Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:12:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:57:13 PM

One of the thing that must be taken into account is that fidelity is a way for companies to gain access to personal datas on consumers which is a great thing economically speaking for them.

A system like Gatcoin would prevent the collection of personnal datas by the companies or not ?

That ties in with my earlier question, what is the reason for collecting all that data on those cashback forms? I suspect companies want to collect data to analyze customer behavior. From the companies' point of view if GATCOIN prevented the collection of personal data, that would be a loss for them.

Section 2.2.7 of the whitepaper is relevant:

Consumption Patterns: by analyzing geo-location and token consumption from the GAT Wallet, enterprises will gain valuable insight into where marketing resources are best applied

Since the app is on a smartphone it would be technically possible to extract personal data (anonymized or not - and we have known for long that "anonymized" data really isn't).

Therefore, from the consumers' point of view it would be interesting to know GATCOIN's stance how to serve both the companies' and customers' needs with regards to marketing and privacy.

The part of the whitepaper you quoted is very interesting. But couldn't it be possible that these geo-location and token consumtion data is without any connection to personal information about the users. More like a general information where which tokens were used (and not by whom).

Quite right. Let them collect data on movements and coupon payments, transactions, but not personal data.
Data collection is necessary for merchants. The buyer must be able to agree or disagree on data collection. In general, the presence of internal impersonal coupons should preclude the collection of personal data. When such data is collected, it ends with annoying mailing of advertising and spam.
Every company wants this kind of statistics. The question is - will GATCOIN sell this info to third parties or they will be using this only for themselves?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wonderfullife

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:01:39 PM

Gatcoin will gradually replace the means of fidelity to build rewards against the cummulated points, a more intuitive way to preserve the fidelity of the customers.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:40:55 PM

The GAT Network is a collection of private consortia GAT networks and enterprise databases.These networks are maintained by participating merchants, and tailored specifically to merchant needs. Some of these private networks will be shared with other merchants, and other networks will be run privately or in partnership with allied merchants

With which merchants you want to make parthnerships? You think about Utrust? Their conceps looks good  Roll Eyes

What do you mean? Networks are made by merchants, is UTrust a merchant? I don't think so, UTrust is a payments service, doesn't offer products like Starbucks for example

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:53:00 PM

One of the thing that must be taken into account is that fidelity is a way for companies to gain access to personal datas on consumers which is a great thing economically speaking for them.

A system like Gatcoin would prevent the collection of personnal datas by the companies or not ?

That ties in with my earlier question, what is the reason for collecting all that data on those cashback forms? I suspect companies want to collect data to analyze customer behavior. From the companies' point of view if GATCOIN prevented the collection of personal data, that would be a loss for them.

Section 2.2.7 of the whitepaper is relevant:

Consumption Patterns: by analyzing geo-location and token consumption from the GAT Wallet, enterprises will gain valuable insight into where marketing resources are best applied

Since the app is on a smartphone it would be technically possible to extract personal data (anonymized or not - and we have known for long that "anonymized" data really isn't).

Therefore, from the consumers' point of view it would be interesting to know GATCOIN's stance how to serve both the companies' and customers' needs with regards to marketing and privacy.

The part of the whitepaper you quoted is very interesting. But couldn't it be possible that these geo-location and token consumtion data is without any connection to personal information about the users. More like a general information where which tokens were used (and not by whom).

Quite right. Let them collect data on movements and coupon payments, transactions, but not personal data.
Data collection is necessary for merchants. The buyer must be able to agree or disagree on data collection. In general, the presence of internal impersonal coupons should preclude the collection of personal data. When such data is collected, it ends with annoying mailing of advertising and spam.
Every company wants this kind of statistics. The question is - will GATCOIN sell this info to third parties or they will be using this only for themselves?

Well, I must have a rare opinion but I'm not opposed at all to merchants having personnal datas about me. These are used to make better and more adapted products, while understanding consumers behaviour. Ok, their goal is to make more money, but they make more money because their products become better for me.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:00:27 PM

The GAT Network is a collection of private consortia GAT networks and enterprise databases.These networks are maintained by participating merchants, and tailored specifically to merchant needs. Some of these private networks will be shared with other merchants, and other networks will be run privately or in partnership with allied merchants

With which merchants you want to make parthnerships? You think about Utrust? Their conceps looks good  Roll Eyes

What do you mean? Networks are made by merchants, is UTrust a merchant? I don't think so, UTrust is a payments service, doesn't offer products like Starbucks for example

Yes, utrust its a payment system. But they also will have merchant. Or Im wrong?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:31:09 PM

Yes i think too Asian market is really a good place to start to use gatcoin. Its a big market and gatcoin will have a lot of application. The concept of tokenize the reward system and permit to Chinese tourist for exemple to pay with it is really nice. I think gatcoin will do great things then will spread the system in a lot of countries.

i agree. i can see quickly grown out to all major market fast if they able to convince some merchants and partner with them

if you can convince a big company in one country to use the system, they can they export it to other branches in other countries. that's how this project will become global.

Yes the more companies that use the services of gatcoin, will encourage other ones to use it too, and the Asian market is huge, so it will a matter of time shops in europe starts using it as well, then it will come to US, and at last to Africa and South and center America.

Its also good for us because the platform and its functionality will get tested in Asia, get some value, and go on other markets. We will get a bugles platform and its value will rise.

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:34:39 PM

I think in time  people in bigger countries will benefit from this coin more since there will be more demand for specific merchant coins which means their price will be higher. smaller merchant, less demand, less chance for profit.
I think US and Europe will be the most interesting for this coin but also other countries. Imagine McDonald's will use this it will rocket.

Sergey_kripta

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:49:07 PM

If to argue logically, it is really so. A large country will have an advantage. But it is not necessary to completely write off the accounts of other countries. Smaller countries will also receive their profits.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
kacakkipri

Activity: 350
Merit: 171

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:00:22 PM

Is it true that I understand? will this project provide the opportunity to produce tokens to use in every real brand campaign? there were similar projects that were issued earlier. What is the difference between projects like Incent and alloy?

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:06:14 PM

Must cost a lot to prospect all these merchants, do you plan to focus a particular continent at the beginning ?

Will you prospect by going directly in the cities or you'll do this at distance ?

I Think this will be a major challenge. I find the Project interesting but this part makes me a bit sceptical on the feasibility of the Project.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:36:38 PM

GATCOIN is really something that can be used all over the world in big brand companies.

Gatcoin aims to change the way retailers use loyalty points and programs. The company is introducing a blockchain-based ecosystem that allows retailers to target consumers with “A-Drops”. Retailers send a push notification to the user’s smartphone alerting them that they received digital currency for that particular retailer.

Just imagine (like said above) that this will be used in Mc Donalds Cheesy
This will not only pump this asset but will pump the whole crypto community!

Great work guys.
Keep doing what you guys are doing Smiley
Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:38:34 PM

Well, I must have a rare opinion but I'm not opposed at all to merchants having personnal datas about me. These are used to make better and more adapted products, while understanding consumers behaviour. Ok, their goal is to make more money, but they make more money because their products become better for me.

It is a generational thing. There are generations of people that still remember the world before the mass adoption of internet who are less comfortable with the collection of personal data. On the other hand, the generation that was born with a smartphone in their hand, so to speak, welcomes an internet that is tailored to their preferences.

It is that latter group for whom GATCOIN's analysis of consumer behavior would be a particular win-win-win situation: consumers benefit from better offers, retailers get more insight in their consumers and GATCOIN earns more fees.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:47:28 PM

Is it true that I understand? will this project provide the opportunity to produce tokens to use in every real brand campaign? there were similar projects that were issued earlier. What is the difference between projects like Incent and alloy?

Don't know about Alloy and Incent but Gatcoin will create a new blockchain ecosystem where merchant tokens (what you call real brand campaign?) can be exchanged with each other

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:51:36 PM

I think in time  people in bigger countries will benefit from this coin more since there will be more demand for specific merchant coins which means their price will be higher. smaller merchant, less demand, less chance for profit.
I think US and Europe will be the most interesting for this coin but also other countries. Imagine McDonald's will use this it will rocket.

first things first. let the dev's get the project of the ground, test it out in their current partnerships and then expand. we will have to wait for it to become popular.

SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:53:17 PM

It is a generational thing. There are generations of people that still remember the world before the mass adoption of internet who are less comfortable with the collection of personal data. On the other hand, the generation that was born with a smartphone in their hand, so to speak, welcomes an internet that is tailored to their preferences.

It is that latter group for whom GATCOIN's analysis of consumer behavior would be a particular win-win-win situation: consumers benefit from better offers, retailers get more insight in their consumers and GATCOIN earns more fees.

Best example is google of course with all its genius services. Take alone google maps and how precisely it navigates you from A to B by now with all kinds of alternatives should there be traffic problems. Why is that possible? Because I give them access to my mobility data. There is a good and a bad side to that of course. But we also need to decide what we do want and what we do not want. If we want a super easy life with computers telling us everything, then data is the currency we have to use for payment.

filgaia

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:54:46 PM

no airdrop?

Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:02:27 PM

Best example is google of course with all its genius services. Take alone google maps and how precisely it navigates you from A to B by now with all kinds of alternatives should there be traffic problems. Why is that possible? Because I give them access to my mobility data. There is a good and a bad side to that of course. But we also need to decide what we do want and what we do not want. If we want a super easy life with computers telling us everything, then data is the currency we have to use for payment.

Another example is medical data. For example, if hospitals combined all data on cancer treatments and cancer patients, there could be more effective treatments. The reason is that cancer is commonly treated in a one-size-fits-all fashion (tons of chemo and radiation) instead of a personalized treatment based on the type of cancer and its location among other characteristics.

But many hospitals prefer to sit on their data, which by the way is often stored in a non-standard proprietary format too. This situation is not helped by privacy advocates fighting medical databases.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/06/data-sharing-cancer-treatment/

Now we are straying far away from GATCOIN's area but I think the message that analyzing consumer data could provide a mutual benefit is clear.
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:23:19 PM

Must cost a lot to prospect all these merchants, do you plan to focus a particular continent at the beginning ?

Will you prospect by going directly in the cities or you'll do this at distance ?

They might not even need to do so much work. If you just get a successful chain of stores to use GATCOIN. Behind the scenes a lot of different chains are also usually owned by one big company
heyjoe

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:36:44 PM

They might not even need to do so much work. If you just get a successful chain of stores to use GATCOIN. Behind the scenes a lot of different chains are also usually owned by one big company

Just proving it with a mid sized retailer can open up a lot of doors.. it will all depend on the team's connections, persistence, and sales strategy.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:43:40 PM

found rather interesting GATCOIN review with Mike B - he does extensive reviews, captures all aspects. You can watch this too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn78o3XMKUE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: