Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:32:30 AM

i've been saying for long enough, as soon as these farms start to sell coins, the price is going to slowly drop. nomatter how tactical or how much a spread they try to make on the sell orders, regular volume on exchanges will make exchanges devalue the commodity. KnC and others like them are only making a rod for their own backs (and kicking us in the teeth in the process) - but you can guarantee that once they have mined BTC to double digit$, they will try and sell off all those used blades.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:45:57 AM

i've been saying for long enough, as soon as these farms start to sell coins, the price is going to slowly drop. nomatter how tactical or how much a spread they try to make on the sell orders, regular volume on exchanges will make exchanges devalue the commodity. KnC and others like them are only making a rod for their own backs (and kicking us in the teeth in the process) - but you can guarantee that once they have mined BTC to double digit$, they will try and sell off all those used blades.

New coins make up a tiny percentage of trades.  Besides, the total number of bitcoins minted doesn't increase just because someone has a lot of hashing power.  That's why there are difficulty adjustments.  Wink
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:46:39 AM

[...]
 Developers, instead of focusing on easing adoption, either doing endless patches or focus on some theoretically interesting, but esoteric stuff like contracts, colored coins, etc. If a contract can be described as a function of a single satoshi, how this can help the value of BTC? It wouldn't.

Are you just here for the money?  Bitcoin is more than just lining the pockets of speculators and miners.  There are many amazing useful layers that can be built on the Bitcoin protocol and it is, IMO, quite short-sighted to discredit them.

raskul

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:48:47 AM

New coins make up a tiny

regular

percentage of trades.  Besides, the number of bitcoins minted doesn't increase just because someone has a lot of hashing power. 

but sell orders do when organisations have more than the lions share

That's why there are difficulty adjustments.  Wink

which has nothing to do with how an org sells it's stock.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:13:04 AM

New coins make up a tiny

regular

percentage of trades.  Besides, the number of bitcoins minted doesn't increase just because someone has a lot of hashing power. 

Way to cherry-pick my quote.  You misrepresented or didn't understand my comment about difficulty changes.  I simply meant to point out that the number of bitcoins minted doesn't increase just because some organization has a lot if hashing power.

Each block still takes approximately 10 minutes.  A big organization will take more of the blocks.  But I don't see how this is going to significantly drive the price of BTC down.  There are many other things that can do that much more easily like the failure of the premier BTC exchange.  I actually think that a major decrease in people investing in new hardware bought with BTC is likely to have a significant effect on BTC demand therefore driving down the exchange rate.

I don't understand what your "regular" comment is supposed to mean.
raskul

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:29:17 AM

Way to cherry-pick my quote.  You misrepresented or didn't understand my comment about difficulty changes.  I simply meant to point out that the number of bitcoins minted doesn't increase just because some organization has a lot if hashing power.

Each block still takes approximately 10 minutes.  A big organization will take more of the blocks.  But I don't see how this is going to significantly drive the price of BTC down.  There are many other things that can do that much more easily like the failure of the premier BTC exchange.  I actually think that a major decrease in people investing in new hardware bought with BTC is likely to have a significant effect on BTC demand therefore driving down the exchange rate.

I don't think gox has anything to do with the current price trend. What we are seeing is farms making 'regular' sell orders - nomatter how small; exchanges pick up on patterns and react accordingly, it is my firm belief that the recent (and ongoing) price drop is mainly to do with patterns in the sell orders, caused (in part - not solely) by mining farms btc to fiat cashouts. You don't think this is inevitable?
anyhoo, going off topic really, KnC are just one of many farms, and I very much doubt they are mining this volume of btc to hold onto. Unless you have other information?

sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:48:36 AM

New coins make up a tiny

regular

early on in the asic game, it was BTC ONLY as form of payment....no btc meant you had to go out and buy some to get the hardware...price goes up??

with vendors now all taking wire transfer, paypal, credit cards and btc, then we have the likes of BITMAIN looking to dump btc is 1000 minimum quantities does not help price
raskul

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:52:31 AM

early on in the asic game, it was BTC ONLY as form of payment....no btc meant you had to go out and buy some to get the hardware...price goes up??

good point. I had viewed the big rally up ($1200) to be partly due to the fact that our BTC was something that we were holding onto. markets also react to no-sell in this way. many holders makes the value.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:39:42 AM

one thing to remember is that the AML rules are firmly in place everywhere to where coinbase, etc had to enact $1000 daily instant caps instead of 10 btc (which was over $10000 during the heyday) of instant daily buying support

losing 90% of instant support reduces the amount of players to protect drops...  sure you can still buy 50 if you care to wait 4 days in freeze mode while the price does whatever.. 

that is just one of the many examples..  okpay,etc getting forced out of the USD $$ markets...  many many inflows were crimped while more and more ways to spend btc opened up with tiger direct, overstock, and so many others..

there isn't real price discovery at the moment...  hardly has been, but was closer to that last fall into the runup for sure

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:03:33 AM

Auroracoin "airdrop" in about 13 hours too... I expect most Icelanders will be trading for btc, and cashing out.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:05:55 AM

i do not think so

if airdrop will be success

auroracoin will be going very well
jegersmart

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:40:13 AM

yay......a KNC scrypt miner delivering in 2014 at some stage....lend us $10k now though!!!lololololol

J
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:42:16 AM

If they would sell that Boden hashpower at a decent rate, or fulfill orders with it...it would create a huge diff increase offset, and be a huge benefit to Neptune holders and the community as a whole, because it's already a part of the cloud, and would cause zero diff increase, yet at the same time offer a great deal. They do have the ability to turn it into a HUGE customer advantage in this way. I hope they "Do the right thing"
That would be HUGE imho, and may even happen.

SO you are KNC you have hashpower, it creates $x an hour, your customers can do math and will not buy it for more than $x an hour,
show me a business model where it makes more sense to sell it for $x minus a little to make it profitable for your customers vs. just keeping it all your self and making raw profit?

The KNCcloud is just there to appease you when Neptune comes in late, then they will go back to using it for their own profit, why are you expecting anything customer centric when their focus has clearly changed from that lonnnnng ago?
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:49:29 AM

The KNCcloud is just there to appease you when Neptune comes in late, then they will go back to using it for their own profit, why are you expecting anything customer centric when their focus has clearly changed from that lonnnnng ago?

KNC's new direction and orama's abscence, connected ?

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:59:58 AM

KNC's new direction and orama's abscence, connected ?

no
jegersmart

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 11:17:45 AM

If they would sell that Boden hashpower at a decent rate, or fulfill orders with it...it would create a huge diff increase offset, and be a huge benefit to Neptune holders and the community as a whole, because it's already a part of the cloud, and would cause zero diff increase, yet at the same time offer a great deal. They do have the ability to turn it into a HUGE customer advantage in this way. I hope they "Do the right thing"
That would be HUGE imho, and may even happen.

SO you are KNC you have hashpower, it creates $x an hour, your customers can do math and will not buy it for more than $x an hour,
show me a business model where it makes more sense to sell it for $x minus a little to make it profitable for your customers vs. just keeping it all your self and making raw profit?

I think this is a bit naive tbh.....

J
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:30:22 AM

Spoondoodles or whatever their name is has said they don't plan to mine, other than 24 hours of burn in testing which they donate to charity.

Any manufacturer that mines has an inherent conflict of interest with its customers especially when it can delay shipment (and keep mining for itself) without any real consequences.

Let's face facts here.  Conflict or not, every manufacturer mines with their own equipment.  This is no secret.  I'm pretty sure even BitMain has a farm of some sort.

I don't think they've denied it. In fact I think they've been open about it. "Spoondoodles" denies it.

While I don't feel very comfortable jumping into a competitor thread, I do would like to emphasize that we are committed to what we have have said before - none of our client units will be used for self-mining, beyond a standard burn-in test, with resulting proceeds will be publicly donated to a charity. Moreover, these clients who decide to use our upcoming hosted plan, will have the burn-in proceeds going immediately to their own set-up wallets.

This is part of company ethos, insisted by our investors and one of the reasons that I personally have joined them in the first place. We are (still) a start-up sized team, so any generated BTC during testing, tuning, etc... are completely transparent and being accounted in for the future charity proceeds.
BitchImightbe

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:39:15 AM

Spoondoodles or whatever their name is has said they don't plan to mine, other than 24 hours of burn in testing which they donate to charity.

Any manufacturer that mines has an inherent conflict of interest with its customers especially when it can delay shipment (and keep mining for itself) without any real consequences.

Let's face facts here.  Conflict or not, every manufacturer mines with their own equipment.  This is no secret.  I'm pretty sure even BitMain has a farm of some sort.

I don't think they've denied it. In fact I think they've been open about it. "Spoondoodles" denies it.

While I don't feel very comfortable jumping into a competitor thread, I do would like to emphasize that we are committed to what we have have said before - none of our client units will be used for self-mining, beyond a standard burn-in test, with resulting proceeds will be publicly donated to a charity. Moreover, these clients who decide to use our upcoming hosted plan, will have the burn-in proceeds going immediately to their own set-up wallets.

This is part of company ethos, insisted by our investors and one of the reasons that I personally have joined them in the first place. We are (still) a start-up sized team, so any generated BTC during testing, tuning, etc... are completely transparent and being accounted in for the future charity proceeds.

But you do have a farm, just not clients units?
Don´t lie  Smiley
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:46:03 AM

Don´t lie  Smiley

Right, here is what most hardware manufacturers do to get private customer funded farms:

1.) Sell a miner to a customer at 4x the cost of production.
2.) Add 3 miners to a private farm with profit from the sale of the customer unit.
3.) Rince and repeat thousands of times.

I'm almost certain that Knc and BuzzDave (BitFury) followed this business model.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:50:29 AM

Don´t lie  Smiley

Again, the hosting capabilities that we have are intended for the hosted plans, which we are going to introduce shortly.
Pages: « 1 ... 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: