than original 2.00 knc firmware
How is that? LOL, I think its far better... =/

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:04:31 PM

Instead of turning an overheated die OFF, how about just bump the MHz down a notch, say from 325 to 300, no need to turn them off

we have some 100 degree days coming up and I will likely have to bump them down manually

I haven't tried your firmware yet but likely will

thx for your efforts

UPDATE:
New release v.92

Ill consider it. I gotta say, at this point... Ive put a ton of work into this and not many donations have been rolling in so .. my motivation to keep improving is nearing its end. I dont even need VRM protection on my titan since it runs really cool. Was a feature someone asked for =)
Anywho ... Ive gotten paid the original bounty now and brought more to the table then the bounty asked so, please any further donations would be greatly appreciated =)
Ill keep ya posted as to my next update and if I get the sliding scale clocks for VRM protection implimented =)

Pages: « 1 ... 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 [2040] 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: