Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423209 times)
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 04:07:40 AM

I went down to Steamboats office & helped assemble heatsinks on 25 units,my brother met me there & he did 25.My brother also went by last week & put some together too.

It takes awhile & Steamboat has all 16 chips working  Cool

Maybe I can get back there & do some more later this week  Wink

Steamboat is working on the USB update solution & firmware tweaks as of now,very soon,he'll be shipping  Wink

He's working his ass off guy's,believe it  Cool

What are the error rates? Is he shipping order by order or waiting until they are all done?

ATM,error rates are kinda high,like 20% I think he said,I may have misunderstood.I'm a hardware guy  Roll Eyes  Software confuses me  Sad

First in first out for shipping  Wink He's waiting to get those few things finished,no idea how long it'll take.He is busting his chops to get these out ASAP though  Cool

Without BKKcoins,hes got this far.He does have help,so he is not on his own completely  Wink

So nothing new regarding error rates. Are all two batches of chips completely assembled or only the purchased boards? Thanks for helping. How is testing progressing? I don't think many would mind having to connect the heatsink on their own if it would save time.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:18:42 AM

I went down to Steamboats office & helped assemble heatsinks on 25 units,my brother met me there & he did 25.My brother also went by last week & put some together too.

Steamboat is working on the USB update solution & firmware tweaks as of now,very soon,he'll be shipping  Wink

What are the error rates? Is he shipping order by order or waiting until they are all done?

ATM,error rates are kinda high,like 20% I think he said,I may have misunderstood.I'm a hardware guy  Roll Eyes  Software confuses me  Sad

First in first out for shipping  Wink He's waiting to get those few things finished,no idea how long it'll take.He is busting his chops to get these out ASAP though  Cool

Without BKKcoins,hes got this far.He does have help,so he is not on his own completely  Wink

So nothing new regarding error rates. Are all two batches of chips completely assembled or only the purchased boards? Thanks for helping. How is testing progressing? I don't think many would mind having to connect the heatsink on their own if it would save time.

Gotta have the heatsinks on to load the firmware & test the unit,so its gotta be done before shipping.................Not sure about how many batches are in & I didn't ask about board amount either.Just trying to help get these ready for firmware when its time.

The actual flashing is pretty damn quick  Cheesy So the more that are ready when the time comes,the quicker the testing & flashing will be....oh & the shipping  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:23:22 AM

Nice job.  Hopefully Steamboat can sell assembly to others who have just chips, so that we can get an assembly refund.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
eroxors
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 04:24:51 AM

Gotta have the heatsinks on to load the firmware & test the unit,so its gotta be done before shipping.................Not sure about how many batches are in & I didn't ask about board amount either.Just trying to help get these ready for firmware when its time.

The actual flashing is pretty damn quick  Cheesy So the more that are ready when the time comes,the quicker the testing & flashing will be....oh & the shipping  Wink

Well, 50 units @ 16 chips each is 800 chips... 4% of the 20k. So, nice work. How many boards do you have personally ordered?

slightboyme

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:26:26 AM

Still no refund. Submitted 9/16. Anyone has the same situation?
eroxors
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 04:38:39 AM

I submitted 9/18.. I don't think anyone after the 16th or so is getting a refund. Look for your miners/chips in the mail in the next couple weeks.

slightboyme

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:47:53 AM

I dont think i ever saw an email/post about a cutoff date by steamboat. Do we have an official answer from steamboat that says no refund after 9/16? Sent steamboat an email a couple days ago, no reply yet.
Duetschpire

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 04:50:52 AM

I've submitted a refund on the 18th, but couldn't sign as my PC which had my walled was down. Got an email  from SB asking me to sign it. Found a wallet.dat backup after few days of searching (wallet had 0 coins that's why I didn't care about it). Sent a refund request again on the 23rd and replied to SB's email confirming that I've submitted a signed refund. Never heard back...

No Coins, no reply email, no chips and no shipping email.

I have a mate who submitted a correct refund on the 17th of September and he's on the same boat as me. I think this refund is more like a lotto ticket, those who were lucky enough got a refund, but people like us will be receiving a pretty expensive paper weight.

Looking at SB's post below, we were all under the impression that THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR REQUESTING A REFUND, so not sure how in hell SB decided that post 16th of Sep orders are not eligible.

Update:

We have confirmed with Yifu directly the eligibility of all batches ordered for a refund, to be processed when requested. Additionally, there is no deadline for requesting a refund. As such, we have begun processing all requests for refunds of orders placed with us, which will be submitted to Yifu upon each batch being requested in full.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:59:27 AM

I've submitted a refund on the 18th, but couldn't sign as my PC which had my walled was down. Got an email  from SB asking me to sign it. Found a wallet.dat backup after few days of searching (wallet had 0 coins that's why I didn't care about it). Sent a refund request again on the 23rd and replied to SB's email confirming that I've submitted a signed refund. Never heard back...

I have a mate who submitted a correct refund on the 17th of September and he's on the same boat as me. I think this refund is more like a lotto ticket, those who were lucky enough got a refund, but people like us will be receiving a pretty expensive paper weight.

Looking at SB's post below, we were all under the impression that THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR REQUESTING A REFUND, so not sure how in hell SB decided that post 16th of Sep orders are not eligible.

Update:

We have confirmed with Yifu directly the eligibility of all batches ordered for a refund, to be processed when requested. Additionally, there is no deadline for requesting a refund. As such, we have begun processing all requests for refunds of orders placed with us, which will be submitted to Yifu upon each batch being requested in full.

The deadline was before YiFu finally shipped chips. Once Yifu received a batch and shipped that batch, that batch was no longer eligible for refunds. Given how late thing were Yifu should have just canceled and refunded all batch orders. But he is the type of guy that would rather ship very late and unprofitable product than make things right with people.
Duetschpire

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 05:22:12 AM

I've submitted a refund on the 18th, but couldn't sign as my PC which had my walled was down. Got an email  from SB asking me to sign it. Found a wallet.dat backup after few days of searching (wallet had 0 coins that's why I didn't care about it). Sent a refund request again on the 23rd and replied to SB's email confirming that I've submitted a signed refund. Never heard back...

Update:

The deadline was before YiFu finally shipped chips. Once Yifu received a batch and shipped that batch, that batch was no longer eligible for refunds. Given how late thing were Yifu should have just canceled and refunded all batch orders. But he is the type of guy that would rather ship very late and unprofitable product than make things right with people.

Regardless, those who requested a refund before SB sent the email about chips being shipped should get their funds back. I don't believe that Yifu shipped the chips on the 17th of Sep  yet we only knew about it on the 3rd of Oct.. Doesn't make sense as if I was SB, I'd want people to know about it within the second

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:23:32 AM

Well, 50 units @ 16 chips each is 800 chips... 4% of the 20k. So, nice work. How many boards do you have personally ordered?

I ordered 6 boards & my bro ordered 15.I hope he gets that firmware/USB thing done ASAP  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:26:24 AM

Far as I know,when Avalon shipped anything,the last anyone would know is the tracking #.The stuff just arrives out of nowhere................................

Duetschpire

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 05:35:23 AM

Far as I know,when Avalon shipped anything,the last anyone would know is the tracking #.The stuff just arrives out of nowhere................................

What I don't get is who in their right mind would want chips in 3-4 weeks from now? even on free electricity, you'd be waiting years before ROI. Plus, we know that Avalon and Yifu are dicks, but for SB to say

Chip refunds:
Those who have submitted a refund request which cannot be fulfilled will be contacted shortly regarding their order.

and never send an email is a bit ridiculous too as there are 10s of people waiting for there funds and checking their wallets every day hoping a payment would come in at some point.

I'm not sure how/who figured out that there will be no refunds for post 16th of Sep orders, but I'm sure we'd all love an official response in that regard.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:38:01 AM

I'm "officially" the cutoff customer, as per SB's email. The "official" refund request is "16/09" (between " " because I *think* I submitted it before, but hey, I might be wrong).

I got an email yesterday saying I would get a refund for 450 chips (I ordered 904) and saying assembly is starting - but I also have 54 miners, fully assembled + hosting, paid for and still no news regarding the amount of the refund for those.

If anyone is interested, PM me with a reasonable offer. I'm looking at min 1BTC per miner, chips for free.
eroxors
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 01:28:04 PM

Update:

The thing is... we had no idea when or if the chips would ship and how many chip buyers had requested refunds. Unless we hear otherwise from SB, KS is the cutoff and he refunded on the 16th. SB said all refunds would be processed last week, so if you don't have coins in your wallet, you'll probably be getting miners.

SB, whenever you update, it would be nice to know when the chips actually arrived and if Yifu was honest about when he shipped them.

bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:36:16 AM

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that things are moving along.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:38:36 AM

So far, this is apparently the only working version of the Klondike that's actually working.

Of course, there is always tweaking to be done, but I've always known that Steamboat will come through.

As for why would anybody in their right mind would want these miners, the answer is quite easy.

They're already paid for, and are more likely to be in my hand than any other miner anytime soon, short of buying BFL or other crap on E-bay. I want to see them hashing, end of story. I don't give a rat's behind about ROI, or difficulty rate, or anything else. Once I see that hashrate working and going up, anything else is irrelevant. It's a drug, I admit it.

There is so much late shipping stuff or soon (tm) crap out there, and I frankly don't trust anything anymore. At least I know that Steamboat is getting his stuff together.

ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:38:05 PM

Would love to see some asics shipping porn soon :-)
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:52:59 AM

Would love an update from SB with details on assembly, testing, hosting refunds. Hundreds of dollars tied up there that we're being stonewalled on. 
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:01:55 AM

Update:

The thing is... we had no idea when or if the chips would ship and how many chip buyers had requested refunds. Unless we hear otherwise from SB, KS is the cutoff and he refunded on the 16th. SB said all refunds would be processed last week, so if you don't have coins in your wallet, you'll probably be getting miners.

SB, whenever you update, it would be nice to know when the chips actually arrived and if Yifu was honest about when he shipped them.

No coin, no miner here.
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: