Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: According to the past five or six weeks bitcoin price study I've noticed that the bitcoin price is continuously rising and falling, the price fall is more than the rise and still most of the bitcoin holders are not ready to sell it. I want to know the rea
When and how?
What if drops?

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are holding Bitcoin?  (Read 58435 times)
KenDowson

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:40:54 PM

It seems to me that one of the reasons is the expectation of an increase in the price of the BTC in the future and the desire in this way to secure itself. Because they believe in bitcoin.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Titanos

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:41:01 PM

People holds bitcoin in critical situations because they believe that bitcoin rises again as always. Now bitcoin is stronger than anytime before and its community is growing everyday.
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 03:42:05 PM

People are holding into bitcoin because, many people knows the capability of bitcoin. And onto holding it. Well if you believe on bitcoin you can see that there are so many possibilities. Many people believed that bitcoin will be up at 1m usd in the future. So hodl and take your iron balls.
As me, although I can not sure the price of Bitcoin will increase its value to 1 million dollar in future or not, but I always spend a little amount of Bitcoin to hold in my desktop wallet. That amount is very small, but if that future become the truth, it still helps me enough to become the rich man in my country Roll Eyes
That's quite a reasonable thing to do if bitcoin's price do really go up high as people have been expecting. If it really go up in a million each then every satoshi we hold has a lot of value especially those countries where dollars has a bigger value than their own local fiat currency. Better to hold atleast some bitcoin you own than spending all of it and regretting everything for years to come. But there's a chance too for it's price to go deep down where it's value was like way back from where it started depending on how government and people do about it.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:47:28 PM

If you will look at price of bitcoin from your writings july 2,200-2,400$ price compared to its 4,600-4800$ today, It's enough to prove you wrong. The price drop is not greater than the price increase. And it's the reason why people hold during the drop.

xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:31:02 PM

because people know that bitcoin price will eventually rise soon that many investors are using because bitcoin is alive when their are many users of it.. so why are people hold bitcoin long term because its all because of profit mass adoption and the like will drive bitcoin to continuously increase its price
kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:38:51 PM

What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
This is a nice question and i want to know this hehe but i think is becuase they are waiting the right time that the value of bitcoin become $10000? Or up! So that's why many people want to hold their bitcoin becuase they want to become rich someday and they know that the value of bitcoin is so much strong.
Jgatsby

Activity: 265

Pretty kewl right?

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:42:43 PM

Well looking at the big picture, BTC value surely grow over time, so I guess they're still waiting for it to pump up more. Referring to what you said about the critical situation, when the BTC hits that situation, investors/people think of it as an opportunity to invest more for they know that it will pump up in no time.

yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:48:34 PM

The price falling not gonna happen for a long time.
It was only market correction.

And the reasons peoples still holding onto their bitcoin was because they have faith in it.
That the price will rise again if they wait.
when the price grow, it have chance to over the last price. so, good choice to holding bitcoin for short time

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:29:24 PM

What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
To make their money big. If I were holding large amount of BTC, I will hold it until 2050. For long-term holder, the reasons why they hold their bitcoin because they believe bitcoin will rise up its price. You wouldn't hold your bitcoins when you're in financial situation. I always regret on selling my bitcoin at a low price.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:41:34 PM

To make their money big. If I were holding large amount of BTC, I will hold it until 2050. For long-term holder, the reasons why they hold their bitcoin because they believe bitcoin will rise up its price. You wouldn't hold your bitcoins when you're in financial situation. I always regret on selling my bitcoin at a low price.

If we look at it in the short term then we will see this bitcoin rising trend this week, we have to buy more and not sell it at all, or will lose the momentum of price increases, hold bitcoin still have to read the market situation and no need to panic when there is a decline, we should be smarter in the face of ongoing fluctuations.
Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:45:19 PM

Bitcoin holders are peoples who see bitcoin in the future. They include peoples are optimistic about the popularity cryptocurrency, so they are patient waiting for that time to happen. Where bitcoin becomes very valuable.

ngesotcoy

Activity: 559

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:47:04 PM

Now almost everyone around the world know about bitcoin. Nothing can stop the price going up of bitcoin. Keep bitcoin as you are keeping the benefits for the future.

Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:55:55 PM

Simply because the person who keeps holding the bitcoin knows and believes that our future is bitcoin ,because we all know that there is a possibility to increase the price. if you buy bitcoin and the price will double this maybe our way to be rich.

True, some people who are holding bitcoin believe in the future of bitcoin. They are holding it ans sell it when its on its peak. They in that way they can earn income a big income.  Or to some maybe they hold bitcoin as an investment in the future.. lately the value or the price of bitcoin is increasing everyday.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:18:11 PM

Bitcoin is a good investment. Selling it to others is like selling your future.Even how many forks would come it will survive.
Dobmader

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:27:00 PM

because every one want to buy cheap bitcoin and earn good profit thats why every one hold bitcoin
Dragonballing

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:30:26 PM

Most probably those people are investors who do the long term goal. They do not care how low would the value of bitcoin decrease because they are aiming for the long term and they knew that the decrease would be temporary and it will recover in the coming years.

Most of us believe that Bitcoin's price will increase in the long term. But how long is long-term? Is a holding period of 2 years sufficient or is 10 years required? Eventually, all of us have to cash out if we want to enjoy the appreciation in Bitcoin's price.
I agree with you but i don't think it will be something like 10 years i am planning to invest in bitcoin for 2 to 3 years this way i can cash them out and enjoy while i am still young and have the time to enjoy.
uniqueen

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

Most probably those people are investors who do the long term goal. They do not care how low would the value of bitcoin decrease because they are aiming for the long term and they knew that the decrease would be temporary and it will recover in the coming years.

Most of us believe that Bitcoin's price will increase in the long term. But how long is long-term? Is a holding period of 2 years sufficient or is 10 years required? Eventually, all of us have to cash out if we want to enjoy the appreciation in Bitcoin's price.
I agree with you but i don't think it will be something like 10 years i am planning to invest in bitcoin for 2 to 3 years this way i can cash them out and enjoy while i am still young and have the time to enjoy.
You are totally right with what you are saying i personally think that if u do it the right way and spend just the right amount of time in bitcoin you will be able to reach your goals in even 6 to 12 months.
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:12:08 PM

I think many people hold the bitcoins because bitcoin's price will be more expensive in the future,
bitcoins be considered as new digital gold and digital asset, bitcoins can protect their whealty from inflation
so they hold bitcoins for long time.

Many people are continously holding in the Bitcoin beacuse its value will keep on growing and increasing continously. You can serve it like an online banking wherein you can store up your money yet the difference is its value grows faster than banks.
Pansamantala

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:23:36 PM

People hold bitcoin becuasw thay want to get a huge of profit someday or become rich.
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:31:41 PM

someone holds Bitcoin because they know Bitcoin will crawl up much higher than it is now. therefore they prefer to hold Bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: