Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:04:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:09:27 AM

Any word on reopening 28nm sales again?  These excess bitcoin are burning a hole in my pocket.  Especially with BTC prices back up.  I'm done with preorders for now (I think), I just want more hashing power NOW!

Would go against the KnC network protection policy I think, yes if the competition was launching significant compute power into the channel then i think we would see more Jupiters for sale, however:

CoinTerra announces one or two week delay

I spoke with "Peter" on the phone last Friday (December 6th) and he said that the first deliveries will be pushed back 7-10 days...so I doubt anyone will receive anything this year.

BitMine.ch announces three week delay

http://bitmine.ch/?p=4192
CoinCraft Delays in December batch units

Posted on December 10, 2013
    by Giorgio Massarotto   
    in Coincraft series, News   

Due to a shift in the production of our CoinCraft A1 chip, a three weeks delay affecting December-batch units has just been announced.

Nobody likes to hear about late deliveries, especially in the Bitcoin mining world. While we tried to do everything we could to carefully plan the delivery terms, sometimes delays still happen in places where you have no control of them. This is the case of what happened yesterday, when we had a conference call with the supplier of the chip to follow up with the delivery schedule of the CoinCraft A1 ASIC chips, which were supposed to arrive at Bitmine’s assembly plant this week. Unfortunately, the production of the silicon wafers used by our chips has been delayed by three weeks from the factory, effectively forcing us to delay the December batch orders.

BlackArrow still hasn't taped-out?

Does anyone know if these guys have actually taped out? I find it extremely hard to believe that they will deliver anything in February if they have not taped out yet...

Not yet. They do need to tape out asap if they want to hit a Feb date.

BFL Monarch delayed, yet again

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html#post69562

There's been a bit of a delay at the foundry on our chips and scheduling. The sample chips have been delayed a few weeks (still waiting on an exact date)

So it appears only Hashfast may launch anything before the end of the year now.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
je1p7u7

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:33:42 AM

I received 2 November Jupiters yesterday that are both hashing at 670ghs on average at BTCGuild with a LOT of variance. The 72 hour graph fluctuates between 640-711ghs. My Oct Jupiter has much less variance at 560ghs average.

I'm seeing the same thing, but I thought it was normal due to peak network congestion and packet latencies. Mine goes from 649 to 709.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:36:15 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 11:48:22 AM by The Avenger

Any word on reopening 28nm sales again?  These excess bitcoin are burning a hole in my pocket.  Especially with BTC prices back up.  I'm done with preorders for now (I think), I just want more hashing power NOW!

Would go against the KnC network protection policy I think, yes if the competition was launching significant compute power into the channel then i think we would see more Jupiters for sale, however:
Please - they don't give a damn about that "promise". That "promise" was a joke all along. It's only valid if no other asic manufacturer ships Cheesy Which was and is never going to happen. When they are stating just yesterday this is a race, how would shipping nothing for 7 months be a race?

And this bs network "promise" came out when they were looking for money, when they were claiming you could still get a refund right up to shipment. Which as we know now was total bs.

It was a clever way of making the few months they spent developing the next miner look like they were "protecting the network". Which is obviously bs, as they did the November batch of Jups and the fire-sale of rma boards after that. That promise is already broken, if it meant anything in the first place.

We see the difference in knc's attitude, customer service etc now that they have people's money and they call the shots. People who deal with knc will have to accept whatever they do and like it. I didn't see anyone ask or even demand kfc give a better estimate of when they ship than Q1/Q2. People just bought into an open 7+ months window Shocked

I'd like to see just one example of solid calculations anyone did before they pre-ordered a nep(un)tuned, based on delivery in June 2014, which showed it was viable. And took into account all the manufacturers who are about to ship. Most people have made optimistic projections based on March/April delivery, which shows a totally lack of understanding how long the 20nm process takes. And if any of the projections people have posted about what other manufacturers are about to ship are correct, even late April delivery seems a long-shot at making any profit.

But back to the "promise". Why would they refine the Nov Jupiter for an entire month, then shelve it? A viable product they can cash in on, before the other five or six manufactuers start shipping in Jan/Feb?

My guess is they will wait for the current nep(un)tuned batch to sell out, but they really want to take people's money b4 Xmas for another round of Jupiter. So I'd guess they'll have a another pre-order session in the next week or two, latest in January.

Yeah, pre-order, even though they could easily manufacture and sell from stock at this point. But why take any risk at all when they can have their customers take all the financial risk and all the losses if they mess up and/or deliver late. KNC - ship late, ship faulty. That's the way they do business and they have proven it doesn't matter if they do this, people just suck in the losses from any mistakes kfc makes.

Jupiter's are making 0.3BTC/day right now and that'll be blitzed if knc did ship another big batch of Jups in January and when other manufacturers ship in January. So they don't care about the network hashrate or those who bought before. It's a race to take as much money as possible. We'll see another round of Jups and you cats will still buy them en masse, willfully blinding yourselves from how little they will earn and how poised every other asic company are to shipping and doing their own obliteration of the network hashrate.

There is no miners around that you can order now and can be delivered before end January that will give a decent return. The manufacturers use the fact that no-one can accurately project what the network hashrate will be in a few months to blind people into buying stuff that would be good to have now, but will be useless by the time it arrives. People optimisitically assume the hashrate will only go up x, based on nothing but wishful thinking or nothing at all.

There is no way the pre-order model will ever be broken, as it essentially taps into miners gambling blind-side and risk free business for the manufacturer's.

To hell with the network protection promises of the past - who wants another batch of Jupiter's that'll earn you pennies in 2014?! Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:36:49 AM

Can I use 2 PSUs for my Nov. Jupiter as below?

- Cooler Master 1000W: Connect the 4 pin Molex to the controller board and 3 6-pin PCI-E connectors.
- Cooler Master 550W: just connect the last 6-pin PCI-E connector of the miner.
- On both PSUs: using the paper clip to connect pins 4 and 5 of the 24 pin connectors.

Thanks!
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:43:43 AM

only use 660W nov batch

they ask 1200w for have margin

looking job
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:26:55 PM

Any word on reopening 28nm sales again?  These excess bitcoin are burning a hole in my pocket.  Especially with BTC prices back up.  I'm done with preorders for now (I think), I just want more hashing power NOW!

It was a clever way of making the few months they spent developing the next miner look like they were "protecting the network". Which is obviously bs, as they did the November batch of Jups and the fire-sale of rma boards after that. That promise is already broken, if it meant anything in the first place.

https://www.kncminer.com/news?page=7

KnCMiner Network Protection Statement

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

The network protection promise only covers Dec/Jan/Feb, it doesn't cover the November Jupiters and upgrade boards.

Please note, this was posted on the 18th September 2013, and even then they knew they would be launching their new generation around March 2014

Your diatribe is entertaining as usual, but not sure what your point is other than another generic rant against the company Smiley

Are you against them selling more hardware or sticking to their promise?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
waterboi92

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:31:09 PM

only use 660W nov batch

they ask 1200w for have margin

mine draws ~900W from the wall. 660-670gh/s on btcguild.

if i've helped you, donations welcome: 1BwGnrqSjbfJ39mTNrvb257eUSuUP7Pfxh
The Avenger

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:05:24 PM

The network protection promise only covers Dec/Jan/Feb, it doesn't cover the November Jupiters and upgrade boards.

Please note, this was posted on the 18th September 2013, and even then they knew they would be launching their new generation around March 2014

Your diatribe is entertaining as usual, but not sure what your point is other than another generic rant against the company Smiley

Time will tell.

But let's just tidy up their spelling:
We would like to state that if any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February, we will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.
Let's simply the language:
We would like to state that if any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February, (which we know they will), we will continue to hock our shit. In other words, this "promise" means nothing.

In the same paragraph as the "promise", they have the disclaimer to break the promise as long as the sun rises in the east Grin

Their "promise" means they have a completely open door to ship as much as they want in December, January or February, which is what I was saying.

"we will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network"

And this is just bs. Flogging thousands of extra boxes does not protect customers share of the network unless they are ONLY selling to existing customers. Which is not the case. They are just flooding the market/network. This really translates to "we don't want to lose out on any money, but we'll make it seem like it's got something to do with ther good of customers". There is no way hocking miners to new entrants is protecting the customers who funded their business in the first place.

I wouldn't mind the the fire-sale boards, as they were supposedly going to existing customers. That said, I think it was shitty they were sold to Jupiter customers - first approval/dibs should have been given to Saturn & Mercury owners.

The batch of Nov jups did not show any awareness "that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again". It was "Fuck it, let's get some mo money".

And just to nit-pick "We will ship no devices in December 2013" - I think you'll find loads of devices went out the knc door in December  Grin

They've continued to fuck up every difficulty change since October, which does not help their original investors get a return on their devices.

I'm just speculating on their next move and I find it impossible to believe they won't try to flog something other than knobtune pre-orders for the next 7 months. I suppose I'm saying - if they are motivated by pure greed, which seems to be the case, a new batch of Jupiters is on the way. And this network protection promise isn't worth the fresh air it's printed on. Time will tell.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:22:35 PM

I wouldn't mind the the fire-sale boards, as they were supposedly going to existing customers. That said, I think it was shitty they were sold to Jupiter customers - first approval/dibs should have been given to Saturn & Mercury owners.

I kinda feel like if others got burned that way, they'd understand the points being made. For instance, instead of the Neptune being given a few days of 'early sales' to previous customers.. just open it up to the public all at once, and then say "oh, well we couldn't figure out how to limit it only to current customers".

Like they said about the modules.

CYPER

Merit: 502

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:31:54 PM

I kinda feel like if others got burned that way, they'd understand the points being made. For instance, instead of the Neptune being given a few days of 'early sales' to previous customers.. just open it up to the public all at once, and then say "oh, well we couldn't figure out how to limit it only to current customers".

Like they said about the modules.

The upgrade modules were also limited to early customers Wink
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:38:39 PM

They tell you that, but it wasn't so. Non customers were able to order them.

On top of that, they promised to limit them to Mercury/Saturn owners until they ran out or until there was no longer interest, at which point they were going to be opened up for sale to anyone.

Ended up claiming there was no feasible way to do any of this (apparently nobody understands how databases work over there), hence.. free for all to anyone who could hit the webpage order form.

CYPER

Merit: 502

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

They tell you that, but it wasn't so. Non customers were able to order them.

On top of that, they promised to limit them to Mercury/Saturn owners until they ran out or until there was no longer interest, at which point they were going to be opened up for sale to anyone.

Ended up claiming there was no feasible way to do any of this (apparently nobody understands how databases work over there), hence.. free for all to anyone who could hit the webpage order form.

I don't remember non-customers having access to them. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Also where did they promise "to limit them to Mercury/Saturn owners until they ran out or until there was no longer interest"?
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:03:47 PM

Also where did they promise "to limit them to Mercury/Saturn owners until they ran out or until there was no longer interest"?

7 billion pages back. This topic has been discussed/re-discussed like 30 times. Orama had explained to us that the individuals in charge couldn't figure out how best to manage limiting the sale, so they round-table'd it and came to the conclusion to just let it be a free for all. If memory serves me.

Non-KNC owners on ebay had auctions up as soon as shipments hit their doorsteps, with some modules going for the cost of Mercuries. It was nuts. A lot of Jupe owners got them too. It seems like you only needed a KNC account from the early days when they first got their website up, and may not necessarily have needed to purchased prior equipment. A bug maybe?

I don't recall if there was a customer quantity limit. I just know it seemed like they only had a few, as they all sold in what, under 2 minutes. And that was IF you could hit their webpage.

j03

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 02:25:04 PM

A bit off topic, sorry, let me know if there's a better place:

It's been like a thousand pages since I posted here. First I'd like to make a big shout out to Bitcoinorama for convincing me that KnC was legit. You were right man and on behalf of myself, and my friends and family, thank you very! If you can do updates on the coming Neptunes that would be great (another thread? Or here?)

Anyways:

I'm looking for a batch 1 (October) Saturn, with 6 ASIC connections on the controller board. I would also consider a batch 2 (November) Saturn or a Saturn from either batch with only 4 ASIC connections on the controller board. Payment in BTC through escrow.

Please make an offer. Thanks.

1MYwxy8TniWL37y3ueG2cN6i5eQ49Fr19Q
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:51:24 PM

One of mine is getting really hot and one of the fans is not running.

One of the front intake fans?

My November unit had that problem when it was delivered.  It turned out that one of the blades was wedged against the shroud somehow (I guess one of the loose cooler fans hit it and did that).  I just pulled the blade free and it works fine now.

Have you checked to see if it turns freely by hand?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
de_ixie

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

Time will tell.

But let's just tidy up their spelling:
We would like to state that if any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February, we will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.
Let's simply the language:
We would like to state that if any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February, (which we know they will), we will continue to hock our shit. In other words, this "promise" means nothing.

In the same paragraph as the "promise", they have the disclaimer to break the promise as long as the sun rises in the east Grin

Their "promise" means they have a completely open door to ship as much as they want in December, January or February, which is what I was saying.

"we will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network"

And this is just bs. Flogging thousands of extra boxes does not protect customers share of the network unless they are ONLY selling to existing customers. Which is not the case. They are just flooding the market/network. This really translates to "we don't want to lose out on any money, but we'll make it seem like it's got something to do with ther good of customers". There is no way hocking miners to new entrants is protecting the customers who funded their business in the first place.

The batch of Nov jups did not show any awareness "that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again". It was "Fuck it, let's get some mo money".

And just to nit-pick "We will ship no devices in December 2013" - I think you'll find loads of devices went out the knc door in December  Grin

They've continued to fuck up every difficulty change since October, which does not help their original investors get a return on their devices.

I'm just speculating on their next move and I find it impossible to believe they won't try to flog something other than knobtune pre-orders for the next 7 months. I suppose I'm saying - if they are motivated by pure greed, which seems to be the case, a new batch of Jupiters is on the way. And this network protection promise isn't worth the fresh air it's printed on. Time will tell.

I seriously believe they try to walk the thin line between "customer/ network protection" and "company interests (profit)" - which absolutely makes sense to me. It is the same for all "big" companies - you need to find a certain balance between customers (we), staff (average Joe working for them) and owners (KnC Founders).

Right now I am under the impression they manage that difficult task not perfect - but quite good. Bringing all stakeholders in an acceptable balance is the high art of management.

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:31:21 PM

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY KNC
NOT MAKE MORE NOVEMBER JUPITER

IS THE BEST COMPANY BY FAR

WHY MUST STOP THE PRODUCTION
AND LET OTHER STUPID COMPANY TO MAKE MACHINES

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

GO KNC GO
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:35:36 PM

Well why the hell did you up it to 3.30 volt

I  tried on my jupiter slowly up my boards because i had a die 0 issue board.
Knc asked me to try up the volts

While i was upping the volts in mini steps 2.00 , 2.05 nothing changed
Then i tried 2.10 and guess what the whole miner went berserk
Constant ajax errors and constant page errors in the status pages
It scared the hell out of me, and btw if you look well you see its - x.xxxx volt towards 0.0000 and upwards
So this means you start with -0.1121 or something and you up the power by making it -0.1113 means you up the voltage on that die 0.0008 volts.
when you go over 0.0000 its clearly easier to see.
However even at -0.1221 at 2.1 volts mine was completely messed up
This is clearly not something for me or my controller board is a brick.

Also i have no clue how warm / hot these boards are allowed
This far i have not been able to get 1 single hash increase out of this, and it clearly is makes the miner go berserk.
Ofcourse i have no clue what i am doing with this
There is ofcourse no explaning what is the right thing todo or how to see signs of problems.
knc has a habit of not providing info about anything, so we already getting used to not getting any by now.

I am also wondering why some boards show using 40 Amps and give with 31 watts  at 33 c
And the other board shows 44 amps with 35 watts and is 53 c

Makes me wonder why KnC didn't design ASIC temperature detection internal of the ASIC.
de_ixie

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:35:55 PM

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY KNC
NOT MAKE MORE NOVEMBER JUPITER

IS THE BEST COMPANY BY FAR

WHY MUST STOP THE PRODUCTION
AND LET OTHER STUPID COMPANY TO MAKE MACHINES

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

GO KNC GO

Still 178 Neptunes - your last chance Wink

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:41:53 PM

It's been like a thousand pages since I posted here. First I'd like to make a big shout out to Bitcoinorama for convincing me that KnC was legit. You were right man and on behalf of myself, and my friends and family, thank you very! If you can do updates on the coming Neptunes that would be great (another thread? Or here?)

The most recent update is they cost $13k or so, plus fees, there's less than 130 left to purchase, and sometime between march and august of 2014 is when they will arrive, with a hashrate of 3-7TH, depending on how much power you can supply.

Best of luck.

Pages: « 1 ... 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: