May 05, 2024, 11:40:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19171 19172 19173 19174 19175 19176 19177 19178 19179 19180 19181 19182 19183 19184 19185 19186 19187 19188 19189 19190 19191 19192 19193 19194 19195 19196 19197 19198 19199 19200 19201 19202 19203 19204 19205 19206 19207 19208 19209 19210 19211 19212 19213 19214 19215 19216 19217 19218 19219 19220 [19221] 19222 19223 19224 19225 19226 19227 19228 19229 19230 19231 19232 19233 19234 19235 19236 19237 19238 19239 19240 19241 19242 19243 19244 19245 19246 19247 19248 19249 19250 19251 19252 19253 19254 19255 19256 19257 19258 19259 19260 19261 19262 19263 19264 19265 19266 19267 19268 19269 19270 19271 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:21:53 AM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

Anyone else unable to access coinbase?  Won't load since yesterday on either of my browsers and cant access the send/receive on my phone.

Coinbase good here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:25:45 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Dunkelheit667 (1)

Also people going CRAZY over GPUs. People basically paying $1500 for GPUs and Computer Stores either Out of Stock on PSUs or REFUSING to sell PSUs without a Mobo+CPU combo.

People are mining on Nvidia these days?

yup, for alt coins. then exchange for btc.

vs amd, they cost more up front but are more power efficient in the long term.

Perhaps in the most simplistic terms(which..around here is not really a bad thing).

Its really more to do with the Equihash algo...it runs better on Cuda than OpenGL..so where before..AMD had the advantage on hashing sha-256(way back..pre-asic) and scrypt(not so way back but still a couple years ago) today's markets are filled by both...perhaps I should say empty of both?

-random thoughts-
It comes down to architecture..AMD has been behind machine learning and large data set simulation since CNG became a thing. They have expanded with Vega and Infinity Fabric. Modular SoC are here. Being able to just add compute complexes as needed is a game changer. TSCM..one of the largest nodes for producing wafers...over half of their production is running a 16nm ASIC process..not gpu or flash memory.
Why do I mention this? Because the supply is not just suddenly going to grow. All current cards are getting snapped up at a premium. Something similar happened in 2014.
GPU mining is not going anywhere. Whether or not it will be profitable is up to the market.

Anyone else unable to access coinbase?  Won't load since yesterday on either of my browsers and cant access the send/receive on my phone.

Seems ok. Better flush.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:36:34 AM
Merited by Dabs (1)

People are mining on Nvidia these days?

yup, for alt coins. then exchange for btc.

vs amd, they cost more up front but are more power efficient in the long term.

Perhaps in the most simplistic terms(which..around here is not really a bad thing).

Its really more to do with the Equihash algo...it runs better on Cuda than OpenGL..so where before..AMD had the advantage on hashing sha-256(way back..pre-asic) and scrypt(not so way back but still a couple years ago) today's markets are filled by both...perhaps I should say empty of both?

-random thoughts-
It comes down to architecture..AMD has been behind machine learning and large data set simulation since CNG became a thing. They have expanded with Vega and Infinity Fabric. Modular SoC are here. Being able to just add compute complexes as needed is a game changer. TSCM..one of the largest nodes for producing wafers...over half of their production is running a 16nm ASIC process..not gpu or flash memory.
Why do I mention this? Because the supply is not just suddenly going to grow. All current cards are getting snapped up at a premium. Something similar happened in 2014.
GPU mining is not going anywhere. Whether or not it will be profitable is up to the market.

yeah i tried to keep it simple. amd is generally better on some algos, nvidia at others. and even within the amd and nvidia lines some models are better at some algos than others (say 1070 vs 1080ti on nvidia, or 580 vs vega on amd). makes mining a with a mixed rig like mine more fun.

back when i mined btc on amd gpus the VLIW4 vs VLIW5 generation was a big deal if i recall correctly.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:47:01 AM

And as you might recall, that phone is stored in a Faraday cage.

Nothing spells prepped for doomsday more than a European guy walking around with a cell phone trying to spend bitcoins in a post-industrial civilization among an ocean of Islamic rapists.

A cellphone and a Glock.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:49:44 AM

Whether or not it will be profitable is up to the market.

nothing of unprofitable will last for long. If vga prices wil stay high and higher then alt prices will have to stay high enough to repay the capital invested in a relatively short time. Either that or someone will go bankrupt.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:02:44 AM

White doctor gets 175 years in prison for molesting gymnasts:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-24/i-just-signed-your-death-warrant-us-ex-gymnastics-doctor-sentenced-175-years-prison

Black elementary school teacher gets...nothing for taking all clothes off and trying to rape students in broad daylight:

https://dailystormer.red/imagine-my-shawk-nigger-teacher-strips-down-and-runs-around-trying-to-rape-his-students/

Woman caught?  Probably get a paycheck.  What is the lesson from this?  Society considers only white males as adult humans responsible for their actions, considers women large children not liable for their actions, and blacks as wild animals that are just going to murder or rape everything they see.  Since society and the legal system agree, sounds like it's time to get all of those classifications signed into law.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:03:06 AM

Can i ask? What is the best trading site now for bitcoin ? Btc -usdt?  Thanks .

If you are in the US, I recommend Gemini. Their support is complete and utter shit, but it's the simplest exchange I've found for wiring in/out money, once your accounts are properly linked and jumped through their AML/KYC hoops.

Coinbase is an even worse shit-show right now.

My partner applied for a limit increase last week, and got an email last night saying;

"Hi, Rick Lawblaw. Unfortunately we're not able to increase your Coinbase limits at this time, but you're welcome to try again in the future. In the meantime, please keep in mind that your limits may automatically increase as you build up a purchase history with us."

The dude is worth more than me in pure fiat right now, and they are giving him the runaround.

What amazing bullshit.

He's off on business overseas at the moment, and really pissed off about it. Is going to wire in money to Gemini when he gets back next week.

The nice thing with Gemini is, once you've wired in whatever amount of fiat you've chosen, you're essentially setting your own trading limits, depending on your risk aversion profile.

EDIT: Whoops. You said BTC/USDT. No idea, brother.

I'm from philippines and our main wallet coin.ph have a limit also so i dunowhat to do hehe i didnt know also all about gemini  sir i prefer to use binance or bittrex? Is my money is safe here?  What do you think? I need an advice from you master Smiley
 Thanks.

Is there a mirror for this somewhere ? Not able to see the PDF, and ain't no way I'm paying for it.

I am calling for a nice little spike within 36 hours.

I'll keep HODLing on my $12.5k sell order for another 36 hours.

If it plunges below $10k, I will find you, and make you my bitch.

No lube.
[/quote]
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:04:15 AM

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that the Chinese put all kinds of trackers on their phones, primarily to keep tabs on their own people, but of course also spilling over to us roundeyes when we purchase a phone from them.

I just don't think those trackers have any consequences for me when I sweep my keys. That's why I asked for examples, If I'm proved wrong I would have to reexamine my position.

OK, If I overstated your position I apologize for that, and yes, I was unnecessarily dickish in the post that lit all this off, sorry.

If you are only using a phone to sweep a few bucks worth of forks out of addresses ALREADY EMPTIED of BTC (and actually I would say BCH depending on the balance) I guess the convenience may be worth the risk.

As far as examples, absence of proof is not proof of absence, phones get hacked all the time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/business/dealbook/phone-hack-bitcoin-virtual-currency.html

These days only fools use text message 2fa .
Text message 2fa is not true 2fa for the very reason hackers can port your phone number.
google authenticater or authy  is true 2fa in that no phone number involved.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:04:42 AM
Merited by Dabs (2)

I am calling for a nice little spike within 36 hours.

I'll keep HODLing on my $12.5k sell order for another 36 hours.

If it plunges below $10k, I will find you, and make you my bitch.

No lube.

Whoaza!!!!!!

Prediction making has consequences these days.   Us HODLers, and perhaps especially Toxic, are hoping for a spike in the upwards direction in the coming day and a half.

Regarding my own predicting abilities, I frequently am pretty whimpy in that respect.  I consider that currently we have a BTC  price battle that is largely ranging in the $10k to $12.5k arena, so certainly Bob is betting on price movement into the upper end of the range - which seems to be reasonable, yet really nothing to write home about until we bounce either above the range into the $13ks or below the range, into the 4 digits.  Maybe I am close to 50/50 in my current thinking regarding which way the break out is going to go, and I suppose that if I was forced in either direction, I would give a slightly more favorable to up.. perhaps 51%

No hopium here per say my friend. Just putting forth some speculation. If enough of us throw mud against the wall..some is bound to stick.

My use of "hope" might NOT have been the best of choices, yet I did not mean anything denigrating about it  - because certainly the past month has been a bit frustrating for HODLers and those of us who have been contemplating decent likelihoods of further upwards BTC price movements.  So, surely, the longer that BTC prices bleed downwards and then get stuck in lower price ranges causes many folks to become less and less bullish - and even perhaps to give up on some of their BTC accumulation strategy and to take profits while the price is going down... just likely establishing that some of these folks are engaging in such behavior because they are over-invested (even if just short-term) even in light of their own long term BTC bullishness.

Personally, If we really reflect upon what we are doing, I don't think that many of us are really throwing up mud - because in the end, even though a lot of folks like to talk in terms of absolutes, I really think that if push comes to shove, they are merely talking in terms of what they believe to be more probable than not, even while most folks tend to assign too high a percentage on the side of the outcome that they believe to be most probable.

I actually think you show the most discipline when it comes to having a "strategy" anyway.

Maybe I am a bit of a navel gazer because I certainly do get some pleasures out of analyzing my own approach - whether anyone responds to my analysis or not.  

I think that by constantly attempting to practice and then looking at your own approach, you become more and more in tune with how to make it better and perhaps less emotionally involved.  Yet, believe me, I also have second thoughts about my own approach, especially when the overall value of my holdings drops 50%.  I mean I am trading with so small of a percentage of my overall holdings that BTC prices falling causes nearly an equal drop in the overall value of my holdings, even though I am buying all the way down.

In reviewing my own application of my buy on the way down system, I see that when BTC prices hit $19,666, I had accumulated fiat that was valued about 10% of my total value.  When BTC prices dropped by 50%, I used about 50% of what I had accumulated in fiat to buy back BTC.  If BTC prices were to drop an additional 75% from $11,300 to $3k, then I already have BTC buy orders set up that project that I would end up using 75% of my currently existing fiat to buy back BTC down to that $3k level.

I am not even sure if I understand my own system exactly because from time to time I tweak it a little bit to confirm that "this would be good at x price" or "this would be good y price,"  so if BTC prices go shooting one way or another (which we have already witnessed very many times, even in recent times), then I have already predetermined my buy/sell amounts to be o.k for such BTC price shooting.  

Actually, several of us HODLers and BTC bulls were probably quite shocked beyond our belief to experience BTC prices to shoot up with such violence past $5k - $7k and into the 5 digits and then to go as far as $19,666.  Yes, a lot of us have considered shooting up past that $5-$7k price range to be possible, but it became quite a deer in the headlights moment when it happened, and there are some folks who have some tentative plan that they follow no matter what (and that was me), and some others who were stressed out because they were trying to create a plan in the midst of the happening, which is much more difficult to do.  

I think that no matter what some of us, including myself, are going to have second thoughts about "I should have sold more" or "I should have bought more" , yet the more that you consider your plan in advance and reconsider and tweak it, the better you are going to be to lessen some of those stresses (that do not go away completely).

And ikr...Bob is out to get me...im scared kinda.       ..not even the common courtesy to offer a reach around. /s
You will be fine tomorrow Bob..go find some varmint to take it out on.

Probably Bob is much more of a sweet teddy bear (not trying to imply) than he makes out to be.  

Nice doji forming on the 6hr..

After all these years in bitcoin, I frequently have difficulties attributing meaning to some of these chart (TA) indictators, and sometimes difficult to determine which chart is best for which purpose.  I do tend to think that the 3 day or the 1 week are better to figure out if trade volume is moving in one or another direction - because sometimes we can lulls in the action for a few days that returns in GREAT force a few days later.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:13:23 AM

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that the Chinese put all kinds of trackers on their phones, primarily to keep tabs on their own people, but of course also spilling over to us roundeyes when we purchase a phone from them.

I just don't think those trackers have any consequences for me when I sweep my keys. That's why I asked for examples, If I'm proved wrong I would have to reexamine my position.

OK, If I overstated your position I apologize for that, and yes, I was unnecessarily dickish in the post that lit all this off, sorry.

If you are only using a phone to sweep a few bucks worth of forks out of addresses ALREADY EMPTIED of BTC (and actually I would say BCH depending on the balance) I guess the convenience may be worth the risk.

As far as examples, absence of proof is not proof of absence, phones get hacked all the time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/business/dealbook/phone-hack-bitcoin-virtual-currency.html

Apology accepted. All good.
I don't get it, how can they move a mobile phone number? Where I live the number is locked to the sim card. If you want to move your number to another phone you would have to physically move the sim card to that phone. There is no other way.
vanobe

Activity: 164
Merit: 37

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:16:21 AM

It's been online for days with no problems according to this.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/coinbase.com.html

Try installing the latest versions of some alternative browsers.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:23:56 AM

Text message 2fa is not true 2fa for the very reason hackers can port your phone number.

Is there any way to stop Authy from keeping a copy of my secret keys?
vanobe

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:28:02 AM

I don't get it, how can they move a mobile phone number? Where I live the number is locked to the sim card. If you want to move your number to another phone you would have to physically move the sim card to that phone. There is no other way.

In most of the world it's possible to transfer a phone number to a different sim card. There's a few scams that use the technique, and most people aren't aware of them

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/phone-number-porting-scam-grows-in-australia-with-thousands-of-dollars-stolen-from-victims/news-story/6dc83c76543b5888b12a10790b9ee209

Gold Coast businesswoman Cynthia Dammerer discovered she had been targeted by criminals after her mobile phone mysteriously went out of service after 9pm one night.

While she initially thought her phone network was down, she later discovered the fraudsters had also broken into her email account and tried to change her password.

I called Telstra and they said I had moved my number over to Vodafone and I’d have to go into a store to sort it out,” she said. “I had no idea.”

Ms Dammerer said scammers had moved her phone number to an untraceable Vodafone prepaid account so it could be used to verify bank account transactions, and potentially create new accounts.

“They did it all online,” she said. “They didn’t even have to go into a shop.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:33:13 AM
Merited by Dabs (1), Last of the V8s (1)

Replying to myself, Authy backups are encrypted locally. Yay!

https://authy.com/blog/how-the-authy-two-factor-backups-work/
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:35:21 AM

is that the problem with Authy?

Doug alludes to a problem in one of his vids, but doesn't go into details.  I am uncomfortable with Google (Alphabet) having my data.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:39:11 AM

And replying to myself, Polk says that Authy uses your phone number!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBVCn7q_fSI  08:15
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:41:54 AM

In most of the world it's possible to transfer a phone number to a different sim card. There's a few scams that use the technique, and most people aren't aware of them

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/phone-number-porting-scam-grows-in-australia-with-thousands-of-dollars-stolen-from-victims/news-story/6dc83c76543b5888b12a10790b9ee209

Gold Coast businesswoman Cynthia Dammerer discovered she had been targeted by criminals after her mobile phone mysteriously went out of service after 9pm one night.

While she initially thought her phone network was down, she later discovered the fraudsters had also broken into her email account and tried to change her password.

I called Telstra and they said I had moved my number over to Vodafone and I’d have to go into a store to sort it out,” she said. “I had no idea.”

Ms Dammerer said scammers had moved her phone number to an untraceable Vodafone prepaid account so it could be used to verify bank account transactions, and potentially create new accounts.

“They did it all online,” she said. “They didn’t even have to go into a shop.

Ok I checked here and you can move your phone number to another phone company, but they will send you a new sim card with the number. So no magic online stuff. Would that not be a good way to get rid of the scamming in the rest of the world.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:47:12 AM

And replying to myself, Polk says that Authy uses your phone number!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBVCn7q_fSI  08:15

They use it for some stuff, but it doesn't appear to involve the actual keys, so should be fine.
vanobe

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:55:01 AM

Ok I checked here and you can move your phone number to another phone company, but they will send you a new sim card with the number. So no magic online stuff. Would that not be a good way to get rid of the scamming in the rest of the world.

Frankly I'm surprised they allow moving phone numbers to new sims so easily in the majority of the world. It would get rid of those scams if every country used your country's system. I don't understand why they haven't already done it.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:02:16 AM

the past month has been a bit frustrating for HODLers and those of us who have been contemplating decent likelihoods of further upwards BTC price movements

What eldritch horrors await those who put their faith in imaginary, paper assets in the end.
Pages: « 1 ... 19171 19172 19173 19174 19175 19176 19177 19178 19179 19180 19181 19182 19183 19184 19185 19186 19187 19188 19189 19190 19191 19192 19193 19194 19195 19196 19197 19198 19199 19200 19201 19202 19203 19204 19205 19206 19207 19208 19209 19210 19211 19212 19213 19214 19215 19216 19217 19218 19219 19220 [19221] 19222 19223 19224 19225 19226 19227 19228 19229 19230 19231 19232 19233 19234 19235 19236 19237 19238 19239 19240 19241 19242 19243 19244 19245 19246 19247 19248 19249 19250 19251 19252 19253 19254 19255 19256 19257 19258 19259 19260 19261 19262 19263 19264 19265 19266 19267 19268 19269 19270 19271 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: