Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 09:51:33 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 10:33:51 AM by Icoin

I'm not sure there really is any solid investment one could offer other than an investment in ASICMINER... as far as I can tell, no other cryptostock has come close.

Isnt adding 1.5 to 2 TH/s (min. 5 Avalon trade-in and 3x Jupiter preordered) directly to the Devcoin chain solid enough?
GMP and DVB are a merged project operating on a private p2pool mining node (in opeation since allmost a year).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metazilla

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 11:25:05 AM

Since ASIC miner shares have a price that's easy to look up, if they are selling for more than that on Cryptostocks, wouldn't that serve to further devalue the Devcoins?  I mean, wouldn't the exchange rate of DVC relative to BTC then adjust to reflect an equivalent value for the ASIC Miner PT share?

Interesting question. My first thought was that it's actually the opposite case. The mean of the lowest ask and highest bid of ASCMDVCPT is 10404 DVC. That represents 1/1000th of an ASICMINER-PT share, so we can think of one ASICMINER-PT share as 10404000 DVC. Since 10404000 DVC = 8.22 BTC (via Vircurex), but one ASICMINER-PT share is actually worth 3.07 BTC at the time of this writing. So if you had the equivalent amount of ASCMDVCPT shares, you could sell them for almost three times the amount of bitcoins. And yes you can actually do this if you bought in when ASCMDVCPT was a more reasonable price - I turned 30 ASCMDVCPT  (1/1000th) shares into 30 TAT.ASICMINER (1/100th) shares.

I see what you're saying though. If we measured the worth of DVC by how this stock was doing, then 10404000 DVC would only be worth 3.07 BTC. I don't think this is right way to think about it though - it's better to think of the value of DVC as the exchange rate on Vircurex, because that's how you can actually sell DVC for BTC or fiat. It makes more sense to think of ASCMDVCPT as simply being overvalued. I think if this were a more liquid market, people would realize they could make more money by selling their shares of ASCMDVCPT and buying another kind of share, and the price would come down to a reasonable level, or the people trying to sell shares would lower their prices more. I think the liquidity is stifled by the small number of shares personally. FuzzyBear has mentioned they are going to get more shares soon, but I haven't heard anything further than that.

I'm not sure there really is any solid investment one could offer other than an investment in ASICMINER... as far as I can tell, no other cryptostock has come close.

Isnt adding 1.5 to 2 TH/s (min. 5 Avalon trade-in and 3x Jupiter preordered) directly to the Devcoin chain solid enough?
GMP and DVB are a merged project operating on a private p2pool mining node (in opeation since allmost a year).

I meant as far as providing a financial incentive to any investors. ASCMDVCPT paid out 34 DVC per share last week in dividends. 34 / 10404 = 0.003%.

On the other hand, DVB is worth ~188 DVC per share. Last week it paid out 0.03 DVC per share.  0.03/188 = 0.00016%. The highest it paid out was 2.7 DVC per share = 0.01%, which is better than ASCMDVCPT, but it has only been this high twice. Most weeks it is in the 0.03 range.

So while I do think DVB is a good investment if you believe in the vision of DVC and want to help out with the security of DVC's future, but if someone just wants to make money, they are going to invest all their DVC into ASICMINER. Undecided

Also, I think you should probably update the info about DVB on Cryptostocks, because it's kind of difficult figuring out what you are actually investing on. Reading the actual DVB thread here sort of helps, but honestly, I'm still mostly clueless about DVB, and I'd like to invest in something that I understand.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 11:36:39 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 12:44:12 PM by wiser

Also, I think you should probably update the info about DVB on Cryptostocks, because it's kind of difficult figuring out what you are actually investing on. Reading the actual DVB thread here sort of helps, but honestly, I'm still mostly clueless about DVB, and I'd like to invest in something that I understand.

I agree.  I have bought a couple shares of DVB with my faucet earnings and as a way ro learn how the site works.  But I am also unclear on what I am investing in.  I would need to know much more before I would be willing to buy in any significant quantity.

EDIT:

...but if someone just wants to make money, they are going to invest all their DVC into ASICMINER. Undecided

I am guessing this is the reason the DVC asicminer pt share is currently overvalued.  That will likely continue to be the case until there are more DVC investment options.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:13:22 PM

Please review and comment on my idea to improve Devcoin.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240540.msg2548812#msg2548812
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:14:26 PM

I agree.  I have bought a couple shares of DVB with my faucet earnings and as a way ro learn how the site works.  But I am also unclear on what I am investing in.  I would need to know much more before I would be willing to buy in any significant quantity.

EDIT:

...but if someone just wants to make money, they are going to invest all their DVC into ASICMINER. Undecided

I am guessing this is the reason the DVC asicminer pt share is currently overvalued.  That will likely continue to be the case until there are more DVC investment options.

Review the idea I just posted and if it's good that is something to build Devcoin around and invest in.
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 06:39:09 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 10:56:36 PM by Icoin

DVB is the in Devcoin nominated, merged mining part of GMP and the very first Devcoin Cryptostock ever. It supports Devcoin in a comercial way (Supporting the exchange rate to keep it stable by beeing a investment target is not the only activity). In february/march this year the project branded Roboy with the Bitcoin Logo on the head: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101559.msg1510564#msg1510564.
In the last Months a decent amount of funds was sponsored to various new Developers and Projects like http://lawrencevilleplasmaphysics.com. They accept now DVC do to DVB. Im realy not sure what explanation you guys need, i suggest to use longtherm investors feedback. I doubt that there is a single DVB investor that regret that he/she was/is invested in DVB.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101559.msg1352000#msg1352000
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101559.msg1352073#msg1352073
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101559.msg1432394#msg1432394

For a bether understanding count the project value (and dividends amount) of GMP and DVB together. Merged mining means with the same hashingpower doing two chains simultanously.
Informations about the project acheivments besides just mining, can be found here: https://devda.ch/content/project-achievements
We started 2012 with around 3 to 3.5 gh/s (FPGA). By the end of 2013 we expect to be hashing with at least 1.5 to 2 TH/s (ASIC). Since the 28nm Device (Jupiter) comes watercooled, there gonna be added more for GMP in early 2014.
(Avalon trade-in is upcomming what means at least 5 Devices for GMP)
(3 KNCminer Jupiter are expected for early Oct 2013, payment is allready completed)

I would like to do something against the uncertainity of many people regarding the exchange rate. Its not the first low of Devcoin. Last year it was the same. Today there are projects about to become completed, what will definitly have a huge positive influence on the market. Guys who sell there Devcoins atm. do a huge mistake!
Tranquillo. Devcoin is here to stay.

The goal of the DVB project for 2014 is to get a EOS M280, to be able to offer 3d metal printing for Devcoins. You are very welcome to join us Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101559.msg1989286#msg1989286

acs26

June 23, 2013, 03:22:08 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 03:42:10 AM by acs26

I'm thinking about creating a gambling game for Devcoin this week. I think it's going to be simple games, and not that much coding put into it. Probably a raffle game, and probably created using Google Forms since I don't have enough time to code this week.
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:03:23 PM

Some of you are already aware of this, but for the rest:

cryptsy.com has delisted DVC/BTC, and added DVC/LTC

Interesting, bet they thought they might run out of decimal places. Anyone received any share payouts yet? Want to invest some of mine.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:53:03 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 08:03:09 PM by alyssa85

I was trying to implement this, it's not so that difficult, but with a problem, I have no easy way to stop people from spamming the faucet with different subdomains, e.g. one hold example.com would use aa.example.com and bb.example.com pointing to the same site to apply the faucet payment, I have no good way to determine if they are the same site, and one may generate infinite subdomains as long as he own the domain name.

After talking to Ranlo, no easy way to determine the popularity of a site could be found. So you could only pay people for a link on a domain homepage. That is all that is required for the current domain faucet bounty.

Later on if there is more interest, a subdomain faucet bounty would be added for you to make tracking code, or give more money to sites that you manually verify, and then your faucet could also pay for subdomains and/or pay more for popular sites.

If we're talking about the value of backlinks, why not use Google's own metric, which is Google Pagerank? It's their measure of how powerful a domain is - Facebook has a pagerank of 10 while some minor sub-domain with no links has a pagerank of 0. It's an exponential scale - so a site with pagerank of 1 is ten times more powerful than a site with pagerank 0, a site with pagerank 2 is 100 times more powerful than a site with pagerank 0, etc. Also pagerank is calculated on a page by page basis (i.e. they don't just assess the domain. So you can look-up the exact page with a link to devtome.

See the following page for how to pull the api for Google pagerank:

https://code.google.com/p/seostats/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 08:04:59 PM

If Devcoin/Devtome has changed your life, or even just slightly increased your standard of living, please share about it here. We need stories of faith, hope, and redemption brought on by Devcoin. Or even just "I got some coins and bought a new miner".
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241403.msg2559227#msg2559227

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:33:58 PM

I was trying to implement this, it's not so that difficult, but with a problem, I have no easy way to stop people from spamming the faucet with different subdomains, e.g. one hold example.com would use aa.example.com and bb.example.com pointing to the same site to apply the faucet payment, I have no good way to determine if they are the same site, and one may generate infinite subdomains as long as he own the domain name.

After talking to Ranlo, no easy way to determine the popularity of a site could be found. So you could only pay people for a link on a domain homepage. That is all that is required for the current domain faucet bounty.

Later on if there is more interest, a subdomain faucet bounty would be added for you to make tracking code, or give more money to sites that you manually verify, and then your faucet could also pay for subdomains and/or pay more for popular sites.

If we're talking about the value of backlinks, why not use Google's own metric, which is Google Pagerank? It's their measure of how powerful a domain is - Facebook has a pagerank of 10 while some minor sub-domain with no links has a pagerank of 0. It's an exponential scale - so a site with pagerank of 1 is ten times more powerful than a site with pagerank 0, a site with pagerank 2 is 100 times more powerful than a site with pagerank 0, etc. Also pagerank is calculated on a page by page basis (i.e. they don't just assess the domain. So you can look-up the exact page with a link to devtome.

But why would we take PR as being a value of anything? Nobody uses PR as a true value of worth of a domain. It has a very slight impact on some things, but is nothing to worry about. A PR0 site can easily outrank a PR10 site going for the same keywords, depending on how each of them is optimized.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:43:44 PM

But why would we take PR as being a value of anything? Nobody uses PR as a true value of worth of a domain. It has a very slight impact on some things, but is nothing to worry about. A PR0 site can easily outrank a PR10 site going for the same keywords, depending on how each of them is optimized.

Don't be fooled by the FUD put out by Google Smiley Pagerank still rules. I have a lot of websites - and while their content is excellent they all need backlinks to rank, and high pagerank links too. Forget about domains - always, always assess pagerank by individual page.  Sure a PR0 page from a PR10 domain may be outranked by a PR0 page from a PR0 domain if the latter has better onsite SEO. But a PR10 page will always outrank a PR0 page unless the former has been manually penalised by Google.

I was proposing assessing the incoming links page by page rather than based on the domain.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:55:24 PM

Don't be fooled by the FUD put out by Google Smiley Pagerank still rules. I have a lot of websites - and while their content is excellent they all need backlinks to rank, and high pagerank links too. Forget about domains - always, always assess pagerank by individual page.  Sure a PR0 page from a PR10 domain may be outranked by a PR0 page from a PR0 domain if the latter has better onsite SEO. But a PR10 page will always outrank a PR0 page unless the former has been manually penalised by Google.

I was proposing assessing the incoming links page by page rather than based on the domain.

This isn't the right place for this discussion I guess, but you are entirely wrong in your assessment. Do you need some backlinks to rank? Actually, this is also wrong, :p. Though backlinks do help. But ranking has absolutely 0 to do with PR. You can have a PR10 PAGE that is outranked by a PR0 PAGE. It all depends on how you have it optimized.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:04:01 PM

Don't be fooled by the FUD put out by Google Smiley Pagerank still rules. I have a lot of websites - and while their content is excellent they all need backlinks to rank, and high pagerank links too. Forget about domains - always, always assess pagerank by individual page.  Sure a PR0 page from a PR10 domain may be outranked by a PR0 page from a PR0 domain if the latter has better onsite SEO. But a PR10 page will always outrank a PR0 page unless the former has been manually penalised by Google.

This isn't the right place for this discussion I guess, but you are entirely wrong in your assessment. Do you need some backlinks to rank? Actually, this is also wrong, :p. Though backlinks do help. But ranking has absolutely 0 to do with PR. You can have a PR10 PAGE that is outranked by a PR0 PAGE. It all depends on how you have it optimized.

Ranking is still largely about the links coming into your page. I understand that this faucet is about incoming links not the PR of individual devtome pages. The best way to assess incoming links is via pagerank.

Re the PR10 page being outranked by a PR0 page - care to share any examples?  Smiley I've survived Penguin and Panda and a whole host of algos and ranking is largely due to the strength of the incoming links regardless of the FUD put out by Google.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:24:42 PM

Hey there! Could my faucet get added to the main post? It hands out more then the current faucets.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194307.0

Thanks!
acs26

June 24, 2013, 06:33:57 AM

Hey there! Could my faucet get added to the main post? It hands out more then the current faucets.

Thanks!

Will be adding it. Took some minutes to add it, but after messing up some of the main thread's BBC coding I put it on. Added.
ashleysly

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:55:28 PM

That is true. It is how well the SEO is optimised and the content upon the website. If the content is rubbish and not related to used keywords, then don't expect to be good at ranking, else viseversa.

Thanks!

Nice to know theres another faucet! Lets make Devcoin thrive and increase in the Crypt-currency market!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:01:21 PM

That is true. It is how well the SEO is optimised and the content upon the website. If the content is rubbish and not related to used keywords, then don't expect to be good at ranking, else viseversa.

Thanks!

Nice to know theres another faucet! Lets make Devcoin thrive and increase in the Crypt-currency market!

Think you messed your quotes up, that was my post, haha. But yeah, I wanted to spread the word and I do, I also give away bigger amounts often. I'm thinking of increasing the 20DVC to 50DVC though.
ashleysly

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:09:12 PM

Thanks!

Think you messed your quotes up, that was my post, haha. But yeah, I wanted to spread the word and I do, I also give away bigger amounts often. I'm thinking of increasing the 20DVC to 50DVC though.

I did get my quotes messed up:( anyway, looks like I got a new dvc faucet to go to!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 05:43:55 PM

It takes no more than $0.00 to do it, lol.

How much time does it take?

Just put it into some autosurf sites as your target page to send traffic to, and assign visits, or if you have no visits credit, leave a few browsers running generating you credit. Alexa is pretty much the main reason to even bother using autosurfs at all.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: