Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:09:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:38:36 PM

Unable to contact dnotespool, get an Apache server message:

"Forbidden You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at dnotespool.com Port 443"

when trying to use the mail function. Trying to get some tech support, I have a ton of unconfirmed transactions from a while ago showing in my account.

THX

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:40:17 PM

Russia Reportedly Making Plans to Subsidize Domestic Crypto Mining

https://dcebrief.com/russia-reportedly-making-plans-to-subsidize-domestic-crypto-mining/

God I wish I could trust Russia but, I can't. Any plans from Russia regarding crypto will benefit the government and not the people I'm afraid but, that could all backfire if the population moves quickly enough to adopt the technology.

I would be very interested in hearing peoples considered opinions on what is really going on there.

Very often, subsidies are given to benefit friends and families with political connections at prominent levels. It may not benefit the government at all. The Russians are already among the most active sponsors of ICOs, exploiting every opportunity they can.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 02:41:21 PM

https://dcebrief.com/russia-reportedly-making-plans-to-subsidize-domestic-crypto-mining/

God I wish I could trust Russia but, I can't. Any plans from Russia regarding crypto will benefit the government and not the people I'm afraid but, that could all backfire if the population moves quickly enough to adopt the technology.

I would be very interested in hearing peoples considered opinions on what is really going on there.

It's been a roller coaster for cryptocurrency there, hard to tell exactly what the plans they have in mind. Off the cuff... If they have an excess of electricity, mining is an opportunity to create wealth that originates in their country. At that level, doesn't seem like a bad idea. Generates new taxable revenue, makes use of apparent under utilized electricity even at a subsidized rate, creates jobs and grows the economy. I'm not seeing the downside, even though it may be hard to believe.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 02:52:56 PM

when trying to use the mail function. Trying to get some tech support, I have a ton of unconfirmed transactions from a while ago showing in my account.

THX

Just tested the contact form, seemed to have worked. Might have been a temporary issue, or even it didn't properly escape certain characters. You can email him directly at info@dnotespool.com. Let us know if you have any problems.

R-J-F

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:19:20 PM

It's been a roller coaster for cryptocurrency there, hard to tell exactly what the plans they have in mind. Off the cuff... If they have an excess of electricity, mining is an opportunity to create wealth that originates in their country. At that level, doesn't seem like a bad idea. Generates new taxable revenue, makes use of apparent under utilized electricity even at a subsidized rate, creates jobs and grows the economy. I'm not seeing the downside, even though it may be hard to believe.

I can see that happening although, I just don't trust Putin. However, he seems to have his people's best interest in mind, as much as any Russian leader can so, yes, it could well be a good thing for everyone. Only time will tell I suppose. I hope they spread the wealth to those who have none.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:21:05 PM

THX

Just tested the contact form, seemed to have worked. Might have been a temporary issue, or even it didn't properly escape certain characters. You can email him directly at info@dnotespool.com. Let us know if you have any problems.

Yea, could have been a transient error, thank for checking!

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:01:07 PM

We've had reports in recent months suggesting that Putin associates have been ramping up their involvement in cryptocurrency. Given the country's systemic cronyism, I suspect that any embrace of digital currency is designed to enrich Vlad's friends.

At the same time, though, Putin does seem to have his country's best interests at heart. So, that probably factors into the equation too..

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:10:33 PM

We've had reports in recent months suggesting that Putin associates have been ramping up their involvement in cryptocurrency. Given the country's systemic cronyism, I suspect that any embrace of digital currency is designed to enrich Vlad's friends.

At the same time, though, Putin does seem to have his country's best interests at heart. So, that probably factors into the equation too..

Interestingly, regardless of the intentions behind the subsidy, this may also work out in the global interests should different governments begin to compete to attract the wider cryptomarkets to their jurisdictions. It could also be tremendously good for the Russian people, who by comparison to US standards earn very little.

DCEBrief

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:05:58 AM

Swiss Municipality to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments

https://dcebrief.com/swiss-municipality-to-accept-bitcoin-for-tax-payments/
DCEBrief

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:16:04 AM

Interestingly, regardless of the intentions behind the subsidy, this may also work out in the global interests should different governments begin to compete to attract the wider cryptomarkets to their jurisdictions. It could also be tremendously good for the Russian people, who by comparison to US standards earn very little.

Agreed. The intentions matter less than the outcome in this instance. Even if we assume the worst motivations, the thing we need to be looking for is if/how these actions ultimately benefit the people. If it can provide new opportunities for the citizens of Russia, then it is probably a worthwhile endeavor - even if some of Vlad's friends end up enriching themselves at the same time.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 01:40:23 PM

Agreed. The intentions matter less than the outcome in this instance. Even if we assume the worst motivations, the thing we need to be looking for is if/how these actions ultimately benefit the people. If it can provide new opportunities for the citizens of Russia, then it is probably a worthwhile endeavor - even if some of Vlad's friends end up enriching themselves at the same time.

I feel the cynicism running deep on this issue, and maybe that is warranted. But if I were being cynical, I'd be looking at the other side of this equation. More money for electricity to encourage more electricity purchases would have me asking who is supplying the electricity, and how will they benefit? Now if Vlad has friends at the top of many industries, I'm sure electricity would be one of them.

As for the social impact, some of that depends on the arrangement. If it is only the big mining farms, it may be limited. But if instead, they hand out an electricity rebate that subsidised the value of every coin mined, that would be really easy to manage and broadly effective. All you would have to do is submit to the agency the address that minted coins will pay into. The agency could then automatically detect a newly mined block paying into that address, and payout the electricity subsidy as bitcoin into the same address. Fully audit-able. fully automated. And once you've verified that the address is genuinely mining in Russia, very hard to cheat. And it wouldn't encourage inefficient usage of electricity, because you're paid for being effective rather than for participating. Seems like a good idea. So my guess is the agency (IRI-RABIK) will pay subsidies only to large and conveniently affiliated mining farms if they use electricity from a 'friendly' electricity supplier. Keep that cynicism burning.

And where is our cynicism for Switzerland? The Swiss franc is still considered the safe harbour of currencies during war or economic turmoil. I would have thought of them as the last country encouraging a shift away from fiat currency. But instead, the municipality of Chiasso is positioning itself to be the silicon valley of cryptocurrency.

Both of these countries taking cryptocurrency so seriously, China moving to minimise risk in cryptocurrency, USA tightening up on ICO as securities, and so much more in the pipeline... I'm putting my cards on the table to state that while 2017 was a huge year for cryptocurrency, 2018 will see much more disruption in the industry. And all of this makes me really glad that Alan is speaking at the VC conference at a time when DNotes2.0 is making a strong move.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:28:46 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 03:00:13 PM by TeeGee

Hey team.

Been working with a designer who is helping us with some website development to coincide with the upcoming DNotes 2.0 release. As you may already be aware, Joe updated www.dnotescoin.com a couple months ago. This time we have redesigned dnotesvault.com. To begin, we will implement the following as the new landing page, with the logged in account section to be updated in the near future once we finalize and complete testing 2.0. With this design, I aimed to keep communication simple and to the point for a 'clean' design.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

]

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 02:48:59 PM

Hey team.

Been working with a designer who is helping us with some website development to coincide with the upcoming DNotes 2.0 release. As you may already be aware, Joe updated www.dnotescoin.com a couple months ago. This time we have redesigned dnotesvault.com. To begin, we will implement the following as the new landing page, with the logged in account section to be updated in the near future once we finalize and complete testing 2.0. With this design, I aimed to keep communication simple and to the point for a 'clean' design.

Thanks Tim! Here is the link so you can zoom and see the details:

https://dcebrief.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dnotes-1-Page-Layout-V5.jpg

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:12:01 PM

I feel the cynicism running deep on this issue, and maybe that is warranted. But if I were being cynical, I'd be looking at the other side of this equation. More money for electricity to encourage more electricity purchases would have me asking who is supplying the electricity, and how will they benefit? Now if Vlad has friends at the top of many industries, I'm sure electricity would be one of them.

As for the social impact, some of that depends on the arrangement. If it is only the big mining farms, it may be limited. But if instead, they hand out an electricity rebate that subsidised the value of every coin mined, that would be really easy to manage and broadly effective. All you would have to do is submit to the agency the address that minted coins will pay into. The agency could then automatically detect a newly mined block paying into that address, and payout the electricity subsidy as bitcoin into the same address. Fully audit-able. fully automated. And once you've verified that the address is genuinely mining in Russia, very hard to cheat. And it wouldn't encourage inefficient usage of electricity, because you're paid for being effective rather than for participating. Seems like a good idea. So my guess is the agency (IRI-RABIK) will pay subsidies only to large and conveniently affiliated mining farms if they use electricity from a 'friendly' electricity supplier. Keep that cynicism burning.

And where is our cynicism for Switzerland? The Swiss franc is still considered the safe harbour of currencies during war or economic turmoil. I would have thought of them as the last country encouraging a shift away from fiat currency. But instead, the municipality of Chiasso is positioning itself to be the silicon valley of cryptocurrency.

Both of these countries taking cryptocurrency so seriously, China moving to minimise risk in cryptocurrency, USA tightening up on ICO as securities, and so much more in the pipeline... I'm putting my cards on the table to state that while 2017 was a huge year for cryptocurrency, 2018 will see much more disruption in the industry. And all of this makes me really glad that Alan is speaking at the VC conference at a time when DNotes2.0 is making a strong move.

Thank you, Tim and everyone else for sharing your opinion on various subjects relating to our industry.

We live in a fast-changing and complicated world. Our values, self-interest, and as such, opinion and motivation can be quite different on many issues. Personally, I have never seen so many challenges confronting so many areas and levels in a single industry. What we are seeing is the impact of a technology that is so immensely disruptive – it is historic and will have many world-changing implications.

On balance, 2017 has been a great year for our industry. The death of Bitcoin and digital currency as proclaimed so many times by the media and bankers, in the early years, has been proven to be wrong.

This is real and will not go away. Digital currency is the future of money. It is money and capable of being superior to fiat currency. However, it must first meet the full functions of money - as a unit of account, a store of value, and a medium of exchange. It is an enormous task that will take years to accomplish, even with the best of strategic plans well executed.

That is an area I think a lot about – the very big picture of global scope and scale. One day there will be a preferred global digital currency and it may not be Bitcoin. We are positioning DNotes to be a contender. That is why we are taking our time and doing so many things differently.

2018 will be an even more exciting year with some thinning out and more substantive projects. There may even be a “killer apps” or two. Smart nations will try to attract more business to invest by being regulation friendly.  But for others, I fear that over-regulation is the biggest danger.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:17:07 PM

Hey team.

Great job Tim, the site looks fantastic!

DNotes Vault is the perfect place for DNotes holders to earn up to 8% a year (after the launch of DNotes 2.0).

Quote from Dyna: "There are three different rewards amounting to about 8% per year: a) 2% for account balance paid every 30 days, b) 4% for account balance paid every 365 days, and 2% staking reward for participating stakeholders. Once fully implemented, DNotes will be very attractive for long-term savers and ideal for what CRISPs are meant to accomplish. We intent to heavily promote long-term savings for retirement, education, and other needs."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:40:00 PM

New additions to the Four Pillars membership site

The videos will be available to watch via the links below for a short period of time, after that they will only be accessible from the membership site.

Chapter 2: The Four
Principal Components

Where Do Great
Business Ideas
Come From?

Putting Customers
First: It’s a
Conscious Choice

How Do You
Define Your
Business Values?

Employee Loyalty,
and Your
Business Success

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:28:03 PM

Hey team.

DNotes Vault is the perfect place for DNotes holders to earn up to 8% a year (after the launch of DNotes 2.0).

Quote from Dyna: "There are three different rewards amounting to about 8% per year: a) 2% for account balance paid every 30 days, b) 4% for account balance paid every 365 days, and 2% staking reward for participating stakeholders. Once fully implemented, DNotes will be very attractive for long-term savers and ideal for what CRISPs are meant to accomplish. We intent to heavily promote long-term savings for retirement, education, and other needs."
Hi everyone! Awesome work! Cant wait to see dnotes 2.0 released.. i thought i may jump in here and say when dyna says, "a) 2% for account balance paid every 30 days" to clarify i believe he means to say up to 2 percent acrued average a year but is compounded on a monthly basis. It sounds like its 2 percent a month so i just wanted to clairfy for new people jumping in. Delete this if im wrong/misunderstanding. Thanks guys keep up the excellent work!

Edit: i guess if ur adding up to 8 percent a year it makes since. Just trying to avoid confusion

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
Kryptomani

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:31:13 PM

Hey team.

]

I really like the Vault-page. Clean and to the point.

Will there be a new main-page as well?
R-J-F

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:50:23 PM

Hey team.

]

I really like the Vault-page. Clean and to the point.

Will there be a new main-page as well?

I'll second that, excellent design work, very professional, to the point and grabs your attention. In a word: Nice!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:53:24 PM

Hey team.

Hi everyone! Awesome work! Cant wait to see dnotes 2.0 released.. i thought i may jump in here and say when dyna says, "a) 2% for account balance paid every 30 days" to clarify i believe he means to say up to 2 percent acrued average a year but is compounded on a monthly basis. It sounds like its 2 percent a month so i just wanted to clairfy for new people jumping in. Delete this if im wrong/misunderstanding. Thanks guys keep up the excellent work!

Edit: i guess if ur adding up to 8 percent a year it makes since. Just trying to avoid confusion

Thanks, mrbum805. It is always good to clarify to avoid confusion. You are correct that 2% per annual is paid every 30 days. It is also about 2% per annual for the staking reward. The combined annualized total is around 8%. The compound interest will add up nicely over the years for long-term savers making DNotes uniquely attractive to serious investors.  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: