Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:21:28 PM

KNC sure as hell isn't shipping.
Says who? Cloud hashing are adding 2 petahash in the next couple weeks - you think that is ALL coming from Cointerra?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:30:24 PM

Well, whether they're going out to masses or private investors right now, one thing we can all agree on:

KNC sure as hell isn't shipping. And the network rate is increasing.

Soo....

step back and let this phase eat itself.. should be sure to grab cheap miners in a month or so as so many freak out on losing ROI and frying their outlets

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:31:33 PM

They're not shipping to protect their customers.. which has been my point for over 45 days.

Lest we forget their statement of shipping in December and January.

DPoS

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:36:56 PM

They're not shipping to protect their customers.. which has been my point for over 45 days.

have you been mining since Oct?   most that have aren't complaining how this turned out..  but I guess you got your reasons

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
vesperwillow

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

have you been mining since Oct?   most that have aren't complaining how this turned out..  but I guess you got your reasons

I've been mining since before September, but thank you for your concern. i'm not upset, I don't have any orders with KNC, but many here have begun noticing what I've been pointing out for awhile--MUCH less communication with the community that propped them up, the one thing they always promised not to fail in.

Vague answers isn't good communication, something they also claimed to detest long ago.

The Avenger

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:52:31 PM

I've been mining since before September, but thank you for your concern. i'm not upset, I don't have any orders with KNC, but many here have begun noticing what I've been pointing out for awhile--MUCH less communication with the community that propped them up, the one thing they always promised not to fail in.

Vague answers isn't good communication, something they also claimed to detest long ago.
I've been saying the same thing for a long time...

KNC should be like "We would be nothing without the support you have given us. You trusted us with your cash and it allowed us to become millionaires. We are millionaires now and going to enjoy the best Xmas ever. We've made more money than we ever imagined! To say thanks, we are selling X at knocked down price of x. This offer is only available to October guys (ALL of you. We feel sorry now that we told some of you/treated some of you like second class customers), without which we would not be here. It's our way to say thanks. Sorry we were such greedy a-holes and didn't do better to help you when we shipped you faulty goods. That was our fault, not yours, and it's not right we made you pay extra for our mistakes. Now that we are millionaires, we are going to try harder not to be such greedy a-holes."

I hope I get a Xmas card from KNC saying as much!  Or will they cheap out on that too?  Cheesy And not just a crappy Merry Xmas email - a proper printed Xmas card, handsigned by the KNC millionaires club I helped create. Where is the KNC "we won't forget the support you have shown us" they promised to be when they wanted pre-order money back in June? Parasitic, greedy and liars? That's not good. They really need to start turning things around, because we know they took a dump in their pants last week when they finally saw the competition is not far away and poised to rocket past them. They won't get much customer loyalty in the long run if they continue to try to profiteer from their benefactors.
They didn't end up selling shit at a knocked down price, nor did I get a Xmas card from knc...

Let's face it - when a company hits the big time - they get corporate clients. What a relief too. knc hate their consumer customer base. They have projected that hate since at least mid October (N.B. even thought they don't sell to the general public - well, only in so far as they don't care to offer full 2 year consumer warranties. Have some second hand, used rma boards and if we are lucky they'll last to October and then tough luck...).

Now they can sell to corporate clients, who won't care too much if 15 of the 200 machines they recieve are faulty. Who needs those damn consumers with their "my rig doesn't work, please fix it" emails.

"I am not The Avenger"
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

well, what would there be more to communicate then: "We send all production output to byteminr at the moment". Who wouldn't, being in their shoes?
smoothrunnings

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:36:39 PM

I've been saying the same thing for a long time...

KNC should be like "We would be nothing without the support you have given us. You trusted us with your cash and it allowed us to become millionaires. We are millionaires now and going to enjoy the best Xmas ever. We've made more money than we ever imagined! To say thanks, we are selling X at knocked down price of x. This offer is only available to October guys (ALL of you. We feel sorry now that we told some of you/treated some of you like second class customers), without which we would not be here. It's our way to say thanks. Sorry we were such greedy a-holes and didn't do better to help you when we shipped you faulty goods. That was our fault, not yours, and it's not right we made you pay extra for our mistakes. Now that we are millionaires, we are going to try harder not to be such greedy a-holes."

I hope I get a Xmas card from KNC saying as much!  Or will they cheap out on that too?  Cheesy And not just a crappy Merry Xmas email - a proper printed Xmas card, handsigned by the KNC millionaires club I helped create. Where is the KNC "we won't forget the support you have shown us" they promised to be when they wanted pre-order money back in June? Parasitic, greedy and liars? That's not good. They really need to start turning things around, because we know they took a dump in their pants last week when they finally saw the competition is not far away and poised to rocket past them. They won't get much customer loyalty in the long run if they continue to try to profiteer from their benefactors.
They didn't end up selling shit at a knocked down price, nor did I get a Xmas card from knc...

Let's face it - when a company hits the big time - they get corporate clients. What a relief too. knc hate their consumer customer base. They have projected that hate since at least mid October (N.B. even thought they don't sell to the general public - well, only in so far as they don't care to offer full 2 year consumer warranties. Have some second hand, used rma boards and if we are lucky they'll last to October and then tough luck...).

Now they can sell to corporate clients, who won't care too much if 15 of the 200 machines they receive are faulty. Who needs those damn consumers with their "my rig doesn't work, please fix it" emails.

You expect too much!
DPoS

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:18:41 PM

Now they can sell to corporate clients, who won't care too much if 15 of the 200 machines they recieve are faulty. Who needs those damn consumers with their "my rig doesn't work, please fix it" emails.

Roll Eyes We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful   Roll Eyes

haahaahahaha haahaahahaha haaaaaaa

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 08:20:17 PM

Since KNC stopped participating in this thread I don't think it should be moderated at all. Apparently they left their own thread and never came back.

The problem now has come for all bitcoin manufactures. The difficulty and hashing power is growing quicker then what can be made to turn a profit. It was bound to happen. Unless you own your own server farm, raised floors with air conditioning control which costs thousands per month to maintain anything you buy or pre-order right now won't earn you anything. 3TH, 4TH, 5TH, doesn't really matter. Most residential stuff is out of the question and if you want to stay mining you'll need to spend quite a bit on upgrading your entire home electrical system. What most people forgot is they'll spend thousands doing all the electric but completely leave out or forgot the cooling needs. Buying 20 window fans from Walmart isn't going to cut it anymore. You will need some serious cooling power and that cost a fortune. My group is running 4TH to 5TH and the costs to keep that going are quite expensive.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 08:23:24 PM

I'm pretty sure it does not cost them more then $2000 for all parts including labor. I'm sure they could sell them as low as $3000. At that price, I'm willing to buy a few Jupiters, even at $3500. And I'm quite sure they could sell the upgrade modules for $600-$800.

My estimate is inventory cost of $1k for a jupiter. based on the price they insure for shipping.

KNC, will we see modules soon?

Why are people still asking this? Apparently KNC isn't going to respond. Jupiter's to them are small time now and they wouldn't even want to spend the money on making them again.

smoothrunnings

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:52:27 PM

Since KNC stopped participating in this thread I don't think it should be moderated at all. Apparently they left their own thread and never came back.

The problem now has come for all bitcoin manufactures. The difficulty and hashing power is growing quicker then what can be made to turn a profit. It was bound to happen. Unless you own your own server farm, raised floors with air conditioning control which costs thousands per month to maintain anything you buy or pre-order right now won't earn you anything. 3TH, 4TH, 5TH, doesn't really matter. Most residential stuff is out of the question and if you want to stay mining you'll need to spend quite a bit on upgrading your entire home electrical system. What most people forgot is they'll spend thousands doing all the electric but completely leave out or forgot the cooling needs. Buying 20 window fans from Walmart isn't going to cut it anymore. You will need some serious cooling power and that cost a fortune. My group is running 4TH to 5TH and the costs to keep that going are quite expensive.

I think before anyone thinks about upgrading their miners they need to stop looking at running them in their house period and start thinking of running out of a co-lo. But before they go down that road they need to figure out if after upgrading all their gear will they be generating enough bitcoins to pay for the co-lo space (rack space, power, and internet)?

Most co-lo's have seen charge you per circuit not by how much electricity you use.
The Avenger

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:53:37 PM

Roll Eyes We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful   Roll Eyes

haahaahahaha haahaahahaha haaaaaaa
It's a bit more like this  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZ12FFy6UM

"I am not The Avenger"
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 09:06:11 PM

You can easily add two more plugs to your controller with basic soldering skills.

I hope to be making a video next week to show how its done.

I don't think they are basic skills. If you never soldered anything this procedure is quite difficult without ruining your currently working board.

vesperwillow

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:49:22 PM

You can easily add two more plugs to your controller with basic soldering skills.

I hope to be making a video next week to show how its done.

I don't think they are basic skills. If you never soldered anything this procedure is quite difficult without ruining your currently working board.

I believe he was conveying that if you've soldered, it's a basic job.

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:24:13 PM

Amazes me how just because Americans can't do something (like run Neptunes in houses due to the piss poor wiring) they assume there's no market or it's a mistake in the design? Most of us have no problem with that at all. The company is Swedish, they sell in China and Europe and can easily find people able and willing to buy and run their rigs.

As for KNC stopping posting in this thread, they hardly posted in their own forum so that's no surprise.
They DO communicate well though, when they want to sell something. Once they have your money they haven't much reason to. Look back at the 1st batch, that's what happened.

People keep forgetting that KNC are the promotions/media company, they get engineers to do the real work ..so they don't know enough to communicate with people like you who ask hard questions. Again, look back at the last batch and people who had problems with hosting and faults...they had a mare of a time getting them to even answer the fucking phone never mind get any direct answers.

If the bitcoin price had gone the way we thought it would when we ordered the last batch, we'd be about 200 now, maybe 300? So that would be no break even in either dollars or XBT for the vast majority if not all of us. We got lucky. It's unlikely that kind of thing will save anyone in the next few months is it?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:48:59 PM

So, ~3TH for 10,000$ in 'Q1/Q2' is currently up against ~2TH for $6,000 in may (And a sold out batch of 2TH for $6,000 in april), is this correct?

Plus these other ones like bitmain/antminer/etc
smoothrunnings

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:53:25 PM

So, ~3TH for 10,000$ in 'Q1/Q2' is currently up against ~2TH for $6,000 in may (And a sold out batch of 2TH for $6,000 in april), is this correct?

Sounds like you forgot to read the fine print on the Neptune rig info!!

Knc - (we reserve the right to increase this as we get closer to shipment)

We are not closer to the shipment yet so your comparison between 3TH/s and 2TH/s isn't valid, PERIOD!

Cheesy
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:02:30 PM

We are not closer to the shipment yet so your comparison between 3TH/s and 2TH/s isn't valid, PERIOD!

Cheesy

Right, no i know that.  they also say you can refund (at least the early batches) up to the day of shipping i think it was.

but just because they said they reserve the right to give you more hash power, doesn't mean they will, or perhaps, even can. (either silicoln limits, pcb limits, not enough chips/wafers, or whatever)

I'm still holding, don't get me wrong, but I would like to know what the situation is, and it seems mums been the word from KnC.  Not that i blame them, they and CT have the best technical chops and there's a lot to do.
smoothrunnings

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:13:33 PM

Cheesy

Right, no i know that.  they also say you can refund (at least the early batches) up to the day of shipping i think it was.

but just because they said they reserve the right to give you more hash power, doesn't mean they will, or perhaps, even can. (either silicoln limits, pcb limits, not enough chips/wafers, or whatever)

I'm still holding, don't get me wrong, but I would like to know what the situation is, and it seems mums been the word from KnC.  Not that i blame them, they and CT have the best technical chops and there's a lot to do.

We still have a lot time until Q2, I would only start to worry if by the end of Q1 nothing comes out of KnC about the batch 2 miners. Bugging them now about the Neptune's is premature as they likely don't know the correct answer just yet so it's better for them not to say anything. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: