Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:35:48 PM

50 L3+ and I think my luck finally ran out, Got 3 miners last batch with 1 dead hashboard each!

Awesome....................just fooking fantastic.

Sorry to hear that. Took me 3 almost 4 weeks to replace a control board. Good thing is you can run you miner with 3 HB. My miner was down completely...

Any other better choice for L3+ besides nicehash, zpool, prohashing?

check out granatgas. It gives a better payout in some tests. If you have several l3+ you can run your own comparisons

Thx for the info. Noticed that the payout is about the same with nicehash too. Just worry that with this kind of drop in profitability, soon the L3+ won’t be able to cover the running cost.

The L3+ is very very very far from being able to cover the cost to run the machine.

What you mean? L3 is running at a loss?

No, I worded that wrong, my bad. I meant to say the L3+ is very very very far from not being able to cover the cost to run the machine. Of course the L3+ isn't running at a loss...

I just checked Nicehash calculator and saw the L3+ and saw it's doing around 15 bucks a day (mine are performing that as well) and the S9 is doing 20 bucks...

Makes me think if I should have bought S9s instead  Undecided  sure this is 14TH now the old once were little less, but the price was almsot 50% of an L3+
Even at $10-11 per day the S-9 is always the better option. It is the bell weather for where all these profit numbers are ultimately going. The L3+ will soon be neck and neck with SHA 256 at around $9.00 p/d. I'd rather make $9.00 per day on a $1,200.00 purchase than $9.00 p/d on a $2,280.00 purchase. 3 months ago when I predicted all this, the dreamers got all butthurt and started stomping around in a frenzy. People these days hate the truth don't ya know.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zamans98

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:53:37 PM

50 L3+ and I think my luck finally ran out, Got 3 miners last batch with 1 dead hashboard each!

Sorry to hear that. Took me 3 almost 4 weeks to replace a control board. Good thing is you can run you miner with 3 HB. My miner was down completely...

check out granatgas. It gives a better payout in some tests. If you have several l3+ you can run your own comparisons

Thx for the info. Noticed that the payout is about the same with nicehash too. Just worry that with this kind of drop in profitability, soon the L3+ won’t be able to cover the running cost.

The L3+ is very very very far from being able to cover the cost to run the machine.

No, I worded that wrong, my bad. I meant to say the L3+ is very very very far from not being able to cover the cost to run the machine. Of course the L3+ isn't running at a loss...

I just checked Nicehash calculator and saw the L3+ and saw it's doing around 15 bucks a day (mine are performing that as well) and the S9 is doing 20 bucks...

Makes me think if I should have bought S9s instead  Undecided  sure this is 14TH now the old once were little less, but the price was almsot 50% of an L3+
Even at $10-11 per day the S-9 is always the better option. It is the bell weather for where all these profit numbers are ultimately going. The L3+ will soon be neck and neck with SHA 256 at around $9.00 p/d. I'd rather make $9.00 per day on a $1,200.00 purchase than $9.00 p/d on a $2,280.00 purchase. 3 months ago when I predicted all this, the dreamers got all butthurt and started stomping around in a frenzy. People these days hate the truth don't ya know.

but u pay extra 200$ a month on electricity. there aren't many L3+ vs D3 for example.
you are not mining LTC, mine BTC and keep, it will be better than using S9 mining BTC

only bonus that S9 14TH is that BTC doing extremely good.

do check back with your calculator.
Albortz

Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:31:39 PM

but u pay extra 200$ a month on electricity. there aren't many L3+ vs D3 for example.
you are not mining LTC, mine BTC and keep, it will be better than using S9 mining BTC

Well if you have been in batch 3 (me) you got fucked hard even with only 2200 dollars price point (L3+APW) due to the extreme price rally. If you paid with crypto you basically got screwed and if you bought with fiat you would have been better of buying coins directly like so many times before.....

Now when I bought my miners they were online for almost a week. Noone gave a shit about them and at that time it was a good decision. Having that price pump was not foreseeable and that bitmain is going to pump those many miners because the whole world wants to mine was out of the picture too...

You might say that you would rather have a 800W miner instead of 1200W because of 200 bucks a month saving, but you need 6-10 months to get at BEP (just for the premium purchase price) and knowing how often Miner burn down I would not want to gamble on a miner holding up 10  months just to get even with my oportunity model.

Beside that you can buy 2 (almost) for the price of one and that is some pretty nice opportunity costs

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
marco3628

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:46:45 PM

guys I am very new to this and first time posting on here so take it easy on me lol. I had a question idk if its a dumb one but maybe someone can enlighten me. Is it worth it to still buy an l3 right now or what miner should I invest in? or should I wait for something new? it seems only way to get the l3's right now is on ebay they are going for like around 3k usd
BenRickert

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:15:27 PM

$200.00 a month for electricity!!!! WTF!?!? I don't even pay 33% of that. If you're paying $200.00 p/m to power an S9, I have news for you. Your wasting your time mining no matter WHAT server you are running. I don't need a "calculator" to figure that out. Hopefully yours is just broken. Cuz that shit is whack!!  LMAO!!!

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:21:56 PM

guys I am very new to this and first time posting on here so take it easy on me lol. I had a question idk if its a dumb one but maybe someone can enlighten me. Is it worth it to still buy an l3 right now or what miner should I invest in? or should I wait for something new? it seems only way to get the l3's right now is on ebay they are going for like around 3k usd
Never.....never buy an ASIC from a reseller. With todays metrics ( more importantly tomorrow's), you will never make money. Be patient and keep trying to buy at the release price directly from Bitmain on a "pre-order". Chances are they will be dropping prices now going forward because the whole thing shit the bed. If you buy an L3+ or an S9 at the "RELEASE PRICE", you will likely be breakeven after 4-6 months. Not a bad thing at all. Besides, it's super fun and educational. Buy an S9 for $1,200.00 and run it. Have a blast. You'll at the very worst case get your money back within a year. Forget the D3. That ship has sailed.

Bulletdodger

Activity: 337

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:31:11 PM

hey guys, about L3+...

I've been renting the power on nicehash, but it's shite nowdays, like $17 daily...
Do you think there are better places to rent L3+?

Some multipool which supports scrypt and pays in btc?
Any ideas what to do?

Thanks a bunch

_
marco3628

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:00:26 PM

Never.....never buy an ASIC from a reseller. With todays metrics ( more importantly tomorrow's), you will never make money. Be patient and keep trying to buy at the release price directly from Bitmain on a "pre-order". Chances are they will be dropping prices now going forward because the whole thing shit the bed. If you buy an L3+ or an S9 at the "RELEASE PRICE", you will likely be breakeven after 4-6 months. Not a bad thing at all. Besides, it's super fun and educational. Buy an S9 for $1,200.00 and run it. Have a blast. You'll at the very worst case get your money back within a year. Forget the D3. That ship has sailed.

Thank you that is very informative. Is there a reason why I won't make any money from one from ebay? and what do you mean "the whole thing just shit the bed?". And again thank you for the information.
BenRickert

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:21:26 PM

Thank you that is very informative. Is there a reason why I won't make any money from one from ebay? and what do you mean "the whole thing just shit the bed?". And again thank you for the information.
The units on Ebay are way overpriced. The more you pay for your miner the more profit it will be take to pay that cost. Each day the hashing difficulty rises because the manufacturer, Bitmain has flooded the market with 16nm technology ASIC miners. Each day the hashing difficulty rises, the profit drops. D3 profits were $130.00 USD per day as little as 3 weeks ago. Now the miners are flooding the network and punching the difficulty through the roof. Today the D3 makes roughly $21.00 per day. Most likely this will keep getting worse. (shit the bed) Sooooo, you must KEEP YOUR COSTS DOWN!! Pay the least you can for the hardware and the least you can for your electricity. Don't get caught in the trap. Many have of late. Good luck.

erik777

Activity: 504

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:54:35 AM

Is it real to buy it and how much will it cost? I would like to buy myself 2-3, but it seems to me that it is rather difficult to do.

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:45:06 AM

Is it real to buy it and how much will it cost? I would like to buy myself 2-3, but it seems to me that it is rather difficult to do.

If buy from bitmain right now, its cost USD2280 (Same Price for all L3+ from Nov 11st for end of Nov shipment)
Bitmain keep the price around 40 LTC and since ltc price is rising, its cost more

I hope bitmain will drop the price on Dec shipment, if any but people have to stop buying at USD2280 first.

lolx12345

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:59:21 AM

anyone know prohashing or zpool can get more?
my L3+ will arrive next week, so wanna know it~ty
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:41:13 AM

hey guys, about L3+...

I've been renting the power on nicehash, but it's shite nowdays, like $17 daily...
Do you think there are better places to rent L3+?

Some multipool which supports scrypt and pays in btc?
Any ideas what to do?

Thanks a bunch

Anyone? Whats your experience?

Thanks

_
zamans98

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:50:24 PM

Well if you have been in batch 3 (me) you got fucked hard even with only 2200 dollars price point (L3+APW) due to the extreme price rally. If you paid with crypto you basically got screwed and if you bought with fiat you would have been better of buying coins directly like so many times before.....

Now when I bought my miners they were online for almost a week. Noone gave a shit about them and at that time it was a good decision. Having that price pump was not foreseeable and that bitmain is going to pump those many miners because the whole world wants to mine was out of the picture too...

You might say that you would rather have a 800W miner instead of 1200W because of 200 bucks a month saving, but you need 6-10 months to get at BEP (just for the premium purchase price) and knowing how often Miner burn down I would not want to gamble on a miner holding up 10  months just to get even with my oportunity model.

Beside that you can buy 2 (almost) for the price of one and that is some pretty nice opportunity costs

Well, im on the Sept Batch, paid with fiat money and paid 1291 USD each ex PSU
one unit paid with LTC, no idea why u bitching that is a loss, i bought LTC under $30, so im okay.

Bitmain is pretty much printing D3. There will be at least 2x more D3 than L3 in the market. my showcase is why the fuck i need a D3, with turbulence incoming, i rather stick with L3 . It can't get worst than 10$, S9 has been a good indicator for this claim

why BenRickert is so pissed off, because he made a mistake, instead of licking S9 fan, he stick his finger in a L3+
zamans98

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:58:10 PM

$200.00 a month for electricity!!!! WTF!?!? I don't even pay 33% of that. If you're paying $200.00 p/m to power an S9, I have news for you. Your wasting your time mining no matter WHAT server you are running. I don't need a "calculator" to figure that out. Hopefully yours is just broken. Cuz that shit is whack!!  LMAO!!!

still, you are a reasonable person, but i have bad news for you, you always assumed everyone is living in the states of Trump.
Plus my bad, $ in your brain is USD, but u forget, there are at least 27 countries on the Mother Earth is using DOLLAR, not TRUMP Dollar but multiple other dolllars

Im my place, L3+ (~850w) cost about 290$ worth of energy, and S9 14TH (~1400w) cost 490$ worth of energy spent.

Again in my showcase, i have L3 costing ~1300USD vs ~1300USD S9. Neck to neck, i save $200 per month, plus earning is more.

Its not doomsday on Scrypt mining thus so far or anywhere near until when winter is over.
Johninthai

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:47:46 PM

Why mine of you pay 290$ per miner electricity Huh  Huh Huh
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:50:26 AM

Maybe that's just your electrical price. Electrical rates vary by location and you make much more in profit than electricity which pretty much negates the electrical costs. The L3+ is pretty profitable, at least for now until difficulty rises to the point where it won't.
BenRickert

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:52:34 AM

Maybe that's just your electrical price. Electrical rates vary by location and you make much more in profit than electricity which pretty much negates the electrical costs. The L3+ is pretty profitable, at least for now until difficulty rises to the point where it won't.
"negates electricity costs"?? Are you smoking crack? business is based on expenses versus profit. Why would you think that L3+ will maintain $15.00 pd Huh The damn things are coming onto the market like a swarm of mosquitos. It absolutely WILL come down to expenses. Get a clue man. It's a race to the bottom. The only survivors will have low costs. INCLUDING electricity. WTF?!?!?

Johninthai

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:27:19 AM

My electricity price is far from 290$ I would not be mining at that price. 290$ is what I would pay for powering 5 L3's !
zamans98

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:07:42 AM

My electricity price is far from 290$ I would not be mining at that price. 290$ is what I would pay for powering 5 L3's !

I said, its not the fucking AMERICAN DOLLARS... did you people actually reads and understand?

for example there is FIJIAN DOLLARS, Jamacian DOLLARS..
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: