Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:17:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 [1352] 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:26:36 AM

ooooh! working on the Neptune project?  2 cool.
Thanks for the update O'rama

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:30:29 AM

I had done some calculations this morning that turn out to be wrong.  Someone was speculating on a $3000 price tag for January Jupiters.  I think that is a lowball figure if one considers the $13200 figure for late batch 1 Neptunes, of course the $205 shipping is non-refundable as is the Bitpay take.  That $12,995 is $4.33/GHs after a few months waiting while if January Jupiters go off at $3000 it's $5.45/GHs at a nominal 550GHs tho at a power penalty.

So, either the $12,995 was a blunder or the January Jupiters are going to come with a price tag well above $3000.

But then my calcs might be all wrong today - running treadmill watching Bering Sea Gold and next episode highlights show one of the miners being carried into hospital after opening a door to someone, spinning the cylinder of a revolver, putting it to his head and it discharging.  They were not rushing thru the hospital door.

as some and myself have stated before the best I can figure is my guess of 3.5k and arrives before feb 1st I probably will get some jupiters...if more $$$ then that and or later ...my best guess is I'll just wait on my Neptunes ..because at that point...my bet will be on KNC getting stuff out early.as Neptunes as their main focus/push...the ..jupiters in the middle of feb say arrival for more then 3.5k ..I'll take my chances on Neptunes in april as their priority instead...in that they will push imho to be early (hey a guy can dream)

anyway how i'm gonna "speculate" on all this ...wrong thou it will likely be

my 2c ...not that it is worth that

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:38:57 AM

Talking about BFL, anyone seen the BFL's new year special pricing?  Just got the e-mail.  The link is here http://www.butterflylabs.com/newsletters/happynewyear/

yep they have to go after noob's ...the scam don't work with out volume and numbers

my forced up grade (no refunds and late 65mm units ie bricks) to 900gh of monarchs will arrive months before these new priced units

a brick then (fall for me) or a brick later (march)..it is still a brick..this new stuff will be months later then mine (aug forced upgrade)

but current ftc,bbb, class action suits etc in USA have no clout and are not enforced (went thru all the hoops) if something actually ships even if 9months or 1yr late.....a pretty big online loophole by regulators ..common reply from ftc etc was we contacted them they assured us you'd get it in 6 months...paypal also said if not in 6 months we MAY consider refund...contacted paypal after 6months no go too many requests paypal had already bailed on bfl

anyway they are going after NOOBs anyone with any knowledge of forums etc will not buy from them

so yeah it is a desperation slam against 3500 KNC units (their monarch is less) and hashfast cointerra etc

and again it will likely WORK in that as long as they get a unit to someone in 9 months and have a wire xfer and btc only policy...BFL will again slide thru all the USA loopholes

be nice to see KNC react with 2.5k jupiters thou...heh

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:10:33 AM

It's too bad that btc n00bs will fall for BFL and their ilk. It's such a shame we have so many shiester outfits out there that are just out to take ppls money and run. I get hit up a lot more now about people that are interested in bitcoin/alts etc and they have that funny look in their eye that they are going to get rich quick. It gives me pause a bit, because they'll fall for that BFLish non-sense and not listen to caution.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:23:20 AM

Phoenix Today at 02:43:18 - I mean, I'm sittin' here looking at a $26,400.40 full refund on 2 Gen public batch Neps that doesn't exist then, right?
Oh, I'm special I guess...   I guess the Jupiters I snag up with the refund $ won't exist then either.
So Phoenix bailed/got refunds on two neptunes?  Shocked

Sounds like there is a mass neptune refund going on, so people can order jupiters now. Which would be worth a lot more than some beta device in Q2/Q3. Where have I heard that before?

A few jups now is worth a helluva lot more than some faulty beta device in Q2/Q3 and you know it'll lead to mass knobtunes refunds if people could order jups now instead.

But? What?

Phoenix... if you are going to take my advice, a little thanks is surely in order? Rather than jumping down my throat every time I post?  Cry

Ah shucks, you don't even need to bother with thanks. I know you are my biggest fan, but you have problems expressing it.

All your "TOTAL BS!" posts - I now know it's just your way of showing tough, brotherly love Kiss

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:43:09 AM

It's too bad that btc n00bs will fall for BFL and their ilk. It's such a shame we have so many shiester outfits out there that are just out to take ppls money and run. I get hit up a lot more now about people that are interested in bitcoin/alts etc and they have that funny look in their eye that they are going to get rich quick. It gives me pause a bit, because they'll fall for that BFLish non-sense and not listen to caution.

It's not just noobs that get caught by 'BFL and their ilk'.  The pre-order game is for the birds.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:43:28 AM

<snip>All your "TOTAL BS!" posts - I now know it's just your way of showing tough, brotherly love Kiss

Please, no "rough trade" fantasies here. You can do what you want in the privacy of your own home, but this is a family show.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
j03

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 03:22:34 AM

I don't think KnC will ship anything in January or February in line with their Network Protection Statement and that's a good thing. March will be the time to start bugging KnC. We should also bug Bitcoinorama for another Q&A and pics in March Smiley That's what sold me on KnC the first time. Speaking of that, I never did tip the man. Late-as-hell tip coming orama!

1MYwxy8TniWL37y3ueG2cN6i5eQ49Fr19Q
kaganader

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:44:34 AM

The Neptunes won't even break ROI even if you have it up and running on the first day of april.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/5789931a97

Yes, so don't buy one  Wink

I've decided not to due to the estimate difficulty of when the Neptunes will finally arrive to the public, it would not be worth it for me to mine BTC with them. If it won't break ROI or barely go above ROI then it is not worth to buy 3 of them since I would just be increasing my loss.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:52:11 AM

The Neptunes won't even break ROI even if you have it up and running on the first day of april.

I've decided not to due to the estimate difficulty of when the Neptunes will finally arrive to the public, it would not be worth it for me to mine BTC with them. If it won't break ROI or barely go above ROI then it is not worth to buy 3 of them since I would just be increasing my loss.

Exactly. 845 billion difficulty in March 2015 is going to be a bitch Wink
That's 1.2 million 5TH/s miners. Amazing times ahead of us.
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:54:47 AM

I'm not sure if any of you forward ports to your miners from the internet for remote management, but you may want to check out this post if you do. Apparently, there's an exploitable bug that could allow someone to brute force your password and take control:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=392166.0

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
kaganader

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:05:57 AM

Thought it would be around 42 trillion difficulty by march 2015 with 30% monthly increase... how are the home hobbyist and tinkerers even going to make a dent with difficulty skyrocketing. I miss the days of Gpu mining...
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:18:31 AM

I don't think KnC will ship anything in January or February in line with their Network Protection Statement and that's a good thing. March will be the time to start bugging KnC. We should also bug Bitcoinorama for another Q&A and pics in March Smiley That's what sold me on KnC the first time. Speaking of that, I never did tip the man. Late-as-hell tip coming orama!

I don't think you understand the network protection statement at all. It was only for their first customers, who propped them up, and only for Dec/Jan. They already pulled the statement and said that they would sell/ship hash, when/if their competition began shipping. They then said due to information they've been able to go over, they've made the decision to "protect their original customers" and sell/ship hash.

It wasn't to protect Neptune orders, nor to protect current customers from increasing hashrate--except to offer them a chance to get more as well.

I'm not sure if any of you forward ports to your miners from the internet for remote management, but you may want to check out this post if you do. Apparently, there's an exploitable bug that could allow someone to brute force your password and take control:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=392166.0

Anyone forwarding ports to the outside world, from a piece of hardware in their network, without properly securing the network and the box itself, shouldn't be in control of their network. It makes no sense to open up mining equipment to the outside world. This is why God invented secure VPN's.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:38:14 AM

Phoenix Today at 02:43:18 - I mean, I'm sittin' here looking at a $26,400.40 full refund on 2 Gen public batch Neps that doesn't exist then, right?
Oh, I'm special I guess...   I guess the Jupiters I snag up with the refund $ won't exist then either.
So Phoenix bailed/got refunds on two neptunes?  Shocked

Sounds like there is a mass neptune refund going on, so people can order jupiters now. Which would be worth a lot more than some beta device in Q2/Q3. Where have I heard that before?

A few jups now is worth a helluva lot more than some faulty beta device in Q2/Q3 and you know it'll lead to mass knobtunes refunds if people could order jups now instead.

But? What?

Phoenix... if you are going to take my advice, a little thanks is surely in order? Rather than jumping down my throat every time I post?  Cry

Ah shucks, you don't even need to bother with thanks. I know you are my biggest fan, but you have problems expressing it.

All your "TOTAL BS!" posts - I now know it's just your way of showing tough, brotherly love Kiss
oh, so now you take credit? you know better...

so i guess the neptunes are sold out? anyone have an extra one? lol

Flexgroo
I can sell you a preorder....  but it will be for a small profit.

Jumping the sinking ship already Phoenix1969? I'm shocked!
The plan would be to obtain the upcoming "Off the shelvers"  hehe
I have several Neps on order...  shuffling one or three is fine with me.
Extra paddles on the ship.....

I posted that a week earlier, and you yourself commented on it...
Now you want thanks?... okay.... thanks... lol  whatever...
But on "Brotherly love"...   
I'll bite there...  I'd be bored without you here to keep me excited....    Grin

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 04:50:05 AM

Lu (kncminer)

Dec 26 19:59

HI,

Right now, we don't have any Jupiter left in stock. And we don't have more information if Jupiter will be available again sometime in future.
If you don't want have the Neptune, you can just cancel the order.
And if Jupiter become available again, you can make an order again. Thanks!

Med vänlig hälsning |  Best regards

Lucy Edvardsson
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

What the heck is this? In their news letter they said they would possibly sell Jupiters from stock?Huh And then you receive an email saying they don't have any? So I was right. The only reason KNC posted that information was to make a balk and stop people from ordering from other companies, then they put their Neptune for 10k back on sale which was what they really wanted to coin for. What a smile ball tactic. I don't think I've met one honest bitcoin related company yet.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 04:51:09 AM

no one understand why pay 13k and now is 10k

kidding with our money

They pulled the same crap when they released the Saturn. They lowered the price, and it was only like 2 week difference.

smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:54:35 AM

If the price of bitcoin is still low in 2015 you might as well just buy them and store them rather than mine them. Sooner or later it won't be worth mining them anymore unless some newer technology replaces ASIC's.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:55:53 AM

Lu (kncminer)

Dec 26 19:59

HI,

Right now, we don't have any Jupiter left in stock. And we don't have more information if Jupiter will be available again sometime in future.
If you don't want have the Neptune, you can just cancel the order.
And if Jupiter become available again, you can make an order again. Thanks!

Med vänlig hälsning |  Best regards

Lucy Edvardsson
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

What the heck is this? In their news letter they said they would possibly sell Jupiters from stock?Huh And then you receive an email saying they don't have any? So I was right. The only reason KNC posted that information was to make a balk and stop people from ordering from other companies, then they put their Neptune for 10k back on sale which was what they really wanted to coin for. What a smile ball tactic. I don't think I've met one honest bitcoin related company yet.

Of course they're not in stock, they have to make them still.
hehehe....   whatever... I'll be ready for the Jupiter sale.
Yeah...Lies...all lies....   terrible company, evil tactics....
I was tricked and forced into making 7x my money with such crap...  doggone.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:59:25 AM

So you really believe they have chips sitting around doing nothing? Lol. I'll be a buyer if the price is right, but i'm under no illusion they will not be used.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:17:12 AM

Whynot just buy coins instead of doing a bank wire? A lot easier.

It's not that easy to deposit money in an exchange to buy bitcoin.  A wire us much less difficult.  I personally just buy mining gear with the coins I earn.  If I don't have enough coin, then I don't buy.

I log in to coinbase, input how much I want to buy and press a button. Within 2-3 days (quicker depending on verification level) it's in my wallet. What's easier is buying from the BTC I have, and using the Coinbase amount to resupply. Baddabing, you're done. Instant transfer, just the way BTC was meant.

So yeah, it really is that easy. I suppose if you use other exchange methods perhaps it's more difficult.

Hmm, maybe I need to try Coinbase!  I've only ever used BTC-e and MtGox.

Read the Coinbase thread in the service threads. People have issues with them a lot and I've had my share of issues as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 [1352] 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: