Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:29:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:29:45 AM

Whynot just buy coins instead of doing a bank wire? A lot easier.

It's not that easy to deposit money in an exchange to buy bitcoin.  A wire us much less difficult.  I personally just buy mining gear with the coins I earn.  If I don't have enough coin, then I don't buy.

I log in to coinbase, input how much I want to buy and press a button. Within 2-3 days (quicker depending on verification level) it's in my wallet. What's easier is buying from the BTC I have, and using the Coinbase amount to resupply. Baddabing, you're done. Instant transfer, just the way BTC was meant.

So yeah, it really is that easy. I suppose if you use other exchange methods perhaps it's more difficult.

Hmm, maybe I need to try Coinbase!  I've only ever used BTC-e and MtGox.

Read the Coinbase thread in the service threads. People have issues with them a lot and I've had my share of issues as well.

Like any service or product, nothing is perfect. I can say that I've had flawless service and enjoyed easy buying/selling without any issues to date. Was up and running in minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:37:52 AM

It's really not a game changer. It is simple to register for that. I just didn't want to have to do it for mining.
registering as a money transmitter in USA isn't easy. You have to comply & register in every state you deal with, and they don't have any "Standardization" that covers all.... it's very difficult. Why do you think the exchanges had such a hard time? It takes millions, months, and a team of lawyers.
You'll see.....

but miners in general are ok....     just hosting farms.

And then what happens if the hosting farm isn't in the US? The US laws do not apply to that hosting farm. This is where it gets confusing.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 06:17:22 AM

Status update for the refund on one of my three Neptunes:

• 12/29 - 11:06pm ET: Sent email to sales@kncminer.com asking for refund
  • 12/29 - 11:06pm ET: Automated response confirming my request was received
  • 12/30 - 8:37AM ET: Kurt from KnC tells me that my order has been canceled as requested and he asks for my wire transfer info
  • 12/30 - 8:49AM ET: I respond to Kurt's request with my info and inquire about whether I can be refunded in the equivalent amount of bitcoin instead
  • 12/30 - 9:21AM ET: Kurt responds to confirm that the refund has been initiated to my bank account and that they do not offer refunds in bitcoin

I have no idea if/when the next sale for Jupiters may be, but it looks like the refund process is extremely quick! I'll update once more when I see the money in my bank account.

I sent an email on 26th to get an RMA for 2 damaged coolers and still nothing. It was a reply to an email that said: If you wish to return the damaged cooler then we can provide you with an RMA number and send a replacement.
Also on the 4th December I sent an email to Sam and nothing.
Maybe you are emailing the wrong department?...    customerservice@kncminer.com
I get quick responses there.

I have always emailed support@kncminer.com and it always works. They will probably reply after the holidays. I am not in a hurry anyway.
I give that address, because I've been in communication on it all thru the holidays, even at 2am sweden time I got responses... but..your choice.

last response was......Dec 29 19:42  (Sweden time)

Why do you need to be in communication with them all the time? What would you talk to them about?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:26:33 AM

be nice to see KNC react with 2.5k jupiters thou...heh

I don't think KnC will ship anything in January or February in line with their Network Protection Statement and that's a good thing. March will be the time to start bugging KnC. We should also bug Bitcoinorama for another Q&A and pics in March Smiley That's what sold me on KnC the first time. Speaking of that, I never did tip the man. Late-as-hell tip coming orama!

they will get some jupiters out imho bfl just cut its monarch  600gh to 2.5 k and has a rack mounted unit 230gh for like 5k for immediate delivery (likely 65mm tech) etc etc
hashfast is shipping

someone said the BFL skunks have a pre-order queue of 60,000 monarchs....(likely most are forced upgrades from not getting the 65mm out in time..my 900gh of brick likely monarchs...all that gh had to go someplace...get a brick 1 yr late or punt to monarch...that's a lot of backlog)

doubt it is that high but bfl will do the usual and trickle it out ...then dump it at the end probably april when it is out the door customer takes the risk and it is a a brick ..but it will mess up network difficulty

so if knc sticks to its network protection statement esp with bfl dumping their 600gh to 2.5k and claiming feb delivery...I think it likely some Jupiters will pop back into the wild...if KNC is smart they will put them at 2k each and 2 week delivery .....and just bury bfl.....that would be my reaction if I had stock on hand.....not make as much $$ but protect knc market share and make a statement of "don't f*c* with us" to bfl etc

interesting times

still likely thou 3.5k jupiters before feb 1st imho....but that is just my 'half as*ed guess*

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:29:02 AM

• 12/30 - 8:37AM ET: Kurt from KnC tells me that my order has been canceled as requested and he asks for my wire transfer info
  • 12/30 - 8:49AM ET: I respond to Kurt's request with my info and inquire about whether I can be refunded in the equivalent amount of bitcoin instead
  • 12/30 - 9:21AM ET: Kurt responds to confirm that the refund has been initiated to my bank account and that they do not offer refunds in bitcoin

I have no idea if/when the next sale for Jupiters may be, but it looks like the refund process is extremely quick! I'll update once more when I see the money in my bank account.

I sent an email on 26th to get an RMA for 2 damaged coolers and still nothing. It was a reply to an email that said: If you wish to return the damaged cooler then we can provide you with an RMA number and send a replacement.

I have always emailed support@kncminer.com and it always works. They will probably reply after the holidays. I am not in a hurry anyway.
I give that address, because I've been in communication on it all thru the holidays, even at 2am sweden time I got responses... but..your choice.

last response was......Dec 29 19:42  (Sweden time)

Why do you need to be in communication with them all the time? What would you talk to them about?

I was totally eager to share a delicious recipe for biscuits.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 06:47:16 AM

Lu (kncminer)

Dec 26 19:59

HI,

Right now, we don't have any Jupiter left in stock. And we don't have more information if Jupiter will be available again sometime in future.
If you don't want have the Neptune, you can just cancel the order.
And if Jupiter become available again, you can make an order again. Thanks!

Med vänlig hälsning |  Best regards

Lucy Edvardsson
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

What the heck is this? In their news letter they said they would possibly sell Jupiters from stock?Huh And then you receive an email saying they don't have any? So I was right. The only reason KNC posted that information was to make a balk and stop people from ordering from other companies, then they put their Neptune for 10k back on sale which was what they really wanted to coin for. What a smile ball tactic. I don't think I've met one honest bitcoin related company yet.

Of course they're not in stock, they have to make them still.
hehehe....   whatever... I'll be ready for the Jupiter sale.
Yeah...Lies...all lies....   terrible company, evil tactics....
I was tricked and forced into making 7x my money with such crap...  doggone.

From KNC's own news letter:

"we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock."

And you say, "Of course they're not in stock". That's not a run on sentence. "from stock" applies to Jupiter's and upgrade cards according to the English language.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 06:48:42 AM

I get it. Got to get that brown nosin' in to maybe secure some freebies later on or preferred treatment. My large testicles don't allow me to do that.

monsieur

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:13:28 AM

Hey KNC, from now on I am gonna start brown nosing too. Please give me a job, or at least send me a Neptune.
monsieur

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:14:54 AM

I get it. Got to get that brown nosin' in to maybe secure some freebies later on or preferred treatment. My large testicles don't allow me to do that.

Oh shut up, Mr. Phoenix is right.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:39:59 AM

You really wanna know...  Okay...
In all seriousness... I took the newsletter statement ""we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock." to mean... they will not be preorders, but will be a batch run & assembled before offered for sale, which could then be sold from stock, for immediate shipment. Which would also explain the answers in your emails. Nothing in the statement they made says they have them in stock as I understand it.  What are 40 new employees going to do until Neptune time? Based on the past, they can assemble & ship an entire batch in 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time to pull that one off. That's what I'm betting is happening....  and no, that's NOT an inside scoop, I could be totally off-base too.   Wink

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
monsieur

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:41:19 AM

Hey KNC, from now on I am gonna start brown nosing too. Please give me a job, or at least send me a Neptune.

u'll need to work the shaft & cup the balls to get anywhere near that guys 'enthusiasm' Wink

despite mail by KnC staff that there are no stock, nor any knowledge of coming jups, that guy may have bathroom knowledge we plebs arent privy to

I don't know what that means, but I'm down for it.
Hey KNC, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothing, but I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:48:30 AM

u'll need to work the shaft & cup the balls to get anywhere near that guys 'enthusiasm' Wink

despite mail by KnC staff that there are no stock, nor any knowledge of coming jups, that guy may have bathroom knowledge we plebs arent privy to

I don't know what that means, but I'm down for it.
Hey KNC, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothing, but I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!.
That's the spirit! Free mining equipment for anyone who uses caps locks! Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:30:15 PM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ::)what these mean at eligius pool???

Signature fails!
You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!
Community contributed instructions for using Bitcoin-qt are here: http://eligius.st/~capa66/utl/my_eligius/index.html
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:02:16 PM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ::)what these mean at eligius pool???

Signature fails!
You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!
Community contributed instructions for using Bitcoin-qt are here: http://eligius.st/~capa66/utl/my_eligius/index.html

don't know if this will work but worth a try..

try select and copy the message in the text box above text box where you paste signature on my eligius options form page,
then right click your bitcoin address (used at eligius) in bitcoin wallet and select sign message and paste and generate.
last copy and paste in signature text box on options form page and submit changes.

Happy New Year to you and all at bitcointalk.
Cheers
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:04:20 PM

be nice to see KNC react with 2.5k jupiters thou...heh

I don't think KnC will ship anything in January or February

incorrect
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:09:02 PM

In all seriousness... I took the newsletter statement ""we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock." to mean... they will not be preorders, but will be a batch run & assembled before offered for sale, which could then be sold from stock, for immediate shipment. Which would also explain the answers in your emails. Nothing in the statement they made says they have them in stock as I understand it.  What are 40 new employees going to do until Neptune time? Based on the past, they can assemble & ship an entire batch in 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time to pull that one off. That's what I'm betting is happening....  and no, that's NOT an inside scoop, I could be totally off-base too.   Wink

I was thinking the same thing

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:10:26 PM

Has the factory floor been idle since the last shipment of upgrade modules?  I suspect not.  And I doubt they'd lay off the factory workers between that period of upgrade cards and the eventual production run of Neptunes.  Their proto lab would be working full time of course.  So one would think the floor workers have been building what we call November Jupiters and stockpiling.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:34:34 PM

Has the factory floor been idle since the last shipment of upgrade modules?  I suspect not.  And I doubt they'd lay off the factory workers between that period of upgrade cards and the eventual production run of Neptunes.  Their proto lab would be working full time of course.  So one would think the floor workers have been building what we call November Jupiters and stockpiling.

I doubt it's "their" factory, but just a company they contract to build/assemble.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:27:40 PM

Has the factory floor been idle since the last shipment of upgrade modules?  I suspect not.  And I doubt they'd lay off the factory workers between that period of upgrade cards and the eventual production run of Neptunes.  Their proto lab would be working full time of course.  So one would think the floor workers have been building what we call November Jupiters and stockpiling.

Look there has been talk prior to Christmas of another batch of Jupiters at somepoint, but it was talk, and as I said previously it wouldn't occur this side of 2014, which it hasn't, neither has any direct competitor shipped anything in noticeable volume before the end of 2013.

Aside from that there has been no other development in the 28nm area as everything was being wound down for Christmas and having the unnecessary excess pressure on support staff and logistical nightmare of delivering throughout the holiday period wouldn't be fair on anyone.

The only staff with an ongoing workload throughout the holidays are the DC guys, and those involved on the Neptune project as Asia doesn't wind down at this time of year so if they need to be liaised with throughout, which they do as it's an international effort, then the sooner the better as obviously delivery on that product is as time sensitive as always, and Asia winds down end of Jan I believe for a bit.

In any case KnC don't own a manufacturing facility themselves, there are not hoards of starving, depressed assemblers twiddling their thumbs longing for round the clock shifts creating Bitcoin ASIC hardware. They are surviving with other contracts I'm sure.

So, let's see what 2014 brings. HNY everyone, to a prosperous 2014!!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:55:13 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 07:38:52 PM by Phoenix1969

Has the factory floor been idle since the last shipment of upgrade modules?  I suspect not.  And I doubt they'd lay off the factory workers between that period of upgrade cards and the eventual production run of Neptunes.  Their proto lab would be working full time of course.  So one would think the floor workers have been building what we call November Jupiters and stockpiling.

Look there has been talk prior to Christmas of another batch of Jupiters at somepoint, but it was talk, and as I said previously it wouldn't occur this side of 2014, which it hasn't, neither has any direct competitor shipped anything in noticeable volume before the end of 2013.

Aside from that there has been no other development in the 28nm area as everything was being wound down for Christmas and having the unnecessary excess pressure on support staff and logistical nightmare of delivering throughout the holiday period wouldn't be fair on anyone.

The only staff with an ongoing workload throughout the holidays are the DC guys, and those involved on the Neptune project as Asia doesn't wind down at this time of year so if they need to be liaised with throughout, which they do as it's an international effort, then the sooner the better as obviously delivery on that product is as time sensitive as always, and Asia winds down end of Jan I believe for a bit.

In any case KnC don't own a manufacturing facility themselves, there are not hoards of starving, depressed assemblers twiddling their thumbs longing for round the clock shifts creating Bitcoin ASIC hardware. They are surviving with other contracts I'm sure.

So, let's see what 2014 brings. HNY everyone, to a prosperous 2014!!!
hmmm, yeah...we guessed there was nobody in there assembling over the holidays....  we were(I was) talking 2014, totally......
but the way you worded that... There may NOT be any more 28nm, and the 20nm may be closer than we thought?
Am I reading you correctly?

or is 28nm going to grace the cloud again? Sounds like it was an idea that went wayside because Neptunes are actually alot closer than q2?
We've been trying to dissect cryptic messages on the subject... hehe,  good thing it's not sha-256  Wink
any info helps... thx

My guess now would be that if no 28nm, then  what's everyone doing in January....."laid off" due to contract work/no hourly?  or working on 20nm?....  Split teams?...or am I way off base?

We could really use a definitive answer on this...
all the mystery is kinda frustrating!
It's difficult to make any real decisions based on the info we have.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: