Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 07:20:40 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 [1550] 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049484 times)
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:26:59 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 12:01:24 AM by The Avenger

Man i have been absent from this knc thread for a while.. Seems KNC has some loyalty issues... Have they become that much slime?

I came looking for feedback for the 100mh ...   Ive been diving out the way of all the tomatoes and eggs! lol.. Why is everyone so ape shit mad at knc. At least thats what the sentiment feels like..  Have they changed their stripes?

Things like:

Promising they would not mine more than 5% of the hash rate they sell, then turning round in February and telling us they were busy building a new and additional 10000 Jupiter datacentre for themselves. Oh and if they can find another building or two big enough - they'll fill those up with tens of thousands of Jupiters too.

Promising they would protect their customers share of the network, but then refusing to sell us any more hardware.

There's more, but mainly just shit like that.

In other words, they have completely lied to and f@#ked over the people who gave them the money to exist. It's caused a little animosity  Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:57:51 PM

^^ Thanks for chiming in!! I just knew i would find bitcoinorama here calming the crowd but it looks like he is no where to be found.. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:56:57 AM

^^ Thanks for chiming in!! I just knew i would find bitcoinorama here calming the crowd but it looks like he is no where to be found.. 

He is the director of communication after all  Grin
Communication has never been a strong point for KNC.
Sam Cole was very eager to speak with people in July/August, but now he is nowhere to be found, unless you are ready to drop massive cash. Apparently 58K USD is not enough.
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:56:47 AM

did they really give him a job? haha .. they should've if they didnt! But good lo, if you spent 58k with a company i owned i would send liquor, massage therapist, wine, coupon, postcard and fortune cookie or something!!  Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:58:28 AM

Titan
14L
Titan is our first scrypt mining product and will be shipping in Q2/Q3 of 2014.
The stats and performance that we can release today are
Minimum 100/MH/s of performance
Uses a Standard ATX power supply (customer supplied ATX)
Based on the existing Jupiter form factor but will have blades of cards inside
Shipment begins in Q2/Q3 of 2014
Payment for this product is bitcoins and bank transfer only (we will add litecoin as a payment method in the near future)
as this is KnCMiner we of course reserve the right to increase the performance at any time,
Note** this is a preorder all customers are reminded to please read the terms and conditions carefully before ordering.

don't see anything about refunds (sorry just wondering if that is gonna go away)

Searing

just got the following from KNC via EMAIL                               ======= NO REFUNDS ON THE SCRYPT MINER ===========

er as a result of that I'm probably out ....(off to look at gridseed stuff i guess)

here is a snag from the email

quote:

Liam (kncminer)

Mar 19 17:58

Hi,

Before completing your purchase, please carefully read our terms and conditions which can be found here: https://www.kncminer.com/pages/tandc
Due to the relatively young nature of the scrypt mining market we are not currently offering refunds on our scrypt mining products.

Thanks

Med vänlig hälsning/Best regards

unquote:

Sorry but 10.2k with shipping for a scrypt miner that may arrive as late as DEC ....er not so much me thinks...(coward that I am I need an out)

er that could be because i dumped a Saturn and a 2nd Neptune from KNC....(they use me as a bank i use them as a bank..seemed fair) I guess they got sick
of this

anyway may or may not cut down on their Scryptminer sales (from the last i looked out of 2500 they had like 2451 as of 9am this morning anyway)

so it goes....the fickle finger of fate having F***K** moves on!

Searing

er P.S. did get a letter from BFL today saying that I WILL get a refund on my 600gh monarch order (more then 6 months)
am sitting out side as we speak waiting for 'hell to freeze over" annoucement from CNN....litecoin rig annoucement from KNC ...BFL refunds
the world has gone mad today i tell you mad............

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mvalley

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:13:29 AM

So are they going to work on this in their free time when they aren't working on the Neptunes?

Titan
14L

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:27:47 AM

So are they going to work on this in their free time when they aren't working on the Neptunes?

Titan
14L

You mean working on their datacenters?
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:48:41 AM

NO REFUNDS ON THE SCRYPT MINER

Is that official !

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:54:07 AM

Titan
14L

Since they outsource the chips design all they have to do now is just get a PCB for that chips and supplying the part(which i think it's already done at this time). The Neptune chips has already taped out so the hard part is gone. Supervising the datacenter shouldn't be so hard so they have all the time for the scrypt miner.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:01:25 AM

I love how they are mining more BTC than god in that datorhall of theirs and they still have the audacity to ask us to fund their next project.....so they can make more money.

Why don't you guys front the cash and risk for once. Sell from stock for a change. Crap, that is a poor show. Sorry KNC but I will stay out with the customary parting curse words to go with it.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
proclivity

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:17:33 AM

Reduce power 100W or more on your KnC miners

Hi all - I've read a lot about people increasing voltages to reduce errors and wake dies.. But how many of you have gone the other way and lowered voltages as much as possible while keeping errors low?

I have and I've reduced power by over 100W each of my November Jupiters using the 1.0 firmware. Here's a quick guide on what I did:

I'm going to assume you know how to use putty, can connect to the mining screen, and get around bfgminer settings.

As many have said, the first step is to change to bfgminer so you can see what's happening on each die. If you don't want to use bfgminer permanently that's fine, but you'll need it to tune so do this first and restart the miner if necessary.

Open the bfgminer screen and the advanced tab together. Then take a deep breath because you will probably freak out soon, but this is a very fast way to tune your miner. Read through the steps before you begin.

Make a note if your error %s by board. Reset stats in bfgminer. Adjust all voltages to -0.0803 and apply. This will make many of your dies start to throw errors and the screen will start to lite up with disabled core messages with a three digit code. The first digit is the board, 0 1 2 or 3 for a Jupiter, the next two are the core and this code also helps you determine which die. Here is the range from memory:
Die 1:aa-bv
Die 2:bw-dr
Die 3:ds-fn
Die 4:fo-hj

Check bfgminer error stats - for any boards throwing a lot of errors start looking for disabled die messages, I recommend going in sequence, if the first board is throwing errors look for disabled dies starting with 0. If you see:

0cn disabled

Then increase the voltage one step for board 1, die 2.

Keep watching the messages and try to find a core in each range. Don't spend too long, move on to the next board, repeating the process for all boards all core ranges.

Apply your changes and wait about 15 seconds for the firmware to cycle the cores.

Reset bfgminer stats. If you are lucky, and I was, one of your boards may already be stable. Repeat the process for any board that still has a high error rate. Only increase voltage one step at a time and only increase voltage when you see disabled core messages. Go through all boards all dies, apply, reset, repeat.

If you have any dies at -0.0803, lower these one step. Apply the settings, wait, reset stats, check errors. Reverse any that now throw errors, keep reducing any that are not producing errors.

Once you stop seeing disabled cores you may have a few dies that are still throwing errors. Now you want to switch bfgminer display to show all cores. Scroll through the list and look for ranges that have multiple cores throwing errors. Increase voltage one more step on these until you are happy with the error rate.

It took me about 10 minutes by the time I tuned my third Jupiter. All of my voltages are adjusted negative - most are around -0.05 to -0.07, I have a couple that went down to -0.09 and a couple that needed to come all the way back to -0.02. But, I've reduced both temps and power. I was getting many FAULT 4 messages regarding DC/DC temps but now they are all happy. Good luck and hope this helps you!

If KnC is nice maybe they will build auto monitoring and voltage trim right into the next firmware Smiley if they are really nice maybe I will get a few extra Neptunes for saving them a few megawatts in their data center Wink

For tips only - 12QT6zPJM5kQ5piZfn7tyFfcJrbgvSnMLn
isimme

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:27:30 AM

Reduce power 100W or more on your KnC miners

Hi all - I've read a lot about people increasing voltages to reduce errors and wake dies.. But how many of you have gone the other way and lowered voltages as much as possible while keeping errors low?

I have and I've reduced power by over 100W each of my November Jupiters using the 1.0 firmware. Here's a quick guide on what I did:

I'm going to assume you know how to use putty, can connect to the mining screen, and get around bfgminer settings.

As many have said, the first step is to change to bfgminer so you can see what's happening on each die. If you don't want to use bfgminer permanently that's fine, but you'll need it to tune so do this first and restart the miner if necessary.

Open the bfgminer screen and the advanced tab together. Then take a deep breath because you will probably freak out soon, but this is a very fast way to tune your miner. Read through the steps before you begin.

Make a note if your error %s by board. Reset stats in bfgminer. Adjust all voltages to -0.0803 and apply. This will make many of your dies start to throw errors and the screen will start to lite up with disabled core messages with a three digit code. The first digit is the board, 0 1 2 or 3 for a Jupiter, the next two are the core and this code also helps you determine which die. Here is the range from memory:
Die 1:aa-bv
Die 2:bw-dr
Die 3:ds-fn
Die 4:fo-hj

Check bfgminer error stats - for any boards throwing a lot of errors start looking for disabled die messages, I recommend going in sequence, if the first board is throwing errors look for disabled dies starting with 0. If you see:

0cn disabled

Then increase the voltage one step for board 1, die 2.

Keep watching the messages and try to find a core in each range. Don't spend too long, move on to the next board, repeating the process for all boards all core ranges.

Apply your changes and wait about 15 seconds for the firmware to cycle the cores.

Reset bfgminer stats. If you are lucky, and I was, one of your boards may already be stable. Repeat the process for any board that still has a high error rate. Only increase voltage one step at a time and only increase voltage when you see disabled core messages. Go through all boards all dies, apply, reset, repeat.

If you have any dies at -0.0803, lower these one step. Apply the settings, wait, reset stats, check errors. Reverse any that now throw errors, keep reducing any that are not producing errors.

Once you stop seeing disabled cores you may have a few dies that are still throwing errors. Now you want to switch bfgminer display to show all cores. Scroll through the list and look for ranges that have multiple cores throwing errors. Increase voltage one more step on these until you are happy with the error rate.

It took me about 10 minutes by the time I tuned my third Jupiter. All of my voltages are adjusted negative - most are around -0.05 to -0.07, I have a couple that went down to -0.09 and a couple that needed to come all the way back to -0.02. But, I've reduced both temps and power. I was getting many FAULT 4 messages regarding DC/DC temps but now they are all happy. Good luck and hope this helps you!

If KnC is nice maybe they will build auto monitoring and voltage trim right into the next firmware Smiley if they are really nice maybe I will get a few extra Neptunes for saving them a few megawatts in their data center Wink

But how does this effect performance?
With ASICS we are still in the age of performance over power savings.

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:55:15 AM

Anyone looking for some upgrade boards for thier jupiters? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523256.0
cap1

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:02:20 PM

KnC getting worse by the day.

I guess no refunds for scrypt miners so they can continually shaft you to the days end and then move you on to the script data centre they will no doubt start to build.  Roll Eyes

"As an insurance policy to our valued customers, we have started converting all the jupiter boards that were positioned for our long lost neptune customers into a scrypt data centre. To ensure we don't have to stick to our word or actually deliver you a machine, we'll be paying our scrypt customers in dogecoins end of Qwhatever whilst holding on to your $10k for a year. We plan to be extremely vague and monosyllabic regarding any future enquires and thank you for the free money"

madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:28:13 PM

It is like if you ask yourself, what happen if the Jupiter's stop being profitable do knc force 1000 of hosting folks pay 150€ for ups ? Smiley

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:32:55 PM

COMING SOON* TO A CINEMA NEAR YOU!

*In Q2/Q3/Q4. All cinema tickets must be pre-ordered 6 months in advance

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
proclivity

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:34:53 PM

But how does this effect performance?
With ASICS we are still in the age of performance over power savings.

This is with zero impact to performance. Hashing at 760-770GHz, clocks all at 1000MHz, errors at same level as before tune, just less heat and less power.

Actually for me it's "improved" my hashing performance as I had one PSU kicking off on hot days and now the PSU also runs cooler.

For tips only - 12QT6zPJM5kQ5piZfn7tyFfcJrbgvSnMLn
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:59:22 PM

*In Q2/Q3/Q4. All cinema tickets must be pre-ordered 6 months in advance

Classic!

Here's my theory on these guys - they used neptune pre-order money to pay for DC. Cat got out of the bag that they weren't close to getting said tunes out the door. Refund madness occurred. They needed more cash to pay for DC, so neptunes went on sale again. Nobody bought them because we're just not that stupid and learned how to do math. Bummer, what to do? The offer scrypt miners for 10G and no refunds. That way they've got the money and don't have to give it back when new people learn how to do math. Bonus smartness comes in when they will convert neptune orders that had the possibility of a refund over to the new "terms and conditions" of no refund scrypt miner. The last bit stinks of Hashfast.

Seriously, who is running the business over there? Do these companies all get together in some bar or strip club and compares notes?
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:29:20 PM

KnCMiner Sells $2 Million Worth of Dogecoin and Litecoin Mining Rigs in Just Four Hours

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kncminer-sells-2-million-worth-dogecoin-litecoin-mining-rigs-just-four-hours-1441047

WTF Huh
nikolaz

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:44:22 PM

KnCMiner Sells $2 Million Worth of Dogecoin and Litecoin Mining Rigs in Just Four Hours

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kncminer-sells-2-million-worth-dogecoin-litecoin-mining-rigs-just-four-hours-1441047

WTF Huh

Well, what will happen if the devs decide to move from scrypt to scrypt-n? Also release date is so long away, it is better to invest your money on Dogecoin, start trading and become the woof of dogestreet. There are no correlations between introduction of ASIC into Sha-256 and Scrypt. More popular coin devs will listen to their community and move to ASIC resistant algorithms.
Pages: « 1 ... 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 [1550] 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: