May 04, 2024, 11:02:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19221 19222 19223 19224 19225 19226 19227 19228 19229 19230 19231 19232 19233 19234 19235 19236 19237 19238 19239 19240 19241 19242 19243 19244 19245 19246 19247 19248 19249 19250 19251 19252 19253 19254 19255 19256 19257 19258 19259 19260 19261 19262 19263 19264 19265 19266 19267 19268 19269 19270 [19271] 19272 19273 19274 19275 19276 19277 19278 19279 19280 19281 19282 19283 19284 19285 19286 19287 19288 19289 19290 19291 19292 19293 19294 19295 19296 19297 19298 19299 19300 19301 19302 19303 19304 19305 19306 19307 19308 19309 19310 19311 19312 19313 19314 19315 19316 19317 19318 19319 19320 19321 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:30:24 PM

And if you do, could you please remind them that the correct ticker for Bcash isn't BCC? It's BCH.

What the fuck is this nist place and why does it have any importance?

National Institute of Standards and Technology

you know...the people with the clock on 10MHz
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:30:46 PM

And if you do, could you please remind them that the correct ticker for Bcash isn't BCC? It's BCH.

It isn't a 3-letter agency, but a lowly 4.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_of_Standards_and_Technology
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4160

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:31:51 PM
Merited by Samarkand (1)

NIST: National Institute of Standards and Technology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_of_Standards_and_Technology

Windows adjusts the PC's real-time clock using their servers (if you select them).

Edit: They seem to have corrected the Bcash misinformation, which is a good thing and shows that the erroneous info wasn't intentional after all.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:34:01 PM

They sound absolutely delightful.

What do they have to do, or what can they do, with Bitcoin? What does Bcash gain from sending them silly emails?
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:36:38 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5), yefi (1), d_eddie (1)

Let me clarify my position.  I'm not saying the bcash gang is innocent.  I tried to state my point while being vague and without being direct which is a communication error on my side.  I believe the bcash gang AT LEAST shares the responsibility for the spam on Bitcoin and the pumps on BCASH.

EDIT: I see Torque beat me to it. I think his reply is worthy of consideration. But don't listen to me too much - I'm afraid he's winning me to the tinfoil club, one roll at a time.  Cheesy

I can buy into this.  This theory would remove some of the responsibility from the bcash gang and place it on heavier hands.  I mean... if we are going "tin foil hat" we might as well go full tin foil hat.

I think that the BCash gang was actually just a group of useful idiot patsies in all of this. I'm not 100% sure they were spamming the network (it could have been the work of Whales/Insiders that they were working with (eg.,were paying them), or they just knew), but they believed at the time that they were benefiting from it. Now, not so much.

I mean if you think about it, other than their reputations the BCash gang has little to lose and everything to gain. If BCash fails, they'll just let it slowly die and go back to mining Bitcoin 100%. The hardware is the same, so no loss there.

This is why I believe Wu is the real leader.
Wu has risked nothing. Ver is the one putting up most of the money. Craig and Ver both are trying to cash in on their names and feed their narcissistic personality disorders.
Ver could end up broke. Craig could end up with a bruised ego. Wu comes out a winner no matter what happens.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:41:13 PM

Wanna hear my theory? That in 2017 the flippening into alts, constant bitcoin spamming, FUD, and eventual creation of BCash were all related... a deliberate, multi-faceted, year long campaign that was well planned in advance. Whales and hedge funds started the crazy Bitcoin volatility and FUD all the way back in Jan 2017, and did it for one purpose: for all of the year, to shake as many people out and away from Bitcoin because they already knew that Bitcoin Futures were coming online in December (they are insiders after all -- and insiders know things well in advance of the public). And they couldn't just run the market straight up, that's not how big players take long positions. They were constantly pumping and shorting the whole time, all the while slowly ramping it up and building their long position over an entire year.

It's pretty obvious in hindsight. And if I'm right about this, then we should start to see alts slowly and almost imperceptibly bleed back into the Bitcoin market over time. We may even see a few "controlled demolitions" of some alts here and there, and their markets likely won't recover to previous ATHs after that.

This is probably what has been going on everything is related. And if it actually is they did a pretty damn good job as well. We shouldn't underestimate because they were smart as hell setting this all up. And while a lot of the people are FUDding, panickselling and cutting losses, they are setting themselves up at ridiculously low prices.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:41:32 PM

Agree with the previous post. The spam was designed to shake the tree. Bcash was never intended as a viable coin, it was just another tool to shake the tree.  

The long term goal was always to get their hands on our Bitcoin.

The Bcash gang has now realized they have shaken the tree a little too vigorously and allowed projects like Raiblocks and Ripple to get momentum.  They have no interest in these competing projects so ironically the efforts of the Bcash gang will now be directed at defending Bitcoin against the alts. Bcash will be abandoned, but not before two last pumps to drain further cash from the professional bagholders.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:50:30 PM

[https://i.imgur.com/dJ4KgoR.png[/img]

Last year, there were only three red volume months; January, March and September. September dumped because of profit taking after Segwit activated last August 24.

However, Bitcoin quickly recovered and rallied to its peak during the launch of CME Futures last December 18. So basically, January 2018 is a month of profit taking by speculators who bought prior to the CME hype.

This February will define if Bitcoin will continue its uptrend to $33,000 after the January correction.

The monthly chart shows strong support along $10,000 which also a psychological level.

Daily chart
Some bullish traders are expecting a repeat of the fractal patterns made before.

On Balance volume indicates a steady stream of money coming in despite the price decline.

Hopeful bulls are waiting around the 200 day MA ($8,963) to buy in.

Trade setup:

Buy/long the breakup/breakout of the triangle.
Sell/short the breakdown of the triangle.

Buy along the 200 day Moving Average.

Do you have to be a paid member on Trading View to see the 200 day moving average?, because I was wanting to attempt to verify this for myself.  I have heard some folks proclaiming that the 200 day moving average is in the mid $7000s, and so your proclamation of a 200 day moving average to be nearly $9k is surely a better number, from my perspective (because it is higher).  But verification?  How to calculate it?
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:53:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

[https://i.imgur.com/dJ4KgoR.png[/img]

Last year, there were only three red volume months; January, March and September. September dumped because of profit taking after Segwit activated last August 24.

However, Bitcoin quickly recovered and rallied to its peak during the launch of CME Futures last December 18. So basically, January 2018 is a month of profit taking by speculators who bought prior to the CME hype.

This February will define if Bitcoin will continue its uptrend to $33,000 after the January correction.

The monthly chart shows strong support along $10,000 which also a psychological level.

Daily chart
Some bullish traders are expecting a repeat of the fractal patterns made before.

On Balance volume indicates a steady stream of money coming in despite the price decline.

Hopeful bulls are waiting around the 200 day MA ($8,963) to buy in.

Trade setup:

Buy/long the breakup/breakout of the triangle.
Sell/short the breakdown of the triangle.

Buy along the 200 day Moving Average.

Do you have to be a paid member on Trading View to see the 200 day moving average?, because I was wanting to attempt to verify this for myself.  I have heard some folks proclaiming that the 200 day moving average is in the mid $7000s, and so your proclamation of a 200 day moving average to be nearly $9k is surely a better number, from my perspective (because it is higher).  But verification?  How to calculate it?
On a TradingView graph, click on the "Indicators" button at the top. It's the one with the bars and a zigzag line. A menu comes up, Moving Average is one of the possible choices.

After you OK it, your graph has the moving average added. Not sure about the defaults -anyway, if doesn't show the 200-day MA, but some other length, you've got to click on the cog button in the upper left near the new Moving Average label. You can choose 200 (if you're looking at the daily chart), and there it is.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:58:36 PM

- I feel like I am devolving from BTC price speculation down to random brainstorming regarding energy generation speculation with little to no grounding.    Cry Cry
I am detecting some cognitive dissonance reading thru the last several pages.

What else is new in regards to this thread?

Reminds me of someone.   Cheesy Cheesy
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:01:13 PM

Reminds me of someone.   Cheesy Cheesy
... who's been silent lately.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:05:20 PM

lightning has more nodes than btrash Cool
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:05:31 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 10:24:09 PM by ivomm
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), yefi (1), rolling (1), RejectedBanana (1)

This video is hilarious. Roger Ver finds out about Lightning Network: (turn subtitles on)

https://www.captiongenerator.com/875482/Roger-Finds-out-about-Lightning-Network#.Wm-H26SJ3do.twitter
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:15:43 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1), d_eddie (1)

They sound absolutely delightful.

What do they have to do, or what can they do, with Bitcoin? What does Bcash gain from sending them silly emails?

Well.."they" can do what ever the hell they like of course..but this is an actually fairly important "spoke" in the nonmesh topology of the government.
The "hub" that NIST connects to is the US Dept. of Commerce. "Among its tasks are gathering economic and demographic data for business and government decision-making."
Seeing that "they" receive accurate and unbiased information about the history, the current state and the political in-fighting of bitcoin is probably a good idea.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:19:34 PM
Merited by yefi (1)

Going back to the network spam clearing up.

So… going theoretical here…  Many believe that the spam the bitcoin network was experiencing was orchestrated by people with ties to Bitcoin Cash.  The idea held by many was that these people were spamming Bitcoin network to drive fees up while offering a cheaper faster alternative.  At the same time it appeared as if someone was pumping Bcash on occasion to create hype behind it and grab more attention.  This seemed pretty effective at the time.  Keep in mind this all occurred during arguably record high entrance to the market by newcomers.

After a few months of this going on, the people chasing the alt coin market began placing heavy value on cheap, fast transactions.  This drove people to pumping coins that had little backing or history but, had cheap and fast transaction times.  I think the sheeple have moved past Bcash and now see a larger range of coins that are available that offer their cheap fast transactions.  The people who chased Bcash for the cheap and fast transactions have moved on (hence the Ripple boom).

There is little benefit to spamming the network now as many others on here have theorized.  Not to mention how costly it must have been to spam the network…  That money would be better spent say… pumping bcash again to gain interest in a market where Bitcoin is moving sideways and “becoming boring”.  You heard it here first… bcash pump inbound.

Wanna hear my theory? That in 2017 the flippening into alts, constant bitcoin spamming, FUD, and eventual creation of BCash were all related... a deliberate, multi-faceted, year long campaign that was well planned in advance. Whales and hedge funds started the crazy Bitcoin volatility and FUD all the way back in Jan 2017, and did it for one purpose: for all of the year, to shake as many people out and away from Bitcoin because they already knew that Bitcoin Futures were coming online in December (they are insiders after all -- and insiders know things well in advance of the public). And they couldn't just run the market straight up, that's not how big players take long positions. They were constantly pumping and shorting the whole time, all the while slowly ramping it up and building their long position over an entire year.

It's pretty obvious in hindsight. And if I'm right about this, then we should start to see alts slowly and almost imperceptibly bleed back into the Bitcoin market over time. We may even see a few "controlled demolitions" of some alts here and there, and their markets likely won't recover to previous ATHs after that.

You could be wrong, and the same results of alt money flowing back into bitcoin will take place.

I pretty much agree with what you said, except for the preplanned nonsense... you got so much of this fatalism in your theory that it causes your overall presentation, here, to be less convincing, except for like numerology conspiracy theorists... hahahahahhaha

Anyhow, what I am suggesting is that you are likely correct about everything except the preplanning part because even preplanning causes some changes around and replanning and adapting to new circumstances, instead of someone happening to actually know the future within any kind of reasonable realm of certainty.  Tongue
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:23:22 PM

And the same who invented the "pancake theory" of 9/11, I seem to remember.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:24:27 PM

You could be wrong, and the same results of alt money flowing back into bitcoin will take place.

I pretty much agree with what you said, except for the preplanned nonsense... you got so much of this fatalism in your theory that it causes your overall presentation, here, to be less convincing, except for like numerology conspiracy theorists... hahahahahhaha

Anyhow, what I am suggesting is that you are likely correct about everything except the preplanning part because even preplanning causes some changes around and replanning and adapting to new circumstances, instead of someone happening to actually know the future within any kind of reasonable realm of certainty.  Tongue
agree. no one can plan anything any more.
note: no need to say pre-planning. planning is always -pre. postplanning is mopping up the mess. elision of 'planning' and 'preparing'
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:25:51 PM

*also people don't say 'resiliency' Angry it's resilience what's wrong with that?
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:36:42 PM

And the same who invented the "pancake theory" of 9/11, I seem to remember.

https://www.nist.gov/el/faqs-nist-wtc-towers-investigation

News flash!  Gravity actually works!   who woulda thunk...
True Myth

Activity: 315
Merit: 213

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:39:11 PM

Going back to the network spam clearing up.

So… going theoretical here…  Many believe that the spam the bitcoin network was experiencing was orchestrated by people with ties to Bitcoin Cash.  The idea held by many was that these people were spamming Bitcoin network to drive fees up while offering a cheaper faster alternative.  At the same time it appeared as if someone was pumping Bcash on occasion to create hype behind it and grab more attention.  This seemed pretty effective at the time.  Keep in mind this all occurred during arguably record high entrance to the market by newcomers.

After a few months of this going on, the people chasing the alt coin market began placing heavy value on cheap, fast transactions.  This drove people to pumping coins that had little backing or history but, had cheap and fast transaction times.  I think the sheeple have moved past Bcash and now see a larger range of coins that are available that offer their cheap fast transactions.  The people who chased Bcash for the cheap and fast transactions have moved on (hence the Ripple boom).

There is little benefit to spamming the network now as many others on here have theorized.  Not to mention how costly it must have been to spam the network…  That money would be better spent say… pumping bcash again to gain interest in a market where Bitcoin is moving sideways and “becoming boring”.  You heard it here first… bcash pump inbound.

Aww come on. We were having fun with our tinfoil hat theories and you had to go get all rational  Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 19221 19222 19223 19224 19225 19226 19227 19228 19229 19230 19231 19232 19233 19234 19235 19236 19237 19238 19239 19240 19241 19242 19243 19244 19245 19246 19247 19248 19249 19250 19251 19252 19253 19254 19255 19256 19257 19258 19259 19260 19261 19262 19263 19264 19265 19266 19267 19268 19269 19270 [19271] 19272 19273 19274 19275 19276 19277 19278 19279 19280 19281 19282 19283 19284 19285 19286 19287 19288 19289 19290 19291 19292 19293 19294 19295 19296 19297 19298 19299 19300 19301 19302 19303 19304 19305 19306 19307 19308 19309 19310 19311 19312 19313 19314 19315 19316 19317 19318 19319 19320 19321 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: