Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:19:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:28:25 AM

Diff will be somewhere between 1.75B & 1.8B.

Man Bitcoin mining is just not good for your health.  These ASIC companies have probably chopped a few years from my life, at least.  2013 was the year I developed gray hairs like crazy.  Every time I come to these boards I think about past personal mistakes and get incredibly frustrated.  Life is much more enjoyable away from here.  Getting away really helps you appreciate what you have a lot more and helps to stop worrying.

take a break and go trade on btc-e !   Grin

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:08:13 AM

Can kncminer-0.99.2-tune.bin solve dead Die problem for Nov. miners or it is just for Oct. miners?
It seems kncminer-0.99.2-E.bin does not improve so much for Nov. miners!
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:09:33 AM

Can kncminer-0.99.2-tune.bin solve dead Die problem for Nov. miners or it is just for Oct. miners?
It seems kncminer-0.99.2-E.bin does not improve so much for Nov. miners!

It seems that if you read the changelog and apply some thinking you will answer your question.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:30:58 AM

I'm beginning to think the Jupiter's aren't going to launch.  Every time I talk to KNC they make it sound like they still have no plans and they make it sound like the Neptune is coming first.

I think the amount of people wanting to cancel their Neptune's for more Jupiter's is quite high and they might be questioning themselves now.

People aren't stupid.  The difficulty is going to run away from everyone.  KNC is going to obliterate the diff once again like they did last year and people want to mine now rather than wait.

Well KNC staff posted in the KNC Forums that Neptunes 2nd batch they still have for sale are "going fast" ...so I'd safely assume NO CHANCE of any Jupiters being released into the wild before that batch of Neptunes are sold out.....imho

but yeah...if they are ahead of the timeline they set for themselves for selling Neptunes.....(whatever that is) it is unlikely we will see any more Jupiters at any price

*I'm unsure on how I feel on this me and 2 brothers have 2 Neptunes on order 1 batch one 1 batch 2....on the other hand have USD for Jupiters if priced right...hmmmm...I'm on the fence?"

add to that my current 555gh Jupiter to the best of my knowledge is mining .18 btc /day and difficulty is projected more or less 30 percent again ...so you run that out ways...say I get my Jupiter NEW batch er.....by 2nd week of Feb say....what I'd be looking at maybe .10 btc/day....then Neptunes come out by april 1st say?

anyway seems awful tight imho

so I too still think it is a no go (I do however have a corsair 1200i just in case and 30 days to send it back..i'm sooooooo conflicted"

confused ..this bitcoin stuff makes my head hurt......

Searing

Do I have to say it again? Jupiter's were never going to be for sale. KNC pumped led us all on into thinking to "get some coins handy", was for an upcoming Jupiter sale then a huge coincidence, without notice or anything a Neptune sale pops up. I don't know why anyone doesn't believe this or think a company would actually do that to incur sales. This is what companies do. A little lie here, a little lie here, all to make more sales and more money in the pocket. KNC was fully aware of other companies taking pre-orders and possibly may come out before their Neptunes so they had to think of something right away to make us not pre-order anything else and give them time to prepare to list the Neptunes again. And yes, this is may hard opinion on this.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:35:58 AM

Well KNC staff posted in the KNC Forums that Neptunes 2nd batch they still have for sale are "going fast" ...so I'd safely assume NO CHANCE of any Jupiters being released into the wild before that batch of Neptunes are sold out.....imho

I doubt they would say, "sales aren't doing too good". Usually when a company has to verbally announce sales are going good and fast sometimes is a reverse psychological move. KNC has choose to abandon their own forum for support or just to be part of the community and then all of a sudden they have the time to post their sales are going fast? To me, that means sales aren't what they expected and posting something like that is a "reminder" to us all that they still are for sale.

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:36:55 AM

I'm beginning to think the Jupiter's aren't going to launch.  Every time I talk to KNC they make it sound like they still have no plans and they make it sound like the Neptune is coming first.

I think the amount of people wanting to cancel their Neptune's for more Jupiter's is quite high and they might be questioning themselves now.

People aren't stupid.  The difficulty is going to run away from everyone.  KNC is going to obliterate the diff once again like they did last year and people want to mine now rather than wait.

but yeah...if they are ahead of the timeline they set for themselves for selling Neptunes.....(whatever that is) it is unlikely we will see any more Jupiters at any price

*I'm unsure on how I feel on this me and 2 brothers have 2 Neptunes on order 1 batch one 1 batch 2....on the other hand have USD for Jupiters if priced right...hmmmm...I'm on the fence?"

add to that my current 555gh Jupiter to the best of my knowledge is mining .18 btc /day and difficulty is projected more or less 30 percent again ...so you run that out ways...say I get my Jupiter NEW batch er.....by 2nd week of Feb say....what I'd be looking at maybe .10 btc/day....then Neptunes come out by april 1st say?

anyway seems awful tight imho

so I too still think it is a no go (I do however have a corsair 1200i just in case and 30 days to send it back..i'm sooooooo conflicted"

confused ..this bitcoin stuff makes my head hurt......

Searing

Do I have to say it again? Jupiter's were never going to be for sale. KNC pumped led us all on into thinking to "get some coins handy", was for an upcoming Jupiter sale then a huge coincidence, without notice or anything a Neptune sale pops up. I don't know why anyone doesn't believe this or think a company would actually do that to incur sales. This is what companies do. A little lie here, a little lie here, all to make more sales and more money in the pocket. KNC was fully aware of other companies taking pre-orders and possibly may come out before their Neptunes so they had to think of something right away to make us not pre-order anything else and give them time to prepare to list the Neptunes again. And yes, this is may hard opinion on this.

Your idea only affects people who can only buy one machine, or have no coins to play with. It's really not a big deal. It's also not a lie, when they didn't promise they were selling them, just said they might. They still say they might, and people won't buy them if they wait too long. As it is, nobody else is shipping anything significant, except crazy overpriced BFL and antminer. Thinking that telling us jupiters would be available soon, then posting a new price on neptunes for far in the future is some dishonest act, is nuts.

As for sales, listen to the bitcoinorama interview with engadget. They did amazing sales on neptunes. Huge dollars heading in. Probably more than anyone else, and the customers will be happy with what they receive just like most of us were with jupiters.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:40:28 AM

Just submitted for my 2nd batch Neptune refund.  So that's one extra spot for an (un)lucky person.
Don't expect a "speedy" refund, some of us have been waiting WEEKS for their refunds to be processed, and I'm sure most of them are in front of you...

***    P.S.   Has ANYONE had their Neptune refund processed yet?   ***

It's all good dude. Just chill. I'm sure KNC has got ya covered! You'll be fine. They are a great bunch of people. Smiley

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:54:24 AM

Mining is over

I remember hearing that in 2011 and a lot more often  Roll Eyes

Mining is over to regular consumer/residential people. Well, they can certainly keep mining but unless they have free electricity they will be in the red and just wasting resources/money. After this wave of 600+ Gh/sec rigs come out that's end game for normal households. If you want to continue to mine you'll need to re-wire your electrical panel at your home and spend significant money on doing that, rent a warehouse space where electric is included, something like that to keep making anykind of profit.

I just wish more of my friends were involved so we could all group buy some rigs, but they are cheap as hell and greedy bastards and couldn't see buying 2 Netptune's for $20,000 + shipping charges. I could get a real nice car with that down payment. One guy even has a grow house and gets about $30k for each harvest. Now, that's nuts. He has the resources to setup some really nice miners, but rather grow earths weed. To each his own I guess.

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:56:02 AM

Mining is over

I remember hearing that in 2011 and a lot more often  Roll Eyes

Mining is over to regular consumer/residential people. Well, they can certainly keep mining but unless they have free electricity they will be in the red and just wasting resources/money. After this wave of 600+ Gh/sec rigs come out that's end game for normal households. If you want to continue to mine you'll need to re-wire your electrical panel at your home and spend significant money on doing that, rent a warehouse space where electric is included, something like that to keep making anykind of profit.

I just wish more of my friends were involved so we could all group buy some rigs, but they are cheap as hell and greedy bastards and couldn't see buying 2 Netptune's for $20,000 + shipping charges. I could get a real nice car with that down payment. One guy even has a grow house and gets about $30k for each harvest. Now, that's nuts. He has the resources to setup some really nice miners, but rather grow earths weed. To each his own I guess.

30k? Tiny setup. Smiley
AussiePete

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:00:00 AM

Opentoe

I think KnC arent trying to be missleading or stupid . I think they care about their reputation a lot more than you think . KnC will sell more and more future miners because they want to over deliver . Its actually a very good business plan . Good for me and Good for them.

I bet you a mars bar KnC sells Jupiters  in the next 4 weeks .

The real question will they ROI ...............Maybe .....maybe not

Peace

Pete
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:14:44 AM

Here is a new video where the guys guess is Jupiters MAY he seem hesitant that Jupiters may be released at the end of the month

was Friday (yesterday) at CES with KNC runs like 20min or some such

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/10/KnCMiner-interview/

really good interview basically says what most of us guessed

lmao when he says on there certain companies did not follow thru on delivery and they we're frustrated like others and approached the chip mnfg for making KNC

heh LMAO they have to be talking about BFL what a hoot ......

anyway enjoy but now if his hesitant answer is correct ...price my man price...if we get them in say middle of Feb they will have to be dirt cheap imho

interesting times indeed..but really good interview

Searing

Did he say the early adopters spent about $7k and made about $70,000 dollars? Right around time frame 10:45 he says $70,000 dollars. WTF? Can someone listen to it and confirm that's what he said? For some reason it is really hard for me to listen to Alex speak. I don't know if it is his accent or whatever, but it's just difficult. Not a professional speaker that's for sure.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:21:27 AM

Starting to get a little nervous as a Batch 1 Neptune buyer. Can't imagine how the later batch must feel. Wish KnC would release some development news.

Dude, serious, you have several months to wait here. Too many people had a Juipiter high and spent all that money and now are second guessing the cash they have spent. It's not just a couple thousand here. It is only just getting into the middle of January. A Neptune won't be seen for at least 4 months in my opinion. If I had to wait that long I'd go nuts. I think I only waited like 40 days for my Saturn/Jupiter and it killed me. You guys who ordered a Neptune have some big balls!

sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:27:01 AM

Somebody should start a thread of worst explanations of bitcoin.  I'm 6 minutes into this right now and my knowledge of bitcoin has actually decreased.

This is packed with misleading, incorrect and confused information.  Plus the accent is hard to understand at times.
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:36:35 AM

But oh look at his hair.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:37:35 AM

Did he say the early adopters spent about $7k and made about $70,000 dollars? Right around time frame 10:45 he says $70,000 dollars. WTF? Can someone listen to it and confirm that's what he said? For some reason it is really hard for me to listen to Alex speak. I don't know if it is his accent or whatever, but it's just difficult. Not a professional speaker that's for sure.

Wow, I thought it was great for a 20 minute unscripted interview. At least "not a professional speaker" is better than "professional troll" Smiley

What are you bitching about now? Besides, I know those numbers are real, I know people who got early jupiters, mined a lot of coin then sold the units on ebay. It's really not unbelievable.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:42:27 AM

Wow, I thought it was great for a 20 minute unscripted interview. At least "not a professional speaker" is better than "professional troll" Smiley

What are you bitching about now? Besides, I know those numbers are real, I know people who got early jupiters, mined a lot of coin then sold the units on ebay. It's really not unbelievable.

User sgravina just said the same thing. It is hard to understand the dude. Just a couple posts back. Two people in a matter of minutes saying the same thing. It's not just me. I don't expect him to be a professional speaker, but he's talking to the world and really should at least try to cut down on his accent if he wants people to understand him fully. I'm still baffled where the hell he got the $70,000 figure from??? Why would they lie publicly like that?

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:42:53 AM

All KNC updates and SD card images, in case you lost them.

http://www.deligny.us/public.php?service=files&t=9d1c6ccc6a5620352769a54e39640cf3

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:05:15 AM

User sgravina just said the same thing. It is hard to understand the dude. Just a couple posts back. Two people in a matter of minutes saying the same thing. It's not just me. I don't expect him to be a professional speaker, but he's talking to the world and really should at least try to cut down on his accent if he wants people to understand him fully. I'm still baffled where the hell he got the $70,000 figure from??? Why would they lie publicly like that?

How is that a lie, I just said I've known people who have achieved close to that. If you look through the last few pages of this thread there is another one. I took a quick glance through your old posts, and it is seriously nothing but whining about knc for months. How did you get a first shipment saturn and still not do well? It's just whining and whining.
AussiePete

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:22:44 AM

A mate and I did  some some sums this morning  on best case scenario  and it was possible that one of the very first Jupiters made nearly  $70,000 euros . As long as they hooked it up around the 7th of October (or Hosted it)  cashed out about 40 btc when it was $1350 and then continued to run it ..........nearly $70 k euros ..........maybe ...............just promotional \ advertisement  bs ............Most Reps only give you the "best stories" and never the worst  . Technically speaking , I would have collected around $50 k (euros) by now , but mine was delivered around the 21st .

Pete

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:28:36 AM

A mate and I did  some some sums this morning  on best case scenario  and it was possible that one of the very first Jupiters made nearly  $70,000 euros . As long as they hooked it up around the 7th of October (or Hosted it)  cashed out about 40 btc when it was $1350 and then continued to run it ..........nearly $70 k euros ..........maybe ...............just promotional \ advertisement  bs ............Most Reps only give you the "best stories" and never the worst  . Technically speaking , I would have collected around $50 k (euros) by now , but mine was delivered around the 21st .

Pete

Don't forget to throw in a "sold it for $25,000" in december... Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: