Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:43:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:09:01 PM

Another example is medical data. For example, if hospitals combined all data on cancer treatments and cancer patients, there could be more effective treatments. The reason is that cancer is commonly treated in a one-size-fits-all fashion (tons of chemo and radiation) instead of a personalized treatment based on the type of cancer and its location among other characteristics.

But many hospitals prefer to sit on their data, which by the way is often stored in a non-standard proprietary format too. This situation is not helped by privacy advocates fighting medical databases.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/06/data-sharing-cancer-treatment/

Now we are straying far away from GATCOIN's area but I think the message that analyzing consumer data could provide a mutual benefit is clear.

Yes this is another very interesting and relevant example from your side. I think you can gain infinite benefits from analyzing data over and over again. Logically, there is no limit to the results that you could gather from a growing set of data. We need the infrastructures in place that provide sufficient security for all the data to be pooled and analyzed without violating privacy aspects. We are on the right way I think.

The danger lies in "there is no limit to the results that you could gather from a growing set of data." You can combine and massage data in any way you want to get any result that is desired.

Risking a Godwin, here is an example:

Chillingly, there can be no question that the Geheime Staatspolizei’s aura of omniscience was due in no small measure to its special competence in gathering and organizing huge quantities of data on resistance movements, potentially subversive individuals, informers, industrial firms, publications, even other security agencies, and making that information readily accessible to its field agents through an ingeniously contrived system of multi-colored index cards. One shudders to think what the Gestapo might have done with just a handful of the data-mining tools currently employed by the NSA.

And:

the "only way to protect the people’s privacy is not to allow the government to collect their information in the first place.”

http://www.businessinsider.com/stasi-talks-about-nsa-surveillance-state-2013-6

Or perhaps more relevant to us:

“Miners are getting jailed and accused of terrorism, money laundering, computer crimes and many other crimes,” read one comment from a user who claimed to be Venezuelan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/10/bitcoin-mining-is-big-business-in-venezuela-but-the-government-wants-to-shut-it-down/

Filling in those PC hardware cashback forms with your name and address could land you in trouble. If GATCOIN has a way to redeem rewards without giving away that much personal information, that would be a boon for privacy.

I 100% agree with you and I like the sources you provided. I think with blockchain infrastructures we are on a good way to have both massive data analytics and individual privacy. How it all plays out? We will see in the future Wink

Those examples of mass surveillance for oppression, despite the deep imprints they have left in history, are symptoms of an unsolved fundamental economic problem in the world: resource scarcity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:16:58 PM

Do we already know if there is some world famous merchant among those who are in the COTOCO program and will start using Gatcoin platform? Or they are mostly Japanese and local companies?

Even though you might not be able to read Japanese, the COTOCO website gives you a vague idea about their brands: https://cotoco.net/brandList/init
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:18:55 PM

Since you will do a rewards program. Why dont you contact a website like airdropalert and let them airdrop a bunch of coins to get a wide distribution of coins? I am sure people in this
tread will be happy if they can get some airdrop GATcoins

Rewards and airdrops will be just for merchants tokens, but for that, they need a working platform and actual tokens. Technically, you will be able to trade merchant tokens for Gatcoin so in the end you will be able to collect it indirectly trough airdrops.

I am not sure about this kind of airdrop would work for their interests.

Maybe a brand new merchant like to go with it, but if I was a merchant already on market, I wouldn't want to give away too many freebies to everybody. I would want to share it, my real customers.

I do agree with you on this .. the biggest rewards should be issued as a sort of loyalty bonus to inspire current customers to spend more .
Some smaller airdrops should and can be issued to new users as some sort of motivational bonus to join the merchant Wink
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:23:07 PM

well, a little airdrop campaign for gatcoin tokens will be really nice and could spread the awareness of this project even more >< just a little amount would be perfect >< hrrr

If ICO has already been announced, and then airdrop is suddenly announced, it will be perceived as a decrease in the value of the project, and not as a spread to attract attention. So it's hardly necessary to do this.

I agree with you. Airdrop is not a good idea while ICO is near. Airdrop should be used for the marketing purpose but not when ICO is yet to start.

I also think airdrop would not be good for such kind of project and with this time schedule. This project needs real investors.

greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:33:22 PM

well, a little airdrop campaign for gatcoin tokens will be really nice and could spread the awareness of this project even more >< just a little amount would be perfect >< hrrr

If ICO has already been announced, and then airdrop is suddenly announced, it will be perceived as a decrease in the value of the project, and not as a spread to attract attention. So it's hardly necessary to do this.

I agree with you. Airdrop is not a good idea while ICO is near. Airdrop should be used for the marketing purpose but not when ICO is yet to start.

I also think airdrop would not be good for such kind of project and with this time schedule. This project needs real investors.

I think the airdrop will benefit the project, the coins will be distributed a little but it will be a good advertisement and many people will know about the project.
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:41:13 PM

Most of participants in airdrops are just speculants so they will immediately dump their tokens. GATCOIN needs some organic growth from investors and partners  Smiley
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:46:01 PM

Most of participants in airdrops are just speculants so they will immediately dump their tokens. GATCOIN needs some organic growth from investors and partners  Smiley

I think we are mixing up the term airdrop and a-drop. 2 many people are getting airdrops on Bitcointalk Smiley
The a-drop discussion a few pages ago is talking about automatic dropping of tokens for customers of Gatcoins customers. Eg Starbuck ..
A Starbuck token issued by Gatcoin could be a-dropped towards a passing by user on the street (eg a coupon that is wirelessly transmitted to new or existing customers)
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:49:28 PM

Its a shame China cant participate in this ICO.
I'm sure that they would like this ICO because Japan is very populair for Chinese people.

Who knows ICO will be regulated as soon this ICO starts Wink
You can also look it from  this side:
Buy now and invest in this project... when China has regulated cryptocurrencies they will buy these tokens on exchanges and price will rise Smiley

I prefer an open market where everyone can invest in something they believe in.
Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:30:07 PM

An airdrop would be good to be done in Asia, or Japan, where actually common people outside cryptos would actually know the project and start to use it, THEN it would be good, but doing it here, won't bring any benefits, just a bunch of people dumping the price when it hit exchanges, so yeah, no airdrops here.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:58:51 PM

An airdrop would be good to be done in Asia, or Japan, where actually common people outside cryptos would actually know the project and start to use it, THEN it would be good, but doing it here, won't bring any benefits, just a bunch of people dumping the price when it hit exchanges, so yeah, no airdrops here.
I agree, the more people learn about the project, the more popular it will eventually become.
airdrop can be a good start for marketing , in the end, all will be in the winning
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:26:04 PM

Its a shame China cant participate in this ICO.
I'm sure that they would like this ICO because Japan is very populair for Chinese people.

Who knows ICO will be regulated as soon this ICO starts Wink
You can also look it from  this side:
Buy now and invest in this project... when China has regulated cryptocurrencies they will buy these tokens on exchanges and price will rise Smiley

I prefer an open market where everyone can invest in something they believe in.

heh? why cant china participate here? chinese people can invest like they want, this is not a exchange OO? which was forbidden recently and now the government wants to license to those chinese exchanges.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:14:47 AM

I think we are mixing up the term airdrop and a-drop. 2 many people are getting airdrops on Bitcointalk Smiley
The a-drop discussion a few pages ago is talking about automatic dropping of tokens for customers of Gatcoins customers. Eg Starbuck ..
A Starbuck token issued by Gatcoin could be a-dropped towards a passing by user on the street (eg a coupon that is wirelessly transmitted to new or existing customers)

This a-drop concept is pretty nice. Are there already such "reward" programs which use this in companies apps or something? I mean, when you pass shops you get a coupon or whatever on your mobile phone?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:36:44 AM

Here is a link to article on insideretail.

https://insideretail.asia/2017/10/09/sk-planet-japan-gatcoin-to-target-tourists/

Interesting quote: “Chinese tourism is booming, with more than 24 million arrivals to Japan last year,” says SK Planet Japan (SKPJ) CEO Steve Lee. “Bakugai, the Japanese word for Chinese ‘explosive buying’, hit more than $13 billion last year.''
In this article they say that Gatcoin, together with SK planet Japan wants to target Chinese tourism in Japan.

levyashin

Activity: 980

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:38:41 AM

I agree, the more people learn about the project, the more popular it will eventually become.
airdrop can be a good start for marketing , in the end, all will be in the winning

There is lots of ways to marketing. I believe airdrop will not be a good way. But they have a capable team and i believe they will choose the best strategy for it.

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:08:49 AM

There is lots of ways to marketing. I believe airdrop will not be a good way. But they have a capable team and i believe they will choose the best strategy for it.
Actually airdrop is good, but i think it needs some terms and conditions so the airdrop wont drop to the people who only want profit and sell it after they got it.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:10:20 AM

https://insideretail.asia/2017/10/09/sk-planet-japan-gatcoin-to-target-tourists/

Interesting quote: “Chinese tourism is booming, with more than 24 million arrivals to Japan last year,” says SK Planet Japan (SKPJ) CEO Steve Lee. “Bakugai, the Japanese word for Chinese ‘explosive buying’, hit more than $13 billion last year.''
In this article they say that Gatcoin, together with SK planet Japan wants to target Chinese tourism in Japan.

thanks for sharing man, this looks fantastic. in the long run this might go really high.

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:37:41 AM

China people cant participate in the ICO? Hm.. its may be better, because they will want buy on the exchange than
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:54:20 AM

Actually airdrop is good, but i think it needs some terms and conditions so the airdrop wont drop to the people who only want profit and sell it after they got it.
Airdrop is awful idea. Almost every participant of Airdrops wants only to sell it's tokens as fast as possible
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:59:52 AM

thanks for sharing man, this looks fantastic. in the long run this might go really high.

These are some impressive numbers. Good that GATcoin can profit from these massive shopping tourist boom in Japan. Seems like GATcoin chose the right country to start off
FIEX

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:12:47 AM

China people cant participate in the ICO? Hm.. its may be better, because they will want buy on the exchange than

China banned all ICO's so the citizens cant participate.
They can buy from exchanges when cryptocurrencies are regulated in China and if its regulated after ICO its a good thing for the investors Smiley.

Really hope China comes back in the game and hopefully very soon Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: