Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:42:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DiabloMiner GPU Miner  (Read 866213 times)
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2010, 02:01:53 AM

does diablominer work with the new getwork from the official client ?

Not yet, still gotta use m0's version instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2010, 10:37:35 AM

Sigh, -s did not work as well as I had hoped, and now it is gone. There goes my 99.1% efficiency, back to 95% I go.

I've updated the mhash counter code to average over 30 seconds, and I've also added executor lockup detection (which should never happen, but apparently does on really fubar machines).

Fixing it to work on satoshi's getwork impl is still on my todo list.

Also, for those having the lwjgl ELFCLASS32 bug on Ubuntu x86-64, I've discovered the fix: your DISPLAY is unset because you're running it headless over ssh. Do export DISPLAY=:0 before running and it should work fine now.

taypan

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 07:44:24 PM

Hi, I am trying the latest DiabloMiner build.
But when i run
Code:
./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u user -p pass
i am still getting same error:
Code:
Added GeForce 8800 GTS (12 CU, 1x vector, local work size of clang: Too many positional arguments specified!
Can specify at most 1 positional arguments: See: clang --help

I am runnig Debian Testing and my GPU is GeForce 8800 GTS.

Can someone help me?

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 08:55:51 PM

Try
Code:
./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -w 128 -u user -p pass
Maybe it works when you specify the work size (-w switch)

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2010, 10:48:19 PM

Hi Diablo, I just tested your miner against current (0.3.17) client version (unpatched) and this does not work. There is getwork feature already included in official client. Do you plan to update your API to accept default client implementation? It would be cool.

One more question. Is possible to add parameter to specify port or even whole URL to client? Now you only accept 'host' parameter, so both port or path inside uri are hardcoded inside. I'm working on cooperative mining and I would like to test it against your miner, too. Full URL in command line whould help me a lot.

Thanks, Marek

Judson

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 05:58:30 AM

Weird, I get:

Code:
Added Radeon HD 4670 (8 CU, 2x vector, local work size of 
ERROR: [CL_INVALID_BUILD_OPTIONS] : OpenCL Error : clBuildProgram failed: Invalid build options "-D VECTORS=2 -D NS="(u)((nonce * 2) + 0, (nonce * 2) + 1)" -D CHECKOUTPUT="if(H.s0 == 0) {output[0] = ns.s0;}if(H.s1 == 0) {output[1] = ns.s1;}" -D WORKGROUPSIZE="""

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Failed to build program on Radeon HD 4670
at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner$DeviceState.<init>(DiabloMiner.java:368)
at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.execute(DiabloMiner.java:195)
at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.main(DiabloMiner.java:88)

when trying to run DiabloMiner-OSX.sh with my username and pass.
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2010, 09:38:20 AM

Hi, I am trying the latest DiabloMiner build.
But when i run
Code:
./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u user -p pass
i am still getting same error:
Code:
Added GeForce 8800 GTS (12 CU, 1x vector, local work size of clang: Too many positional arguments specified!

I am runnig Debian Testing and my GPU is GeForce 8800 GTS.

Can someone help me?

Nvidia drivers currently have a bug that Nvidia has not fixed yet. There was already an issue open about this on the tracker.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2010, 09:43:27 AM

Hi Diablo, I just tested your miner against current (0.3.17) client version (unpatched) and this does not work. There is getwork feature already included in official client. Do you plan to update your API to accept default client implementation? It would be cool.

One more question. Is possible to add parameter to specify port or even whole URL to client? Now you only accept 'host' parameter, so both port or path inside uri are hardcoded inside. I'm working on cooperative mining and I would like to test it against your miner, too. Full URL in command line would help me a lot.

Thanks, Marek

Its on the todo list to make it work with satoshi's getwork impl.

My client supports both host and port, see -o and -p. If you need anything else, it may be more useful to request something from satoshi as to support in the official client (which then I can support).

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2010, 09:44:33 AM

Weird, I get:

Code:
Added Radeon HD 4670 (8 CU, 2x vector, local work size of 
ERROR: [CL_INVALID_BUILD_OPTIONS] : OpenCL Error : clBuildProgram failed: Invalid build options "-D VECTORS=2 -D NS="(u)((nonce * 2) + 0, (nonce * 2) + 1)" -D CHECKOUTPUT="if(H.s0 == 0) {output[0] = ns.s0;}if(H.s1 == 0) {output[1] = ns.s1;}" -D WORKGROUPSIZE="""

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Failed to build program on Radeon HD 4670
at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner$DeviceState.<init>(DiabloMiner.java:368)
at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.execute(DiabloMiner.java:195)
at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.main(DiabloMiner.java:88)

when trying to run DiabloMiner-OSX.sh with my username and pass.

OSX seems to suffer from the same bug Nvidia does. Neither of them support the specification required ability to do -Dfoo=bar.

slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2010, 01:09:39 PM

My client supports both host and port, see -o and -p. If you need anything else, it may be more useful to request something from satoshi as to support in the official client (which then I can support).

Oh, I missed -p parameter. I expected -o to be full http address of json rpc. It is good enough now, I can point my json rpc service to root path on some port.

Judson

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 07:03:35 PM

OSX seems to suffer from the same bug Nvidia does. Neither of them support the specification required ability to do -Dfoo=bar.

Do you see a fix for this in the future?
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2010, 10:58:59 PM

Do you see a fix for this in the future?

Ask Apple. They do not comply with the specification, and they probably don't care.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2010, 07:26:15 PM

Update: Miner now works with Satoshi's getwork impl, so you don't need to patch anymore.

hogofwar

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 07:53:19 PM

I get this error running the latest compiled version with the supplied windows execution parameters:

http://j.mp/g8jEjO
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2010, 10:02:08 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2010, 02:58:07 AM by em3rgentOrdr

I am having this error when running DiabloMiner-Linux.sh on Ubuntu 10.04 with GeForce 9800 GX2:

./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u xxxxxxxx -p xxxxxxxx
Added GeForce 9800 GX2 (16 CU, 1x vector, local work size of clang: Too many positional arguments specified!

This is what clang --help produces:

clang --helpOVERVIEW: clang "gcc-compatible" driver

USAGE: clang [options] <inputs>

OPTIONS:
  -###                    Print the commands to run for this compilation
  --analyze               Run the static analyzer
  --help                  Display available options
  --relocatable-pch       Build a relocatable precompiled header
  -E                      Only run the preprocessor
  -ObjC++                 Treat source input files as Objective-C++ inputs
  -ObjC                   Treat source input files as Objective-C inputs
  -Qunused-arguments      Don't emit warning for unused driver arguments
  -S                      Only run preprocess and compilation steps
  -Wa,<arg>               Pass the comma separated arguments in <arg> to the assembler
  -Wl,<arg>               Pass the comma separated arguments in <arg> to the linker
  -Wp,<arg>               Pass the comma separated arguments in <arg> to the preprocessor
  -Xanalyzer <arg>        Pass <arg> to the static analyzer
  -Xassembler <arg>       Pass <arg> to the assembler
  -Xclang <arg>           Pass <arg> to the clang compiler
  -Xlinker <arg>          Pass <arg> to the linker
  -Xpreprocessor <arg>    Pass <arg> to the preprocessor
  -c                      Only run preprocess, compile, and assemble steps
  -emit-ast               Emit Clang AST files for source inputs
  -emit-llvm              Use the LLVM representation for assembler and object files
  -fcatch-undefined-behavior
                          Generate runtime checks for undefined behavior.
  -o <file>               Write output to <file>
  -pipe                   Use pipes between commands, when possible
  -print-file-name=<file> Print the full library path of <file>
  -print-libgcc-file-name Print the library path for "libgcc.a"
  -print-prog-name=<name> Print the full program path of <name>
  -print-search-dirs      Print the paths used for finding libraries and programs
  -rewrite-objc           Rewrite Objective-C source to C++
  -save-temps             Save intermediate compilation results
  -time                   Time individual commands
  -v                      Show commands to run and use verbose output
  -x <language>           Treat subsequent input files as having type <language>

Please explain what I need to do to run your miner.  Thanks.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2010, 01:44:27 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2010, 11:03:29 AM by slush

./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u **** -p ****
Added GeForce 9800 GX2 (16 CU, 1x vector, local work size of clang: Too many positional arguments specified!

Same on Win7 & Nvidia. Previous binaries working like a charm.

Btw thanks for getwork update! It's cool we do not need patch anymore!

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2010, 03:01:40 AM

I get this error running the latest compiled version with the supplied windows execution parameters:

As per the post immediately before yours, update to the normal 0.3.17 binary, not a m0 patched one

I am having this error when running DiabloMiner-Linux.sh on Ubuntu 10.04 with GeForce 9800 GX2:

./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u fontaine -p dsfah

You two are both suffering from the fact Nvidia has broken drivers. They do not comply with the OpenCL specification. Until either they fix it, or I figure out a workaround that doesn't involve me getting rid of defines in the kernel altogether, this can't be fixed.

Go bitch at Nvidia, maybe they'll listen if more people do it.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2010, 03:12:51 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2010, 03:23:10 AM by em3rgentOrdr

You two are both suffering from the fact Nvidia has broken drivers. They do not comply with the OpenCL specification. Until either they fix it, or I figure out a workaround that doesn't involve me getting rid of defines in the kernel altogether, this can't be fixed.

Go bitch at Nvidia, maybe they'll listen if more people do it.

Damnit!!!  Proprietary crap!!!  I swear, I will never work at a pro-IP corporation ever or buy another closed-source piece of hardware ever!  My new goal in life: develop and release an open source GPGPU.  Or maybe for the time being write an open source bitcoiner FPGA miner and post it to opencores.org...

Do you know of open source drivers that I can use instead?

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 05, 2010, 03:25:06 AM

Open source drivers won't get you an open source OpenCL compiler and implementation, unfortunately.

The open source driver bits are mostly there.  The driver folks know how OpenCL will work, what ioctl(s) it will use....  once an open source OpenCL exists.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2010, 03:51:21 AM

Damnit!!!  Proprietary crap!!!  I swear, I will never work at a pro-IP corporation ever or buy another closed-source piece of hardware ever!  My new goal in life: develop and release an open source GPGPU.  Or maybe for the time being write an open source bitcoiner FPGA miner and post it to opencores.org...

Its not the proprietary crap issue. Catalyst on Linux works fine, but obviously you need AMD hardware to use AMD drivers.

FPGAs aren't worth dealing with. Due to the cost of mass producing a generic massively parallel high throughput product like Radeon 5xxx series GPUs, you need about $3k worth of FPGA hardware to keep up with a $500 5970. AMD, however, is paying several million dollars to develop an entire open source solution through the existing X/Mesa/DRI community (along with Intel).

Open source drivers won't get you an open source OpenCL compiler and implementation, unfortunately.

The open source driver bits are mostly there.  The driver folks know how OpenCL will work, what ioctl(s) it will use....  once an open source OpenCL exists.

Actually, Mesa has a very early non-functional prototype that uses Gallium. I suspect in the nest 2-3 years you can run my miner on Radeon 5xxx hardware with a fully open source stack.

However, as long as Nvidia continues to unofficially threaten to sue projects like Nouveau for trying to support Nvidia on the new Gallium stack, Nvidia is probably going to go bankrupt before they turn around and quit pissing off customers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: