Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much risk in bitcoin investement ?  (Read 71501 times)
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:29:29 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.

When bitcoin hit $200 4 years ago many early adopters sold all they had because they were thinking $200 is the highest level bitcoin can achive ever. Now some people think $1,900 is the highest limit for BTC. But what if today the situation is similar to what it was in April-May 2013?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:46:41 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.

When bitcoin hit $200 4 years ago many early adopters sold all they had because they were thinking $200 is the highest level bitcoin can achive ever. Now some people think $1,900 is the highest limit for BTC. But what if today the situation is similar to what it was in April-May 2013?
Well, therefore, it may be that the bitcoin price will fall back, but if you believe it, it will not happen. The only risk to the price, when the bitcoin price falls within a short period of time, you may lose in quick time as well.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:52:24 AM

It is risky because we actually don't know what will happen to bitcoin in the future, but in terms of investment well I guess you are right. If you buy bitcoin as of the present, chances are in a few months or years it'll profit I'm sure especially if the government still won't take over and still it won't be taxed them. Just make sure to secure them in a safe place like a hard wallet or something.

The price of bitcoins have increased over a period of time so those people who invested their money in it in the past have already made good profits by this point of time so if we invest in it even now then we can expect good profits in future as price will surely be higher in coming years.

I feel sorry for those who are just starting in earning bitcoin today because that near future would probably take you a lot of years to earn big in bitcoin, and have always envy the ones that have started since the bitcoin have started, because they are the one that are now Masters in obtaining large amount and have saves millions of bitcoin right now, and because of the price surging up I think they are vary happy on what they have right now.
pressureonme

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:54:27 AM

Too much risk in investing bitcoin, but if you do not need the Money you invested, I mean if you can hold it for months, you automatically reduce the risk of it.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:34:22 AM

From the price in the market and the increase of users buying bitcoin there is I think small chance that the bitcoin will inflate so that means there is just small risk on investing on bitcoins. If you wanna invest on bitcoin you need to think about the factors and how you gonna invest them. Even though I said bitcoin has a small risk you should always be checking everyday and always ready to withdraw anytime because we can't predict the future but as we can see now bitcoin price is far from dead. So good luck and hope you will be successful. Hope it helps  Wink
mnporter2001

Activity: 602

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:49:07 AM

It is risky because we actually don't know what will happen to bitcoin in the future, but in terms of investment well I guess you are right. If you buy bitcoin as of the present, chances are in a few months or years it'll profit I'm sure especially if the government still won't take over and still it won't be taxed them. Just make sure to secure them in a safe place like a hard wallet or something.

The price of bitcoins have increased over a period of time so those people who invested their money in it in the past have already made good profits by this point of time so if we invest in it even now then we can expect good profits in future as price will surely be higher in coming years.

I feel sorry for those who are just starting in earning bitcoin today because that near future would probably take you a lot of years to earn big in bitcoin, and have always envy the ones that have started since the bitcoin have started, because they are the one that are now Masters in obtaining large amount and have saves millions of bitcoin right now, and because of the price surging up I think they are vary happy on what they have right now.

Yeah now its not easy to earn bitcoins as it was in the past and people who were in bitcoins since its inception has earned huge amount of bitcoins even from faucet sites as my friend told me that there were many faucets sites that used to pay 1 btc every 15 minutes and that is really insane which is never possible now.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:04:18 AM

Basically we don't know the risk in every site if you invest money in a site first is you don't know if the site was trusted there are site that can give you small profit but many site are just scamming people who invested.

I think why its risky because its like probability. you have only 2 chances. you may gain or loss your money when you invest it. nowadays numbers of scammers is higher than the trusted sites.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:11:57 AM

I think it depends on the amount that you invested in any platform. As long you have invest your money and you expect in return that you will earn profit. Its a risks in any way though.
BlackMarket

Activity: 322

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:14:34 AM

Basically we don't know the risk in every site if you invest money in a site first is you don't know if the site was trusted there are site that can give you small profit but many site are just scamming people who invested.

I think why its risky because its like probability. you have only 2 chances. you may gain or loss your money when you invest it. nowadays numbers of scammers is higher than the trusted sites.

You can avoid those scammers by not investing your bitcoins anywhere and simply keep them safe in wallet and wait for the price to go higher in future and in that case there is no risk of loosing your money and will give you only good returns on your investments in future.
naughty1

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:21:08 AM

You can avoid those scammers by not investing your bitcoins anywhere and simply keep them safe in wallet and wait for the price to go higher in future and in that case there is no risk of loosing your money and will give you only good returns on your investments in future.

Keeping money in your purse is not an idea, rather than worrying about scammers, be careful, then take advantage of your money to make a profit. Business is not a difficult job, use your intelligence and make money.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:29:16 AM

every investment have some short of risks. I can say all type of investments which you know what you are doing and have the basic understanding of the system then there you have some thing like 50 - 70% risk but if you do not have any idea about the work and you are investing because other people are investing then that type of investment is pretty risky and they are scaled around 90% risky so why don't you just donate your money instead of being scammed

Yes to be sure in investment you should have some background on how it works so that youll not get scam. It will be risky if you are not reading and you didn't look if it is trusted site or not.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
silverduck

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:34:08 AM

Keeping money in your purse is not an idea, rather than worrying about scammers, be careful, then take advantage of your money to make a profit. Business is not a difficult job, use your intelligence and make money.

You can avoid scammers if you do a good research before investing your money and you may find many good place to invest your money from where you can expect good profits in long run and I will choose to invest my money in trading instead of keeping my bitcoins idle in my wallet.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:40:02 AM

Yeah now its not easy to earn bitcoins as it was in the past and people who were in bitcoins since its inception has earned huge amount of bitcoins even from faucet sites as my friend told me that there were many faucets sites that used to pay 1 btc every 15 minutes and that is really insane which is never possible now.

That is really insane and I think that you can not earn that big in faucet, but I think in time you can really earn something from free faucet but it is really a waste of time in proceeding in faucet if you know that there are a much higher pay that let's you earn bitcoin right, but If you are willing to just wait for the value to rise, you can surely buy bitcoin and wait until bitcoin goes up, but the risk it take is there because bitcoin can also cause to fall down and you will not earn anything from it.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

You can avoid scammers if you do a good research before investing your money and you may find many good place to invest your money from where you can expect good profits in long run and I will choose to invest my money in trading instead of keeping my bitcoins idle in my wallet.
Nothing can beat good research because if you do good research then you will a very low percentage of getting scammed and also a lower risk of losing money in your investment. Trading is one of the best investment because you can multiply your money up to 200% in a few days of trading if you trade legit coins only.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:04:14 PM

Nothing can beat good research because if you do good research then you will a very low percentage of getting scammed and also a lower risk of losing money in your investment. Trading is one of the best investment because you can multiply your money up to 200% in a few days of trading if you trade legit coins only.

Yes and its always good to invest time in carrying out good research before investing our money anywhere and even if you are investing it in altcoins then also you should know which is the good coin to invest which can give you good returns in future.
naughty1

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:14:51 PM

You are right, research gives us a lot of useful information, which helps us to make accurate predictions. Surely the business will be easier if one traverses the market information. Profit is not difficult, wisdom is the most important thing.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:39:07 PM

If you just hold it the risk is small because exactly as you say bitcoin will continue to grow as well as its value but your likelihood of small gain and may not be proportional to the length of time you keep it, but that's just speculation so nobody knows the future of bitcoin, at any time bitcoin can also go down.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
S4pta

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:49:28 PM

very large!! I've invested big enough and without getting any results.....

❍ Chatello ❍   ║   【JOIN  NOW】
Chatting with celebrities is now easy, fast, secure and private
  Twitter  Facebook
Hutalar

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:54:01 PM

If you are thinking for a short term investment then you have to take care of the price so you will not lose money in your investment in bitcoin while if you are thinking for long term investment then do not worry as in the long term there is no any lose in investment in bitcoin. The long term investors have already earned a large amount of profit and they are still earning a good income from their investment in bitcoin.
mamaya

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 01:04:17 PM

All the people who say the risk is low is delusional, yes I believe in bitcoin for the long term but I won't pretend the risk is small. Price could decrease substantially, another coin could take over, legislative issues could affect it etc. There are many possible ways for bitcoin to lose value even over the long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: