Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:28:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530490 times)
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 02:42:52 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 03:20:19 PM by matthewh3

What is the meaning of "three of five chain myriad" , please?

Basically our current PoW system has a number of weaknesses as discussed in this thread. Here is an issue about how Dogecoin switched to AuxPow to address some of the problems we are having:

http://www.coindesk.com/dogecoin-allow-litecoin-merge-mining/

I think he means three or five chain myriad.  Look at how Myriadcoin works having not one but many blockchains.  Anoncoin is doing something similar except with merged-mine auxPoW chains.  Similar to how Dogecoin is now merged-mined with Llitecoin and how Namecoin is merged-mined with Bitcoin.  Using a three chain myriad an attacker would need to control two of the three chains to pull a 51% attack or similar control of the coins networks.  Using a five chain myriad an attacker would need to control three of the five chains to pull a 51% attack or similar.  Also by using multiple chains we avoid a lot other problems that are affecting Anoncoin now.  Like multipools jumping on and off the only chain as they would either be two or four other chains hashing away.  Depending on whether a three or five chain myriad is implemented.  Using auxPoW merged-mine chains we'll poach a lot of miners off these large chains to also merged-mine Anoncoin at no extra costs.  
This is the explanation I wanted. Thanks a ton !

So it makes sense to set up the auxPoW with bigger chains as they already have lots of miners who'd potentially also mine Anoncoin for free.  It makes sense to auxPoW on Scrypt as Anocoin is currently Scrypt plus the Litecoin chain is secure and the network large.  So anyone who mines Litecoin and Dogecoin could then also mine Anoncoin for free.  Then it makes sense to have a second chain focused on CPU mining.  So either Primes or Cryptonight.  Then a GPU chain also of which the upcoming NeoScrypt looks like it will be the largest GPU network chain.  Although there is also Scrypt-N Vertcoin which is soon to change to Lyra2 algorithm to look at as well.  So you could have a Scrypt ASIC chain plus a Cryptonight or Primes CPU chain and a NeoScrypt GPU chain for a three chain myriad.  Or for a five chain myriad, Scrypt, Primes, Cryptonight, NeoScrypt and Lyra2  For one Scrypt ASIC chain, plus one or two CPU chains and either one or two GPU chains.
Got it !

Only Vertcoin which is soon to change to Lyra2 is the only coin mentioned committed on sticking to GPU mining that's why I mentioned it in preference of Maxcoin Keyack chain.  Which could easily have an ASIC designed for if the coin became valuable enough to do so.  I also feel that Feathercoin with NeoScrypt would go ASIC if the economics made sense.  While Monero the current largest Cryptonight coin seem pretty committed to CPU mining.  I'm not too sure on Primecoin's commitment to staying only CPU as I think they'd welcome a Primes hashing ASIC.  There is also SHA-256d auxPoW to work to look at but most of the Bitcoin pools only hash BTC and NMC while ignoring the rest of the SHA-256d auxPoW coins.  With the exception of GHash.io, mmpool and some P2Pool miners.  Who do mine all the SHA256d auxPoW coins that work well atleast.

Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:40:20 PM

So it makes sense to set up the auxPoW with bigger chains as they already have lots of miners who'd potentially also mine Anoncoin for free.  It makes sense to auxPoW on Scrypt as Anocoin is currently Scrypt plus the Litecoin chain is secure and the network large.  So anyone who mines Litecoin and Dogecoin could then also mine Anoncoin for free.  Then it makes sense to have a second chain focused on CPU mining.  So either Primes or Cryptonight.  Then a GPU chain also of which the upcoming NeoScrypt looks like it will be the largest GPU network chain.  Although there is also Scrypt-N Vertcoin which is soon to change to Lyra2 algorithm to look at as well.  So you could have a Scrypt ASIC chain plus a Cryptonight or Primes CPU chain and a NeoScrypt GPU chain for a three chain myriad.  Or for a five chain myriad, Scrypt, Primes, Cryptonight, NeoScrypt and Lyra2  For one Scrypt ASIC chain, plus one or two CPU chains and either one or two GPU chains.

Just a quick correction - Cryptonight is largely GPU mined at the moment (google "Claymore GPU miner").
Simcom

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:43:55 PM

AuxPOW + Myraid sounds super complicated - has Meeh confirmed that this is what the plan is?  I agree that this is definitely a good thing for the coin, as long as Meeh feels confident that it can be implemented without issue. Most important is maybe a switch from kgw to some other retargeting algo (I assume there are retargeting algos that might fix this issue of large difficulty spikes from block to block). Maybe dark gravity well?
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:48:25 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 04:00:55 PM by K1773R

AuxPOW + Myraid sounds super complicated - has Meeh confirmed that this is what the plan is?  I agree that this is definitely a good thing for the coin, as long as Meeh feels confident that it can be implemented without issue. Most important is maybe a switch from kgw to some other retargeting algo (I assume there are retargeting algos that might fix this issue of large difficulty spikes from block to block). Maybe dark gravity well?
I say the same thing as the last time, before we switched to KGW. Ther eis no susch thing that protects from high hashrate spikes and never will be...

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Simcom

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:49:42 PM

AuxPOW + Myraid sounds super complicated - has Meeh confirmed that this is what the plan is?  I agree that this is definitely a good thing for the coin, as long as Meeh feels confident that it can be implemented without issue. Most important is maybe a switch from kgw to some other retargeting algo (I assume there are retargeting algos that might fix this issue of large difficulty spikes from block to block). Maybe dark gravity well?
I say the same thing as the last time, before we switched to KGW. Ther eis no susch thing that protects from high hashrate spikes and never will be...

Alright fair enough - I guess auxPOW is the best solution then.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:51:57 PM

Just a quick correction - Cryptonight is largely GPU mined at the moment (google "Claymore GPU miner").

You can get over 56H/s on four threads of an eight threaded 20W TDP Atom CPU.  That's probably as good as any GPU efficiency wise mining Cryptonight.  Also there's no opensource or Linux ATI Cryptonight miner.  While most large GPU miners use both ATI and Linux.  GPU mining Cryptonight doesn't seem any more efficient on GPU than CPU it's probably about the same efficiency wise.  Just that you tend to throw a lot more watts into a GPU than CPU.  I'd argue that most of Monero's hashrate comes from botnets.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:57:37 PM

Yes as even using a myriad the network difficulty is set from the chain with the highest difficulty.  So to pick chains with the biggest and steadiest hashrate to auxPoW with is the best solution.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:01:32 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 04:12:11 PM by K1773R

AuxPOW + Myraid sounds super complicated - has Meeh confirmed that this is what the plan is?  I agree that this is definitely a good thing for the coin, as long as Meeh feels confident that it can be implemented without issue. Most important is maybe a switch from kgw to some other retargeting algo (I assume there are retargeting algos that might fix this issue of large difficulty spikes from block to block). Maybe dark gravity well?

correct. even better if combined with myriad and alot of hashpower at each PoW.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Simcom

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:07:42 PM

Yes as even using a myriad the network difficulty is set from the chain with the highest difficulty.  So to pick chains with the biggest and steadiest hashrate to auxPoW with is the best solution.

Just to clarify, each myriad chain has its own difficulty that floats independent of the other chains. ie there would be no one "network difficulty" but 5 different difficulties that are each floating independent of each other. Also I don't think saying that there are 5 chains is accurate per se - there is still only 1 blockchain just five different ways of adding a block to the chain.
Simcom

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:16:47 PM

I apologize I forgot that you are a dev.  Have you all decided that Myraid + auxPoW is the direction anoncoin will take?  And what is the timeline for implementation?  Thanks
varun555

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:22:07 PM

I apologize I forgot that you are a dev.  Have you all decided that Myraid + auxPoW is the direction anoncoin will take?  And what is the timeline for implementation?  Thanks

Throw us some bones dev !!!!!!!!
n00n

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:42:51 PM

Could someone add the box-info-template-thingy to the anon wiki?

So that an info box like here...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

...will appear here:
https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_on_Wikipedia

Kiss
varun555

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:46:02 PM

Having mixed feelings at the moment :
ANC price is shying at 1 dollar mark.... so good days ahead Grin Grin Grin Grin

But the network hashrate has gone so ballistic that it is almost impossible to mine !!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

Yes as even using a myriad the network difficulty is set from the chain with the highest difficulty.  So to pick chains with the biggest and steadiest hashrate to auxPoW with is the best solution.

Just to clarify, each myriad chain has its own difficulty that floats independent of the other chains. ie there would be no one "network difficulty" but 5 different difficulties that are each floating independent of each other. Also I don't think saying that there are 5 chains is accurate per se - there is still only 1 blockchain just five different ways of adding a block to the chain.

Yeah but what I meant is the difficulty for finding Anoncoin blocks will be set by the auxPoW chain with the relatively highest difficulty.  Which will be applied across all Anoncoin auxPoW chains in effect.  So if there's a very high auxPoW scrypt hashrate and a relatively much smaller auxPoW NeoScrypt hashrate then more blocks will be found on the 'bigger' Scrypt chain.  Or at least that's as far as I understand Myriadcoin.

Simcom

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:13:26 PM

Yeah but what I meant is the difficulty for finding Anoncoin blocks will be set by the auxPoW chain with the relatively highest difficulty.  Which will be applied across all Anoncoin auxPoW chains in effect.  So if there's a very high auxPoW scrypt hashrate and a relatively much smaller auxPoW NeoScrypt hashrate then more blocks will be found on the 'bigger' Scrypt chain.  Or at least that's as far as I understand Myriadcoin.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Lets say we chose to do 5 algo myriad with a network (total) block time of 1 minute.  Each algo would find a block on average every 5 minutes, and the difficulty of each algo would adjust independently to maintain this 5 minute block time. In aggregate a block would be found across all algos once every 1 minute.  
Simcom

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:23:31 PM

Post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722.0

and ask for ANC to be added to Bitcoinwisdom.com - if enough people post they will probably add us!!

Also if you are new around here make sure to subscribe on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/anoncoin
GroundRod

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:57:50 PM

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Lets say we chose to do 5 algo myriad with a network (total) block time of 1 minute.  Each algo would find a block on average every 5 minutes, and the difficulty of each algo would adjust independently to maintain this 5 minute block time. In aggregate a block would be found across all algos once every 1 minute.  

Hope this helps for those trying to wrap their mind around the concept...
From http://myriadplatform.org/myriadcoin-mining/
The most important concept to understand about Myriad mining is that each of its 5 algorithms will only find about 20% of all the Myriadcoins that will ever be created. In other words, all Myriadcoins get distributed equally among the 5 algorithms just like 5 fives sharing a pie by cutting it into 5 equal pieces. This means that no matter which algorithm you choose to mine Myriadcoins with you are only competing against the other miners using the same algorithm as you.
For example....

In our case substitute 'Myriadcoins' in the above text with zAnc as you read it....

GR

ETA: Simcom has it right. & sure would like to see it added to bitcoinwisdom as well.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:29:37 PM

Hope this helps for those trying to wrap their mind around the concept...
From http://myriadplatform.org/myriadcoin-mining/
The most important concept to understand about Myriad mining is that each of its 5 algorithms will only find about 20% of all the Myriadcoins that will ever be created. In other words, all Myriadcoins get distributed equally among the 5 algorithms just like 5 fives sharing a pie by cutting it into 5 equal pieces. This means that no matter which algorithm you choose to mine Myriadcoins with you are only competing against the other miners using the same algorithm as you.
For example....

In our case substitute 'Myriadcoins' in the above text with zAnc as you read it....

GR

ETA: Simcom has it right. & sure would like to see it added to bitcoinwisdom as well.

Thanks for that link and quote.

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:19:03 PM

Quite happy I have been mining and buying ANC, guess it can't stay under the radar forever though.

Simcom

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:50:39 PM

Quite happy I have been mining and buying ANC, guess it can't stay under the radar forever though.

If Gnosis can deliver (fingers crossed), I'd expect a market cap in line with XMR/DRK, maybe higher. That means we still have 400-1100% or larger increase still ahead of us.
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: