Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:20:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:57:57 PM

GroundRod lives in the NW.

I live in the NW.

There is massive rain in the NW.  lol

I have asked GR to meet up with me.

Hopefully he's not too scared of my crazy antics to meet with me.  Would be nice to meet one living person that is into crypto and doesn't think I'm crazy every-time I start talking about it.  lol

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:04:45 PM

What happens to merge mined coins if bitcoin forks?

Where as ixcoin fate is in hands of cex, what happens to the coins that go on the other fork? Death? Or a hiccup? Where does io get the majority of their hash? Anyone familar with the various merge mined projects?
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:37:49 PM

nothing happens. aslong as the block is valid it'll be accepted and life goes on
kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:49:41 PM

What happens to merge mined coins if bitcoin forks?

Where as ixcoin fate is in hands of cex, what happens to the coins that go on the other fork? Death? Or a hiccup? Where does io get the majority of their hash? Anyone familar with the various merge mined projects?

Bitcoin did fork a year or so ago for a few days and it didn't affect the merge mined coins as far as I heard.  So I assume a fork in Bitcoin wouldn't cause the merge mined coins to fork or lock up or anything.  I'm not sure if both Bitcoin forks would still be able to contribute to finding block solutions for the merge mined coins or if just one fork would still be contributing.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 04:36:25 AM

Unless the bitcoin core team forks the code differently from the code they have uploaded to github so far and how they have discussed it it should not  effect merge mining. Still pulling this off will be a major event if it comes off without any hitches.  Personally I am not in favor of the fork and while I am not a minority opinion what I think means nothing.  Hopefully the major pools and nodes upgrade prior to the cutoff block so there are no issues.

To answer the earlier inquiries on changes/updates pushed by Ground Rod to the development tree on github he made a few changes that should resolve the issues some people had upgrading wallets without dumping and importing keys. I never had an issue but some had problems getting the blockchain.   

Unrelated to this GR has started making a more advanced build method that would allow for cross compiling.  This is still a work in progress and I have also spent some time on it.  The desired result is that multiple developers will eventually be able to compile wallets to distribute for linux, win.x and osx and we can sign the with a pgp key to confirm we did the build. The builds should match identical if we get it all worked out.  The bitcoin team uses a system called gitian for this to make sure no rogue developer has a gun put to his head or is hacked and releases a wallet that could do harm. I have actually spent some time looking at using gitian on iX. Still a work in progress.  The proposed system by Gr looks promising.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 05:38:40 AM

@deadsea + all

Honestly the development of either GR's toolchain method or the btc's Gitian cross compiling method is not really going to be anything that anyone other than a developer would notice and many developers would probably not use.   I have limited time to devote to this work as my time is stretched on many projects (none of which I am asking for or getting financial compensation ---- my aim is to learn and help 'build' better things for the future). 
That being said I would not be working on it if I did not think it important for the long term.  Please read on.

First I suggest you read more about why the bitcoin team uses gitian and the project here https://gitian.org/ 

Cryptocurrency is in essence (and I borrow this ideology from a paper written by Nick Szabo see it here https://twitter.com/cinnamon_carter/status/547166786006040578 ) trusting the integrity of code to allow you to interact with others who are strangers and/or people you may not be able to trust over the web. Still if you read this paper it makes a lot of sense how Nick points out that the most serious threats to systems is from 'insiders'.

Thus.... iX will be a much better system (from a trust standpoint) if two, three or more developers compile wallets from source code and get the exact same output that can be verified by checksum. (for those who don't understand what checksum verification is see here please read this brief article about what it is checksums explained)  Very few users of cryptocurrency make wallets from source for personal use. They 'trust' the wallet released by the developer or development team. 

If iX or any coin/system is ever going to challenge bitcoin or stand next to it I believe adding this layer of safety will help make that possible even though most users of cryptocurrency are 100% unfamiliar with these concepts. 

Consider my line of thought here.......

I would never release a wallet with a payload or malicious code included but anyone who has followed the alt coin scene knows it has happend a few times before although never with iX or a major coin.  Suppose others trust me, Ground Rod and Ahmed to be 100% honest and never release dishonest code. Suppose we take great care in how we build our wallets (I know I do) using several different computers, virtual machines, computers offline that have never been connected to the web and always use strong passwords and different passwords for everything we log into. Taking these precautions reduces but does not eliminate the possibility of someone compromising our own individual security.  No matter how careful or good you are you can still make a mistake or be hacked.  Even using virus total to screen wallets (Which i recommend everyone use  google it and upload the wallet to the site everytime you upgrade any wallet)  is not full protection since it can only protect users from 'known' threats. 

The long term goal is to provide and establish a release process that will offer end users more 'trust'.
Don't forget trust is the only reason any coin including bitcoin has any 'value'. 
An ideal system would be one that both developers and anyone from the community can compile the source code and get a perfectly matched output that is signed by a public pgp key.

Not as ideal but still very strong would be a system where developers compile releases that can be verified as identical and signed with our pgp keys.

So while everyone else is worried about what the price of iX or btc is today or tomorrow there are a few of us who are thinking ahead and actually designing, building and testing methods that will really improve the system. 

Most people don't consider compromised security until something happens and damage or loss occurs.  Then it is too late.

I am working toward the design of systems that will ensure people like myself who are annonymous programers on the internet will be able to work together to provide open source software for everyone in the world to use and have it be safer and more 'trustworthy' than if it came from microsoft, apple, or anyone else.    Anyone who wants to contribute is welcome to review the development tree of the source code of iX on github or post links to your own work on github here in the forum.  There are many challenges.  For example the gitian system used by the bitcoin developers by design compiles things very slowly and sometimes just fails.  Getting it to work correctly or even installed is not an easy undertaking.  I am still studying exactly how it works so eventually I can use it with any coin or even other software. 

I will finish by saying this. 

If you like cryptocurrency/bitcoin/iX and think it is cool but don't understand how it works please take my advice and read up on how the code actually works  (start with the bitcoin wiki) a little.  You will be amazed at how brilliant the system is and has evolved over the last several years.  I consider the source code we are working with now to be just as much a work of art as the treasures painted by the great masters in the museums of the world and the accomplishments of the best theoretical physicists.  It has the potential to permanently change many things in the world and hopefully for the better. 

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 04:23:45 AM

Thank you, Cinnamon, for your continued hard work and input.

Edit:  I wanna add that [according to my code analysis (lol)] it appears GroundRod is also upgrading BOOST on iXcoin and doing a host of other improvements [which Cinnamon has already explained].

Thank you, GroundRod.

kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:36:21 AM

You will be amazed at how brilliant the system is and has evolved over the last several years.  I consider the source code we are working with now to be just as much a work of art as the treasures painted by the great masters in the museums of the world and the accomplishments of the best theoretical physicists.  It has the potential to permanently change many things in the world and hopefully for the better. 

Well said!  I second the emotion.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 01:42:36 PM

Hey Vlad,
Halsey Minor, CEO of Bitreserve, has added his voice to yours about Bitcoin's future.
https://bitreserve.org/en/blog/posts/bitreserve/in-five-years-the-term-bitcoin-won-t-exist-and-that-s-okay

Quotation:
"In fact, I believe the term “bitcoin” won’t even exist in five years. And that’s okay! Netscape, one of the first internet browsers, isn’t around anymore, let alone known by most internet users. But it kickstarted an entire movement and shift in how our society worked. Bitcoin is poised to be the Netscape of the digital currency movement."

Nice.  I can't believe it took these pros so many years to see what I immediately saw back in 2013.  Bitcoin was designed with a fatal flaw, it was designed to ultimately fail.  Pretty amazing.

But Bitcoin has a big job to do [starting this year] and nobody can stop that.  And then iXCoin will have a job to do and I don't think anyone will be able to stop that plan.

Things should get very exciting for Bitcoin [and crypto] later this year [after Bitcoin gets the ETF].

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:06:34 PM

Is this an opportunity for ixcoin to become what bitcoin should have been?

As stated, i have no problem with btc right now.

I see this as an attempt to bring bitcoin to the world.

Personally I feel it may be a better idea to let the world come to bitcoin.

A lot of people think I am crazy.

I am not someone who feels there is any 'hurry' to push bitcoin on everyone just because some people like us may prefer it.

If they want to use it fine. If they do not let them use what they like.

There are also security issues and the consideration that in the future individuals may not have the resources to use the client.

Also a hard fork that is not backward compatable allowing the use of older wallets is something that is just not necessary.

It appears the hard fork is going to happen regardless of how others feel. 

I may no longer participate in bitcoin or advocate it's use afterword.

Any btc I may have will not be imported to the new client it will just be stored in unredeemed output , maybe forever or until I change my mind.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 05:47:26 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 06:05:56 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Is this an opportunity for ixcoin to become what bitcoin should have been?

And more.

IXCoin, unlike Bitcoin, can scale much better, is fully matured, can pass through regulations much easier, can more easily and quickly add important features, will be cheaper and faster, and many other benefits and improvements which Bitcoin simply cannot touch.

Edit:  I can't believe Cinnamon is gonna let her current Bitcoins go to waste and no longer participate.  I hope she changes her mind - Bitcoin was a lie from day one - I can't believe so many good people actually believed it.  Don't lose good money and opportunities cause of that - find a way to use it in a positive way.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 06:07:33 PM

Bitcoin will become an asset, not a a coin to buy the daily bread with. The only doubt is on its value in 5 years time.

I think Bitcoin will surpass $100,000 in the next 2-3 years and then back to $0 soon after that.

Its replacement will already be mass adopted by the time Bitcoin collapses to zero.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 09:00:18 PM

Maybe not actually 0$,

A value of 2-3 cent could be fair. Lol

I don't see even the Bitcoin name existing on the face of the earth when it's finished with its intended purpose.

In fact, I think the name Bitcoin will become a hated, loathed, infamous name - one which people will not want to be associated with.

bitbets

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:15:21 PM

any plans to get the price of ixcoin up?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 12:34:22 AM

any plans to get the price of ixcoin up?

How does $10 per coin sound?

Unfortunately, we have to wait for the unseen to see their plans through, as we wade though a sea of competition - plans which can hardly be seen [from an outside perspective] but other than that, I think we will soon see great developments [and a price unseen].

See?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 01:11:30 AM

Maybe that's the mission statement for ixc:

You're still trying for a mission statement? 

We need to find out iXcoin's purpose first.  That would be a good start.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 02:14:30 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 02:53:32 PM by Vlad2Vlad

iXCoin has many advantages over Bitcoin and other cryptos.

But they vary greatly in scope, purpose and functionality.  Deriving one mission statement from that would be pure guesswork.

Unless you wanna use a broad stroke brush and simply call it:  iXCoin - the total solution.  

But I think a mission statement is supposed to be more focused and tailored so once again, if we don't know what ixCoin was built for and what its future scope is, a relevant and accurate mission statement is impossible to fathom.

So perhaps we should brainstorm what iXCoin can be best used for.

The first and biggest thing that immediately pops into my mind is:  REMITTENCES.

This is a sure thing.  IXC can do remittances better, faster and cheaper than Bitcoin.

There - that's your start for your mission statement if you really want one.

iXCoin:  iXRemit - Your complete low-cost instant Global money transfer solution - send and receive money anywhere, anytime.

Edit:  Or to make it more simple:  iXRemit - Faster.  Cheaper.  Better.

cl4ud1u

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 03:55:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ly1sxkJag#t=1146
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:04:25 AM

Hi, maybe someone could give me a quick update for iXcoin ...

Is the network still running ? After all coins have been mined.

Is any development going on ?
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 01:50:00 AM

yes, mined out, network running healthy

traded on multiple exchanges,

lots of development going on ,

several of us actually looking at different things,   I was off iX development  a few days ,

I saw one of the team pushed some new code to github so I think I may have time to test drive it tonight, also I have a few minor things to add that I have not had time to test and push to the dev tree. 

All in good time.....  if you are just looking for the lastest stable satoshi client to use for windoze you can get the last build I did here

https://github.com/vladroberto/IXCoin/releases

source to build that client is there also

current master repo we are (mostly) working from is here https://github.com/IXCoin-Dev/IXCoin

test drivers who enjoy this ride can deposit nickles xbxjkqbGnUCZZKNWtmqZeGjXZfLQb9FZAz

Hi, maybe someone could give me a quick update for iXcoin ...

Is the network still running ? After all coins have been mined.

Is any development going on ?

Check out my coin Photon

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: