Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530472 times)
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:46:12 PM

I have some ideas about how to integrate (parts of) the Zerocash system http://zerocash-project.org/paper into Anoncoin. If the ANC devs are interested in experimenting with a few things on testnet please let me know.

Unfortunately for ANC if substantial progress is not made soon I am afraid DRK (or potentially a few others) will win the battle for anonymous coin supremacy (by winning the adoption race) even if its technology is not necessarily the best.

BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:54:03 PM

I just installed the wallet and its all synced up and I sent a few coins there and its been a few hours....

http://ancblockchain.com/search?q=AJQKP7ymyFbHLkBeRfM9hXMkivKmX1U3xs

as I click on the link for my wallet it says its not seen on the network but on my computer it shows its up and running and synced? how do I retrieve these coins?

I really don't know what im doing wrong?

help please?

Try to restart the wallet. Even if it seems to be running fine that is not always the case.

restarted and synced again and its still not showing up

11:14:43

validateaddress AJQKP7ymyFbHLkBeRfM9hXMkivKmX1U3xs

11:14:43

{
"isvalid" : true,
"address" : "AJQKP7ymyFbHLkBeRfM9hXMkivKmX1U3xs",
"ismine" : true,
"isscript" : false,
"pubkey" : "03f0e21cc884b9c8adcc868051cc6f7c70e94e245409af5de3e517f14fc1e203d0",
"iscompressed" : true,
"account" : ""
}

The address shows as valid in my wallet too. I sent 0.01 as a test. Seems to be working fine..

send me your address and I will return it..... im mining on poolerinos pool and the last transaction "the one I showed cant seem to be found or something? I cant seem to figure it out

any ideas on what I should do?
I already send the pools admin a few emails but no replies now for a few hours...

1757 2014-06-02 18:30:02 Debit_MP Confirmed  AJQKP7ym...KmX1U3xs 5e1a0e07...57aacf34 n/a 2.55943081
I have not received this in my wallet? and trying to find it on the block chain explorer is not able to find this transaction?
please help

You will have to wait for a response from the pool admin. The issue is most likely that their system did not send the transaction for some reason.
zccopwrx

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:34:12 PM

Hi everyone

Just wanted to post an update regarding http://anc.hashfaster.com

We've upgraded everything, new theme, new stratum, etc.  I am not sure where everyone is mining ANC now-a-days but I figured I'd bump in to let everyone know HashFaster is still proud to operate an ANC pool.

ZC
geekz

Activity: 189

जगत् िमत

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:08:38 PM

send me your address and I will return it..... im mining on poolerinos pool and the last transaction "the one I showed cant seem to be found or something? I cant seem to figure it out

any ideas on what I should do?
I already send the pools admin a few emails but no replies now for a few hours...

1757 2014-06-02 18:30:02 Debit_MP Confirmed  AJQKP7ym...KmX1U3xs 5e1a0e07...57aacf34 n/a 2.55943081
I have not received this in my wallet? and trying to find it on the block chain explorer is not able to find this transaction?
please help

Your address looks available here : http://ancblockchain.com/address/AJQKP7ymyFbHLkBeRfM9hXMkivKmX1U3xs
ninja registrator

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:32:01 PM

Hi everyone

We've upgraded everything, new theme, new stratum, etc.  I am not sure where everyone is mining ANC now-a-days but I figured I'd bump in to let everyone know HashFaster is still proud to operate an ANC pool.

ZC

I cant register at all?
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:49:54 PM

I have some ideas about how to integrate (parts of) the Zerocash system http://zerocash-project.org/paper into Anoncoin. If the ANC devs are interested in experimenting with a few things on testnet please let me know.

Unfortunately for ANC if substantial progress is not made soon I am afraid DRK (or potentially a few others) will win the battle for anonymous coin supremacy (by winning the adoption race) even if its technology is not necessarily the best.

I don't think that the competition is Dark Coin: they will slowly go away as better solutions are offered. Nevertheless, if Matthew Green and his team releases Zerocash before Anoncoin releases their version of Zerocoin, Anoncoin will be dead with no hope of resurrection, EVER. Matthew Green brings "respectability" to the table (at least to some, I could care less) as an academic crytptographer, and they are certain to find a setup of their initial parameters that will likely be "acceptable", even if it is not trustless. It is true that you can not monitor the total money supply of Zerocash, and that trust is an important issue, but if people trust Darkcoin and CryptoNote, they will certainly trust Zerocash. Furthermore, as a coin coming from academia, I am certain that Zerocash will be introduced in a fair manner (unlike DRK), and will come with ample documentation.

According to Ian Meirs's twitter feed, they are planning a Zerocash release in 3-6 months time (https://twitter.com/secparam/status/468784402558771200). The Anoncoin devs are way behind schedule, have not set up the testnet,  and are not responding at all to help that is being offered from the community. I have tried to contact them via this forum, reddit, and the irc channel, offering 20 cores for the entire month of June for their brute force attacks on RSA UFOs, and have received no response. A previous poster offered 5000 USD in matching funds for Gnosis if he finished Zerocoin by June 1, and he wasn't even interested (10k in ANC would certainly become 1 million a month later, if successful....). Though Meeh stated in March that Gnosis received financial backing to implement Zerocoin, Meeh's last post states that Gnosis is busy with his other full time job and can not commit ample time to Zerocoin. Meeh's idea of "I'll get back with more Anoncoin updates soon!" is 3 months time. In three more months, zerocash could already be here.

So, my prognosis is the following: If the developers have nothing to show us by July 1, this coin will die.
niteglider

Activity: 126

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:56:47 PM

Hi everyone

ZC

I can't seem to login now.  And the auto-payment function is not working for me.  Ticket sent May 19th(!!!), and still not resolved & no contact for over a week.

meanwhile, anon.cryptocoins.net is giving me no problems at all.

newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:40:31 AM

I don't think that the competition is Dark Coin: they will slowly go away as better solutions are offered. Nevertheless, if Matthew Green and his team releases Zerocash before Anoncoin releases their version of Zerocoin, Anoncoin will be dead with no hope of resurrection, EVER. Matthew Green brings "respectability" to the table (at least to some, I could care less) as an academic crytptographer, and they are certain to find a setup of their initial parameters that will likely be "acceptable", even if it is not trustless. It is true that you can not monitor the total money supply of Zerocash, and that trust is an important issue, but if people trust Darkcoin and CryptoNote, they will certainly trust Zerocash. Furthermore, as a coin coming from academia, I am certain that Zerocash will be introduced in a fair manner (unlike DRK), and will come with ample documentation.

According to Ian Meirs's twitter feed, they are planning a Zerocash release in 3-6 months time (https://twitter.com/secparam/status/468784402558771200). The Anoncoin devs are way behind schedule, have not set up the testnet,  and are not responding at all to help that is being offered from the community. I have tried to contact them via this forum, reddit, and the irc channel, offering 20 cores for the entire month of June for their brute force attacks on RSA UFOs, and have received no response. A previous poster offered 5000 USD in matching funds for Gnosis if he finished Zerocoin by June 1, and he wasn't even interested (10k in ANC would certainly become 1 million a month later, if successful....). Though Meeh stated in March that Gnosis received financial backing to implement Zerocoin, Meeh's last post states that Gnosis is busy with his other full time job and can not commit ample time to Zerocoin. Meeh's idea of "I'll get back with more Anoncoin updates soon!" is 3 months time. In three more months, zerocash could already be here.

So, my prognosis is the following: If the developers have nothing to show us by July 1, this coin will die.

I assumed a testnet was already set up....

I dont want to blame the developers (it appears their time may be limited because of other obligations) but they should accept offers to help when available.

Lets set up a bounty pool with rewards for hitting certain benchmarks. I am sure many ANC holders would be happy to contribute.  Why not hire outside coders if the current devs are too busy and/or cannot give us frequent updates?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:16:53 AM

Previous estimations have proven to be completely off so I'm not feeling too confident in the new "in 1.5 months" estimation.

If we read the blog it says testnet should be out by the end of April or early May. Not sure who is behind their twitter account but in March it was stated: "we expect to start testing it on testnet later this week Smiley". That twitter entry is from 31st of March, so what happened? Gnosis didn't just draw his own day job out of a hat, it's been there all along so surely any estimation would be made with that taken into account.

If we look at the github commits there is an awful lot of small fixes, space indents and typo fixes. Not much actual code for zerocoin. Is he holding it back to avoid competition or is there really almost no progress being made?

If zerocoin was implemented today anoncoin would increase a lot in value, no doubt. If Gnosis is realistically able to finish this in 1.5 months with his current day job what does it take for him to quit today and work 100% on zerocoin and how soon will it finish? If he would give some info on his needs perhaps the community would donate to make this happen. I certainly would. I hold 5-digit amount of anoncoins and realize they are either going to be worthless or turn into a little fortune depending on this implementation and when it is released. I'd be willing to put up a bounty to make this happen. But right now there is no indication of anything going on and why the estimation turned out to be an epic failure.

Why did the testnet planned for release first month of April suddenly become 2-4 months delayed? How could the estimation be off by 2-4 months? Any comment on that?

LifeisGreat88088

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:36:00 AM

Previous estimations have proven to be completely off so I'm not feeling too confident in the new "in 1.5 months" estimation.

If we read the blog it says testnet should be out by the end of April or early May. Not sure who is behind their twitter account but in March it was stated: "we expect to start testing it on testnet later this week Smiley". That twitter entry is from 31st of March, so what happened? Gnosis didn't just draw his own day job out of a hat, it's been there all along so surely any estimation would be made with that taken into account.

If we look at the github commits there is an awful lot of small fixes, space indents and typo fixes. Not much actual code for zerocoin. Is he holding it back to avoid competition or is there really almost no progress being made?

If zerocoin was implemented today anoncoin would increase a lot in value, no doubt. If Gnosis is realistically able to finish this in 1.5 months with his current day job what does it take for him to quit today and work 100% on zerocoin and how soon will it finish? If he would give some info on his needs perhaps the community would donate to make this happen. I certainly would. I hold 5-digit amount of anoncoins and realize they are either going to be worthless or turn into a little fortune depending on this implementation and when it is released. I'd be willing to put up a bounty to make this happen. But right now there is no indication of anything going on and why the estimation turned out to be an epic failure.

Why did the testnet planned for release first month of April suddenly become 2-4 months delayed? How could the estimation be off by 2-4 months? Any comment on that?

Yes . We need one schedule here.

stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:25:44 AM

According to Ian Meirs's twitter feed, they are planning a Zerocash release in 3-6 months time (https://twitter.com/secparam/status/468784402558771200). The Anoncoin devs are way behind schedule, have not set up the testnet,  and are not responding at all to help that is being offered from the community. I have tried to contact them via this forum, reddit, and the irc channel, offering 20 cores for the entire month of June for their brute force attacks on RSA UFOs, and have received no response. A previous poster offered 5000 USD in matching funds for Gnosis if he finished Zerocoin by June 1, and he wasn't even interested (10k in ANC would certainly become 1 million a month later, if successful....). Though Meeh stated in March that Gnosis received financial backing to implement Zerocoin, Meeh's last post states that Gnosis is busy with his other full time job and can not commit ample time to Zerocoin. Meeh's idea of "I'll get back with more Anoncoin updates soon!" is 3 months time. In three more months, zerocash could already be here.

Zerocash is a joke. Complex, but so opaque that its users cannot even trust that a currency exists, except possible to enrich a malicious operator. It is as opaque as existing financial institutions

Cryptonote, on the other hand, is not.

Zerocoin-in-Anoncoin still has an advantage or two over Cryptonote. They actually have the same problems just that Cryptonote didn't debate with anybody about it and just did it. And look! it isn't a concern to anyone! But the cryptonote devs are concerned about the size the blockchain will become
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:27:22 AM

What meeh wrote was incoherent babble (but I'm curious about those services). Do you want your currency to be shorted, because this is how you get your currency shorted.

There are 7 bitcoins worth of ANC buy orders on the cryptsy order books.
Ben Honeycutt

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:00:57 AM

thanks to the efforts and promotion of the future No1 coin, Anoncoin! Grin
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:20:51 AM

thanks to the efforts and promotion of the future No1 coin, Anoncoin! Grin

These last few posts are not supporters of the ANC,
They are speculators, they were too late in the DRK, and probably in the BTC,
and with their "knowledge" and repeating want to drop the price of the ANC.

I do not know what prevents them to sell today, I have enough BTC for all of your ANC.
Dump the price on Cryptsy.

Real buyers are waiting for your trembling hands!
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:05:40 AM

I dont want to blame the developers (it appears their time may be limited because of other obligations) but they should accept offers to help when available.

Lets set up a bounty pool with rewards for hitting certain benchmarks. I am sure many ANC holders would be happy to contribute.  Why not hire outside coders if the current devs are too busy and/or cannot give us frequent updates?

I already suggested setting up a donation address for bounties about a month or two ago, and the devs never responded.
drAGon925

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:31:34 AM

I already suggested setting up a donation address for bounties about a month or two ago, and the devs never responded.

I do not know what you missed in Meeh's post.
They have daily duties, a lot of work in the daily job.

At the ANC/ZC is doing much as far as they can, and will try even more.

If you read the post, you'll see it all, he had not been logged in a month.
They work in their own way, there is not much logistics, just technical things.

So, they do not need any donations. I'm not saying that would not be good if they were active, but you have to accept the way in which they work.

They create a healthy coin, and I give them as much time as they need.

If I was so unhappy as you are, I do not know what prevented me to support the ANC or any other coin.
drAGon925

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:40:31 AM

[/quote]

One more try and lie ,

if Meeh wrote 1.5 month, that is not July 1.

Buy more, or go on DRK topic!
WDL

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:03:56 AM

drAGon925 is very weird, he is like a member of the Communist Party of China,you know,they hammer everybody who didn't subscribe to the Party,even though person's criticism is constructive.
drAGon925

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:19:26 PM

drAGon925 is very weird, he is like a member of the Communist Party of China,you know,they hammer everybody who didn't subscribe to the Party,even though person's criticism is constructive.

Thanks,
from you that could be a compliment, and I know you like my style.
Because your way of behavior is very sad.

In the most important moment for the ANC, you who are presenting that belive in the ANC, acting like a child.

You want to succeed in immediately and now. want with someone else knowledge to get rich.

Maybe you mean North Korea,
or you are American who lives by China good will ... and who lives on the propaganda of all non US is not good.
SpruceMoosey

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:34:41 PM

I just read this entire thread. Cheesy

ok, lets see you sum it up in 25 words or less!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: