Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

There are two sides arguing about anoncoin.

One side are true believers in anc and zerocoin.

The other side are skeptics of zerocoin.

Here is the bottom line. Anc is a good coin with a stable development history and devs who are willing to adapt. But zerocoin is almost certainly a scam of some sort, a terminally flawed algorithm.

Anc, on its devs and history alone is cheap right now. Zerocoin is irrelevant. Once zerocoin is rolled out, if it is ever rolled out, its flaws will be discussed and it will be dismissed in favor of something else. Anc is a good coin long term.

You obviously know very little about Anoncoin then.  As the plan from the very start was to implement Zerocoin.  It has just taken a while for the development of Zerocoin to mature to this stage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:54:29 PM

Here is the bottom line. Anc is a good coin with a stable development history and devs who are willing to adapt. But zerocoin is almost certainly a scam of some sort, a terminally flawed algorithm.

Anc, on its devs and history alone is cheap right now. Zerocoin is irrelevant. Once zerocoin is rolled out, if it is ever rolled out, its flaws will be discussed and it will be dismissed in favor of something else. Anc is a good coin long term.

You know, you really should elaborate when you make claims like this.
utahmark

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:34:09 PM

Who to believe?  The rookie's first post or the Sr. member and the legendary member.
Clyze

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Invest in your future.

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:56:12 PM

I smell a DRK bagholder or some sort.

Invest in your future.
An0nj0k3

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:04:08 PM

http://www.thebagholder.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/kara%20sidebar%20new.jpg
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:17:00 PM

This was a good review of the problem - thanks for compiling this.  Looks like if the transaction size is too big it will fail to confirm regardless of the the fee included. Can we get a dev response?  Are you guys trying to identify this bug?  The doesn't seem like it should be a very difficult thing to fix, probably just a couple lines of code.
I posted that they shouldnt change fee settings and/or also shouldnt patch the client o allow such huge txs (txs are limited to 100KB normaly).
Nothing from our side to be done  as there is nothing to fix. If someone dosnt want to play according to the rules, they shouldnt wonder why things break. Thats the beauty of a decentralized system.
mullick says they don't patch anoncoind. Maybe they are doing some exotic combination of RPC commands (sendrawtransaction...)? I still think there's a way to create txs bigger than 100KB with an un-patched anoncoind, just not an easy way.
I will PM mullick now to ask what RPC commands are being performed.
Yes, with sendrawtransaction you obviously can create larger txs as you create the tx yourself.

Oh that is interesting. Is there another size limit, of what maximum tx-size is allowed get into the blockchain?

EDIT: Found it myself. https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master/src/main.h#L31  :-)

[...] but shouldn't the wallet be able to handle this by adding a larger mining fee so that the txn gets confirmed?
The default wallet dosnt create transaction bigger than 100KB, https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master/src/main.h#L33
Everything above is non-standard and not mined with default settings/codebase.

You seem to have solved it, now he knows what to do?

Still, perhaps the following might help?  Cryptsy, are you ever looking at the error reports of your (failed) RPC commands? If the error is "{"code":-4,"message":"Transaction too large"}", then I might once have encountered a not un-comparable problem, when I tried to send coins aggregated from thousands of p2pool mining micropayments. Have a look at my error description, and how (unelegantly) I solved it back then:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488167.msg5399167#msg5399167 "sendmany.sh"  -Sometimes analogous cases help to find your way out  Wink

Yes, reward me, please :-)
BTC 1JLKNFxKjkU3YsLs38y4e672iWiXBeFYP3
[ANC] ATAgJzuA7djZ8DijQPqtNieAughLPaFaa2
thx.

no sign of a signature
drakoin

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:46:55 PM

The whole past month has been so frustrating mining wise..... Is there no way to get rid of the hopping pools?Huh?
about the mining:

[...more graphics & explanations THERE]

[...more graphics & explanations THERE]

Thanks a lot for your good words.
It was many many hours of work - and then
it just feels good if it's really getting noticed.

Very interesting analysis above, by the way.
Smiley

Really cool stuff, drakoin.
Wink

Hehehe, ok more than a hint Tongue
Tongue

Shocked

Brilliant Analysis ,,,,
Drakoin,
Thanks for gathering facts to clarify the situation with facts !
Cheesy

Imminent hard fork will address the mining difficulty problems discussed above
https://pay.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/2ix6ny/a_hard_fork_is_imminent_pay_attention_to_forum/
Grin

SUPERCOOL. I feel useful :-) You make me happy.

Send me
BTC 1NceECxBgg5E7si8gJwinuBcBhpZTn5889 or
[ANC] Aa96FUJyZXXZN2AhPtGbbAUsM7Nsxd1xhU
If this analysis helps you to make money (or avoid to loose money) - or if you simply enjoyed this, then send me some coins please. Thanks.

Wow, thanks. Some anonymous enjoyer-of-my-arts has sent me some ANC.
Thanks, THAT is highly motivating.  I wish you a brilliant start into your week!

(old coins collector station)

no sign of a signature
coinfactsindie

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:55:35 PM

You obviously know very little about Anoncoin then.  As the plan from the very start was to implement Zerocoin.  It has just taken a while for the development of Zerocoin to mature to this stage.

That's not true.

Tell me what is not clear to you.

Who to believe?  The rookie's first post or the Sr. member and the legendary member.

You are a moron and a shill, go back to fiat if you want experts.

I don't buy garbage coins. I have never owned darkcoin. I bought anc as a sound coin and keep it for that reason. I have been trading since long before altcoins and I recognize major market manipulation when it is blatant. A huge entity has accumulated a vast amount of anc and is toying with the market. Obviously they are going to push the price up since by now they probably have 30% of anc or more and they have resources to push it high or they would have bailed by now.

Still, zerocoin is a scam. Anyone who has lived a bit and knows a little math can see that it is not designed for anonymity. My comment to those people who spot the scam is that anc has considerable value pre zerocoin and will have considerable value post zerocoin. It is cheap right now for buyers, if not for miners. The whole altcoin market is on the verge of a dizzying upswing. The scammers who are manipulating the price and who may or may not be affiliated with the zerocoin stuff are very market savvy and know this. The morons on this thread are mostly empty heads either pushing for or against anc and know very little of anything.
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:06:31 PM

That's not true.

Tell me what is not clear to you.

You are a moron and a shill, go back to fiat if you want experts.

I don't buy garbage coins. I have never owned darkcoin. I bought anc as a sound coin and keep it for that reason. I have been trading since long before altcoins and I recognize major market manipulation when it is blatant. A huge entity has accumulated a vast amount of anc and is toying with the market. Obviously they are going to push the price up since by now they probably have 30% of anc or more and they have resources to push it high or they would have bailed by now.

Still, zerocoin is a scam. Anyone who has lived a bit and knows a little math can see that it is not designed for anonymity. My comment to those people who spot the scam is that anc has considerable value pre zerocoin and will have considerable value post zerocoin. It is cheap right now for buyers, if not for miners. The whole altcoin market is on the verge of a dizzying upswing. The scammers who are manipulating the price and who may or may not be affiliated with the zerocoin stuff are very market savvy and know this. The morons on this thread are mostly empty heads either pushing for or against anc and know very little of anything.

Is elaborate difficult to understand? Either put some substance in your claims or STFU.

Is it you luigi/no_ice_please/pablo/rsa_ufo_attack?
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

That's not true.

I'd now like to also add that you don't know much about maths either.  I've studied maths as an undergraduate although not this field and you'd have to be a number theory expert to find flaws in Anoncoins Zerocoin.  So it's not just a matter of knowing a 'little' maths.  You also don't understand markets either.  The fact Zerocoin is to be released on the testnet this Wednesday is causing the upswing.  And you can expect continued upswings after it's released to the testnet if all goes well.

This is obviously the same paid troll from a few weeks ago or another similar attempt sent from the same backer.  As I said back then it's probably best not to feed the troll and give them the attention they crave.  So this will probably be the last time I quote them.

tljenson

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:18:55 PM

I've been hearing comments on here about mining problems. I am thinking of moving my Anon Coins from Cryptsy to Bittrex, am I risking not having my coins transfer properly? Thanks in advance.
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:04:45 PM

I've been hearing comments on here about mining problems. I am thinking of moving my Anon Coins from Cryptsy to Bittrex, am I risking not having my coins transfer properly? Thanks in advance.

I have moved from and to cryptsy many times over the past few weeks and have had zero problems. The mining issue is just that we get stuck at high difficulty sometimes for a few hours because our diff. algo needs to be updated, the coins will arrive at their destination regardless.
tljenson

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:08:01 PM

I have moved from and to cryptsy many times over the past few weeks and have had zero problems. The mining issue is just that we get stuck at high difficulty sometimes for a few hours because our diff. algo needs to be updated, the coins will arrive at their destination regardless.

Thanks, by the way this coin looks awesome, I've always been tempted ever since I heard you where implementing Zero coin, but have been skeptical. If you guys pull this off, this will be the anon coin to end all anon coins. If anybody deserves it, it's this coin. I believe you where the first Anon coin, before DarkCoin? I'm late to the party, but better late than sorry.
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:42:45 AM

Thanks, by the way this coin looks awesome, I've always been tempted ever since I heard you where implementing Zero coin, but have been skeptical. If you guys pull this off, this will be the anon coin to end all anon coins. If anybody deserves it, it's this coin. I believe you where the first Anon coin, before DarkCoin? I'm late to the party, but better late than sorry.

This was the first anon focused coin on bitcointalk. Technically Bytecoin may have been first, but it was not advertised here at the time and hardly anyone knew about it.

I agree that if zerocoin works as we hope this could quickly become the #1 anonymity focused coin.
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:01:30 AM

This was the first anon focused coin on bitcointalk. Technically Bytecoin may have been first, but it was not advertised here at the time and hardly anyone knew about it.

I agree that if zerocoin works as we hope this could quickly become the #1 anonymity focused coin.

Bytecoin (cryptonote) was more heavily premined than almost any PoW coin. That is why Monero has passed it in market cap despite launching much later using the same codebase.

CarlosFromAcuapulco

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:29:13 AM

If you guys, read my last posts and try to understand my allegations, you will see that I'm not here to troll but to help Anoncoin for the long run. I don't care about PumpnDump.
The greatest paradox is that you all want an anonymous currency because you don't trust the current banking system but at the same time you give your complete trust in Gnosis.

The RSA-UFO is a nonsense and I will explain you why in two different kind of views.
1) In simple words, the RSA problem is the possibility of reversing the encryption function. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_problem
To make things more difficult, Gnosis removed the small factors with the RSA-UFO project to increase the probability to have two large prime numbers but all is based on probabilities and actual computational capabilities. It will be just a question of time to someone break these 13 RSA UFOs and generate infinite ANC. Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO
I know Gnosis alleged that he will generate long RSA-UFOs to avoid this problem but the computational capabilities evolve very fast and we can't create a strong system based on probabilities and assumptions.

2) Ok, now I consider that you trust the RSA encryption and you believe it would take decades to break. But what if Gnosis genereate these 13 RSA-UFOs by himself to know the two prime factors P and Q?
There is no way to setup the accumulators without trusting someone (in our case Gnosis). Gnosis can tell us he will use the trustless RSA-UFO system to generate the 13 RSA-UFOs but we can't be sure that he will really use it. If he generate them by himself, he will be able to create infinite ANC from nothing. I don't think it's necessary to explain the consequences of such an event.

Even if you trust in the good faith of Gnosis, there is an high risk to let an inexperienced person do this work. If there is any mistake or if he don't destroy correctly and physically all datas about this generation, someone could use it against ANC in the future and totally discredit or destroy ANC.

In conclusion, the implementation of zerocoin is doomed to failure because of the problems I described.
For a strong future, ANC have much more to improve than implement Zerocoin like I said in my last post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg8903880#msg8903880

Now, if the only things sheep care is the PumpnDump to make dollars, then good luck and be fast because when people will realize, the dump will be hard.

EDIT: @ WDL: Yes I'm concerned to the ANC project because I hold still a big quantity of ANC.
EDIT2: If you don't trust me, ask Meeh. I know he agreed with these facts about RSA and Gnosis. Meeh is certainly able to create his own white paper and add a real anonymous value to ANC.

Has a developer already answered this? I searched on the forum but did not find any response from them.
Furthermore, after reading all this forum, I have some basics questions:
- Why Gnosis want to remain anonymous? As I understood, he could create ANCs from nothing without no one knowing. People here don't care about this flaw?
- Why someone is mining all the ANC supply since weeks exploiting KGW bug and devs don't care? Why devs don't care that anoncoin became 100% centralized to a unknown solo miner?
niteglider

Activity: 126

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:04:11 AM

Has a developer already answered this? I searched on the forum but did not find any response from them.
- Why Gnosis want to remain anonymous? As I understood, he could create ANCs from nothing without no one knowing. People here don't care about this flaw?
- Why someone is mining all the ANC supply since weeks exploiting KGW bug and devs don't care? Why devs don't care that anoncoin became 100% centralized to a unknown solo miner?

What, you're back again?  lolz

Anyone who has actually read the thread already has read the answers to your tired-ass-failed diversions.

Yes, you should have bailed on whatever coin you are holding long ago, and jumped into ANC. 

It's still not too late.

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:20:28 AM

New accounts made to spread FUD and act superior? At least use your real anonymous Bitcointalk.org ID so we can see the other coins you really represent, or nobody will take you seriously. If Anoncoin is successful, and they very well might be, I suspect your coin(s) will be going down no matter how hard people troll. With the promise of perfect anonymity, releasing right around the time FINCEN is talking about more regulation, you have to be really nuts not to have at least a little ANC.

"What, you're back again?  lolz

Anyone who has actually read the thread already has read the answers to your tired-ass-failed diversions.

Yes, you should have bailed on whatever coin you are holding long ago, and jumped into ANC. 

It's still not too late."

Exactly, it is still not too late.

An0nj0k3

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:24:44 AM

If you guys, read my last posts and try to understand my allegations, you will see that I'm not here to troll but to help Anoncoin for the long run. I don't care about PumpnDump.
The greatest paradox is that you all want an anonymous currency because you don't trust the current banking system but at the same time you give your complete trust in Gnosis.

The RSA-UFO is a nonsense and I will explain you why in two different kind of views.
1) In simple words, the RSA problem is the possibility of reversing the encryption function. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_problem
To make things more difficult, Gnosis removed the small factors with the RSA-UFO project to increase the probability to have two large prime numbers but all is based on probabilities and actual computational capabilities. It will be just a question of time to someone break these 13 RSA UFOs and generate infinite ANC. Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO
I know Gnosis alleged that he will generate long RSA-UFOs to avoid this problem but the computational capabilities evolve very fast and we can't create a strong system based on probabilities and assumptions.

2) Ok, now I consider that you trust the RSA encryption and you believe it would take decades to break. But what if Gnosis genereate these 13 RSA-UFOs by himself to know the two prime factors P and Q?
There is no way to setup the accumulators without trusting someone (in our case Gnosis). Gnosis can tell us he will use the trustless RSA-UFO system to generate the 13 RSA-UFOs but we can't be sure that he will really use it. If he generate them by himself, he will be able to create infinite ANC from nothing. I don't think it's necessary to explain the consequences of such an event.

Even if you trust in the good faith of Gnosis, there is an high risk to let an inexperienced person do this work. If there is any mistake or if he don't destroy correctly and physically all datas about this generation, someone could use it against ANC in the future and totally discredit or destroy ANC.

In conclusion, the implementation of zerocoin is doomed to failure because of the problems I described.
For a strong future, ANC have much more to improve than implement Zerocoin like I said in my last post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg8903880#msg8903880

Now, if the only things sheep care is the PumpnDump to make dollars, then good luck and be fast because when people will realize, the dump will be hard.

EDIT: @ WDL: Yes I'm concerned to the ANC project because I hold still a big quantity of ANC.
EDIT2: If you don't trust me, ask Meeh. I know he agreed with these facts about RSA and Gnosis. Meeh is certainly able to create his own white paper and add a real anonymous value to ANC.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_en3tE7aKwk8/S7TucNUNoZI/AAAAAAAABvQ/uGCva0euqBY/s1600/funny+elvis+the+king.jpg
illodin

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:39:49 AM

I'd like to correct a couple of misunderstandings regarding Darkcoin in your otherwise outstanding PR material.

First, you say that DarkSend is a mixing service. It's not a service, it's a decentralized offchain mixing implementation.

Secondly, you say that with blockchain analysis software, it is easy to deanonymize transactions that have been mixed using these services (which include DarkSend). But because DarkSend mixing is done offchain, it actually cannot be deanonymized by analyzing the blockchain. Whereas with enough computing power (quantum computers, or unexpected advances in math), onchain anonymized blockchains (zerocoin, cryptonote, zerocash) can be deanonymized. In that sense DarkSend is future proof.
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: