Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:43:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 07:24:58 PM

This is the closest I've ever come to writing about conspiracy:
http://www.rollitup.org/spirituality-sexuality-philosophy/624175-strange-coincidence.html

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 07:25:21 PM

Ha, you did it again.  Roll Eyes  See that "edit" button? Its so you don't have to post twice in a row.

Wow. I am done reading anything you have to say. You ARE from RIU, this is DEFINITIVE proof. That is the ONLY website I have EVER been on where ANYONE mentioned that besides YOU, NOW.

WOW.

You've probably been reading my threads for almost 2 years now. At least 1 year. And THAT is what you have to complain about... Conspiracies (Which I DO NOT talk about) and pressing the god damn Edit button... WOW.

Yea, 1-2 years now...hmmm:

Name:   shakezula
Activity:   168
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   April 17, 2013, 05:08:01 PM

Multiple websites, duh. You knew that though. You just got done reading that I said you were from RIU.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 07:26:55 PM

Andy?

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 07:28:46 PM

1, 2, 3 posts you just made to say something that could have been done all in one post.

1, 2, 3 posts of you dodging shit.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:31:44 PM

Can you two please wrap it up?  Suddenly in the past few days the DVC thread takes longer to read.  Can we stay on topic please.  Thanks Smiley

Edit:  BTW, someone had to correct me on double posting at one point, because I didn't know either.  The bottom line is that when you've just posted something, but then think of something else to say, you hit the edit button on your post, add the word "Edit," then share your additional thought, just like I did.  Then people who read the thread once or twice a day only have less to wade through.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:33:24 PM

Guys,

I like what MarkM said that we can do to avoid people abusing the system and to bring in people dedicated to the cause of devcoin. He brought something up that made me think, what he initially said was the devtome earner's reciever wallet should have atleast as many dvc as they would get by writing for the current round.

If we really wanted to raise the price and basically guarantee that writer's would not drop the price by 1 satoishi we can say that they would earn as many devcoins as they have in their wallets at any time. So after each round if the writer dumps some dvc they will need to buy the amount they intend to earn by writing. This is essentially a 0 sum proposition so that each user cannot negatively effect the price only positive at the same time giving the opportunity for writers to earn by writing.

At the very least we should assume that each round that many coins should exist in the reciever's wallet, this is to avoid the people who solely write and dump each round. I think this should be an essential requirement. Doesn't make sense that people are allowed to write 80k words and then dump right away without actually holding anything as collateral. This will not avoid the case where people will make a one time buy of devcoin and then continually earn and dump, but it is better than nothing and a good starting point.

Not only would this drive in quality material but also quality developers/writers as well who look out for the long term prospects of devcoin and not only the short term.

Based on feedback I think maybe in the future we can extend it for the 50% requirement and keep a tally of how much each person has earned so that the user will have a 0 sum if they cash in their dvc when they feel they are done writing.

How would this change come about? Would there be a vote or consensus among admins?
I don't care HOW MANY PEOPLE say that this doesn't matter, but Devcoin has been 10$ before. JUST LIKE THE 60,000,000 DVC dump DROPPED the price... If we Unionized, and no one sold DVC for under 1 Penny. And everyone BOUGHT Devcoins that were under a penny when they could, so that they were no longer listed. The price of the coin would INEVITABLY  be one penny.

And that is the power of trading. There are ways for this to happen, even without doing it through direct trade, EX:

When I start a Silver shop, I will be testing the silver and allowing people to view THEIR bar/round of silver tested for purity. Literally they can see the bar in their hand, and compare the serial number to the one in the video.

And this silver will be available for DVC. So people will see that they can buy pure silver with DVC, and they will want DVC or put a higher value on the DVC in their wallet.

Same would happen if ANY OTHER stores started opening.

And AS SOON as these things start happening, Devcoins value goes up. There's your incentive to hold.

HOLDING COINS DOES NOT MAKE THEM WORTH MORE

I'm not asking for your oppinion I already know yours, your broke as a joke and need to get paid. Copying and pasting your reply doesn't really prove anything other than the fact that your lobying against holding devcoins but being able to dump as you earn on the go. This shows me how much you actually care about the future of the project. About the silver stuff, you've said alot of stuff over the last few months and I haven't seen anything come out of you except talking big things, and putting others down who truly want to make the project better. Come up with constructive critisicm or dont post at all. The other guy is right, use your damn edit button and make one post instead of blabbering on 10 times cluttering up any thread your on.

You literally do not know how a market works and I do not even want to question how you will achieve in holding silver inventory to sell for a coin and the margin you're going to have to post when dvc loses value from your purchasing price is somethign I'm not going to even spend more than a minute on. I'll believe it when I see it, until then we are at a point where we need more incentive to hold here.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 07:36:37 PM

Lol. Have fun with that.

I'm pretty sure there is no interest in turning the devcoin into any kind of elite coin.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:34:08 PM

Is this possible? A distributed payment system allowing a devcoin payment based on 1000 hits on select youtube videos?

How would we pay via the mined dvc?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 10:45:08 PM

We could do it by paying based on clickthroughs, on the principle that if the video fails to convince the viewer to actually follow through by going to the site the video is promoting then the video failed to "convert" that viewer...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 10:51:59 PM

Can you two please wrap it up?  Suddenly in the past few days the DVC thread takes longer to read.  Can we stay on topic please.  Thanks Smiley

Edit:  BTW, someone had to correct me on double posting at one point, because I didn't know either.  The bottom line is that when you've just posted something, but then think of something else to say, you hit the edit button on your post, add the word "Edit," then share your additional thought, just like I did.  Then people who read the thread once or twice a day only have less to wade through.

+1 - important messages and topics are getting missed as every post is by FinShaggy.

Finshaggy please show some discipline in your posting and allow others to use this thread. Instead of posting multiple messages in a row, please put all your thoughts into one post, and allow time for others to post in between.

Please don't pick me out of a crowd when I am simply defending the coin. Devcoin is meant to pay artists and developers that wouldn't get paid otherwise, and they are here talking about how poor I am and acting like that means I am mooching. If I wasn't poor, I would have never came here.

And they started it by talking about my dead brother in another thread BEFORE coming to talk about my poverty, so again, please don't act as if I am the one causing any of this.

But I will stop replying to them, I am thinking about just putting Shakezula on ignore.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:08:08 PM

We could do it by paying based on clickthroughs, on the principle that if the video fails to convince the viewer to actually follow through by going to the site the video is promoting then the video failed to "convert" that viewer...

-MarkM-

Wow cool Mark! so this is already available? How does the current youtube viewership fees work? There's people that make tons of money just off youtube hits... but they aren't necessarily providing a link its their video's and thats it, the user doens't have to follow through?

clickthroughs are more advanced but really the goal is to pay based on views...a nd youtube will filter out ppl trying to scam for hits etc.... I dont expect every video to point to a url which you must click... some videos are informative only.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:18:14 PM

Edit:  BTW, someone had to correct me on double posting at one point, because I didn't know either.  The bottom line is that when you've just posted something, but then think of something else to say, you hit the edit button on your post, add the word "Edit," then share your additional thought, just like I did.  Then people who read the thread once or twice a day only have less to wade through.

+1 - important messages and topics are getting missed as every post is by FinShaggy.

Finshaggy please show some discipline in your posting and allow others to use this thread. Instead of posting multiple messages in a row, please put all your thoughts into one post, and allow time for others to post in between.

Please don't pick me out of a crowd when I am simply defending the coin. Devcoin is meant to pay artists and developers that wouldn't get paid otherwise, and they are here talking about how poor I am and acting like that means I am mooching. If I wasn't poor, I would have never came here.

And they started it by talking about my dead brother in another thread BEFORE coming to talk about my poverty, so again, please don't act as if I am the one causing any of this.

But I will stop replying to them, I am thinking about just putting Shakezula on ignore.

shakezula is awesome!  He helped me on a bunch of coins even though I didn't pay him very much, so I commend him for his generosity.  FinShaggy, I recommend you go to khanacademy.com and look at some of he economics videos.  (Also, to wiser, this is a great site for homeschooling!)
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:24:30 PM

Probably the best guy to get for the job would be the one who actually came up with the new code aka created the new I0Coin.
Maybe even the guy deserves to be on the tenured developers list, since he basically embarked on all this just to do it, that is, he seems to be a person who just goes ahead and does useful free open source development just for fun or just for the sake of doing it, and he seems to do good work.

I agree, whoever he is, he deserves to go on the share list. Please ask him to message Metazilla so he can get devcoins.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:30:17 PM

shakezula is awesome!  He helped me on a bunch of coins even though I didn't pay him very much, so I commend him for his generosity.  FinShaggy, I recommend you go to khanacademy.com and look at some of he economics videos.  (Also, to wiser, this is a great site for homeschooling!)

I created an account on khan academy after watching his netflix video pretty cool although the economics section was of no help to me, i like some of hte math courses!... def cool to check out and even apply in our school curriculums
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 11:39:08 PM

Starting from about page seventeen or so the thread about writing for devtome has started to get into shares ideas/concerns that affect more than just devtome; should probably have been posted in this thread instead of that one maybe in fact...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:47:53 PM

the developers of devcoin should close down the devtome for a while.
It can't take much more inflation, its value is near 0.  Shocked
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:52:31 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 02:33:17 AM by wiser

... I recommend you go to khanacademy.com and look at some of he economics videos.  (Also, to wiser, this is a great site for homeschooling!)

Yup, Khan Academy is a great site Smiley

Oh and not trying to pick on any particular person, though was hoping to break up a fight (or at least send it somewhere else).  But using the edit feature here is very helpful to others when you have a lot to say but don't think of it all at once.  A good policy for everyone to follow IMHO.  I use it a lot myself LOL.

Edit:  I have a couple things to add, and had better follow my own advice and not double post LOL.

the developers of devcoin should close down the devtome for a while.
It can't take much more inflation, its value is near 0.  Shocked

It seems to me that any time there's a bump in the road with Devcoin or the Devtome, there's always someone making radical recommendations such as this one that would represent a major departure in the original way the Devcoin project (including how it's brought into circulation) was set up.  It makes me glad that UnthinkingBit (inventor--is that the right word?--of Devcoin) has a very cool head, carefully considers decisions he makes, especially ones which represent a significant change, and doesn't seem to be phased by much.  I think the principle of don't make a major decision during a crisis or don't turn your ship around in a storm is applicable here, even if the suggestion turns out to be a good one.  Also, in the long run, keeping things consistent is probably going to be the most important determining factor in the success of the project.  You certainly don't want to make people feel like there's no way to know what to expect from getting involved.

On another note, here's my advice for how to be successful as a Devtome writer.  I've done fairly well in all the rounds I've contributed to so far, and wish the best to all the new writers this round, many of whom I have signed up Smiley

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=your_devtome_writing_success
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 12:03:31 AM

Made a Devtome Blog:
http://devtome.blogspot.com/

I'm thinking whoevers article gets the most clicks in 1 month gets the adsense money... Or maybe the money just goes into Devcoin or Devtome somehow.

What do ya'll think? Should I start posting more articles?

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:17:00 AM

Made a Devtome Blog:

I'm thinking whoevers article gets the most clicks in 1 month gets the adsense money... Or maybe the money just goes into Devcoin or Devtome somehow.

Maybe crosslink articles with relevant info in Devtome and drive more traffic there? Speaking of I saw some Google Analytics for Devtome, but what does the AdSense look like? If we got more traffic to Devtome would AdSense increase at all?

~shakezula
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 12:18:50 AM

Made a Devtome Blog:

Maybe crosslink articles with relevant info in Devtome and drive more traffic there? Speaking of I saw some Google Analytics for Devtome, but what does the AdSense look like? If we got more traffic to Devtome would AdSense increase at all?

~shakezula

Good idea. I should add links to all the articles.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: