Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:51:34 AM

From what I understand, 51%'ing a network does no harm unless the pool operator has bad intentions.

Why risk it though? What does ghash.io give you that BTCGuild or eligius doesnt?

Compared to BTCGuild: 0% fees
Compared to Eligius: less variance

I started mining with them around 3am UK time on 03.01.2014, so in about 1 hour that will be exactly 1 week mining.
My average hashrate is 3200GH/s.
For that 1 week period I have mined 8.54603089BTC exactly (not counting the last 1 hour of the full 1 week), while the calculator says 7.94166635 BTC per week.
So (8.54603089/7.94166635)*100 = 107.6% luck
So all looks good.

that's a bit greedy.. you'd rather risk the bitcoin network and go against Shatoshi Nakamoto's design just for a little extra coins.  

even ghash.io has admitted that they are a threat to the bitcoin network and will make good... but still there are a few people that just don't care

Ghash.io is far from having 50% of the network, but yet people freak out.
Obviously it is impossible to predict their exact share as this is based on previously solved blocks and luck, but roughly it is around 40% currently, which is far from 50%.

According to http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/ total hashrate is close to 16PH/s
Ghash.io has 4.7PH/s
That's less than 30%

If they get really close to 50% then I will surely move out.

I hope you hold up to your word.  Any way you seem to be doing well your 3TH plus mining farm Wink

the reason they fell back from 42% to now 39% is because there's been a few miners pulling out for the reason of protecting the bitcoin network.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:02:27 AM

the reason they fell back from 42% to now 39% is because there's been a few miners pulling out for the reason of protecting the bitcoin network.

I haven't yet checked, but at a guess I'd say that could easily be due to variance. A larger drop over a longer time period might be indicative though.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:05:38 AM

I just hope we get any announcement either way I have coin waiting for jupiter orders and if they announce no jups some coin will go on one or two more neptunes and some spread across other companies. I just want to hear anything from them.

This is exactly what they wanted you to do with those "handy coins".

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:07:36 AM

I haven't yet checked, but at a guess I'd say that could easily be due to variance. A larger drop over a longer time period might be indicative though.

what about that ever growning 'unknown'?   That could work with ghash to do the 51% deed correct?

why is so much hashing listed as unknown anyway?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:18:27 AM

what about that ever growning 'unknown'?   That could work with ghash to do the 51% deed correct?

I do my own tracking, and unknown is only about 80 blocks per week. A good deal of it uses the same gen address, so it's unlikely that ghash would use that if they were being tricky.

Because whoever it is that is doing the tracking your referring to isn't using all possible data. I'm using coinbase sigs, known gen addresses, and pool websites (where available). You put it all together and you get better tracking than blockchain.info.

For example I can track Deepbit properly, and also bitparking and some others that confuse blockchain.info. It also means that if an unknown has used the same gen address for a long time, I can track that too. There are known unknowns (gen address and nothing else) and unknown unknowns (no coinbase sig and no record of gen address being used more than once). In total, all unknowns rarely get as high at 10%, although this may have changed recently.

Once I finish the current upgrade I'll post more accurate block stats somewhere.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:29:32 AM

Thanks organofcorti,
I'll be looking forward to seeing your detailed stats
Cheers
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:36:07 AM

Thanks organofcorti,
I'll be looking forward to seeing your detailed stats
Cheers

same here

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:25:56 AM

I do my own tracking, and unknown is only about 80 blocks per week. A good deal of it uses the same gen address, so it's unlikely that ghash would use that if they were being tricky.

Because whoever it is that is doing the tracking your referring to isn't using all possible data. I'm using coinbase sigs, known gen addresses, and pool websites (where available). You put it all together and you get better tracking than blockchain.info.

For example I can track Deepbit properly, and also bitparking and some others that confuse blockchain.info. It also means that if an unknown has used the same gen address for a long time, I can track that too. There are known unknowns (gen address and nothing else) and unknown unknowns (no coinbase sig and no record of gen address being used more than once). In total, all unknowns rarely get as high at 10%, although this may have changed recently.

Once I finish the current upgrade I'll post more accurate block stats somewhere.

Sorry for derailing thread, but huge part of unknown is 100th mine (currently hashing at about 500TH/s)
astutiumRob

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 11:23:09 AM

BTCGuild = 3% Fee (Thats ALOT when it comes to bigger BTC amounts)
Eligius = due to some problems i seem to get there around 2% less than ghash.io
So it DOES matter where you mine.

I get just under 4% less 'hashrate' at GHASH than BTCGuild which would counteract the 'fee', there are also (unconfirmed) missed payments - never quite managed to corroborate it, but certainly the ppol has found more blocks than the 'popup' message has notified me that i've received payment for the block

YMMV, but personally I only allow the traded ghs from cex to mine at ghash.

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:12:00 PM

Ive preordered the "2 batch" and im 26 on queu. Hope you guys are real and this aint a scam.

heh was scrolling thru and saw this april 8th order on knc site from days gone buy...heh you had "big brass ones" it took me till July 1st to pull the trigger

anyway figured I'd give you kudos on the above.....the bet ..on knc ...all of us will agree surely worked out well for you (and us)

heh....no way in heck in hindsight would I have pulled the trigger on april 8th.......(good to know ones limitations)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:00:16 PM

BTCGuild = 3% Fee (Thats ALOT when it comes to bigger BTC amounts)
Eligius = due to some problems i seem to get there around 2% less than ghash.io
So it DOES matter where you mine.

I get just under 4% less 'hashrate' at GHASH than BTCGuild which would counteract the 'fee', there are also (unconfirmed) missed payments - never quite managed to corroborate it, but certainly the ppol has found more blocks than the 'popup' message has notified me that i've received payment for the block

YMMV, but personally I only allow the traded ghs from cex to mine at ghash.

I also get ~4% less hashrate at Eligius than I do a BtcGuild, but some people are blinded by 0% pool fees. They may actually be losing out in the long run.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:11:17 PM

I'm beginning to think the Jupiter's aren't going to launch.  Every time I talk to KNC they make it sound like they still have no plans and they make it sound like the Neptune is coming first.

I think the amount of people wanting to cancel their Neptune's for more Jupiter's is quite high and they might be questioning themselves now.

People aren't stupid.  The difficulty is going to run away from everyone.  KNC is going to obliterate the diff once again like they did last year and people want to mine now rather than wait.

Well KNC staff posted in the KNC Forums that Neptunes 2nd batch they still have for sale are "going fast" ...so I'd safely assume NO CHANCE of any Jupiters being released into the wild before that batch of Neptunes are sold out.....imho

but yeah...if they are ahead of the timeline they set for themselves for selling Neptunes.....(whatever that is) it is unlikely we will see any more Jupiters at any price

*I'm unsure on how I feel on this me and 2 brothers have 2 Neptunes on order 1 batch one 1 batch 2....on the other hand have USD for Jupiters if priced right...hmmmm...I'm on the fence?"

add to that my current 555gh Jupiter to the best of my knowledge is mining .18 btc /day and difficulty is projected more or less 30 percent again ...so you run that out ways...say I get my Jupiter NEW batch er.....by 2nd week of Feb say....what I'd be looking at maybe .10 btc/day....then Neptunes come out by april 1st say?

anyway seems awful tight imho

so I too still think it is a no go (I do however have a corsair 1200i just in case and 30 days to send it back..i'm sooooooo conflicted"

confused ..this bitcoin stuff makes my head hurt......

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
btcspender

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:27:27 PM

Well KNC staff posted in the KNC Forums that Neptunes 2nd batch they still have for sale are "going fast" ...so I'd safely assume NO CHANCE of any Jupiters being released into the wild before that batch of Neptunes are sold out.....imho

but yeah...if they are ahead of the timeline they set for themselves for selling Neptunes.....(whatever that is) it is unlikely we will see any more Jupiters at any price

*I'm unsure on how I feel on this me and 2 brothers have 2 Neptunes on order 1 batch one 1 batch 2....on the other hand have USD for Jupiters if priced right...hmmmm...I'm on the fence?"

add to that my current 555gh Jupiter to the best of my knowledge is mining .18 btc /day and difficulty is projected more or less 30 percent again ...so you run that out ways...say I get my Jupiter NEW batch er.....by 2nd week of Feb say....what I'd be looking at maybe .10 btc/day....then Neptunes come out by april 1st say?

anyway seems awful tight imho

so I too still think it is a no go (I do however have a corsair 1200i just in case and 30 days to send it back..i'm sooooooo conflicted"

confused ..this bitcoin stuff makes my head hurt......

Searing
I just wish we would get an update surely they have had a meeting about it. They just need to let us know what is going on people need to plan ahead to combat rising difficulty we cant do that with silence.

Curious whether there will be another batch of Jupiters 'coz there's a risk for KnCMiner that many might jump the Neptune ship and switch over to some Jupiters they get way earlier.

Some may do that though refund time would be an issue. Surely knc would realize though that the majority of the profits people would make from a jupiter batch would be reinvested in neptunes
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:11:47 PM

Yes, Neptunes will be gone very soon as it seems...

Curious whether there will be another batch of Jupiters 'coz there's a risk for KnCMiner that many might jump the Neptune ship and switch over to some Jupiters they get way earlier.

Yes thanks for sticking your reseller ID around the image  Roll Eyes

He's only 3 off a Neptune now. Good work!

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:39:47 PM

(image removed)

yep just checked 516 left as of the above time of well whatever this post shows.....

Searing

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:40:17 PM

I just want some upgrade modules!!

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:43:46 PM

I just want some upgrade modules!!

sigh...not available for us oct orders i'm afraid them boards have gone to the revsion A in the sky....

although if they do want me to get a Jupiter price them like 1.5k way way below BFL monarch 2.5k and I'll get a couple out of spite

(drive a stake thru bfl corp heart...the evil must die...(play vampire music) they suck....     Smiley

SORRY distracted by nostalgic rage don't ya know

Searing

merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:50:08 PM

he could of sold more than 7 as they don't get updated that often.

I've sold more through my reseller ID and figures haven't changed yet, even when I login to my reseller account.
ncs0ne

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

software developer

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:51:27 PM

(...)

Yes thanks for sticking your reseller ID around the image  Roll Eyes

Your are welcome (to click it).

I interpret your post this way that next time I should explicitly mention when a link contains my reseller-id (even when everyone expects it to be there).
So I can make sure no one has any reason to feel like they have been tricked, misused or whatever, which is for sure not my intention.

One can type as usual 'https://www.kncminer.com' into his browser's URL bar OR click his kncminer-bookmark instead.

In addition after clicking the link you see in your browser's URL-bar the reseller id at the end. Just remove it, clear your browsers cache, reload the page.
Then in case you buy a Neptune it is not accounted and you can feel like 'yeah I'm really smarter than this stupid reseller link spammer'.

(...)

Actually less are missing  Wink

In addition let me share with you that I bought all but one of them together with my friends, so no 'good work' at all.
And even the remaining one was purchased by a guy I'm in contact with.

If it works out it's nice for all involved, otherwise nothing is lost.
I can sleep well in both cases.

*edit:
I want to see Upgrade-Boards (and Jupiters) as well - c'mon KnC take our money, please!

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:54:24 PM

(...)

Your are welcome (to click it).

I interpret your post this way that next time I should explicitly mention when a link contains my reseller-id (even when everyone expects it to be there).
So I can make sure no one has any reason to feel like they have been tricked, misused or whatever, which is for sure not my intention.

No you should interpret my post as "take your spam to the Marketplace forum" your post was pure spam, with a single line of spurious text to try and make it look like you were participating in the conversation.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 ... 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: