Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:50:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530485 times)
BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:15:50 PM

Be careful of the heartbleed Bug!!!Very dangerous!!!!!

Only potentially dangerous to wallets if you run the wallet with JSON-RPC (not enabled by default), with rpcssl (not enabled by default), and remote computers allowed to connect (no remote allowed by default) to be able to leak any memory from the wallet.
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:53:26 AM

What is the active repo+branch to be using for ANC?

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
alincoln

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:11:06 PM

I would like to support this coin by matching any donations from the community up to $5,000 if they are able to fully implement and launch a working version of the Zerocoin protocol before June 1st.

This is a reward to the developers, and an incentive for them to keep working on the coin.

Why is my offer being ignored? Is it too low to ANC devs or PR even care replying to?

I am not trolling. If you don't reply within 24 hours I will withdraw the offer.
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:28:26 PM

I would like to support this coin by matching any donations from the community up to $5,000 if they are able to fully implement and launch a working version of the Zerocoin protocol before June 1st.

This is a reward to the developers, and an incentive for them to keep working on the coin.

Why is my offer being ignored? Is it too low to ANC devs or PR even care replying to?

I am not trolling. If you don't reply within 24 hours I will withdraw the offer.
I would be willing to contribute ANC to such a fund (but not USD, my resources are limited). I too was awaiting a response from the developers indicating that they were interested. Perhaps they are too busy with coding, which would be great Smiley

Regardless, I am finding it very disturbing that JackOfAll is still listed as the PR guy, especially since he doesn't even respond to his emails... Do the devs realize this? They are losing out on harnessing all the community interest in this coin.
alincoln

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:38:00 PM

I would be willing to contribute ANC to such a fund (but not USD, my resources are limited). I too was awaiting a response from the developers indicating that they were interested. Perhaps they are too busy with coding, which would be great Smiley

Regardless, I am finding it very disturbing that JackOfAll is still listed as the PR guy, especially since he doesn't even respond to his emails... Do the devs realize this? They are losing out on harnessing all the community interest in this coin.

Just to clarify, I did a fiat offer for practical purposes, as I'd really convert and donate ANC or BTC.

ANC might well succeed in the end but it needs a complete overhaul. The PR is terrible and they don't seem to care.
gostrol

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:14:57 PM

Alincoln, this is a very generous offer. Smiley It will be much needed for PR stuff as like you said ANC need a complete overhaul in this respect. It is really sad such a good coin lose value vs darkcoin for instance for a lack of propaganda IMHO. The superior technology (ZC and full I2P integrated wallet) will win at the end I think but we just need to make people recognize the truely innovative coin!

What is needed is a professional propaganda team like Vertcoin. Your contributions to this noble cause will be I am sure very respected. Smiley Please just give more time before withdrawing your offer, Meeh and Gnosis are coding and do not take time checking this thread I think. Meeh's is not very good at PR, it is known since a long time. Probably to ask Brotoxer about what can be done to have a working PR team and how it can be set up efficiently would be the good way to act? Before giving donations some people shall be found and hired I think, and some plan for bounties sketched. If VTC team could do it with so much efficacy it is possible we achieve this to eventually IMHO. We are grateful to have two excellents devs already, now it cannot be so much harder to find a good PR man, can it? Wink

Please do not take the lack of answer as an insult, all the ANC community is very thankful for your offer.  Cheesy

Just to clarify, I did a fiat offer for practical purposes, as I'd really convert and donate ANC or BTC.

ANC might well succeed in the end but it needs a complete overhaul. The PR is terrible and they don't seem to care.
alincoln

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:26:26 PM

Alincoln, this is a very generous offer. Smiley It will be much needed for PR stuff as like you said ANC need a complete overhaul in this respect. It is really sad such a good coin lose value vs darkcoin for instance for a lack of propaganda IMHO. The superior technology (ZC and full I2P integrated wallet) will win at the end I think but we just need to make people recognize the truely innovative coin!

What is needed is a professional propaganda team like Vertcoin. Your contributions to this noble cause will be I am sure very respected. Smiley Please just give more time before withdrawing your offer, Meeh and Gnosis are coding and do not take time checking this thread I think. Meeh's is not very good at PR, it is known since a long time. Probably to ask Brotoxer about what can be done to have a working PR team and how it can be set up efficiently would be the good way to act? Before giving donations some people shall be found and hired I think, and some plan for bounties sketched. If VTC team could do it with so much efficacy it is possible we achieve this to eventually IMHO. We are grateful to have two excellents devs already, now it cannot be so much harder to find a good PR man, can it? Wink

Please do not take the lack of answer as an insult, all the ANC community is very thankful for your offer.  Cheesy

I recognize it's a superior solution and more technologically challenging, hence the offer.

However the offer has been around for almost a week without a single comment. I can understand the devs not coming here too often, but the PR guys? If they don't check this forum every day then what are they doing?
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:44:21 PM

I recognize it's a superior solution and more technologically challenging, hence the offer.

However the offer has been around for almost a week without a single comment. I can understand the devs not coming here too often, but the PR guys? If they don't check this forum every day then what are they doing?

First of in response to Lunokhod2. JackOfAll will be removed entirely as nothing is being responded to. However there are currently no one to take his place so this will be listed as an open position for anyone interested. We could of course use some good PR, but the dev team is focused on the coins technology even though the value clearly suffers. If the community want this coin to become a major success, the community will have to make that happen. If just 1% of them did as much as you, we wouldn't have this problem. Thanks!

and in response to alincoln. While a money offer is great, it would be even better if you started spending some of it where _you_ believe it would matter the most. Lunkohod2 came up with a decent list with ideas on where to spend donations/resources. The devs are certainly not needed to hold bounties, competitions, or spend their time trying to get articles spread around. If you really want to help, perhaps you could start a bounty for the creation of a promotional video, article, creation of a new logo, "anc accepted here" graphics, or perhaps create a new faucet and fill in some coin, etc. That would most likely motivate the dev team a lot more as well compared to offering a stack of bills.
alincoln

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:19:59 AM

First of in response to Lunokhod2. JackOfAll will be removed entirely as nothing is being responded to. However there are currently no one to take his place so this will be listed as an open position for anyone interested. We could of course use some good PR, but the dev team is focused on the coins technology even though the value clearly suffers. If the community want this coin to become a major success, the community will have to make that happen. If just 1% of them did as much as you, we wouldn't have this problem. Thanks!

and in response to alincoln. While a money offer is great, it would be even better if you started spending some of it where _you_ believe it would matter the most. Lunkohod2 came up with a decent list with ideas on where to spend donations/resources. The devs are certainly not needed to hold bounties, competitions, or spend their time trying to get articles spread around. If you really want to help, perhaps you could start a bounty for the creation of a promotional video, article, creation of a new logo, "anc accepted here" graphics, or perhaps create a new faucet and fill in some coin, etc. That would most likely motivate the dev team a lot more as well compared to offering a stack of bills.

Hi, I am sorry but I cannot do what you ask as I do not have any spare time to dedicate to ANC myself. I am willing to contribute offering a non trivial reward for achieving an important milestone, and this is more than most people are willing to do. If what I am offering is relevant, it's just a matter of a trusted community member with some spare time raising their hand and organizing the fund. The way you phrased your response looks like I am not "really" wanting to help because I am offering just a "stack of bills".

Well, it took me time and effort to earn that stack of bills, and most people would feel very motivated by that offer.

Sorry, but this response coming from someone from the ANC team is just plain weird. Nevermind, I guess I'll just buy some DarkCoin instead.

Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:46:36 AM

Hi, I am sorry but I cannot do what you ask as I do not have any spare time to dedicate to ANC myself. I am willing to contribute offering a non trivial reward for achieving an important milestone, and this is more than most people are willing to do. If what I am offering is relevant, it's just a matter of a trusted community member with some spare time raising their hand and organizing the fund. The way you phrased your response looks like I am not "really" wanting to help because I am offering just a "stack of bills".

Well, it took me time and effort to earn that stack of bills, and most people would feel very motivated by that offer.

Sorry, but this response coming from someone from the ANC team is just plain weird. Nevermind, I guess I'll just buy some DarkCoin instead.

To explain BroTroxer's response, it's not that it's "just a stack of bills" to us, it's that money cannot readily buy large chunks of time from people with full-time jobs and other responsibilities (unless it's a large enough amount to justify quitting). We would probably need to find new people to help out, and this itself takes time because we have to verify their trustworthiness as well as their competence in their area.

Is this offer still on the table?

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:38:15 AM

To explain BroTroxer's response, it's not that it's "just a stack of bills" to us, it's that money cannot readily buy large chunks of time from people with full-time jobs and other responsibilities (unless it's a large enough amount to justify quitting). We would probably need to find new people to help out, and this itself takes time because we have to verify their trustworthiness as well as their competence in their area.

Gnosis laid it out it in a much better way than I did. I am not trying to shit all over the cash offer, or insult you. As you pointed out it would take a trusted community member to organize this, and organizing takes time. Unless a new trusted community member appears it will be up to one of the devs to organize this, such as Gnosis. Even though it is a reward, it is likely to end up having a reverse effect eating into large chunks of time, rather than speeding up the progress.
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:49:36 AM

It is nice to see gnosis here, I hope to see more posts of you.

BroTroxer, you give good answer, but people are impatient.
And want to help. And the most of them here wants to help with donations.

So talk to the team, contact members on this forum, and make some plan for donations and way to invest them.

alincoln

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

Gnosis, my offer was:

Yes it's still on the table.
Ch3rub

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:54:55 PM

1st time for me to actually post here, but reading the thread it looks like community should really organize around AnonCoin.
For me it looks like some form of committee to decide a way forward could be an idea - a single person should never be a single point of contact.

AnonCoin for me is absolutely unique which is it's strongest point.
The fact devs are committed to doing it's thing is also it's strength as this is how it should be.

Some PR would definitely be a good, I'm not saying go ballistic Doge style but rather focus on coins strengths and let people know about it.

Looking at some other coins and watching how they deal with it could bring some ideas.
I'm watching WorldCoin closely and the way WDC Alliance has been formed and is pushing forward is quite remarkable.
gostrol

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:38:15 PM

Hi,

Before doing things like described there
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg6112769#msg6112769 (promotional video etc,..) I have other suggestions to do in a preliminary approach of PR.

We could make a few improvement to ANC branding:

Here are a few ideas:

• at first I think we shall find a new logo.

I have some idea for the logo but the best way IMHO is to do a contest like darkcoin did on designcrowd.com : you can check in those few links...
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5825307#msg5825307
    http://logo.designcrowd.com/contest.aspx?id=469921
    http://imgur.com/a/3LCoa
    http://imgur.com/a/7sy98

In this way the people will vote for the new logo which will sort things out quickly... funds shall be allocated for this first because without a logo there is no brand identity.
  • Second, I think the text on the website (about darknet and so on) is not appropriate for broad adoption. I like the way lunokhod2 presented the advantage of ANC in his wiki : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Lunokhod/sandbox , particularly Implementation of Zerocoin part. It shall be more vulgarised I think and understandable for many people (even on this forum darkcoin people dont understand their coin is flawed vs ANC).
  • Third, when the logo has been selected, the website's look should be changed in accordance. (Actually I really dislike the header and slider of the current site).

Meanwhile, I am willing to be a part of the PR team I can do some web design, logo and text.

lunokhod2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:29:24 PM

Hi,

Before doing things like described there
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg6112769#msg6112769 (promotional video etc,..) I have other suggestions to do in a preliminary approach of PR.

We could make a few improvement to ANC branding:

Here are a few ideas:

• at first I think we shall find a new logo.

I have some idea for the logo but the best way IMHO is to do a contest like darkcoin did on designcrowd.com : you can check in those few links...
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5825307#msg5825307
    http://logo.designcrowd.com/contest.aspx?id=469921
    http://imgur.com/a/3LCoa
    http://imgur.com/a/7sy98

In this way the people will vote for the new logo which will sort things out quickly... funds shall be allocated for this first because without a logo there is no brand identity.
  • Second, I think the text on the website (about darknet and so on) is not appropriate for broad adoption. I like the way lunokhod2 presented the advantage of ANC in his wiki : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Lunokhod/sandbox , particularly Implementation of Zerocoin part. It shall be more vulgarised I think and understandable for many people (even on this forum darkcoin people dont understand their coin is flawed vs ANC).
  • Third, when the logo has been selected, the website's look should be changed in accordance. (Actually I really dislike the header and slider of the current site).

Meanwhile, I am willing to be a part of the PR team I can do some web design, logo and text.

I agree exactly with this approach. In fact, I was just going to suggest that a logo would be the easiest first step Smiley

Before starting this though, I think that is important that the developers agree to this, as it will ultimately be up to them to change the web site (I presume the devs own anoncoin.net...). Are the devs onboard?

It would be nice if we could pay the designer in ANC (or at least BTC), but I suspect designcrowd won't do this. This raises the question of how to pay.... Any ideas? (I was thinking ~500-1000 ANC would be about right).

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, I think that it is important that the logo represent: Anonymity, security, and freedom (from international central banking). As this coin's survival depends on zerocoin, it might not be a stupid idea to consider including portions of their logo into this one.

Finally, you can check out my Zerocoin and Anoncoin wiki entries here (any comments are welcome, the ANC one is not really done).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zerocoin
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Zerocoin
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Anoncoin
lunokhod2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:48:27 PM

Gnosis, my offer was:

Yes it's still on the table.
Alincoln, How do you want to go about getting matching donations from the community? personal message? Or does an ANC escrow service exist? Perhaps just a shared doc somewhere?
alincoln

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:02:58 PM

Alincoln, How do you want to go about getting matching donations from the community? personal message? Or does an ANC escrow service exist? Perhaps just a shared doc somewhere?

IMO a shared sheet managed by someone appointed by the community is enough.

I'll match all ANC donations up to $5,000 if the dev team is able to successfully deliver a new version of the ANC wallet with the Zerocoin protocol fully implemented before June 1st.

The implementation must achieve minimally the following: 1) full anonymization of all transactions; 2) be 100% trustless

The feat should be well documented and independently reviewed by a reputable third party. The third party could be any of the major Bitcoin publications, or someone with expertise in cryptography. If you have a better idea I'm accepting suggestions.

After it's independently reviewed and accepted by the community, I'll use Cryptsy's 7 day average rate to convert and match all donations up to $5,000.

This should be seen as a motivation factor and a reward for the developers. If they want to spend the money with girls or traveling instead of reinvesting in ANC itself, it's really up to them.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:34:10 AM

Very interested in libero implementations

Will anc be the first to add it
Trying to figure out if I should invest

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Gnosis-

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:02:21 AM

IMO a shared sheet managed by someone appointed by the community is enough.

I'll match all ANC donations up to $5,000 if the dev team is able to successfully deliver a new version of the ANC wallet with the Zerocoin protocol fully implemented before June 1st.

The implementation must achieve minimally the following: 1) full anonymization of all transactions; 2) be 100% trustless

The feat should be well documented and independently reviewed by a reputable third party. The third party could be any of the major Bitcoin publications, or someone with expertise in cryptography. If you have a better idea I'm accepting suggestions.

After it's independently reviewed and accepted by the community, I'll use Cryptsy's 7 day average rate to convert and match all donations up to $5,000.

This should be seen as a motivation factor and a reward for the developers. If they want to spend the money with girls or traveling instead of reinvesting in ANC itself, it's really up to them.

When you say "1) full anonymization of all transactions;" I think we should be more precise about what it means. When Zerocoin is fully and securely implemented in Anoncoin, you can spend a zerocoin you minted previously, and nobody without access to your computer would be able to connect the minting with the spending. The users still have to watch out for side-channel attacks, such as malware on their computer (even in a VM!), or somebody looking over their shoulder. Also, if their minting and spending have certain patterns (made at the same day of week and time of day, or a very unique combination of denominations), then this can make it possible to link mints and spends. A careless user may also link the same Anoncoin address to both the minting and the spending transactions.

Also, though I2P is very likely to be secure (and more likely to be secure than Tor, in my opinion, because it is harder to do traffic analysis on a packet-switched mixnet), if somebody could ever de-anonymize I2P users, then they could de-anonymize Anoncoin users (even if they use Zerocoin).

If the above caveats are acceptable to you, then I accept your offer.

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: