Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:08:01 PM

Since you will do a rewards program. Why dont you contact a website like airdropalert and let them airdrop a bunch of coins to get a wide distribution of coins? I am sure people in this
tread will be happy if they can get some airdrop GATcoins

Quite a good idea !

It's true that the more users there is, the more the money will be known and used.
They will make an airdrop? where can i see the statement about it? If so, when will it happen?

I don't think there will be an airdrop currently. These are just speculations from users how Gatcoin could make more user traffic.
In my opinion, it would be better if they try to get more partnerships before ICO than making an airdrop if a company uses their service customers will use it even if they never heard of this project before.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:09:02 PM

Since you will do a rewards program. Why dont you contact a website like airdropalert and let them airdrop a bunch of coins to get a wide distribution of coins? I am sure people in this

Quite a good idea !

It's true that the more users there is, the more the money will be known and used.
They will make an airdrop? where can i see the statement about it? If so, when will it happen?

I don't think there will be an airdrop currently. These are just speculations from users how Gatcoin could make more user traffic.

Yes, it was just a brainstorming in the thread. There is not such a thing, for now at least.

It has been airdrop shower for some time. "Airdrop" word is drawing too much attention.

Gatcoin has a platform and they need money to make it happen. Airdrop will not help this project. In addition, airdrop doesn't mean anything because most participants will throw away their coins once the coin hits the exchanger. It is better to reward people who are able to promote gatcoin in an adequate way.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

Quite a good idea !

Yes, it was just a brainstorming in the thread. There is not such a thing, for now at least.

It has been airdrop shower for some time. "Airdrop" word is drawing too much attention.

It's crazy how people are going for airdrops now in the hope to get some free money. Of course, I also love to take free "money" but recently there are like 20 new airdrops each day, that's really too much.

Say airdrop, let them fill in a form with emailaddress... then you have a nice mailing list when the ICO starts Wink.
Give everyone 1 GATCOIN Smiley and I'm sure some will buy more.

But on the other hand...
Aidrops are losing there values, everyone is creating a Aidrop in the hope to make free money. If this goes on people will automatically link airdrop with scams. So for a project as GATcoin, I think that an airdrop isnt the best idea Smiley
ben_GAT

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:43:07 PM

I like the project and all but there is some information in the whitepaper that is pulled from some very old reports on the transaction speeds of VISA.

Whitepaper
1 According to Professor Wei-Tek Tsai, test results operating on 4 nodes using
IBM 4 x86 processors produced verified transaction speeds of an average of 5,000 transactions
per second (TPS) which is equivalent to average Visa/Mastercard processing speeds.

https://www.informationweek.com/visa-tests-transaction-processing-system/d/d-id/1026381
During the annual weeklong stress test, conducted at an IBM facility outside Washington, D.C., Visa ran the system at a processing load of 6,200 transaction messages per second, a 20% increase over last year's peak on Dec. 24 of 5,200 transaction messages per second. Each card purchase requires about two transaction messages.

https://www.visa.com/blogarchives/us/2013/10/10/stress-test-prepares-visanet-for-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year/index.html
After the test is concluded, the VisaNet team determines the best configuration to maintain our higher levels of security and reliability when millions of transactions from all over the world hit the network during the holiday shopping season. As a result, they also come back from Gaithersburg with a number that represents the maximum processing capacity VisaNet can handle, which later is stamped on coffee mugs and distributed to the team involved in the test. This year’s “mug number” – as we like to call it – is 47,000 transaction messages per second, which is a huge step forward from 2012’s peak capacity of 30,000 transaction messages per second!

I didn't have time to look up the current transactions per second capabilities of VISA so don't quote me on this but I vaguely remember hearing Vitalek say they were over 69,000 TPS. The 5,000 TPS capabilities are from 14 years old data. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no expert in this field. I decided to do a quick search after thinking about Vitalek the Visitor's talk a few months back.

So my question to GATCOIN is, who looked up and verified your whitepaper's numbers?
My next question is.... Is your tech ready to handle the load of the holidays? With November and December comes a tripling of TPS at the minimum.

That is a small typo if anything and in my opinion does not reflect the capabilities of this project as a whole. Nor does it raise any red flags. After reading through the whitepaper again I actually saw the brilliance behind this idea and I am still a supporter. Just thought I'd point this out to see how the team reacts and also to have it brought light by a supporter rather than a trolly nay-sayer.

Interesting, so the peak txs/s for Visa back in 2013 was around 23,500 (because 47,000 tms , 1 tx = 2 transaction messages). Whitepaper says "average", now that you brought up this, I wanna know what's the peak for GAT blockchain

This is something I want to know too. I highly doubt they would reach even half of the capacity they have available in terms of T/PS but I think they should comment or at least change the data in their whitepaper. It's easy to see how they got those numbers. It's not data that is very popular but for some reason when searching it the old, old data pops up and takes over the first page of results.

Chinese, Japanese, who cares what nationality the dev team is? I've asked a real question about the data in the whitepaper four times now. Why can I not get a response. I have been supporting this project and treated the 14 year old data I the whitepaper as a typo. That's a big part of this project and I would like to know why that was overlooked. I'm nowhere near professional in this field and I saw that was very wrong. This team should have seen that and immediately fixed it.

Apologies for the delayed reply. This is a very excellent point and we’re glad you looked so thoroughly through our white paper to find it. The data you cited from Visa represents the STRESS testing and PEAK transaction speeds that Visa can handle—for example, AliPay can currently handle 180k TPS at peak. However, the average TPS for Visa is still in the 4,000-5,000 range. Our figures in the white paper are for our average as well. We can handle up to 100k TPS for short periods (such as holidays like you mentioned) but we feel reporting this number gives a false impression of our capabilities and that average is much more important. No company can reliably offer 47,000 TPS as an average. Even Ethereum Enterprise which is aiming for just 100 TPS has yet to reach it. We feel this is really one of the hidden strengths of GATCOIN.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:44:27 PM

well, a little airdrop campaign for gatcoin tokens will be really nice and could spread the awareness of this project even more >< just a little amount would be perfect >< hrrr
viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:58:29 PM

well, a little airdrop campaign for gatcoin tokens will be really nice and could spread the awareness of this project even more >< just a little amount would be perfect >< hrrr

If ICO has already been announced, and then airdrop is suddenly announced, it will be perceived as a decrease in the value of the project, and not as a spread to attract attention. So it's hardly necessary to do this.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:00:58 PM

Do we already know if there is some world famous merchant among those who are in the COTOCO program and will start using Gatcoin platform? Or they are mostly Japanese and local companies?

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:01:35 PM

If ICO has already been announced, and then airdrop is suddenly announced, it will be perceived as a decrease in the value of the project, and not as a spread to attract attention. So it's hardly necessary to do this.

They should do an Airdrop for some GAT tokens with their A drop technology. That would be outstanding and really cool but I guess it's not possible cause this system is meant for the merchant tokens.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:32:47 PM

The partnership with sk planet japan seems to be great. They already manage a reward program for customer with COTOCO and gatcoin will use it to spread the platform. Gatcoin can profit a lot of that partnership, I think the platform will be week adopted in Asia.

I think it all depends on how things will go with this first partnership. If it's a success then we can expect a surge in token value.
you can see how they plan using marketing to make a popular project in the Asian region, I think success is guaranteed
SixFigures

Merit: 252

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:46:40 PM

Another example is medical data. For example, if hospitals combined all data on cancer treatments and cancer patients, there could be more effective treatments. The reason is that cancer is commonly treated in a one-size-fits-all fashion (tons of chemo and radiation) instead of a personalized treatment based on the type of cancer and its location among other characteristics.

But many hospitals prefer to sit on their data, which by the way is often stored in a non-standard proprietary format too. This situation is not helped by privacy advocates fighting medical databases.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/06/data-sharing-cancer-treatment/

Now we are straying far away from GATCOIN's area but I think the message that analyzing consumer data could provide a mutual benefit is clear.

Yes this is another very interesting and relevant example from your side. I think you can gain infinite benefits from analyzing data over and over again. Logically, there is no limit to the results that you could gather from a growing set of data. We need the infrastructures in place that provide sufficient security for all the data to be pooled and analyzed without violating privacy aspects. We are on the right way I think.

The danger lies in "there is no limit to the results that you could gather from a growing set of data." You can combine and massage data in any way you want to get any result that is desired.

Risking a Godwin, here is an example:

Chillingly, there can be no question that the Geheime Staatspolizei’s aura of omniscience was due in no small measure to its special competence in gathering and organizing huge quantities of data on resistance movements, potentially subversive individuals, informers, industrial firms, publications, even other security agencies, and making that information readily accessible to its field agents through an ingeniously contrived system of multi-colored index cards. One shudders to think what the Gestapo might have done with just a handful of the data-mining tools currently employed by the NSA.

And:

the "only way to protect the people’s privacy is not to allow the government to collect their information in the first place.”

http://www.businessinsider.com/stasi-talks-about-nsa-surveillance-state-2013-6

Or perhaps more relevant to us:

“Miners are getting jailed and accused of terrorism, money laundering, computer crimes and many other crimes,” read one comment from a user who claimed to be Venezuelan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/10/bitcoin-mining-is-big-business-in-venezuela-but-the-government-wants-to-shut-it-down/

Filling in those PC hardware cashback forms with your name and address could land you in trouble. If GATCOIN has a way to redeem rewards without giving away that much personal information, that would be a boon for privacy.

I 100% agree with you and I like the sources you provided. I think with blockchain infrastructures we are on a good way to have both massive data analytics and individual privacy. How it all plays out? We will see in the future Wink

Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:49:30 PM

Apologies for the delayed reply. This is a very excellent point and we’re glad you looked so thoroughly through our white paper to find it. The data you cited from Visa represents the STRESS testing and PEAK transaction speeds that Visa can handle—for example, AliPay can currently handle 180k TPS at peak. However, the average TPS for Visa is still in the 4,000-5,000 range. Our figures in the white paper are for our average as well. We can handle up to 100k TPS for short periods (such as holidays like you mentioned) but we feel reporting this number gives a false impression of our capabilities and that average is much more important. No company can reliably offer 47,000 TPS as an average. Even Ethereum Enterprise which is aiming for just 100 TPS has yet to reach it. We feel this is really one of the hidden strengths of GATCOIN.

That is an impressive performance.

Who can run Super Large Ledger nodes? Are they restricted to consortia merchants and GATCOIN? So while the GAT Coins live on the decentralized Ethereum network, the Merchant Tokens could be considered more or less centralized, if not in terms of hardware but in terms of control?
pynetx

Merit: 262

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:06:41 PM

I agree with you. Airdrop is not a good idea while ICO is near. Airdrop should be used for the marketing purpose but not when ICO is yet to start.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:14:08 PM

Who can run Super Large Ledger nodes? Are they restricted to consortia merchants and GATCOIN? So while the GAT Coins live on the decentralized Ethereum network, the Merchant Tokens could be considered more or less centralized, if not in terms of hardware but in terms of control?

and what is the speed of the gatcoin token then? i assume the max to 100tps, due to the token being on the ethereum blockchain, or am i wrong?
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:43:26 PM

I agree with you. Airdrop is not a good idea while ICO is near. Airdrop should be used for the marketing purpose but not when ICO is yet to start.

Airdrops can be done after the ICO, if the conditions are met beforehand. lots of projects promote themselves that way.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:45:59 PM

and what is the speed of the gatcoin token then? i assume the max to 100tps, due to the token being on the ethereum blockchain, or am i wrong?

Yes because GATcoin token will be on the ethereum platform it won't profit from the transaction speed of the SLL technology.
Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:30:02 PM

Yes because GATcoin token will be on the ethereum platform it won't profit from the transaction speed of the SLL technology.

I think the idea is that Merchant Tokens will need much higher TPS than the GAT Coins. The Merchant Tokens are used by customers in the real world, while the GAT Coins are used for buying and selling Merchant Tokens in the crypto market.
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:42:42 PM

Typically, airdrop uses projects that are difficult to attract the audience. At the expense of gatcoin, I would not say so, he has already attracted a significant audience than practically ensured success in ICO

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:57:26 PM

The partnership with sk planet japan seems to be great. They already manage a reward program for customer with COTOCO and gatcoin will use it to spread the platform. Gatcoin can profit a lot of that partnership, I think the platform will be week adopted in Asia.

I think it all depends on how things will go with this first partnership. If it's a success then we can expect a surge in token value.
you can see how they plan using marketing to make a popular project in the Asian region, I think success is guaranteed
If the first partnership is a success many others will follow and we will see more partnerships coming fast. Let's hope they will also be available in America and Europe soon.

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:17:56 PM

Yes its true, the partnership will open a lot of business if its a sucess, and the Asian market is huge and crypto friendly, I really think gatcoin can work very welll here. I have big hope for this partnership and the next to come.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:59:26 PM

I do not fully understand the subject. or let me tell you what I understand. Any brands or companies wanting to create a coin, will they create a coin with this platform and use it in their campaigns? Did I understand correctly?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: