Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 09:41:19 PM

It doesn't appear withdrawals or deposits are working on the PoloniEx exchange. This seems to have started after the DNotes market was down for a day or two, a few days ago. So it could be a simple problem such as the blockchain didn't update. As soon as we know more, we will let everyone know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:04:09 AM

Russian Company Moves to Challenge Chinese Bitcoin Mining Dominance

https://dcebrief.com/russian-company-moves-to-challenge-chinese-bitcoin-mining-dominance/
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:36:21 PM

Hey guys, just an FYI, I tried to withdraw my notes fro, Poloniex and I never got them out. I contacted them for 4 days and no one ever got back with me, so I sold them and withdrew my BTC. So I see today that notes is down on Poloniex, and of course all other exchanges follow. May need to address this with Poloniex, and possibly get off of that horrible exchange. The support there is horrible and, I don't know about today,but all last week I could not withdraw my Notes and nobody would respond to me with my concern. Even still today, I have not received any correspondence from them whatsoever. Consider contacting them about their Notes withdrawal problem, or get off of that exchange. People will be giving away their Notes because they cannot withdraw them. No reason for Notes to be at this low price on that big exchange. DO this before Dnotes 2.0 is released. Trust em....I see a HUGE red flag with that exchange.

If anyone has Notes on Poloniex try to do a withdrawal and see if they are doing everything properly now. If there is a problem alert Dnotes here to contact Poloniex to discuss this matter.

Thank you.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have written to Poloniex and hope to get a prompt response, which I will post here on this Forum ASAP. To ensure that there is an issue, I have made two withdrawals, (a small one and a larger one) over the last twelve hours. Although, successfully confirmed, both transactions are still pending. There could be a number of reasons as a result of their rapid growth and constant demand for upgrades. At this point I am not too concerned. Let's wait and see what they have to say.

Updates:

As of this moment, the only response I have received from Poloniex is a form letter below, like any one else would have received. In the past, I have consistently received almost immediate response from a support staff. Perhaps they are overwhelmed. Unfortunately, combined with the big jump in the price of Bitcoin, DNotes price decline continues. Investors never like uncertainty, though this is likely to be a simple fix of a broken blockchain.  

From Poloniex:

Dear Alan Yong,

We will look into the matter and get back to you as soon as possible.

In the mean time please do not create additional support tickets for this issue, we will use only this support ticket to communicate with you.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Poloniex Support Team

Ticket: https://poloniex.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/377048

On Sat, 12 Aug at 8:47 AM , Alan Yong wrote:

Hi,

I am Alan Yong, Co-Founder of DNotes and a big fan of Poloniex. I understand the demands of rapid growth and the challenges unique to our industry, and want nothing but the best for Poloniex.

There are complaints of withdrawal problems and declining customers support services at DNotes Bitcointalk Forum this morning: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.900

Please advise on how I should craft a response that is accurate to minimize further damage to your brand. To ensure that the reports are accurate, I have made two withdrawals and they are both still pending.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything that I can be helpful.

Best Regards,

Alan Yong
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:55:18 PM

If Poloniex had some sort of automated 'support ticket wait time', based on the coin and the issue, that was available before you submitted your ticket, people may not react so negatively and it may free up valuable time for their support staff. For example:

DNotes - blockchain / withdrawal issues - estimated response time to fix issue _____. Estimated support ticket response time _____ (based on the number of tickets ahead of yours on all issues). Please do not file a support ticket for this issue.

It's pretty frustrating, and a good lesson in the importance of planning for scaling up...

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:18:28 PM

If Poloniex had some sort of automated 'support ticket wait time', based on the coin and the issue, that was available before you submitted your ticket, people may not react so negatively and it may free up valuable time for their support staff. For example:

DNotes - blockchain / withdrawal issues - estimated response time to fix issue _____. Estimated support ticket response time _____ (based on the number of tickets ahead of yours on all issues). Please do not file a support ticket for this issue.

It's pretty frustrating, and a good lesson in the importance of planning for scaling up...

I agree, Chase. It is frustrating. Prompt, polite, and positive communication with customers is critical to business success. I hope they will resolve the problems shortly and learn from it.   
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:55:48 PM

Firstly, congratulations to Alan on the speaking engagement at the world funding summit Smiley I'm sure there will be many worthwhile connections made, and exposure for DNotes.

The Poloniex issues are very disappointing. It seems there has been a unrelenting number of issues on a wide variety of exchanges, particularly in the wake of the Bitcoin Cash fork. It seems however that Poloniex has had a larger number than their fair share being one of the larger alt-coin exchanges, with withdrawal issues going back months. They did some type of 'update' on the blockchains recently of various coins and it took deposit and withdrawal capabilities down for several days, and I remember in this forum others brought the pausing of withdrawals to the attention of this community. Has anybody had any success with deposits or withdrawals since they took that down for maintenance? In the case that they did not, it would imply their updates did not work (but it appears it did for others?).

1Hakuba

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:28:38 PM

Firstly, congratulations to Alan on the speaking engagement at the world funding summit Smiley I'm sure there will be many worthwhile connections made, and exposure for DNotes.

The Poloniex issues are very disappointing. It seems there has been a unrelenting number of issues on a wide variety of exchanges, particularly in the wake of the Bitcoin Cash fork. It seems however that Poloniex has had a larger number than their fair share being one of the larger alt-coin exchanges, with withdrawal issues going back months. They did some type of 'update' on the blockchains recently of various coins and it took deposit and withdrawal capabilities down for several days, and I remember in this forum others brought the pausing of withdrawals to the attention of this community. Has anybody had any success with deposits or withdrawals since they took that down for maintenance? In the case that they did not, it would imply their updates did not work (but it appears it did for others?).

My last successful withdrawal of Note from Polo was on 2017-07-12.  I have a pending withdrawal from yesterday that is waiting to transfer.
SCeeYong

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:08:29 AM

Any possibilities of including other more "competent" exchanges like Bittrex and Bitfinex for the purpose of enhancing deposit and withdrawal capabilities for DNotes and increasing exposure ?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:52:37 AM

Any possibilities of including other more "competent" exchanges like Bittrex and Bitfinex for the purpose of enhancing deposit and withdrawal capabilities for DNotes and increasing exposure ?

Thanks, SCeeYong. Yes, we have a significant PR campaign scheduled for the last quarter of the year following the launch of DNotes 2.0. At the same time we will be approaching a number of exchanges to get DNotes listed. DNotes is poised to take a big leap forward by the end of this year.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:03:40 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 12:12:57 PM by Dyna

Thank you, TeeGee. I just sent in my BIO. It is an amazing opportunity and a great exposure for DNotes. I am excited to be among many "A List" speakers.

Regarding Poloniex, my two withdrawals are still pending after almost 48 hours.  
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:17:01 AM

Bitcoin Price Jumps Again, Fueled by Japanese Traders

https://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-price-jumps-again-fueled-by-japanese-traders/
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 07:06:06 AM

Thank you, TeeGee. I just sent in my BIO. It is am amazing opportunity and a great exposure for DNotes. I am excited to be among many "A List" speakers.

Thanks for the kind words Alan, and yes, I love think tanks.

As for the conference, I just had a look at the speakers who've been updated on the website at the moment. You'll be in some great company while still having a unique perspective to offer. Not just your vision for Dnotes and how its capabilities align with their needs. But also your proven understanding of what businesses require to succeed.

I noticed most of the speakers are involved in venture capitalism in some way. And while picking the right technology for the right time is an important part of making a smart investment, recognising management potential is just as important. And then, once they've invested in a venture, providing guidance for business success could be the determining factor between a return on investment or a complete loss. So I can see your wealth of knowledge in this area being recognised and valued by the many speakers.

Of the speakers listed, I hope you get a chance to talk with David Koepsell. He's doing some interesting things with storing DNA on the blockchain and it would be interesting to know what he sees in the future of identity management. 
http://worldfundingsummit.com/david-koepsell

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
SCeeYong

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:10:00 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 02:04:50 PM by SCeeYong

Thanks, SCeeYong. Yes, we have a significant PR campaign scheduled for the last quarter of the year following the launch of DNotes 2.0. At the same time we will be approaching a number of exchanges to get DNotes listed. DNotes is poised to take a big leap forward by the end of this year.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your update on DNnotes' PR campaign in Q4 2017 especially after its migration to DNotes 2.0 which will entail elements that will bring positive semblance of calmness, healthy growth to NOTE through education, smart partnerships and additional listings in other more competitive /competent /efficient exchange platforms, among others.

However , in and under the present circumstances,at least until all these take effects by the end of the year,  NOTE investors are and will still be relying heavily on PoloniEx as an exchange platform to buy and sell NOTE. My immediate concern is that the impaired Deposit/Withdrawal capabilities will exert downward pressure on NOTE's price viz:-

1.The continuing and successful NOTE deposits to Poloniex matched with consistent withdrawal problems of the coin from Poloniex will reduce buying demand while increasing the supply .

2. Similarly, investors will avoid or stay away from the coin if deposits of NOTE also become an issue at PoloniEx matched with withdrawal problems.

To some extent , I am inclined to believe that this is situation we are facing now with a less-than-efficient PoloniEx and is among the contributory factors to NOTE's unattractive price performance in terms of USD or BTC, especially when the price of the latter has come to cross the 4k mark.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:31:00 PM

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your update on DNnotes' PR campaign in Q4 2017 especially after its migration to DNotes 2.0 which will entail elements that will bring positive semblance of calmness, healthy growth to NOTE through education, smart partnerships and additional listings in other more competitive /competent /efficient exchange platforms, among others.

However , in and under the present circumstances,at least until all these take effects by the end of the year,  NOTE investors are and will still be relying heavily on PoloniEx as an exchange platform to buy and sell NOTE. My immediate concern is that the impaired Deposit/Withdrawal capabilities will exert downward pressure on NOTE's price viz:-

1.The continuing and successful NOTE deposits to Poloniex matched with consistent withdrawal problems of the coin from Poloniex will reduce buying demand while increasing the supply .

2. Similarly, investors will avoid or stay away from the coin if deposits of NOTE also become an issue at PoloniEx matched with withdrawal problems.

To some extent , I am inclined to believe that this is situation we are facing now with a less-than-efficient PoloniEx is among the contributory factors to NOTE's unattractive price performance in terms of USD or BTC, especially when the price of the latter has come to cross the 4k mark.

Hi SCeeYong,

Thank you for your support and very thoughtful recommendations. The steep price decline of DNotes, quite frankly, caught us by surprise; so did Poloniex unresponsiveness to customer support. It certainly has negatively affected the value of DNotes. No doubt, BTC price jump to $4,200 + also has a negative impact on most altcoins, including DNotes.

Unfortunately, in the mist of software upgrade from DNotes 1.0 to 2.0 every exchange will want to wait until DNotes 2.0 is successfully launched and in their eyes - proven to be stable. Objectively, that will bring us towards the end of the year.

The good new is that once we switched from POW to POS the supply of newly minted DNotes will largely end up with DNotes long-term investors with CRISP accounts at DNotesVault. Together with other efforts, DNotes long-term outlook should be quite favorable.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 04:40:17 PM

https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-bubbles-riding-rockets-falling-knives/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:19:39 PM

Excellent work, Tim. I love the headline, "Bubbles Riding Rockets & Falling Knives". That says so much about our industry. It is not for the faint-hearted. Always invest with caution and do not invest more than you can afford in the event of total loses.

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

Yeah, agreed. Sweet article; dope headline and accompanying image.

I was wary of the falling knife stuff during the the August 1 forking event. I was hearing a lot of internet opinion in favor of moving as much altcoin as possible into bitcoin to maximize the amount of bitcoin cash. I thought that made sense, but as hedge against bitcoin potentially cratering, I only moved half of my alts into btc.

Turns out the right move would have been to do it all. But I wanted to still have skin in the game in case the Y2K-like fears actually came to pass. Wish I'd loaded up on more btc than I did. But I'm generally in a little bit too deep anyway, though I'm not exactly a risk-averse person.

Supeerrrrr looking forward to launch of DNotes 2.0. Looking at the price action of something like NEO, aka Antshares 2.0, leaves me feeling very bullish about the short term prospects of NOTE. In addition, of course, to value of the long term visioning that is always at the forefront of all DNotes decision-making.

Like Zuck said once back in the day, "I'm here to build for the long term. Anything else is just a distraction."

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
buzztiaan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:09:21 PM

Hi FogHorn_LegHorn, we are all excited about DNotes 2.0! We are on track for September. We are also committed to ensure DNotes 2.0 is completely ready and fully tested before releasing it, which will likely be late September.

where is the code? I'd like to test it aswell ( buzztiaan from github )

oh, also, does anyone have functional nodes? the ones in original ANN post are all ded ... Sad
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 12:06:54 AM

Hi FogHorn_LegHorn, we are all excited about DNotes 2.0! We are on track for September. We are also committed to ensure DNotes 2.0 is completely ready and fully tested before releasing it, which will likely be late September.

where is the code? I'd like to test it aswell ( buzztiaan from github )

oh, also, does anyone have functional nodes? the ones in original ANN post are all ded ... Sad

Hi buzztiaan, thanks for joining us on the forum. DNotes 2.0 is not ready for full testing at the moment, but I will certainly add you to the list. I'm currently connected the following:

{
"addr" : "95.85.44.200:11223",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1502755198,
"lastrecv" : 1502755200,
"conntime" : 1502755137,
"version" : 1020000,
"subver" : "/DNotes:1.2.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 1829555,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "162.243.225.90:11223",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1502755189,
"lastrecv" : 1502755193,
"conntime" : 1502755137,
"version" : 1020000,
"subver" : "/DNotes:1.2.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 1829555,
"banscore" : 0
},

We may need to revisit the net and rpc ports. Discussing now.

buzztiaan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:17:34 AM

We may need to revisit the net and rpc ports. Discussing now.
Ha, yep, i think i see what you mean
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: