Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 05:52:19 PM

There was no additions made to the code.
By now Namecoin was changed to Icoin, NC to IC and the ports to 1291/1294
I'm curious why you don't just use namecoin?

Cause it make no sense to bloat namecoin. Icoin is not about DNS for websites, its for authenthicity of realms and avatars (HG).

That is part of what namecoin is for. For example your nyms in OpenTransactions can be put under an alias registered in namecoin. You don't have to put entries in namecoin into the default domain, you also have aliases and actually even arbitrary categories. Certainly aliases as well as domains.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:21:18 AM

Hey there! Could my faucet get added to the main post? It hands out more then the current faucets.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194307.0

Thanks!

Is the "faucet" the forum thread you referenced, or is there a faucet website?  How often does this faucet pay out?
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:53:33 AM

Hey there! Could my faucet get added to the main post? It hands out more then the current faucets.

Thanks!

Is the "faucet" the forum thread you referenced, or is there a faucet website?  How often does this faucet pay out?

It's the forum thread, just post there. Currently you can get it once, but if the amount increases you can get it again.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:46:31 AM

Thanks!

It's the forum thread, just post there. Currently you can get it once, but if the amount increases you can get it again.

or just use a different address ..thanks

Yeah, exploit the system to screw over others. That's the kind of attitude we want around here...

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:36:18 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 06:48:27 PM by twobits

ASCMDVCPT shares for a more reasonable price. Without competitive share prices, people are just going to sell their DVC for BTC and invest in ASICMINER directly. Perhaps someone could offer a service that acts sort of like ASCMDVCPT, but with the price fixed to the TAT.ASICMINER value?

There are a couple of things that could make the price higher.  More people able to buy in at 1/1000 of a share, so you pay a bit of a premium  for the extra divisibility.    It also has a 1% fee vs 5% for TAT, so you potentially get more of a return over the long run, even with the current  0.2% currency conversion fees.   

One other solution I considered was to make some sort of service allowing people to buy things directly with DVC - think BitPay or Gyft but with DVC instead. This way people wouldn't be in such a hurry to sell off their DVC for fiat. Although of course the problem here is the service would still be forced to somehow exchange the DVC for fiat in order to actually purchase the goods for their customers.

Thoughts?

Better for adding value to the currency may be a bitmit in dvc?  Then people may not even convert to fiat but stay in dvc to later buy something they want.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:05:30 PM

Best would for adding value to the currency may be a bitmit in dvc?  Then people may not even convert to fiat but stay in dvc to later buy something they want.

Why don't we contact bitmit and ask them to add a devcoin payment option? At worst they'll say No - but they might say Yes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:56:09 PM

Best would for adding value to the currency may be a bitmit in dvc?  Then people may not even convert to fiat but stay in dvc to later buy something they want.

Why don't we contact bitmit and ask them to add a devcoin payment option? At worst they'll say No - but they might say Yes.

What companies "might" do is the most important thing to consider. The outcomes are endless. We can only, but always try.

ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:56:49 PM

That would raise the value. They might add it providing that they can see a profit in introducing the currency, if not they might refuse but you are right about the worst they can do is refuse. if they refuse there is still nothing lost.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
Boelens

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:04:20 PM

Thanks!

Well, I probably won't notice if you post twice, or the same address twice, as I don't really pay attention to names, and you'd get away with it, but it's definately not nice what you're doing :/.
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:52:21 AM

for being math geniuses i find it amazing u don't understand the ballooning share count is what made the doom of dvc...thanks Huh

Please explain your point because the ballooning share count is actually HELPING it out. Devcoin is becoming more distributed over time.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:23:39 AM

for being math geniuses i find it amazing u don't understand the ballooning share count is what made the doom of dvc...thanks Huh

Please explain your point because the ballooning share count is actually HELPING it out. Devcoin is becoming more distributed over time.

i'm stoked cripzee( cryptsy) back up and you can still sell off DVC for LTC...thanks
U must be naive or stupid to sell dvc at 80 basis points off of 0 lol thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Besides ltc charts point lower towards sub $1 if 2.39 gives way. A close above 3 is bullish.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:20:14 AM

to each his own
ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:19:23 AM

Thanks!

Well, I probably won't notice if you post twice, or the same address twice, as I don't really pay attention to names, and you'd get away with it, but it's definately not nice what you're doing :/.

Program some way to find duplicates before getting entered into the database might help

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:23:55 PM

I am not selling DVC even though I have quite a lot of them.   I believe it will appreciate in value as the projects start to show itself
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:29:16 PM

So, what exactly happened to www.devcointalk.org? There's been extremely little activity on it, despite the initial excitement over it...
Boelens

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:49:52 PM

Thanks!

Program some way to find duplicates before getting entered into the database might help

I don't have a database, it's a manual faucet =P. I might write a faucet, but I'm not really that strict on people duplicating.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:12:58 PM

I haven't had a chance to write anything for round 25.  Anybody know when round 25 ends?  I hope the payout is better than round 24. 140,955 per share which was $13 per share came in where I predicted at less than $3 per hour.

I'm hesitant to even bother but it's good for the devcoins I do have to get more content out there so I'll try to put some effort into it.  I wonder if we'll get lots of writers from emerging countries as $3 per hour is still really good money out there.  Should be interesting.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:14:34 PM

One more thing.  I was at nearly 400 posts and now I got dropped to 56.

What happened?  Why did I lose 75% of my post count?  I'm back to Jr level.  I've had some serious family issues to attend to but just because I don't post for nearly 2 weeks shouldn't mean I lose most of my posts.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Boelens

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:21:34 PM

What happened?  Why did I lose 75% of my post count?  I'm back to Jr level.  I've had some serious family issues to attend to but just because I don't post for nearly 2 weeks shouldn't mean I lose most of my posts.

You didn't lose your posts, they're still on your profile. It switched to activity now, go to the 'Meta' subsection for more information on this.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:22:28 PM

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237597.0

Still around.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: